British Guys Aren't Cute

By UnicornFartGlitter

'Fact: British guys are not cute. Never have been; never will be!' Meet Nora. During the day, she's a crazed... More

British Guys Aren't Cute - Chapter One
British Guys Aren't Cute - Chapter Three
British Guys Aren't Cute - Chapter Four
British Guys Aren't Cute - Chapter Five
British Guys Aren't Cute - Chapter Six
British Guys Aren't Cute - Chapter Seven
British Guys Aren't Cute - Chapter Eight
British Guys Aren't Cute - Chapter Nine
British Guys Aren't Cute - Chapter Ten
British Guys Aren't Cute - Chapter Eleven
British Guys Aren't Cute - Chapter Twelve
British Guys Aren't Cute - Chapter Thirteen
British Guys Aren't Cute - Chapter Fourteen
British Guys Aren't Cute - Chapter Fifteen
British Guys Aren't Cute - Chapter Sixteen
British Guys Aren't Cute - Chapter Seventeen
British Guys Aren't Cute - Chapter Eighteen
British Guys Aren't Cute - Chapter Nineteen
British Guys Aren't Cute - Chapter Twenty
British Guys Aren't Cute - Chapter Twenty-One
British Guys Aren't Cute - Chapter Twenty-Two
British Guys Aren't Cute - Chapter Twenty-Three
British Guys Aren't Cute - Chapter Twenty-Four
British Guys Aren't Cute - Chapter Twenty-Five
British Guys Aren't Cute - Chapter Twenty-Six
British Guys Aren't Cute - Chapter Twenty-Seven
British Guys Aren't Cute - Chapter Twenty-Eight
British Guys Aren't Cute - Chapter Twenty-Nine
British Guys Aren't Cute - Chapter Thirty
British Guys Aren't Cute - Chapter Thirty-One
British Guys Aren't Cute - Chapter Thirty-Two
British Guys Aren't Cute - Chapter Thirty-Three
British Guys Aren't Cute - Chapter Thirty-Four
British Guys Aren't Cute - Chapter Thirty-Five
British Guys Aren't Cute - Chapter Thirty-Six
British Guys Aren't Cute - Chapter Thirty-Seven
British Guys Aren't Cute - Epilogue

British Guys Aren't Cute - Chapter Two

75.5K 2.1K 319
By UnicornFartGlitter

'The place was so British, I wouldn't have been surprised if the mice wore monocles,'

Bob Hope, 'I owe Russia $1200' 

Chapter Two

Post 257

 I once read a post which was a list of seven reasons to date a British boys. The reasons were having somebody call you love; they dress better than American boys; they're cuter than American boys; and the repeated use of 'his accent' to make up the seven things. All of these things are not reasons to date a British guy; they are reasons to run away!

"Nor, you know you wouldn't have to write this bloody blog if you weren't so damn picky?" Skye questioned from where she was lying on Nora's bed, watching her type like some kind of crazy stalker. 

"At least I have standards! Unlike some people!" Nora smirked, turning away from her laptop screen.

"That's mean! I'm hurt!" Skye said, clutching her chest. 

"It's true!" Nora added.

"SO? I'm calling fairy gay mother on you!" Skye replied, pulling her phone from her pocket and dialing Sean's number. "You're just upset cause you know if he was straight — he would pick me!" She added, before sticking her tongue out at Nora. 

"Please! He prefers brunettes and you know it, Blondie!" Nora replied, but Skye didn't reply, Sean had picked up and Skye was shouting down the phone.

"SEAN! Brunettes or blondes?" Skye yelled down the phone. "It doesn't matter why! Just answer the damn question!"

Nora turned back around, and began to read over her post, looking for mistakes when suddenly, her eye caught the tiny digital clock in the corner of the screen. 

"Fuck- I'm late!" She shouted, jumping up from her desk and running over to the nearest pair of shoes she could grab.

"Ha! He said he liked blondes! Told ya!" Skye shouted at Nora. "Where you going?" Nora picked up a discarded coat, which was lying on the floor.

