Learning To Love The Alpha Su...

By eternitytotry

[Complete] A werewolf mxm story: An age old treaty signed hundreds of years ago between a pack... More

Author's Note
Chapter 1 - Ciel Smith
Chapter 2 - Goodbyes Never Seem Easy
Chapter 4 - This Might Hurt
Chapter 5 - Knowing You
Chapter 6 - Nathaniel Green
Chapter 7 - Feeling Alive
Chapter 8 - Knowing Doesn't Change A Thing
Chapter 9 - Making Friends
Chapter 10 - A Chance To
Chapter 11 - The Beginning
Chapter 12 - Trust Issues
Chapter 13 - Sorry Might Just Cut It
Chapter 14 - The Thought Of Losing You
Chapter 15 - Being Aware Of You
Chapter 16 - My First Kiss Went A Little Like This
Chapter 17 - Enamoured
Chapter 18 - You're Mine
Chapter 19 - Testing Me, Testing You
Chapter 20 - Our Happy Ending (Final Chapter)

Chapter 3 - Welcome To Your New Home

36.3K 1.6K 545
By eternitytotry

Media:  Picture of Theo Blackburn, the Alpha Successor, Played by Theo James 

It was a miserable sight as Ciel stood by the car that was going to take him to his new home. His father, Sam, was loading the back of the car with his smaller bags, as they have sent his trunk ahead of time. His main trunk would reach with Lady Mila and her attendant as they went before him to settle Ciel's stuff in and to represent the tribe to give Ciel away.

Usually, Ciel should be arriving with Lady Mila, but Lady Mila, who had ties with the Alpha of the Spirit Lunar pack, wanted to arrive earlier to have a chat with the Alpha. Ciel had no doubts that it would include several threats that she didn't want Ciel to be around to listen to. She was a fiery woman who knew what she wanted and fiercely protected her own. One would be courting death if they so much as looked at her loved ones in the wrong way.

Elder Jed had initially opposed to her idea of being there before Ciel was as it may be viewed as odd, even disrespectful. But it didn't take much to convince him that her idea was the best and only idea. She left right after dinner last night and had probably already reached the pack and was already having a lecture with the Alpha, if the Alpha allowed her to have her way. Which, she probably would after some 'convincing'.

Gin stood glued to Ciel, clinging onto him as though his life depended on it. Ciel's eyes were red and teary, having cried several times throughout the morning. His left arm was already numb from the way Gin was holding on, and he could sense his impending departure coming for him. He felt lost, as though he didn't have enough time with his tribe, to say his goodbyes and to tell them how much he loved them and would never forget them.

Sam slammed the trunk of the car shut, walking up to his son, wanting to give him a hug, but instead, found himself facing a frowning Gin, who didn't look as though he was going to let anyone near Ciel at the moment.

"Gin. You have to let go. You got to say goodbye to Ciel all morning. It's my turn." Sam said, reaching out to touch Gin, who simply snarled aggressively at him, making the older man retreat slightly.

"Gin." Elder Jed started, "Come son, let Sam has to say his goodbye."

Gin shook his head, clutching onto Ciel with even more ferocity, his nails digging to Ciel's arm, who could only wince in pain. He had expected this, to some extent. Gin was very attached to him.

Sam closed his eyes in exasperation, shaking his head. He looked at his son fondly as he spoke, "I've always imagined how it would be like if you got married, but I really didn't expect to prepare you as a bride." Sam laughed bitterly as he squeezed Ciel's right shoulder, ignoring Gin's warning growl, "I wished I could be there with you."

"Well, you can't. You have to stay here and take care of Gin and the tribe." Ciel laughed, "I didn't expect to be a bride either."

"If it gets too tough, come back home. I'll deal with the consequences." Sam insisted suddenly, his eyes narrowing. His hand itched to pull his son towards him in a hug, but Gin's presence was strong. Despite not having alpha genes, Gin's scent and posture right now was impressive to say the least. He was ready for a fight, anyone could tell. And a fight was the last thing Sam wanted for his son on this day they have to part.

"Dad..." Ciel's heart clenched painfully.

