Only One •| Elijah Mikaelson...

By paigetcute

Roxanne Gilbert is the older sister of the famous doppelganger Elena and young Jeremy. She left town just bef... More

Chapter 1 Home Sweet Hell
Chapter 2- Gilbert Reunion
Chapter 3- Family Conversations
Chapter 4- Temper Temper
Chapter 5- Information and Introductions
Chapter 6- Hell Hath No Fury
Chapter 7- Eavesdropping Can Save Lives
Chapter 8- Unstable and Over Emotional
Chapter 9- Never Cock Block You Older Sister
Chapter 10- Calm before the storm
Chapter 11- Truths and Explosions
Chapter 12- Clean-Up Is A Bitch
Chapter 13- An Unlikely Friend
Chapter 14- Competitive Edge
Chapter 16- The Past Comes Back To Bite
Chapter 17- End of The Line
Chapter 18- Memories: The Missing Puzzle Pieces
Chapter 19- Little Revelations
Chapter 20 - Anti-Climax
Chapter 21- Fairy-tale Sparks
IMPORTANT MESSAGE!! SORRY
Chapter 22- Unimaginable Pleasure
Chapter 23- She's Not Pulling Her Punches
IMPORTANT UPDATE: I'm alive
Sneak Peak
Chapter 24- Bonding With A Side Of Murder
Questions
Q&A
Chapter 25- Winnie The Pooh

Chapter 15- Missing

32.5K 912 187
By paigetcute

Chapter 15- Missing

Disclaimer- bla same as always

Reading your reviews honestly never fail to put a smile on my face, I'm slowly replying to all of them but honestly I get so easily distracted, so it's gonna take more time than normal- but anyways enjoy.

In the dead of night, the sound of glass shattering echoed through the Gilbert house followed by rushed footsteps only seconds later and a manly yell of panic. "Roxy!?"

The youngest Gilbert woke up with a start, sweat glistened on his skin as he sat up breathing heavily to the point that it he was panting like a dehydrated man in the desert. Something was wrong, he could feel it in his bones and that's how Jeremy found himself rushing off of his bed and out of his room to practically sprint to the one room in the house he knew in his gut was the cause of his sudden distress. He pushed the door open with a mighty thump as hit rebounded off of the wall but he didn't care as his eyes frantically ran over everything in the room desperately searching for the one thing that could put his mind at ease...but it wasn't there.

"Roxy!?...Rox!" Jeremy stumbled around the large bedroom looking in every nook and cranny for his older sister, the panic raising with every second "Roxanne!"

When the youngest Gilbert noticed the shattered glass on the floor and his sisters phone on the bed side table he quickly made his way over and that was when the doppelganger decided to make her appearance.

Any signs of tiredness and sleep completely disappeared when she noticed the obvious distress and fear on his expression "Jeremy, what's wrong?" she asked, concern playing on her features as she stood in front of the troubled boy.

He looked up at his sister as if he was just noticing she was in the room, tears glistening in his eyes "She's gone" He mumbled and continued to mumble under his breath almost hysterically.

It took a while for Jeremy's words to make sense but then Elena looked around and realised who's room they were currently standing in, Roxanne's. soon worry too consumed her and the doppelganger didn't think twice before quickly getting her phone and ringing the Salvatore brothers about the predicament, who then hurriedly rushed over to the Gilbert house as quickly as they could.

Damon, as usual, strolled through the front door full of arrogance and slight hidden concern as he laid eyes on the doppelganger however, that didn't stop him from speaking with his usual tone of snark and carelessness.

"So the unstable Gilbert's done another runner huh?" He asked rhetorically "Well can't say I'm surprised" he added under his breath only for his brother to shoot him a warning look

Jeremy shot a dark glare at the oldest Salvatore, his fist clenched, just aching to do some damage to the vampire.

"Roxy didn't just leave, someone's got her, right Elena?" He spoke with absolute conviction and certainty however clearly his straight haired sister didn't share his beliefs "Elena?" Jeremy turned with furrowed brows when the girl didn't reply

Elena hesitated and slowly walked towards her younger brother like he was an injured wild animal "It's not that easy, Jere" she cooed, reaching her hand out to rest on his shoulder "Things might not be as they seem"

"What the hell are you saying, Elena?" he rounded fully on the doppelganger with a full glare however, before she could speak up Jeremy once again spoke loud enough that it could be considered yelling "No! Ok No, she wouldn't just leave"

"Well she did three years ago didn't she, baby Gilbert" The raven haired man in the room couldn't help but add his two pence.

"Shut the hell up! You don't know anything" he yelled, shaking with rage

"Jere..." Elena tried to sooth him but he wasn't having any of it and lashed out

"No, Elena. She wouldn't leave without saying goodbye"

"She didn't say goodbye last time, Jeremy" she spoke softly, looking slightly guilty at she didn't take her brother's side.

"So what are you saying? You believe those two? That Roxy's just left town again?" Jeremy bellowed, looking confused, stunned and downright furious at his sister

A sister who didn't reply to his accusations and only looked down to avoid his gaze

"Something's wrong, I know it..."

