Bedeviled [Bucky Barnes] DISC...

By marvelous-imagining

bedevil {bɪˈdɛv(ə)l/} verb • (of something bad) cause great and continual trouble to • (of a person) to... More

01
02
03
05
06
07
08
09
10
11
A/N Farewell

04

225 10 2
By marvelous-imagining

"Don't be such a scaredy cat!" I exclaim with a laugh as Bucky lets out a groan.

"I only have one hand left to lose! This is unfair." He complains as he turns his hand, palm facing the ceiling.

"Well at least you know where you're going to get hit. I can never know, I still have both of my hands."

"Oh, poor you!

We're playing a game to pass some time.

We both have our hands, or in his case, a hand, in front of us, palms pointed up. We take turns to try and slap our palm against the other's and if the other flinches before the slap or gets hit, they lose.

We're both adults and we're playing a game I saw some kids play in the street that I used to live on.

But what else is there for us to do?

That's right; nothing.

We could talk, sure, but we've already pretty much covered all the topics we could think of. I know Bucky almost as well as the back of my hand. From what I've heard, I know I could read him like a book if he ever tried to hide something from me. I also know he could do the same to me.

I love how close we have gotten during the time we've been here. It's a wonder how neither of us have been dragged away to the gates of Hell. By that I mean the room where the people get tortured.

I try not to think about it all that much but it's hard. It gets harder and harder with each day that passes.

"Ha! Got ya." Bucky cheers as he finally gets to slap my palm successfully.

"Oh, geez," I mutter and let out a chuckle, shaking my head slightly.

"What's up?" He asks, brows creating a crease in between them.

"I just got lost in my thoughts," I say and raise my palms again.

"About...?"

"When did you become so nosy?" I laugh.

"When you started hiding things from me," he says in a serious tone which makes my smile falter. "So, since the beginning, I guess."

I swallow the lump in my throat that appeared only few seconds ago. "What do you mean I'm hiding things from you?"

"Whenever I try to ask you about Jack, you change the subject."

Like I said, we've covered almost all the topics we could think of.

I feel my fists clenching as I hear the name. "I'm not ready to talk about him."

"Can you please just tell me how you knew him?" Bucky says with pleading eyes.

I turn my head away from him, avoiding his gaze for a few seconds before finally giving in. "He was my brother," I say quietly. "You probably could have figured it out from our shared family name."

"What do you mean 'was' your brother?"

"He died in the battlefield," I say matter-of-factly and see a slight change in Bucky's demeanour. I tense up as I notice a guilty look in his eyes. "Didn't he?" I ask carefully.

"C'mon, palms up," he says, trying to change the subject.

"James," I say in a warning tone, my breathing becoming erratic.

"Marie, you don't want to know wh—"

"Yes, I do!" I fight back. "I have the right to know what happened to my big brother!"

"No, I don't think it's—"

"Tell me!"

"Fine!" He yelled out in frustration. "Remember when I told you about the time we were held captive by HYDRA?" He asks and I nod, listening carefully with a frown on my face, my heart still beating hard in my chest. "I'm not sure what happened after that but I'm quite sure he—"

Bucky got interrupted by a door opening. We both turn to look towards the sound and see a HYDRA soldier standing in the doorway to my cell.

I scream, backing against the bars as if wishing I could magically move through them. I hold onto the bars like my life depends on it.

That's how it feels.

The man stomps over to me, grabs my arms and tries to pull me away. I keep holding tight onto the bars, tears streaming down my eyes. Bucky is trying to hold onto me as well but with only one hand left, it's hard for him to do since the soldier holding onto my legs has double the strength Bucky has.

I end up being ripped from the bars, my hands aching from the strength of my grip I was desperately holding the bars with. The man drags me away while I scream for help, for Bucky but of course he can't save me.

The man drags me to a lab, throws me inside. I fall to the cold, hard floor with a thump and I moan in pain. Suddenly I feel someone grabbing my arm and yanking me up with force.

I see bunch of people wearing lab coats around me and a young girl, about nine years old, on the table, almost unconscious.

The man that has a tight grip on my arm walks me over to the table and I know exactly what they want me to do.

They want me to heal her.

There's no way I could protest. She's a young, tiny girl on the table hanging onto a little bit of life she has left. Who in their right mind could say no to helping her?

I look at her, there's a scar on the right side of her face, based on her haircut, she wants to keep it hidden. Her ebony colored hair is parted on the left side, making her hair fall right over the scar.