"I mean it." Sam asserted, "You're not getting married immediately anyway. You are only going there to live together for two years to build some foundation with the pack; you will only marry when you are eighteen, not a day earlier. If you absolutely cannot stand to live there, come back here, we'll deal with the problems as they come."

"Everything will be okay, Dad. We can't be selfish. You are about to become a Tribe Elder, don't you think you should prioritise the tribe before me?" Ciel tried to rationalise, but he was beyond thankful that his father had these thoughts for him.

Sam was quiet for a while, before he muttered under his breath, "I don't want you to think that I've sold you off."

Ciel gasped, his hands quickly reaching out to hold his father's, "You did not. I know you didn't." He reassured Sam. "Dad. I know that you always had my best interest at heart, you saved me, Sam. My life is yours to do as you please, really."

"Ciel, I will not stand for talks like this." Sam's eyes started to water and the older man looked away from his son. Even though it wasn't his flesh and blood that he was sending away, it certainly felt like it. Ciel was his son, no matter what anyone can say about them.

"Then stop saying stupid things too. Dad. You didn't sell me off. The tribe had a need, and I am only stepping up to do what I can. This is good, Dad. I promise. Everything will be alright." Ciel reassured, even though he did not have a clue if it was truly going to go as he wished it would.

Gin let out a low growl by his ear when the Tribe Elder came up towards them, "It's time for him to go. Any longer and we will be late for the pack. Who knows how the traffic would be like."

Ciel couldn't decide which felt worse: Leaving his tribe, travelling to his new pack, or actually arriving at the doorsteps of his new hell. Thinking back, prying Gin off his back so that he could get into the car was probably the hardest thing. Alex had to grab Gin by his neck and peel each finger off of Ciel's shoulders. To make things worse, Gin almost turned wolf when the car began to drive off. His wolf was feeling the impending detachment from Ciel's wolf, and it was particularly hard on Gin because their wolves had bonded together like a real family would.

When Ciel felt himself pass the lines of his tribe territory into the grounds of his new home, he cringed at how unfamiliar it felt. It was within the same territory, but the sights, the smells, the emotions that he felt, it was all completely different. He was a stranger to this place, as the place was to him. Ciel closed his eyes briefly and sucked in a breath. He needed to be strong. He was going to have to call this place home for a long time coming.

The party that welcomed him was impressive to say the least. Ciel could see why they were such a powerful pack, feared and respected. The guards leading up to their territory were vigilant and fast in their wolf form as they followed at a discreet distance behind Ciel's car. A regular wolf may not have picked up on their presence at all. But years of training with his father has honed him into a very sensitive individual. He might not have the physical strength, but Ciel has made up for it with his other senses and abilities. He was an excellent tracker and analyst. In his tribe, he was the youngest, yet the best strategist.

As he entered further into the heart of their pack, the regular pack members seemed to look even more intimidating. Not including the pack warriors, the regular pack members seemed to be built more bulky than anyone else back in his tribe. They were muscular and had very serious looks on their faces. The pack warriors were even more imposing. From what he knew and have seen before, these people were probably all bigger than an average werewolf. He shuddered to think about how big and powerful their wolves were going to be. If they stood together in wolf from in war, just from their stance and built, Ciel was sure they would win half the battle.

Unlike his tribe, these people were all in their human forms except for the wolves that he saw trailing him before. But from the way they carried themselves and from their scents, Ciel could sense that they would be very powerful in their wolf forms and were very connected to their inner wolf. This is a combination to fear. No wonder they were usually unprovoked by rogues or neighbouring packs that want to expand their territory. Ciel finally understood why I was so important for their tribe to maintain good relations with this pack. They would make a powerful ally and a devastating enemy.

As he reached what looked like the pack house, Ciel thanked his driver who informed him that he would not be getting off the car. Ciel understood his nervousness. The people they passed did not seem inviting at all. He nodded, quickly running to the back of the car to unload his trunk and belongings.

"Ciel Smith?" One of the guards stationed right at the foyer asked as he brisked over to help Ciel unload his bags.

