Lexi's Promise

By neverfakeit

The new queen of the underworld is put through her paces when a prophecy foretells a future in which she is r... More

A message from me - your humble author
~1~
~2~
~3~
~4~
~5~
~6~
~7~
~8~
~9~
~10~
~11~
~12~
~13~
~14~
~15~
~16~
~17~
~18~
~19~
~20~
~21~
~22~
~23~
~24~
~25~
~26~
~27~
~28~
~29~
~30~
~31~
~32~
~33~
~34~
~35~
~36~
~37~
~38~
~39~
~40~
~41~
~42~
~43~
~44~
~45~
~46~
~47~
~48~
~49~
~50~
~51~
~52~
~53~
~54~
~55~
~56~
~57~
~58~
~59~
~60~
~61~
~62~
~63~
~64~
~65~
~66~
~67~
~68~
~69~
~70~
~71~
~72~
~73~
~74~
~75~
~76~
~77~
~78~
~79~
~80~
~81~
~82~
~84~
~85~
~86~
~87~
~88~

~83~

53.8K 2.7K 121
By neverfakeit

Hades listened to Lexi's respirations as she slumbered heavily, reassuring him she was made of flesh and blood, and she was his for eternity. Passionate love making will do that, inspire a god to indulge himself in something so completely that he loses his propriety as well as his stamina, although the exhaustion he felt may have been from waking every three hours to tend to a pair of hungry gods.

Hades had no intention of waking Lexi. She needed her sleep before the day got underway. Although Hades had only turned the hourglass once since the underworld had been reunited with Olympus, it was decided Lexi make another attempt at reuniting Rhea's spirit with her body. Zeus was the impetus for that proclamation. While Hades held the same fears Lexi did about the consequences of another failed attempt, there were just as many fears circulating that Rhea's body would not remain in stasis for long.

Hades slipped out of bed and escaped to the bathroom to bathe before the babes woke. During the process, he heard the potent cry of his son, and he expedited his bath, walking into the bedroom in search of his robe. Dressed only in blue satin panties, Lexi smiled at him as she stood over Ely's crib to pick him up.

"If you're trying to entice me back into bed, it's working," she said as she gave Hades' body a seductive one over.

"I could say the same of you." Hades kissed Lexi's cheek before peeking into the crib of his daughter. Elm blinked up at him with lively eyes, and he lifted her to nuzzle the swath of dark hair on her head. She smelled of Lexi.

"The babies seem to have synchronized their schedule for your benefit, my love," he said.

"Or Ely has decided to synchronize everyone's schedule."

Lexi swiped her robe off the back of a chair and Hades helped her tug it over her shoulders while she maneuvered Ely from arm to arm. This had his cries turning to coos as he enjoyed the jostling, but it also appeared to trigger Lexi's breasts, which began to leak. Once Lexi had settled into a chair and both babes were under her arms, Hades walked to the speaking tube, calling down to the nymphs with a request for chamomile tea.

"My nerves are fine," Lexi said, reading Hades' mind. "I gave myself a pep talk during the babies' last feeding."

"I'm glad to hear it. You're still welcome to join me in a cup."

While Hades dressed at his wardrobe, the tea arrived, and Sella stayed to tidy up, awaiting the moment she could assist Lexi.

"I think I'll bring Ely with us to Elysium," Lexi said as she bounced Ely at her shoulder. "He woke up grumpy."

"When does he not wake up grumpy?" Hades offered.

"Sella, would you mind taking care of Elm while Hades and I are out?" Lexi asked as she placed Elm into Sella's waiting arms. "And give her a bath, please. She smells like breast milk."

"I think she smells just fine." Hades buttoned his shirt as he walked to Lexi's chair, and a moment later, Ely was being handed to him with instructions that he choose an appropriate outfit for a jaunt away from the palace.

Ink and Lisbon were waiting at the breakfast table, and Lisbon quickly scooped Ely out of Hades' arms, although he would have been fine eating one-handed. Conversation ensued and breakfast was consumed, after which Ink saddled up Rupert for a trip to the gates, and Hades piloted Lexi's chariot to Elysium.

The journey transpired smoothly, punctuated by the joyful sounds of a contented son. Lexi had placed him face-out in his carrier, which resolved his grumpy mood. When the bridge to Elysium appeared on the horizon, Hades immediately recognized the two broad-shouldered gods at the foot of it. Poseidon and Heracles stood protectively in front of Rhea's bier, and when they glimpsed the chariot, each took hold of the ends and carried it over the bridge to the other side. Had they been apprehensive about delivering Rhea's body to Elysium?

Lexi quickly engaged Heracles in conversation about his last visit to the underworld, which turned out to be longer than Heracles could remember, and he volunteered to locate Rhea's spirit. Very little time passed before he returned in the company of both Rhea's spirit and his own. It was a strange sight to see Heracles standing next to himself, but Hades had seen stranger things. Rhea greeted them with a friendly smile, and Lexi lifted Ely out of his carrier to give Rhea license to lavish him with praise.