I waste no time in placing my hand on her blood covered body. I close my eyes, trying my best to heal her.

It takes me a few minutes to fully heal her wounds, she's still clearly exhausted. Unfortunately I can't help her with that.

I let out a sigh in relief as the little girl looks up at me. "Köszönöm," she says tiredly. Thank you.

All of a sudden she is ripped away from the table and dragged to the corner of the room where a man is standing, waiting for her. "You've done poorly, Ophelia," he says.

"I'm sorry Mr Whitehall." The little girl apologizes, head hanging low as she looks down at the ground in shame.

"You know that will do nothing to prevent you from getting punished," Whitehall says with no sympathy in his eyes whatsoever. He stands up straighter and opens a door where Ophelia heads without even protesting.

She turns to look at me and I feel my breath hitching as I see her scared, teary eyes. I almost take a step forward but a soldier holds me back.

Whitehall pushes Ophelia forward and the doors close shortly after. Few seconds go by before I start hearing her bloodcurdling screams. I try to take another step toward the door but the soldier still holds me back. I then start trashing in his hold, trying to break free only to be punched in the stomach by another person. I fall to the ground, holding my stomach as tears fall down my cheeks.

I still hear Ophelia's heartbreaking screams and I try to block out the sound with my hands with no success.

The other people in the room just stand there, doing nothing as they listen to the screams coming from the room next to us.

They're just standing there emotionless, standing in their places like statues.

Heartless bastards.

The same man who tried to hold me back pulls me up from the ground and guides me to another person I have to heal.

The person is not the last one either.

***

After the healing session that seemed to have lasted for hours, I am brought back to my cell. I feel the guard gripping on my arm tighter as he guides me to my bed, forcefully pushing me down.

"Hey asshole!" I hear Bucky's voice from beside me. "What did you do to her?" He asks, not getting an answer back. "I will fucking kill you when I get out of here, you hear me?" He spits. I hear the cell bars rattling again.

I see the guard heading back out of my cell, ignoring Bucky as he goes.

"Yeah, you better run!" Bucky yells out, moving over to the door of his cell and forcefully shaking the bars in anger.

"Bucky," I croak out, wanting him to stop before he gets in trouble.

He rushes back to me, looking down at me while I fight to keep my eyes open.

"Marie," he says in a hushed tone. "Marie," he repeats, much louder. "Are you okay?"

I shake my head as tears form in my tired eyes.

I can see his jaw clenching although my vision is filled with tears. "What happened?" He asks as he brushes away the strands that have fallen over my face. "What did they do to you?"

I swallow hard and open my mouth to speak. "Too... Exhausted..." I say, not having enough energy to explain everything to him.

"Did they hurt you?" He asks, afraid.

"Not... Much..."

He places his hand on my cheek and I find myself leaning closer to his touch. "We'll talk tomorrow," he says gently and pulls his hand away. "Good night."

"Night... Bucky," I say with all the energy I have before I fall asleep.

First of all, who recognized Ophelia and Daniel Whitehall?

If you've watched Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., you might remember Daniel Whitehall aka. Kraken. Also, he's in the comics, of course.

If you're wondering, Ophelia Sarkissian aka Viper is Madam Hydra. Some of you probably know her from the comics OR from games like Avengers Academy or Captain America: Super Soldier. And, apparently she's going to be in AOS as well.

Please, take it into account that I won't be writing these characters according to the TV show. I will be making my own storylines for these characters, I will be writing them to fit into this story without taking their Marvel TV universe selves into account.

What do you think about me adding them to this story? I understand that I pretty much mixed up timelines and stuff but hopefully that's not too big of a problem. This is a fanfiction after all, I can choose to do pretty much anything I want.

Second of all, what do you think happened to Jack?

Tell me your thoughts in the comments.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Crave By Kensy

Fanfiction

46.8K 1.3K 10
The Asset. Makes it sound like there was only one, doesn't it? One assassin, one soldier, one life stolen and taken over to be used as a tool for evi...
113K 5.1K 77
***Sexual scenes. Do not read if under 18*** Hydra took her as a child. She was their first experiment. The first Winter Soldier. The only one histor...
358 32 10
Bucky still cant get past the nightmares, but then his past starts to creep back in, in the most unexpected way. Fair warning... It's going to get st...
653K 13.6K 200
This is the Sequel to Winter's Widow. Hydra has been defeated, at least for now. You and Bucky are just trying to raise your babies and love one anot...