Ciel nodded to acknowledge his name, trying his best not to react adversely at the way the guard was blatantly scenting him. They must not have many guests, judging by the way the guard was not holding back as he took in Ciel's unfamiliar scent with a frown on his face. While it was normal for werewolves to go by scent first to acknowledge someone, it was usually done with more finesse and tact. This guard was neither of it.

The guard quickly returned to his post as he got the last of Ciel's bags, watching by the corner of his eye as the car sped away. Ciel bowed slightly and thanked the guard as he gathered all his bags on his back and arms, briefing hesitating as he stared at the large doors he was standing in front of.

Without even allowing Ciel time to gather himself, the guard opened the door for him to enter the foyer and Ciel tensed instantly when he saw the pack Beta and Alpha already in the foyer waiting to receive him. They were standing in a group facing the door, their postures straight and commanding.

He couldn't help his eyes wandering to the magnificent looking chandeliers that were hanging above them. There were two, the one closer to him slightly smaller than the one above them, the lights were lit with orange lights, making the room light up with an inviting warmth. The floors were marble all throughout the room, connecting at the sides to wooden pillars that were neatly, yet extravagantly detailed.

Despite himself, Ciel let his jaw drop at the sight. It was way more modern than what he was used to back in his tribe where they preferred to live in huts within the woods. He briefly rememebered that he noticed the area surrounding the packhouse was rather open, and he would probably have to travel a distance to find a place that closely resembled the woods that he was so comfortable in.

When the Alpha gave him an amused smile, Ciel gulped as he bowed deeply and respectfully, keeping his eyes on the ground until he was given permission to relax and enter the threshold of their pack house. He stared at the marbling on the ground, wondering how much did it cost this pack to own a place like this? How rich were they and how long did they take to become so rich? What had they been doing to become so affluent?

"Ciel Smith." The voice of the Alpha made Ciel bow even deeper, "I'm afraid you just missed your retainer. Mila just left a half an hour ago." The Alpha said as he waved his hands to indicate that Ciel was allowed to relax in his presence. Ciel licked his lips nervously, but nodded in thanks.

Just as Ciel straightened up, two men started towards him and beginto grab his bags off his back and disppearing swiftly down the foyer into a corridor, leaving Ciel in shock as he stared after them, his hands out from having his bags ripped away from him. He had let down his guard unintentionally as he stepped into this pack house, in awe of his surroundings and also because he had trusted that nothing would harm him in the face of the Alpha. Everything seemed to be happening so fast. His mouth hung open still, wondering if he should be running after the two men. But at that moment, his legs were rooted to the ground as he tried his best not to stare at the Alpha, while still maintaining respectable eye contact.

"Come in." The Alpha waved, and Ciel forced his limbs to move as soon as he heard the command. It would be very disrespectful if he didn't pay attention to the Alpha and did as he was told. He winced inwardly, suddenly very self-conscious of his entire being, "I'm sorry about that. The twins are not very talkative. They will bring your bags to your room where the rest of your belongings are. I will arrange for someone to take you to your room after lunch." The Alpha said, reaching his hand out to shake Ciel's, "Alpha Bradley, a pleasure to finally meet you."

Ciel didn't even notice that the two men were twins. He was still trying to adjust to his surroundings. The scents and sights were overwhelming him as much as the Alpha's presence did. Not to mention, it was his first time in a proper pack house and the interior design looked as though it came out of a catalogue. He forced his eyes not to wander to take in the sights; he had a lot of time to do that after this. He must be respectful to the people in his company right now. The men standing around the Alpha were emitting their own powerful aura, and Ciel could sense that they were trying to intimidate him. He steeled himself, reminding himself that he could not appear too weak or he would embarrass his tribe.

"Ciel Smith." He greeted with a bow as he took the Alpha's hand, who tugged him with enough force to send him into the Alpha's bone crushing embrace, "The pleasure is all mine."

"Make yourself at home alright, son? Any family of Mila's, is a family of mine. I'm sorry this is the circumstances in which we meet, but let's make the most of it alright?" He released Ciel, who quickly took in several breaths to recover from the tight hug, "This is my beta, Jason," the Alpha gestured to the man that seemed to be glaring at Ciel, hoping to perhaps burn a hole into Ciel's face, "And my gamma, Fred."

