Malia&Khari II

By fiftyslays

Set into their adult lives, Khari and Malia's marriage has its twist and turns. Can their love handle the tes... More

One.
Two.
Three
Four
Five.
Six.
Seven.
Eight.
Nine.
Ten
Eleven.
Thirteen
Fourteen.
Fifteen.
Sixteen.
Seventeen.
Eighteen.
Nineteen.
Twenty.
Twenty One.
Twenty Two.
Twenty Three.
Twenty Four.
Twenty Five.
Twenty Six.
Twenty Seven.
Twenty Eight.
Twenty Nine.
Thirty.
Thirty One.
Thirty Two.
Thirty Three.

Twelve.

19K 1.3K 154
By fiftyslays

Malia and Khari are getting so much love from so many people. I'm so grateful for the support, truly. I honestly was never going to write the second book because I didn't have to motivation to do so. I honestly didn't want to complete the first book, but I'm glad I did. Again, I thank you! I hope you enjoy the update 😏✨ — Kourt💕

New Orleans, Louisiana

Malia watched Kamari picked at his food on his plate with a frown on his face. He'd been like this since she got back from New York last night, and Kaleigh said he hadn't talked much. Today, she figured that she would take him and Iman to their favorite place for lunch: Hard Rock Cafe.

Iman seemed to be fine, mainly because he was still young. Malia knew Kamari was aware of Khari's absence. "Kamari." She called.

Reluctantly, he looked up. "What's wrong?" She asked. He shook his head, placing his head back down and continued to pick at his food. He picked up one of his slices of pizza, biting into it and chewed slowly. Malia sighed, glancing over at Iman, who was dancing in his high chair as he ate his fresh fruit. She looked back at Kamari, who had mustered enough strength to finish his food. "You know you can talk me, right?"

He nodded his head almost immediately. "Yes ma'am."

"Ok. Tell me what's wrong."

His eyes landed on hers, and he sighed a little. "Daddy didn't keep his promise." He mumbled, and nibbled on the rest of his pizza. Malia looked to be confused.

"Promise?"

Kamari nodded again. "He said you and him will never break up."

"Oh baby." She said, pulling him into her lap. "Your dad and I haven't broken up, and we won't. We're just having problems just like everyone in marriages do, ok?"

"Well why he's not at home?" He mumbled, playing with his hand.

Malia looked around for a minute, trying to find the right words. She sighed, deciding to be honest with him. "Sometimes a couple needs a little space from each other before they can really get things together. He is coming back. I don't want you to be upset with him, ok?" Kamari nodded his head, feeling a tad bit better. "Just know that we both love you and Iman very much."

He turned around to look at her, with a small grin on his face. "I know mommy. We love you too." He said as he wrapped his arms around her neck, giving her a hug. She returned the gesture, kissing him on the top of his head. She silently prayed that everything would be ok like she hoped, for her children's sake.

Kamari wiggled out of her lap, and went back to reclaim his seat. "Juice!" Iman yelled. Malia picked up his cup, placing the straw into his mouth and he sipped a little while before pulling away. "Ah!" He said dramatically.

"Ah!" Malia mocked him, causing him to giggle.

"Mommy you think daddy will make my game tomorrow?" Kamari asked.

Malia dug into her purse, fishing for her cellular device. "Do you want to call him and see?" She asked once she retrieved it, giving it to him as he nodded his head. She watched as his vein appeared on his temple, signaling that he was concentrating. He looked just like Khari, in more ways than she noticed. His Khari-like haircut made them look like twins.

"Hey daddy!" Kamari greeted excitedly. Malia looked up, praying silently that Khari wouldn't let him down after she just attempted to bring his spirits back up. "We at the Rock.. where you at?...oh.. still think you can make it to my game tomorrow?" He asked with hope stemmed in his voice. "But daddy.." He whined with a frown.

Malia sighed in anger. She understood that the two of them were having issues, and rightfully so. But, she was not here for him slacking on his fatherly duties. He was a great father, and the last thing she wanted was for him to take his anger for her out on the kids. Malia signaled for Kamari to give her the phone, and he did.

"Really, Khari?!" She yelled in a whisper. Although the restaurant had been cleared out for their arrival, she still hated talking loudly just in case.

"What?" He asked, emotionless.

Malia touched the bridge of her nose, and sighed softly. "I understand you're mad at me, but don't take it out on the kids. You've never missed Kamari's games. Why now?"

"I'm still in New York.."

She scrunched up her nose, shrugging her shoulders. "I don't care. You're acting like you can't get home in a matter of hours."

Khari sighed dramatically heavy, irritated with her voice all of a sudden. "I can't make the game, Malia. Damn.."

She eyed Neil to come sit her kids while she walked to the nearest bathroom. Neil motioned for the other security guy to follow her. Once she made it in, she checked all of the stalls before placing the phone back to her ear. "Look, I'd take your anger being lashed out at me. I'm a big girl, I can handle it. However, you're not about to start slacking when it comes to Kamari and Iman. Kamari has been anything, but himself since you walked out. They haven't seen you, in person, since. That's been two weeks ago. The least you can do is come to his basketball game. You don't have to say anything to me if that's what you're wondering. Right now, our kids should be our main priority."

He stayed silent for a minute, and Malia knew he was still on the phone because she could hear him breathing. He sighed into the phone, finally responding "Aight, you right.."