"Such a serious face," Rhea said as she beamed at Ely. "Look at those stormy eyes. No doubt he will prove to be as powerful as his parents."

"We have come for a couple of reasons," Lexi said to Rhea. "We wanted you to see one of your new grand babies, and I would like to try reuniting you with your body again, if you're willing to attempt it."

"Of course," Rhea offered absently, as she brushed a wispy kiss across Ely's cheek. "I want to see everyone happy, but I will be happy either way."

Lexi nodded, although there was a touch of apprehension in her face when she handed Ely over to Hades. Rhea allowed herself to be guided to her body, and with everyone poised around the bier like a funeral party, Rhea's spirit floated up and hovered over her corporal form. Although Hades had no doubts about Lexi's abilities, he felt a foreboding about this meeting that he hadn't acknowledged. Not until now, as he watched Rhea's spirit break apart into stringy wisps and escape into the ether.

"Oh, no." Lexi gasped out her cry, and Hades slipped up behind her, supporting her as they all watched Rhea's spirit bounced away from her body, dispersing the wisps of vapor into the air. Hades remained firmly bound to Lexi and his son, swallowing his angst as his mother's spirit struggled to reform. Had they pushed too far? Was this their last goodbye?

"That was an unusual sensation." Rhea's voice sounded faint inside Hades' head when her spirit had finally consolidated again, and she placed her hands to either side of her head. "My thoughts escaped me for a moment, and I cannot say whether they have returned. Where did you say we are?"

Hades glanced at Lexi, who stood immobile with her eyes wide and her mouth slack. "You're in Elysium, Mother," he said.

Rhea appeared taken aback at his statement, spending a few moments staring at his face and then at Ely. "And who is this lovely little thing? What is his name?"

Hades' throat tightened as he felt the blood drain from his skin. What had they done? "This is your grandson, Ely."

Rhea bobbed her head but did not appear to have any recollection of this fact.

Hades turned to Poseidon, who looked like he had been punched in the stomach. "Take her body away."

Poseidon quickly obliged, gesturing Heracles to one end of the bier, and the royal structure was carried back to the chariot. Lexi and Hades stayed with Rhea's spirit, speaking with her about the babies and how she had been a participant in their birth. Rhea did have some memory of that event, and she recalled Lars helping, asking about the wellbeing of the brave minotaur. Lexi also spoke with Heracles' spirit, instructing him to help Rhea recall her memories. He readily agreed, and Lexi appeared somewhat reassured by the time they were heading over the bridge away from Elysium.

"I don't think I can do that again," Lexi said to Hades as they joined Poseidon and Heracles at the chariot. "I feel like we're trying to impose our will over Gaia's."

Poseidon's hand came to rest on Lexi's shoulder. "I, for one, would like to avoid an experience like that again. Why don't we take a quick jaunt to the port to take our minds of this unpleasantness? The progress is astounding."

"Actually, I don't want Lexi to see the progress until it's complete," Hades said as he watched Poseidon slowly remove his hand from Lexi's shoulder. "I have included a few things I would like to save until the unveiling."

Poseidon nodded. "Ah, a surprise. But how will you know whether Lexi will like the surprise? She might reject it and refuse to speak to you even when you call on her and send her flowers."

Lexi's face contorted into an unhappy position. "Has Odessa stopped speaking to you, Poseidon?"

Poseidon's lips tightened but he managed to force the word 'yes' between them.

"She's confused," Lexi said. "She has spent ninety years as a chaste goddess, and you have asked her to marry you after only five months of courtship. I'm sure she's not trying to be cruel, she just doesn't know how to deal with her feelings."

"Has she called on you? Has she told you how she feels?" Poseidon asked.

"No, she hasn't. All I can tell you is to have patience, but don't let her forget about you. Keep sending her reminders of your love. A woman wants to know you are thinking about her even when she is giving you the silent treatment. I know it sounds strange, but I have learned this from experience. If she wanted you to leave her alone, she would tell you."

Poseidon sighed deeply, looking uncharacteristically lost. "Your insight knows no bounds, my lady. I will take your advice and have a thoughtful gift sent to Odessa's home as soon as I return to Olympus." Poseidon reached for Hades' hand and shook it vigorously. "I haven't had an opportunity to tell you, Hades, but I am glad we are neighbors again. I hope you will consider hosting the next Olympic events. You have plenty of space to build a stadium."

When Poseidon and Heracles finally took their leave, Hades turned to Lexi, shaking his head in mock frustration. "He is making it harder for me to want to break his neck." 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.5M 69.4K 82
Two lovers, one heart... - Completed - Story cover made by @musuxo ♡
28.5M 819K 67
A lovestruck demigoddess, unaware of her royal status, makes a shocking discovery on her eighteenth birthday and attempts to flee to the underworld w...
612K 31.1K 32
1ST BOOK OF BRIDE SERIES✨✨ Don't do this, leave my parents, don't ruin my life, I will die. She was begging infront of him joining her both hands. Th...
1.5M 101K 194
**Story is gonna be slow paced. Read only if you have patience. 🔥** Isha Sharma married a driver whom she had just met. She was taking a huge risk...