Black Rose

By -starsailor

"she was a rose in the hands of those who had no intention of keeping her." - Rupi Kaur. Started: August 6, 2... More

Prelude.
1.
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
10.
11.
12.
13.
14.
15.
16.
17.
18.
19.
20.
21.
22.
23.
24.
25.
26.
27.
28.
29.
30.
31.
32.
33.
34.
35.
36.
37.
39.
40.
41.
42.
43.
44.
45.
46.
47.
48.
49.
50.
51.
52.
53.
54.
55.
Postlude.
New Book.

38.

5.8K 409 302
By -starsailor

Majesty A. Turner

Loud beeps were echoing, causing the beeps to appear in my dream also. It wasn't until Keiara snatched the blankets back that I knew the beeps were real. She looked down at me with an annoyed look on her face since my alarm clock has woken her up for the fourth time this week.

Without saying a word, I sat up and she left the room. Today marks the first day of March. It's almost spring. Today also marks an exact month of Alexander being in jail without having his court hearing yet. The law is so deranged. I can't testify against him because we're married..

We won't be married for long.

As I entered the bathroom I pushed the thought of him out of my mind. I need to better myself and he shouldn't be in my head at all. He's a sick man, a very sick man. If he doesn't go to prison I hope they at least send him to an asylum or rehab. Just somewhere to keep him away from me!

Getting ready for school didn't take long at all. I threw on a pair of jeans with a plain white shirt and red baseball cap. Today is a no makeup kind of day for me. Just a clean, natural face.

It felt as if I haven't been to school in eternity. Because honestly, I haven't. I avoided going outside of Keiara's apartment at all costs. The only time I would leave was to go see Shannon at the New York Daily News headquarters. I haven't even left to see Javier, who I have been ignoring. I've been ignoring everyone. I can't get him involved in my corrupted life, although he would make a nice friend.

As I entered Ms. Bennet's class, all eyes were on me. Not only was I showing up to class for the first time in forever, I was also late by ten minutes. Whispers and rude remarks floated around the air, evaporating near my ear.

I thought she was dead.
The junkie finally decided to join us.
She's probably high as shit.
Gonna end up like Kurt Cobain.
She still fine though.
You think she'd let me hit it if I gave her some drugs?

I didn't even realize I was crying until someone laughed and pointed it out. I didn't even bother to sit down in my usual seat, I sat in the back where no one was located at. Coming here was a mistake. I should've simply stayed in my bed. Who cares that my grade has dropped to a D? I don't. I rather hide away than to hear everyone talk about me. No one knows the truth.

"I'm happy you could join us today." Ms. Bennet sent me a radiant smile.

She may haven't meant any harm by her comment, but everyone in the class seemed to laugh.

Folding my arms on top of one another, I rested them on the desk before burying my head into my arms. Although I tried to sleep, I couldn't. After twenty minutes of trying I gave up and just placed my face in my hands. I was annoyed with the few guys who constantly turned around then looked at their friends before laughing. How old are they? Twenty one and twenty two.

I finally decided to sit up straight and take notes in hopes that the four guys would stop making fun of me.

However, that didn't work.

"Majesty." Ms. Bennet called after me as I rushed out of the door.

She didn't leave her classroom because it was full of immature students who would definitely spread rumors about this. I already knew what the rumors would consist of: "the druggy ran out of the room in the middle of class to go do drugs" "I bet she's going to her plug" and other things along those lines.

I dropped my bag and books on the ground, causing all of my papers to fly across the bathroom floor. I didn't care at this moment though.

Pushing a stall door open, I dropped to my knees and hunched over the toilet. I threw up the bagel I had this morning along with the apple juice I had on the side. I felt my throat hurting more and more each time I coughed. No more puke would come up, but I was coughing like crazy. I was coughing so hard I felt the back of my throat beginning to hurt.

Once my coughing attack was over, I sat still on the filthy bathroom floor. I feel so lifeless..