Malia blinked, a little caught off guard at his admittance. "Okay, well it starts at 2." She hung up the phone, not giving him a chance to respond. While he had a right to be mad, she was also upset at him. She still felt dirty from the other morning, and it didn't sit well with her. Khari had hurt her feelings more than she was letting on. She got herself together, and walked out of the bathroom to finish lunch with the boys.

Once they were finished with lunch, Neil escorted them back to the vehicle. Malia secured Iman in his car seat, and Kamari jumped in behind her. Neil closed the door once they were safely inside, and jogged to the passenger seat. Her driver sped off once he was in. "Home, Mrs. Valentine?" He asked while looking at her through the rearview mirror.

Malia thought about it, then looked at Iman and Kamari. "Hm." She started. "No, Callahan, we have the whole day. I think the boys and I want to go shopping."

Kamari immediately groaned causing Malia to chuckle. "Are you sure that they agree, Mrs. Valentine?" Callahan smirked.

Malia smiled, nodding her head. "If they want new shoes and toys, I'm sure they'll agree." The boys instantly agreed causing Malia to smirk. "See, I have my ways."

Callahan chuckled, and so did Neil. They headed in the direction towards The Canal Place.

Many, many hours later, they had finished shopping and had more than twenty bags. With Iman in her arms, she allowed Kamari to walk in first since he carried most of the bags. He didn't allow Neil to do because he wanted to feel like a man. He didn't struggle so she allowed him to do it. "Daddy!" Kamari yelled, almost making Malia stumble.

Neil chuckled from behind her, and she playfully glared at him. Iman wiggled out of her embrace, and his feet moved as fast as it could to go see Khari. She turned to Neil, who was placing the rest of their bags by the door. "How do I look?" She whispered.

Neil chuckled again, sticking his hands into his pants pocket. "Quite the catch, Mrs. Valentine." Malia rolled her eyes playfully, and waved him off. He laughed again before excusing himself. Malia sighed, and walked down the foyer into the living room. She heard giggling which sounded like Iman. Once she entered the room, her theory was confirmed. Khari laid in the middle of the floor, holding Iman up in the air while tickling him. Kamari attempted to get his little brother away from the tickling monster, but ended up getting tickled himself.

Malia leaned on the wall, taking in the view. She folded her arms across her chest, and smiled to herself. Moments like these were priceless so she never wanted to take it for granted. After a while, the three of them got tired and Malia decided then that she would make her presence known. She cleared her throat, gaining the attention of the three.

She wizardly avoided contact with Khari, and placed her attention on Kamari. "Bath time."

Kamar groaned. "But daddy is here! I haven't seen him in soooo long."

Malia began to talk, but Khari spoke up. "I'a be here. Go get in tub like mommy said." Kamari looked at him, and nodded before getting up off of the floor. He rushed down the hall to his room, and Malia walked over to pick up Iman to give him a bath. "I got him." He said, getting up off of the floor as well.

Nodding her head, Malia moved into the kitchen to get dinner started. Her lunch had disgusted hours ago, and she was starving. In the mood for not American food, she decided to make some Locrio. For dessert, she wanted Tres Leches. She danced in the kitchen, excited about this food because it has been a while since she had it. Her mind went back to Khari, shaking her head at how good he looked.

She placed her phone on shuffle, and began preparing dinner. She hummed and sung along to the lyrics to Love & War by Tamar Braxton. As she moved around the kitchen, she didn't notice Khari watching her as he leaned on the wall with his arms folded. He just studied her, and her movements. He couldn't help, but to smile to himself a little. He would be lying to himself if he said she wasn't cute.

She started to sing a heart out, and was never off key. Khari always enjoyed when she sung because it was something that she did for fun. Malia briefly looked up at him as she cut the chicken, continuing her singing. Her eyes moved back to the task at hand. He took a seat on one of the bar stools that was seated at the island, and watched as she continued to cut the chicken into sizable pieces.

He wasn't sure what he could do to make her feel better. He was sure that she was still upset about how he treated her the other morning. At this point, they both had things to work on. They both hurt one another. Khari got up, and walked around the island. Immediately, she moved to get away from his grasp, but his arms got her waist and he pulled her into him. She fought to get away, hitting his chest repeatedly as the tears fell down her cheeks.

"Li—"

"Leave me alone, Khari," She said through her protesting. Her voice didn't match the words, however. It was merely contradictory, because her voice was pleading for him to pull her a little bit closer.

"I'm sorry.." He whispered into her ear, wrapping both arms around her. Eventually, she stopped fighting and leaned into his embrace. The only thing you could hear was her sniffles. Finally, she wrapped her arms around him, and caressed his back as she laid her head on his shoulders.

"Me too.." She whispered back, just before she got a whiff of a perfume that she didn't own. However, she had known that smell very well. It was a smell that lingered on his clothing in college, and some time in their marriage. That fragrance had haunted her for so long, and for it to keep popping it up bothered her.

And she didn't miss how it always latched onto his clothing after they had argued or had a big fallout. It was then she knew that she wasn't the only one who sought comfort from someone else.

👀Malia smell trouble.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

11K 737 22
Stevie's husband gets into an accident, she goes to the hospital to see him and meets his doctor, Dr. Buckingham.
3.3K 132 13
Love bonds that have been broken. Two married couples whose marriage is chaotic ally wrapped up in lies,lust,and love.Which couple would be together...
49.5K 1.2K 16
Carter is in love with her best friend's husband and famous NFL star Mica Lewis. But when Danielle, her friend, suspects her Mica is cheati...
24.2K 703 26
Getting her new dream job and having a great husband is all Sira could ever wish for. She even thought about having babies one day with her husband...