"School, I'm late again!" She quickly replied before grabbing her bag.

"Oh right, see ya!" Skye replied. Nora didn't reply and instead ran out of her flat, and on to the street. 

Nora knew there was a reason why she shouldn't wear this jacket, she just couldn't figure out what it was. Skye had borrowed it, and well that alone should have meant that Nora wouldn't touch it with a 35ft pole; but she had been in a rush and had picked up the first jacket that came to hand.  

The cold spring air blew, forcing Nora's chocolate brown hair to dance around wildly in the wind, and making her wish that she had grabbed a scarf before she left. She zipped up her jacket and shoved her hands into the pockets before walking quickly up the street. 

She was studying English, and due to the fact that her professor was an old bat — she could not afford to miss one lesson. Once your late; you can't come in. And that meant that Nora couldn't afford to miss one lesson. 

Nora began to jog up the street, the fear of being late quickly taking over her. Her jog soon turned into a full sprint as the university came into view. She ran round a corner and right into a guy, before falling onto her ass.

"SHIT!" The guy swore, as Nora tumbled — for the second time in 24 hours — on to her ass. Hot coffee flew everywhere burning both Nora's and the guy's skin.

"Oh my god, sorry!" Nora cried as she looked up at the guy, desperately crying to scramble to her feet. The guy was wearing a pair of black ray-bans, blacking out his eyes. His hair was a light shade of brown and his face was full of anger. 

"You spilt my coffee!" the guy shouted angrily. 

"Sorry! I didn't see you there! I was running round the corner! I'm gonna be lat-" Nora said, trying to apologize.

"I had to wait 20 minutes in line for that coffee! Now I'm gonna have to wait 20 minutes more and I've already got a headache!" The guy growled, putting his hand on his head and massaging it a bit. 

"Well, I'm sorry but I need to go! I'm gonna be late for my class!" Nora apologized, trying to step forward, but the guy blocked her way. 

"No! No! No! You're waiting in line for my coffee with me!" The guy shouted. Nora pulled out her mobile, she had five minutes till class and if she ran she could make in three. Nora let out a groan.

"Okay... just, just wait here," She quickly babbled before marching into the coffee shop. 

She stormed into the coffee shop, the warm familiar smell hitting her like a train. She looked at the long line of people waiting to get their coffee. She walked right up to the waitress who was taking the orders. 

"Excuse me — there's a line!" The waitress said, pointing to the long time of now very angry people.

"Yes, yes I know. Sorry, but see out there, on the street," She said pointing to the guy she had run into, the very angry expression still clear on his face. 

"Yes, but I don't see how that matters the-" The waitress replied, before being cut off by Nora. 

"He's my brother, and he just got out of prison. He's just found out that somebody else is framing him for a murder and that he's now wanted by Scotland yard. He's very angry and I'm afraid that if I take him in here to wait twenty minutes for a coffee, that he might blow a fuse and start attacking people. It would be really if you could just give me two coffees — like right now," Nora replied, turning on the crocodile tears. 

"Miss, I'm sorr-" the waitress stuttered, unsure of what to do. 

"I'm just so scared... he's all I have left!" Nora cried, a single tear running down her cheek. 

"It's okay miss, you can have my place," a new voice said softly, and Nora turned to see a little old granny, with candy-floss hair and a sad smile on her face stepping out of line.

"T-thank you," Nora replied with a shaky smile. She felt really bad now, but she had to get to university. 

Thirty-seconds later and Nora paid for the coffees. She thanks the old woman and the waitress and exited to coffee shop.

"How the hell did you get those so damn quickly?" He questioned, a bit surprised to Nora. 

"Little bit of fake tears did the trick, sunshine!" She smiled, "That, and I told that you were an escaped convict," 

"What?" he said, his expression turning dark once again. 

"Well, I've got to run! Tally-ho old chap!" Nora smiled before running off. 

"Wait!" The guy shouted, "What's your name?" 