Ciel shook their hands firmly, biting back a wince when the Beta seemed to be determined to crush his hand. The Gamma on the other hand, seemed friendly as he smiled at Ciel, who could only politely smile back. He already knew how some of the pack members would look like from the research that he had done on the pack. The gamma looked bigger than he imagined, but then again, everyone here did. Was it something that they were eating that was making them so big? Their built here seemed to put the tribe warriors' builts to shame.

His submissive inner wolf wanted to quickly get into the good graces of the dominant ones here. It wanted him to show his neck to them so they could get over and done with the formalities. But he held on, knowing that their human side had more complicated rituals and he should not be giving in so quickly, or they might view him as a pushover, making his life here very difficult. He could already sense that the Beta might be more than happy to make his life a living hell. He already knew before coming here that the Beta was one of the others in the pack that did not agree to fulfil the treaty with Ciel's sacrifice. Ciel might need to watch his back around this powerful man.

"The twins that ran off with your bags are Len and Kai. They are the Beta Successors of our pack. You will meet them again with my son at lunch. It might be overwhelming, but you'll get to know everyone in no time." Alpha Bradley said as he pat Ciel's shoulder, "Come, my wife is very excited to finally meet you. She is preparing to serve lunch. You can get to know more of us here, my son, especially."

The Alpha put his hand on the small of Ciel's back, nudging him forward as they made their way to the dining room. Ciel followed quietly, maintaining a bent head to show his submissive side. He didn't want to offend anyone of power here, not yet anyway. Perhaps, not ever.

"I hope you're not too tired to have a late lunch first." Alpha Bradley says as they rounded a corner into the dining space. Ciel could help the gasp that escaped his lips instead of a proper answer to the Alpha. The dining area was beautiful. Spotlights lined the circumference of the ceiling, and a beautiful glass chandelier hung from the centre of the room, similar to the design that he saw in the foyer. The furniture in the room was all made of stained African Black Wood, the scent of nature filling the room even though it still managed to look somewhat modern. The room felt warm and inviting, even more so than the foyer.

Ciel eyed the paintings on the walls, noticing that they depicted the history of how werewolves came about, some rather brutal ones, and some fairly nurturing ones. As his gaze went to the carpet on the floor that was designed with golden threads on the trimmings and dark royal blue being the main colour, Ciel tried to identify the patterns that he saw. He recognised one of them as the pack's signet, joined with other patterns that Ciel could interpret as ancient drawings, closely related to magical rune drawings that have long lost its powers.

The Alpha's voice jerked Ciel's attention back to him, "This is our dining room, mainly for the leaders' assembly or used when we have guests. You will take your meals here with us, since you will be-" The Alpha was interrupted by a loud shriek.

"Is that Ciel?!"

Ciel spun around quickly, bracing himself quickly as a beautiful woman walked towards him with extended arms. He glanced quickly at the Alpha who had his eyes on the woman lovingly, and Ciel took the cue from the way he looked at her. "Luna." Ciel bowed quickly. They must be true mates. Ciel thought as he observe the way the Alpha looked at his wife. How rare.

"Give me hug now, son." The Luna said, pulling Ciel into her arms before he could even straighten up, "Oh, you need some fattening up. Lady Mila has told me all your favourite foods; I will try my best to replicate them for you whenever I can." She said enthusiastically, making Ciel blush.

The word 'son' rang out loudly in Ciel's mind, wondering when was the last time a motherly figure apart from Lady Mila had ever called him that. His mind went to the blurred faces of the human parents that he had been fostered by in the past, then to the unknown faces that were his biological parents that he had never met. He sighed inwardly, thinking of Sam quickly. Sam was all that he needed, "That's alright. I am not picky with my food." Ciel said quickly.

"Exactly as she said you would be." She mused aloud with a smile on her face, "Sweet and thoughtful, not an ounce of rebellion or dominance in you. A rare sight indeed. But! I will not stand for any of it. You are allowed to be demanding and bratty here, Ciel. I insist." The Luna dragged him to one of the seats, pulling out the chair and forcing Ciel to sit down.