My life seems to be depressing and meaningless without Alexander in it. Him being gone has made me realize just how much I do love him.

My vision began to become blurry as my eyes stayed glued to my phone screen. I've been rereading the email my lawyer sent me for the past hour and a half now.

Hello Majesty,

I have some news for you. I think you should sit down before reading the information I am about to share with you.

The case has been closed. It will not be reopened, because it's over for good. Mr. Turner did not have his court hearing, he was released from the county jail early yesterday morning. All charges against him have been dropped. The judge said there was not enough proof that he is the one who got the Demerol into your system, and there's no proof of him forcing himself inside of you since you two are married and he doesn't know if you had the drug in you before or after you two had sex.

His lawyer Allen Moore did try to flip the case and put everything against you, saying you faked everything and overdosed to try and blame Mr. Turner. For your sake, Mr. Turner denied that theory.

If you have any questions or concerns don't hesitate to email me.

Have a lovely day Majesty. (:

A scream of distress left my lips as I fought the urge to throw my phone across the bedroom.

Tears fell down my cheeks as I stared out of the big bedroom window. Although it was a day after April fools, it was snowing outside.

I guess New York didn't want to break away from the cold weather and welcome something new.

The rest of the night consisted of me hiding away under the blankets, as usual. At 4:30 a.m. I woke up because I was hungry for some reason. I was far too lazy to get up and eat. I also didn't want to wake Keiara up. I feel bad for eating her food and using her electricity knowing I no longer have a job. My manager eventually pushed my buttons which caused me to quit my job soon after I was back from Thailand.

At 9:30 a.m. I was finally woke... and bored. Unplugging my phone from the charger, I went through all of my notifications. This is something I do every morning when I wake up. Nothing but the same ole texts from people I didn't even know still remembered my name, Instagram notifications and a text... from Alexander.

Furrowing my eyebrows, I now sat with my back against the headboard. Before clicking on the iMessage, I noticed that he called me five times between 5 and 7 in the morning. But why? What else does he have to say to me? He's already ruining my life. If his message is just an apology he can shove it up his ass. His apology won't mean shit! He can't take back everything he has done to me!

"Shut the hell up Majesty." I huffed, becoming annoyed with my own self.

Without thinking twice, I clicked on the message in my notification bar.

Good morning Maj. I know you're sleeping, since you didn't answer any of my calls. At least, I hope you're sleeping and didn't ignore me.. It's going on six in the morning and guess what? I'm thinking bout you. I'm thinking bout you baby. I've had so much time to think about you over the past few months. Being without you isn't the way I wanna live my life. I need you in my life. I know I've done some wack shit, but I'm only human. Can you blame me? I love you. Damn I love you so much girl.. Just let me explain everything, please? Call me.. Text me.. Anything. I wanna see you. I wanna hear your voice. I wanna hold you baby. Please just let me explain to you face to face. -5:53 a.m.

I sniffed and let out a small laugh.

He wants to see me? Face to face..? He wants to explain? Explain what?! Explain why he almost accidentally killed me?! Explain why he killed Ford?! Explain why he got me addicted to drugs?! There's so many things he can explain..

He loves me... Does he?

He's so selfish. I'm so selfless.

Explain? "I love you"... lol that's funny. -9:50 a.m.

I could've typed an entire paragraph if I wanted to. No, scratch that. I could've typed a whole damn essay! He doesn't deserve it though, he wouldn't even read it, he'd probably just send a picture of his dick.

Keiara sat at the dining room table across from me. She continued to blabber on about her day as we ate our dinner. Well, as she ate her dinner. My eyes stared down at my plate as I dragged my fork across it.

For some reason I felt like crying. I used to be such a strong woman, now I'm so fragile..

What happened?

"Did you hear a word I just said?" Keiara asked with a bit of attitude in her voice.

