Pen Friends

By aanavats01

Ranked #1 in Letter category (11-May-2018) Ranked #22 on (11-05-2018). Ever wondered in this 21st century whe... More

Chapter 1 - Introduction!!
Chapter 2 - Nial Morgan!!
Chapter 3 - Lone Boy!!
Chapter 4 - Austin Williams!!
Chapter 5 - Pretending Friends!!
Chapter 6 - I've Nothing Special!!
Chapter 7 - Surprise!!
Chapter 8 - Happy Friendship Day!!
Chapter 9 - Secret Admirer
Trapped!!
Chapter 10 - Party!!
Chapter 11- Secrets!!
Chapter 12 - Locker!!
Chapter 13 - Broken Heart!!
Chapter 14 - Face Time!!
Chapter 15 - Kate Perish!!
Chapter 16 - Punishment!!
Chapter 17 - Hangout!!
Chapter 18 - I Hate Rain!!
Chapter 19 - My Sketch!!
Chapter 20 - I'm screwed!!
Chapter 21 - Play!!
Chapter 22 - Joy!!
Chapter 23 - Party Part 1
Chapter 24 - Party Part 2!!
Chapter 25 - Happy Birthday!!
Chapter 27 - On A Mission!!
Chapter 28 - Max, My Boyfriend!!
Chapter 29- Mom's Friend!!
Chapter 30- Hate Austin!!
Chapter 31- Unknown Feelings!!
Chapter 32- Bipolar Austin!!
Chapter 33 - Deal!!
Chapter 34 - Kate Loves Rian!!
Chapter 35 - Big Change!!
Chapter 36 - I'm Special!!
Chapter 37- Rian leaving!!
Chapter 38- Shopping!!
Chapter 39- Austin sucks!!
Chapter 40- Special Guest!!
Chapter 41 - Rian's Ex!!
Chapter 42 - Let Her Go!!
Chapter 43 - Unexpected Guest!!
Chapter 44 - His Confession!!
Chapter 45 - Austin's Fan!!
Chapter 46 - Weak Moment!
Chapter 47- Rian's plan!!
Chapter 48 - Run For Life!!
Chapter 49 - I'm Not Sorry!
Chapter 50 - First Date!
Chapter 51 - Valentine's Day Special!
Chapter 52 - Crazy Austin!!
Chapter 53 - Nana Is Ill!!
Chapter 54 - I Like You!
Chapter 55 - Can It Be Love?
Chapter 56 - I'm Jealous!!
Chapter 57 - Goodbyes!!
Chapter 58 - Stay!
Chapter 59 - Letters!!
Chapter 60 - Promise!!
Chapter 61 - In Love!!
Epilogue!!
BONUS Chapter!!

Chapter 26 - Nial Is Not Mine!!

1.8K 133 30
By aanavats01

Nicole's P.O.V.

"I am sleeping", I said pushing my blanket over my face.

"As if we would let you", Cali said removing the quilt from my face and Jason came with three coffee mugs.

"Guys, it's already three in the morning and I've to attend the college, so let me sleep", I pleaded but these monsters didn't listen to me.

"Don't worry, you can stay awake for a day", Cali said casually and shifted in the bed making space for Jason to sit and I sighed.

After Austin went, I shifted Kian to my bed room and rest three of us are here in the guest room fighting. I need sleep and they need information. Stupid friends I've got.

I filled them up with all the information starting from Rian's confirmation of him being my pen friend to his proposal of dinner and till Austin's asking for lunch. I could've summed up everything in five minutes but they need each and every single detail and of course how can I complete my story without their bickerings in between.

At around five in the morning, we all slept but it's like I've only closed my eyes a minute before that my phone rang. I opened my eyes and picked it up to see it was eight in the morning. When did I slept for three hours? I'm hell tired till now.

The caller Id showed Nial's number. I agree I like him but if I've to choose between him and my sleep, I would prefer my bed and pillow. Groaning, I picked up the call.

"Hello", I said yawning.

"You're still sleeping. I should have known that", Nial said.

"What do you want Nial?", I asked lying again on my back.

"I'm waiting outside of your house. Just get your lazy ass up and come outside", he said.