Ciel gasped, instantly getting back up on his feet, noticing that the Alpha was still standing. It would be considered disrespectful for him to take his seat before the Alpha, even though he was technically considered a guest of the pack. There was no invitation from the Alpha himself for him to sit before the head of the house.

"Sit down, Ciel. Emma isn't one to give in to others. Not even me." The Alpha chuckled when his Luna shot him a look, "Of course, she does it only out of love."

The Alpha walked to the head of the table, pulling out his chair and settling in comfortably, "Where's Theo? And the twins for that matter." He asked with a brow raised as his Beta and Gamma settled down.

Beta Jason shot a look at Gamma Fred before he shook his head and answered the Alpha, "He is um- preoccupied right now."

The Alpha frowns immediately as the Luna clicked her tongue disapprovingly. He turned to face Ciel with a grim smile on his face, "I apologise about my son. I will send for him again." He gave a strict nod at his Gamma who hurriedly rushed off, probably to retrieve the Alpha's son, "He has no excuse to absent for your welcome. Come, you must eat up. Lady Mila was right; you really are tinier than your peers." His eyes twinkled slightly with a wink as he said the word 'tinier' and Ciel groan, knowing that Lady Mila must have shared that information about his nick name with the Alpha.

Ciel bowed slightly, "Thank you very much for your hospitality."

Luna Emma kissed the side of Ciel's head, making him blush, before she ran off to get her fellow helpers to serve the first course. Ciel was already salivating from the scent of the food. He hardly had anything to eat all morning since he could not find the mood to eat, and he had spent the entire morning placating Gin before he left. The exhaustion from all of the drama and travelling finally hit him and Ciel took several large breaths to calm himself.

The Gamma finally entered the dining room, this time with three teenagers in tow. Ciel recognised the Alpha's son instantly. The scowl on the Alpha Successor's face was obvious as he shot Ciel a disgusted look. Ciel sighed quietly, sensing that it was going to be very difficult for him during his stay here, judging by the way some of these people were reacting to him. More specifically, how the Successor was reacting to him. Ciel couldn't imagine that there will come a day that he would be married to this man or spend the rest of his days with this man until he died. Which, for werewolves, was a rather long time.

"Theo, you are finally here." The Alpha started with a stern tone, "Sit down." He nodded to one of the chairs beside Ciel. Ciel tensed up slightly, sensing the hostility in Theo's posture. He could see that the Successor was not about to give in.

"The twins and I have to be somewhere, dad." Ciel winced at the tone that was used. A very challenging tone that deserved a spanking if his Alpha decided he needed.

Alpha Bradley wasn't taking no for an answer, "Sit down. There is nothing more important than this right now." He picked up the glass of wine by his plate and sipped on it, "Now, Theo." He asserted, turning to shoot a look at the twins, "Len. Do I have to ask you to sit down too?" He raised a brow.

One of the twins, Ciel assumed was named Len, bowed his head respectfully, but made no move towards the table. Ciel could only commend him for his loyalty to his Alpha Successor. If it was up to Ciel, he would have planted his ass on any seat in the room just to placate the Alpha. After all, the Successor was still not Alpha yet.

"Kai?" The Alpha turned to the other twin with an exasperated look.

The Alpha's son snorted as he rolled his eyes, folding his arms defiantly when both twins made no move to follow the Alpha's instructions. The pride was obvious in his face, knowing that his Beta Successors were on his side.

"Reel in that attitude Theo." Luna Emma scolded firmly with a frown, "You father told you to sit down." Her tone was firm, showing her authority as Luna. Ciel could tell that if needed, she would be swift and brutal with her punishments if need be. Her inner wolf was already using its aura to subdue the more submissive wolves in the room and Ciel's head could only bend lower.

Ciel braced himself for an altercation that he could sense coming. He was impressed by the Alpha's son's guts to go against his very powerful father, but also felt as though this boy was completely nuts or stupid to even dare to do so. Why bother when it was going to boil down to him submitting in the end? All that talk, and yet he will still have to yield to the Alpha's authority. Then he remembered that perhaps that was why he was picked to be sitting right there now. His subservient nature. By Goddess, he hated that he was so.