"What are you, psychic all of a sudden, baby Gilbert?"

The stunned vampire clearly the older Salvatore didn't expect the boy to storm up to him and practically throw him against the wall as he snarled, practically foaming at the mouth. "Shut the fuck up!"

"Jeremy" the female voice cried out in shock and outrage at the action

"Damon stop" Stefan spoke up for the first time since he and his brother arrived at the house whilst pulling the Gilbert boy away from his brother who shook himself free of any shock and lightly dusted down his leather jacket

"What? The truth is he is deluding himself into thinking so highly of a sister that's most likely skipped town..." a glare from the girl he was in love with slowly brought his comment to an end

Jeremy took a shaky breath before forcing his way out of Stefan's restraining arms and spoke with a dead tone as he looked at the three other people in the room with eyes filled with sorrow and rage with more than a hint of disgust "I'm going to find my sister and you three can rot in hell for all I care"

"Jere-" Elena once again tried to reach out to grab her brother but he yanked his arm away as though her touch burnt.

"Don't touch me! You're once again choosing those two and I'm sick of it...stay away from me Elena"

With those parting words Jeremy stormed out of the Gilbert house leaving behind a heartbroken Elena and two disbelieving, slightly angry Salvatore brothers.

Striding down the now pitch black street, Jeremy seethed silently cursing Elena to the depths of hell. His worry for Roxanne only climbed higher and higher with every step he took, he felt like a giant cloud of fear and panic was looming over him and pressing down harder and more urgently than a second ago; like it was there to warn him and remind him that his rock was gone and mostly in pain. With a sudden burst of fresh rage, Jeremy let out a yell and quickly lashed out, punching the closest object, with all his strength, which happened to be a solid tree.

He didn't feel the pain, only white hot rage at the thought of Roxanne being hurt. Instead the only boy in the Gilbert family staring down at his now bloody hand with a blank expression before putting it down, only to brush against something hard in his grey jogging bottoms pocket. That's when he remembered that he had Roxanne's phone and an idea popped into his head, one that hadn't really formed before he was already punching in her password and searching through her contacts until he found the one he needed and hit call.

~8~

Elijah didn't pay attention to anything as he quickly ended his call with the Gilbert boy and rushed out the front door, he didn't care if his siblings were following or not, all he cared about was reaching the brother of the woman he was quickly becoming infatuated with.

Never in all of his years on this earth, had the noble Mikaelson ever ran as fast as he did to reach the street with the house Roxanne should have been in, even the mighty hybrid was astonished at the speed his brother travelled at.

Time passed in a blur but it still felt too long before the Mikaelson clan saw a silhouette at the end of the street and quickly made their way over to it, already knowing exactly who it was. The manly figure was pacing nervously, mumbling under his breath with worry practically oozing from his essence.

"Jeremy?" the suited Original called out to the silhouette to gain his attention

The youngest Gilbert's pacing came to an abrupt halt as he snapped his head around to face the approaching family, worry and fear prominent on his face "Elijah? Oh thank God" Relief briefly flashed across his features before the darker emotions took over once again "She's gone, something happened to her I know it. She wouldn't just leave again, she would just leave me again; she promised... she promised" His voice trailed off to nothing more than a broken whisper, reminding the first family of vampires just how much of a young boy he truly was.

Elijah felt his harsh features soften at the sight of the brother to the woman he and his family were enraptured with break down in front of them. "We'll find her" He spoke on behalf of his family filled with determination and anger at whoever was responsible for Roxanne's disappearance

"...I can't lose her when I've only just got her back" Jeremy whispered, mostly to himself, trying to keep the tears at bay whilst wrestling with his own mind on what to do next

The hybrid took a step closer, his usual smirk absent from his lips as he spoke "Well, maybe you should pull yourself together and enlighten us on what happened" sure, the snark was still there but it was obvious how serious Klaus was taking the situation

The younger Gilbert shook his head, his eyes glazed over slightly as he thought back "I-I don't know, one minute I'm asleep... and the next I wake up but, but I knew something had happened. So I ran to Rox-Roxy's room...but she w-wasn't there." He took a deep shuddering breath before continuing "There was glass on the floor and her phone was on the side. Then Elena came in" The way he spat out the doppelgangers name caused more than one pair of eyebrows to go up "Next thing I know Damon and Stefan show up... they don't think anything bad happened to Roxy- they just think she's left town again but I know my sister... she never breaks her promises especially not to me but Elena doesn't agree with me, she sided with those two...that's when I left and called you"

When he looked up, Jeremy took in the various different expression each Mikaelson sibling displayed. Rebekah's showed sympathy whereas Finn's was disbelief, Klaus and Kol displayed various different levels of anger and Elijah's revealed absolutely nothing, it was blank, however the same could not be said about his eyes which held rage, pity, astonishment and so many more.