I hurriedly threw my blanket and looked outside the window, with my phone still attached to my ears. He was standing there looking at my house.

"See, I'll meet you in the college. You go, I'll come soon", I said.

"No, I'm waiting. Take your time", he replied and I rolled my eyes.

"Why are you so stubborn?", I asked and glanced at the sleeping figure of Cali and Jason, lost in their dreamland. How lucky they are!!

"I'm waiting. Be quick, bye", he said and hung up.

I looked at my bed and my pillow, My each and every part of body was tempting to run back to my darling bed and again cover myself with the blanket but my mind and my schedule of today both didn't allow me to do so.

I moved upstairs and get ready a bit quickly because a boy was waiting for me downstairs and he'll be getting a good speech from me today.

I got ready but didn't dressed up nicely. I just wore whatever I got first and tied my hairs and came out. I'm still half asleep so I couldn't care much about how am I looking. I woke up Cali and Jason too and asked Julian to throw them out after ten and make them to come college too.

As soon as I came out, Nial too came out of his car. He passed me a smile but I was upset from him for waking me up.

"Hey", he said but I just opened his car door and took a seat.

"Someone got up from wrong side of bed, huh?", Nial asked taking the driver's seat.

I didn't reply so he again said,"We need to talk and it's important".

I glanced at him and his looks were serious. I guess it's a good time to ask him about Kate and also tell him that I've to go for a lunch with Austin.

"Fine", I said and he started the car. The five minute ride to college passed in silence. Doesn't he said that we need to talk? How are we supposed to talk by keeping our mouth shut?

Once reached I came out of the car along with Nial. He came near me and said, "Coffee with me?".

"We've a class to attend", I replied.

"Oh forget it. We're skipping that", he said and started waking leaving no room for saying no. I know that he belongs to someone else but still I've a soft corner for him in my heart.

We sat on a vacant table with our coffee and when the coffee reached my nerves, it soothes me to top and cheer up my mood.

"So, tell me what do you want to talk about?", I asked.

"I've heard that your Lone boy turns out to be Rian?", He asked.

"Yes, he said so", I replied.

"Do you trust him?", He asked.

"I don't have any point of doubting him too", I reasoned out and he nodded.

"Don't worry Nial, he is a good boy", I said assuring him.

"He should be the one worrying Cole, because if he'll do anything wrong to you then he's going to pay for that", Nial said and I couldn't stop but being flattered because of the care he had for me.

He's trying hard to be my friend, I thought.

"You tell me whose the girl you're in love with?", I asked this time.

His face went pale at first but then he recovered his emotions and said, "There's no one Cole. She loves someone else, I guess I ain't that lucky".

What? But how could it be? Kate and he are dating. Did they broke up? Why are you lying to me Nial, why? My mind was shouting so many questions.

"Nial, I wanted to tell you something", I said.

"Hmm", he hummed. I've decided to confront him that I knew about his and Kate's relationship, I won't hide this truth anymore.

"I kno-", before I could say anything, a loud voice echoed in our ears.

"Just leave me", a girl was shouting and there was a group of boys who were laughing and teasing her. Me and Nial ran towards that place.

"I said leave me", she again said and when we moved closer, I saw it was Ellie.

"Oh, come with us baby, don't be shy", One blonde boy amongst the group said who was holding her hand tightly and rest were laughing. Other students were mute audience only.

Before I could say anything or hit that jerk on his head, Nial pushed that blonde back from his jacket.

He punched him hard on his face and dragged him to the ground and keep hitting his stomach, other boys came to protect him but Nial just pulled out a chair and throw it on the face of second boy making blood coming out of his lips.

He was raging with anger and it scared me to hell. I was rooted at my place, afraid of going near Nial to stop him. I've never seen him this angry and I was not able to muster any strength.

Ellie stopped Nial from beating the boys out to the shit and the boys ran away seeing Nial's this transformation and before I could muster any courage to go near him and console him, he holded Ellie's  hand and pulled her away with him.

Excuse me? What did just happened?

I followed them and he was walking so fast almost dragging Ellie. I was almost running behind them but couldn't caught them.

He walked towards the back side of the college free from crowd and stopped there and hit Ellie towards the wall. I hid myself behind the pillar as I doesn't any person to tell that there is something more personal between them.