"I am not going to sit here, pretending I'm okay with getting married to a man!" The Alpha's son raised his voice in an instance, glaring daggers at Ciel who promptly look away. Even though he was only a Successor, Ciel could sense that Theo was going to become a very powerful werewolf, he definitely had the Alpha potential. Ciel wasn't about to challenge that by keeping eye contact with him at the height of his anger. Theo was only going to interpret it as a challenge.

With his gaze diverted away from Theo, Ciel finally had a good look at the twins that he encountered earlier in the foyer. They were indeed very identical, but there was something in the way they held themselves that made Ciel notice how different they were. Perhaps it was from his years of training from his father to notice even the slightest oddity, Ciel could sense that Len was the elder brother, the more surefooted one compared to Kai, the more freewheeling one. Judging by the way they held themselves, they were very much loyal to the Alpha Successor and that meant that they were probably going to be making Ciel's life a living hell too.

Ciel noticed that the way Len held himself despite the shouting match happening, made him look very composed and at ease, a mark of a slightly more matured werewolf. While this is by no means how to tell which twin is older, Ciel could tell that he was slightly more dominant than his brother even though Kai seemed more extroverted. Unlike his brother, Kai looked slightly uncomfortable, showing signs that he was slightly more submissive in nature. With twin werewolves, the elder twin would almost always be the one who is more dominant in nature. Even if they were only seconds apart. It was the nature of twin werewolves, a law in nature that had never been off course.

"Theo!" Luna Emma shouted, causing Ciel to wince at her Luna command.

"No! I refuse! I told you that I won't agree to this. It doesn't matter if you brought him here or not. I am not going to change my mind. If you make me live with him, I will make his life a living hell. Then he will leave this place and leave me the hell alone!" Theo yelled before he made a move to turn and walk out of the room.

The Alpha growled in anger, the sound vibrating through the room, making the hairs on Ciel's neck stand. He looked away from the alpha pair in submission. "You have a duty to your pack and the tribe. This treaty is sacred and your feelings on the matter are irrelevant. You need to learn to be responsible if you want to become an Alpha, Theo." The Alpha's voice sounded strained as he tried to keep his temper in check, "Being Alpha is not easy. It comes with sacrifices. You must uphold the treaty. That's the very first step."

The Alpha's son snarled, "That treaty was crafted hundreds of years ago! It was crafted when that tribe still had eligible females for us to marry! Hundreds of years later, they have no more females left because they became so weak! You are asking me to take a man for a wife anyway? No way. Absolutely not. I don't care how sacred and how old this treaty is. Over my dead body."

Ciel swallowed the growl that he was almost about to let out, but the Beta and the twins turned to look at him at the slight sound he made. He tried his best to ignore their looks, concentrating instead on reeling his temper in, trying not to address the fact that the Alpha's son was blatantly insulting their tribe without a care.

The sound of the Alpha's chair dragging on the floor indicated that the Alpha was definitely on his feet. The sound of his footsteps stepping towards his son made Ciel cringe in anticipation. He did not want to witness his new Alpha disciplining his son on his first day here. Why was his life always so dramatic?

The Alpha's voice dropped low as he gritted his teeth, "If you cannot step up to your Alpha duties son, I'm sure Nathaniel can."

Theo scoffed loudly, "Fred's son? You'll find it hard to make him accept a man for a wife too. Then maybe you'd like to try the twins too? You know what, try all the men here in the pack, make them get in a line and see if they are desperate enough to be Alpha that they don't mind taking this thing for a wife."

The sound of a slap echoed through the room, and the silence after became deafening. Ciel squeezed his eyes shut and tried to steady his breath. He had prepared for some sort of resistance from the Alpha's son, after all, he had been told that Theo was very clear on his sexual preferences and had been resistant to the idea from the beginning. But he had not expected that he would lash out so boldly like that. Ciel swallowed the hurt that he felt, reminding himself that Theo did not know him at all. He was simply angry at their situation. Nothing personal. He hoped.