The young boy couldn't stop the flood of relief from filling his body, knowing that they believed him, that they were going to help him get his sister but that's when the tinkling feeling of guilt joined the flood. Once again Jeremy felt ashamed that not too long ago he was willing to help kill this family, all because Elena and the Salvatore's had convinced him that they needed to die, that they were evil and would kill the rest of his family and friends without hesitation... as it turns out the five people standing in front of Jeremy have proven to be more reliable and helpful than his own sister or friends.

"Well, let's go find our girl, shall we?" The youngest male, Kol, spoke up with a deadly grin that promised pain.

~8~

Roxanne woke up with a muffled groan and a thumping headache, her mind fuzzy and confused as to what had happened. Her eyes looked around but everything was too dark and too blurry making the brunette frustrated and cranky as she slowly arouses from her unconscious state.

"What the fuck?" She slurs to herself, still trying to grasp her bearings

"I see that you're finally awake" A female voice called out from the darkness

Roxanne's head snapped up in the direction of the voice as she tried to stand up and face whoever it was however, that's when the oldest Gilbert sibling discovered that she was unable to move her arms or legs, which were bound to the arms and legs of a wooden chair with thick rope and chains. She groaned and let her head roll backwards until she was looking up

"There's no point in trying to escape, you won't be able to" the voice called out again

"Yeah. The restraints were a big clue...thanks for the hint Sherlock"

Roxanne rolled her eyes and huffed in annoyance, any fear she might have felt before completely disappeared and was replaced by her usual sarcasm as well as irritation and anger.

"How about you stop hiding in the dark like coward and so me who exactly just made their way to the top of my hit list"

"Threatening someone whilst you're tied up is not smart"

"Oh sweetheart, I don't make threats...I make promises." She let out a harsh chuckle "And I promise you this... I'm gonna get out of these, and when I do I'm gonna rip your fucking head off!" Roxanne's words started off calm and low however, with every word her volume increased until she was virtually screaming the last words.

"I'm afraid you won't be leaving this room alive" The voice continued, clearly not affected by the Gilbert woman's threat

"Well, if that's the case... why not show me your face?" Roxanne challenged, already fed up of talking to the darkness

There was no response, only silence which seemed more deafening than before, until the sound of high heels click clacking against the hard, uneven ground cut through the quietness. Roxanne furrowed her brow and tensed up in both anticipation and caution; the worst part was that she still couldn't see properly and now she had this unknown threat coming closer to her defenceless form and it was more than a little unnerving. However, suddenly the footsteps stopped and in their place the warm glow of a candle lit up a small fraction of the area allowing Roxanne to glance around and notice that she was in, what seemed like a cave causing the brunette to curse under her breath before she turned back to her abductor.

Roxanne's eyes widened in realisation, shock and disbelief. Mentally she was smacking herself for not figuring who it was earlier.

she groaned, frowning with a scoff and a hint of mocking laugher "Are you kidding me!?"

"Hello, Roxanne"

I got so excited after writing the last chapter that I had to write another...it's mostly just a filler...but guys I had such a brilliant idea on how I want to end this story and that's making me want to hurry up and write more and more chapters! I honestly have big plans for Roxy, not just for the future but also for the next few chapter's- let's just say she's not going to have a nice stay in the cave. But I really, really want to tell you want I plan to do but it's too soon and it's so bloody frustrating! Damn you chapter's that don't exist yet! :D

Oh Thank you to everyone who wished me luck on my poem...It was complete shit but I couldn't stop laughing- hell even now whenever someone mentions it I burst out laughing, it was that bad. :'D

What do you think anyway? So it's a female who's taken our beloved Roxy...I felt so sorry for Jeremy in this chapter and Elena- God what a cow...

Don't forget to drop me a review if you want. Until next time :)

a?2r

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10.2K 265 42
Jessica Gilbert is back....with a little secret. After finding their way back from Beacon Hills, Jessica and her two boyfriends, Damon and Klaus, ar...
58.7K 2K 81
"𝐖𝐞 𝐬𝐡𝐨𝐮𝐥𝐝 𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐛𝐞 𝐚𝐟𝐫𝐚𝐢𝐝 𝐨𝐟 𝐜𝐨𝐧𝐟𝐫𝐨𝐧𝐭𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐬...𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐩𝐥𝐚𝐧𝐞𝐭𝐬 𝐜𝐨𝐥𝐥𝐢𝐝𝐞 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐟𝐫𝐨𝐦 𝐜𝐡𝐚�...
278K 4.5K 47
What if Damon and Stefan had a younger brother?... Meet the brother who has a charm and attitude like his older brother Damon , but the courage of hi...
55K 1.6K 42
"𝐋𝐞𝐭 𝐢𝐭 𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐛𝐞 𝐢𝐦𝐦𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐚𝐥, 𝐬𝐢𝐧𝐜𝐞 𝐢𝐭 𝐢𝐬 𝐚 𝐟𝐥𝐚𝐦𝐞, 𝐛𝐮𝐭 𝐥𝐞𝐭 𝐢𝐭 𝐛𝐞 𝐢𝐧𝐟𝐢𝐧𝐢𝐭𝐞 𝐚𝐬 𝐥𝐨𝐧𝐠 𝐚𝐬 𝐢𝐭 𝐥𝐚�...