He hold her hands from both sides blocking her between him and the wall.

"What the hell are you doing Nial? Don't you dare touch me", Ellie shouted.

"Why are you doing this to me? You very well know that I can't stand any boy near you then why?", He said angrily.

"You know why!! Don't you? Why are you bothered? Why don't you go back with your girlfriend Kate?", She retorted back.

What the heck are they talking about?

"She's not my girlfriend and I can't leave her, you know that, she's equally important to me. But I can't leave you too, I.. I love you", Nial said and I could feel my heart aching as soon as these words left his mouth.

The sight my eyes were witnessing right in front of me was painful for me.The love, the care I always carved from Nial were actually for Ellie. The way he was looking at her, even hatred would fall in love once. My vision was blurred due to tears brimming in my eyes.

"No, I don't love you. I hate you, you cheated on me", Ellie too started crying and hitting him on his chest.

"Please give me one chance to prove myself, please. I'll make everything right", Nial pleaded holding her face and they both were so close to each other that it suffocated me.

I know that he was never mine and he too had cleared it but seeing him so close to someone else, hurts. I can't stop my heart from loving him.

He closed the distance between them and kissed her and I shifted my gaze. With brimming eyes and heavy heart I moved back to the college only when a few steps ahead, I saw Austin standing.

I don't want to cry in front of him so I just increased my speed and tried to walk past him only when he caught my hand from back.

"Leave my hand, let go", I said twisting my hand from his grip without looking at him.

"Don't hurt yourself Nicole, especially for someone who was never yours. Stop running from the truth and face it. You're hurt and you can cry", he said softly loosing grip over my hand but not completely.

I turned towards him, not stopping myself further but didn't found words to speak.

"You want to go home?", He asked and I just nodded in response fearing that I may loose if I'll speak.

"Can I drop you home, if you don't mind?", he again asked and I shook my head in NO.

Before he could say further, Ellie came running towards us wiping her tears and once she saw us, she startled at once but then forced a smile and ran away and following him Nial came. He and Austin glared each other but then he too ran behind Ellie, ignoring me.

"I guess you should talk to Ellie. She needed you more", I said holding my tears.

"I'll talk to her later on. But now I'm dropping you home", he said and holding my hands moved outside the college.

I gave up because I was not in my best mood to fight. My heart is ditching me again and again and enjoying giving pain to me because it just can't stop falling for Nial. Austin dropped me home and came out along with me.

"Thanks", I said and he nodded.

"Take care", he said and opened his car's door but I stopped him.

"Wait, coffee?", I asked.

"You sure?", He asked and I nodded.

"We have a lot to catch-up", I said and he agreed.

✍✍✍✍✍✍✍✍✍✍✍✍✍✍

After ten minutes, Julian came with coffee for me and Austin and I took my time to calm myself. We're sitting in my garden because Austin liked my garden more than my house, so he suggested and I agreed.

The bright sun rays were kissing my cheeks providing warmth in this cold weather and coffee is actually my support system.

"Austin, I want to know everything", I said looking at my coffee mug.

"What everything?", He asked.

"I know that you and Nial were best friends and I want to know what exactly happened that broke you all apart", I said.

He sighed and said, "I don't know why am I telling you all this but may be because you're Rian's close friend, you should know this". I just pass a nod and waited for him to continue.

I hope I could get something better to hear from him..

---------------------------

Hey cupcakes! How's you?

How's the chapter? Do lemme know.

Vote, comments and share.

Follow on Instagram: soul.musical

Keep reading..
Love you all..
Aana.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

801K 26K 43
Everything was tasteless..bland. People in this universe never tasted anything until they found their soulmates. The number of days until they get to...
22.2K 701 18
"Why did this feel so absolutely perfect?! And hey, how come nobody told me I was gay?!" Sean is an artistic guy. He loves to draw, more digitally th...
1.3M 32.5K 55
"Go, I don't want to make you hate me for what I did." he says softly as a tear of drop dipped from his eyes. "What are you talking about?" I approac...
3.1K 100 7
What would you do if your boyfriend broke up with you for someone else? Even worse. She is that girl. Popular, shallow and horribly perfect. The one...