"Insolence! You will not disrespect the sacredness of the treaty. You will not cheapen the position of an Alpha. Most of all, you will not disregard our guest, your future husband, or the tribe that he came from." The Alpha snarled, "If anything, you should be happy that he is willing to take your sorry ass."

Ciel smiled gratefully at the words that were spoken, gratitude filling his chest. He had not expected anyone to be on his side or to even defend him. He expected that many would think that his tribe was taking advantage of an age old treaty to bind them into being their ally. He expected that he would be having a hard time throughout his stay here to prove them that he was more than just the dirt under their feet.

Ciel noticed that the Luna had not even moved from her seat throughout the whole disagreement. He had expected that she would step in to calm her mate down, but she had not. She remained firmly in her seat, looking confident that the Alpha would be able to reel in his temper before killing their son for his disrespect and challenge of his authority. A feat that Ciel never thought a hot blooded Alpha would be able to achieve. Werewolves were unfortunately very passionate and emotional creatures, and they tend to fall into different emotional states very quickly and fervidly, sometimes going out of control. The fact that the Alpha managed to control himself on his own in a short period of time only impressed Ciel further, knowing that the pack was being led by a responsible and rational leader.

"Sit down, Theo." The Alpha instructed one last time, this time he had used his Alpha authority and Ciel could sense that Theo was trying to resist the command, but he would ultimately fail. His face contorted with anger and frustration, but he said nothing and did nothing.

At Theo's silence, Ciel eyed the twin's movement as they made their way to their seats as quietly as they could, both of them sitting on the left of Ciel, leaving the seat on Ciel's right empty, most likely for the Alpha's son. Ciel shivered slightly, wondering if he should ask if he could be excused from the lunch. It was already such a painful affair and they were only on their first course. Even if he was starving, he didn't really want to sit around for more of this.

After several seconds, the Alpha's son made his way to the empty seat very noisily, pulling the chair out in anger and slipping into the seat with a huff. He made a din as he picked up his utensils, shoving his food into his mouth in fury.

Ciel swallowed nervously, staring at his plate, hoping that this would all be over quickly. His hunger was already forgotten with all that just happened. He just wanted to get out of this place and have a good rest before he had to tackle the next two years living with these people.

The rest of the lunch went by in a surprisingly mannerly fashion. The Alpha and the Luna made polite conversation with Ciel to know him better, and Ciel responded with respect and decorum. He held himself with pride and made sure to be a good ambassador of their tribe. He would not allow himself to allow others to perceive their tribe was inferior.

He very much wanted to wrestle the Successor to the ground and beat him into submission if he even could, for all the strange snorts and noises that he was making every time Ciel was asked a question, or when he said anything at all. He was acting like such a child that Ciel was wondering if the Alpha requested for someone younger in hopes to match his maturity level. Ciel knew for a fact that he was very much more mature than Theo, if this was all to Theo that he would ever know.

The Alpha's son had made no effort to engage in conversation, only to respond curtly when being spoken to. The twins were slightly more engaging, but not with Ciel. They spoke to the Beta, whom Ciel later learnt was their father, in very strict and proper sentences. They seemed like a rather uptight family and Ciel didn't know how he was to act with them, except to keep his distance, especially from the Beta.

The lunch concluded painfully slow, and Ciel was finally escorted to his own room to rest up until dinner.

  ∞

Thanks for the read! Tell me how you liked it! I love reading all your reactions!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.3M 80.5K 76
Since River has been old enough to ask, his father has brain-washed into believing that he's unworthy of any sort of love. Especially from his long-a...
2.9K 137 16
**WARNING** ~contains explicit content that may not be acceptable to all viewers. discretion advised~ "No no no no..." My words trailed "NO!!" I scre...
8.6K 328 17
Noel knows nothing but abuse at the hands of his alpha. Having suffered for years, he expects it will be this way until he dies. The only thing keepi...
11K 575 11
Connor has always known that he has a true mate out there and that he is male. Even when nobody believed him, he defended his mate. Even when his fat...