"Nora Flynn!" She replied, not bothering to ask for his. He shouted again, but Nora just ignored him. She had three and a half minutes to get to class.

Nora burst into the classroom, with only seconds to spare. Suddenly it hit her. The classroom was empty, and it was a Sunday. She did not have a class today.

"Miss Flynn? May I ask why you are 24 hours early for your class?" Her teacher asked while sitting at her desk, looking expectantly at Nora. 

"Em... sorry, I thought that I had a class today, em... sorry about that," Nora stuttered while feeling like a fool. She slowly back out the class before turning round to open the door and do the walk of shame all the way home. 

"Miss Flynn!" Her teacher said, her voice harsh. Nora turned back around to see what she going to say. "It doesn't matter that you have come to class on the wrong day, but you jacket is highly inappropriate and I do not wish to see it again in my classroom," 

"Pardon?" Nora asked, very confused to what her teacher was talking about. 

"The back of your jacket, Miss Flynn," Her teacher clarified. Almost immediately, Nora took of the jacket and held it up so she could see it.

"That bi-" Nora swore, but her teacher cut her off with a stern look. On her jacket were the words 'I'm sexy and I know it' were written on her jacket in glitter. Nora simply apologized to the teacher before walking out of the classroom; starting the cold walk home while binning her jacket so she wouldn't wear it again. 

Milo watched the Nora run off towards the university. He took a sip of the hot liquid before realising that there was no sugar in it. Milo walked back into the coffee shop, and walked to the place where the sugar was. Everyone inside the coffee shop held their breathes. Every set of eyes in the coffee shop was placed on him. Milo just ignored it. You would have thought that the crown prince of the United Kingdom would be used to being watched, but he wasn't. Probably never would be used to it; but he had plenty practice trying to ignore the feeling. 

Milo turned around, and all the eyes immediately flew off of him and on to something else. hr simply stirred his coffee before exiting the coffee shop and walking down the street, away from the university and away from Nora. 

Nora stayed on his mind for the rest of the day.

Who was she?

Why didn't she recognize him?

And, if she did, why didn't she go all crazy and start dragging him into dark alley ways like every other female before her had done? 

A black car with blacked out windows pulled up beside Milo, and the driver jumped out. Milo let out a groan as he realised his hour of freedom was up. 

"Sir, I thought I had lost you!" The driver babbled as he walked over to the door for the back seats. "Please sir, if you may," The driver said, practically begging for Milo to get in the car with his eyes

"Thanks Jeeves," Milo groaned as he climbed into the car. 

"Thank you Prince Marcus, and if you may, my name is not Jeeves - it's Paul," The driver thanked, while correcting him. The driver closed his door before walking back round to the drivers seat.

"Whatever, just drive Jeeves," Milo said, not paying attention. Milo stared out the window, partly looking for the girl with the jacket that read 'I'm sexy and I know it,' and partly looking for an escape from his life.

Woo! Chapter Two! :D Yes, I'm suppose to be revising stuff for my English exam tomorrow but who cares?? Not meeee!  The picture on the side is of Nora :D And the song was just the song I was listening to while writing this chapter :) Actually in love with the quote at the top! monocles is such a funny word! :D 

Anyhoo this is dedicated to -xebex- cause she read it drunk last night! And it was her birthday yesterday too! :D

Follow me on instagram? @megjoneswrites

Pretty please comment and vote! Fan if you want! :D Bye! :D 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

838 20 12
It's 2017, yet another 27 years passed again. That means IT is back, more hungry than ever. (Y/n), an 18 year old girl just graduated from college, g...
38.4K 2.8K 62
Marrying a straight person isn't good at all. But falling in love with a straight person is it wrong? Having crush on him for several years is it a c...
1.1M 14.6K 37
Living in a world where the dance team is her kingdom, fashion her passion, and judo her secret pastime, Jade Wright's life is as close to perfect as...
196K 7.6K 35
"Why do you care?" I whispered out. "I worry about you and I have no clue why," he explained honestly which did make my heart sink a little. -_-_-_...