I felt as if I were a ball on the edge of a cliff. One simple touch would push the ball off. That's how I feel right now. Keiara's attitude was that simple touch.

Her face turned from anger to shock then to worry when she saw me burst into tears at the dining room table. She quickly got out of her seat and stood above me. I felt her arms wrap around me from behind as she rested her head on my shoulder.

"Majesty.." A sigh escaped her lips as I continued to sob into my hands. "What's wrong boo?"

I simply shrugged and tried to stop myself from crying, but I couldn't. I thought I couldn't cry anymore since I've cried so much in the past two and a half months, but I guess I was wrong.

"Ma-"

"Leave me alone!" I screamed through my tears as I pushed her off of me.

"Maj, I'm trying to h-"

"Leave me alone!" I cried once again and quickly got out of my chair.

"Calm down." Keiara breathed out. "Did you get your medicine from the clinic? You really should be taking those."

More tears streamed down my face at the thought of me needing to take pills. "So you're calling me crazy now?" I laughed, wiping the tears from my face.

"No, Majesty I would never!"

I threw the closest item to me at her, which happened to be my empty glass cup. "You just fucking did!"

Keiara screamed and moved out of the way as the glass shattered close to her bare feet. The sound of the glass breaking made me fall to me knees and sob harder.

I feel so empty. I feel so broken. I feel so gone.

Keiara dropped to her knees and pulled me into her chest. Her fingers slowly stroked my straight hair as she tried to hush me. She has no idea what I'm crying over, but she's still trying to comfort me.

She rocked us back and forth as I clutched onto her shirt tightly. My chest rose and fell quickly as I breathed hard. It has nothing to do with my heart problem since I already got my surgery. That's one good thing Alex has done for me..

Once my breathing was under control, my tears were starting to stop. Slowly, but surely.

"I-I am crazy." I murmured lowly as a tear rolled down my cheek.

"Shh, you're not crazy." Keiara whispered.

"He... he texted me."

Keiara slowly pushed my face away from her chest and held my face between her hands. She held a confused face as she tried to read me. "For fuckin' what? What the hell did his sorry ass say?"

I recited the text message to her without stuttering or stammering over one word. I read the message so many times, I now have it memorized in my heart.

"I-I don't know what to do Kei." I explained. "I love him. This sounds delusional but I love him so fucking much. No one understands.."

"Maybe you're just in love?"

I quickly shook my head and pulled away from her grasp. "No, I love him. I'm in love with him and I love him."

Keiara pursed her lips and nodded. "What're you going to do then?"

Shrugging, I looked everywhere but at her. But I know what I'm going to do. Just an hour ago I told Alex what I was going to do.

"I told him yes."

"Yes?" Keiara cocked her head back.

I nod. "Yes."

"Majesty I think that's a bad idea.."

"Well, he is my husband."

"He's your husband by law, not heart." Keiara sighed.

Rolling my eyes, I slowly stood up. Rather she likes it or not, he is my husband and we do need to talk. Talking doesn't necessarily mean getting back with him, but no one can deny the fact that we need to talk about the things that have taken place this year.

• • •

What do y'all think is gonna happen when they finally see each other again?

Alsoooo, what do you think is going to happen in this book? Lol I'm just curious to see what's going through you guys heads.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

41.1K 2K 45
****WARNING: THIS STORY INCLUDES MATURE CONTENT****
16.8M 649K 64
Bitmiş nefesi, biraz kırılgan sesi, Mavilikleri buz tutmuş, Elleri nasırlı, Gözleri gözlerime kenetli; "İyi ki girdin hayatıma." Diyor. Ellerim eller...
47.3K 1.1K 24
Chacidity is different from most girls from the hood. She ain't as naive and she is school smart. Chacidity meets up with True a well known DrugKing...
3.7M 129K 68
I was a boy when I met her and loving her taught me how to be a man. ** This book features MATURE THEMES including violence, strong language, sexual...