Just A Dream (completed)

By cali1girl

The story of how James and Jenna met and how their relationship began. When James met Jenna at that meet and... More

the night they met
The Day They Meet Again
The Day James Asked For A Date
The Night Of Their First Date
The Day They Became A Couple
The Day Their Secret Got Out
author's note
Chapter 7: The Day Jenna's Life Started Changing
Chapter 8: The Day Jenna Was Popular For A Day
Chapter 9: The Day Of Their One Month Anniversary
Chapter 10: The Night They Had A Big Time Christmas
Chapter 11: The First Day Of A New Year
Chapter 12: The Day Of Their First Valentines Day
Chapter 13: The Day That Their Love Was Approved
Chapter 14: The Night Of The Big Prom Disaster
Chapter 15: The Day After The Disaster
Chapter 17: The Night Of Their Perfect Prom
Chapter 18: The Night Of Jenna's Graduation
Chapter 19: The Day Jenna Moved Into Her Dorm
Chapter 20: The Day James Showed His Broken Heart
Chapter 21: The Night Of Their First Argument
Chapter 22: The Night Before Their First Anniversary
Chapter 23: The Night James Got His Feelings Hurt
Chapter 24: The Day Jenna Took Care Of James
Chapter 25: The Night They Went To A Big Time Party
Chapter 26: The Day Jenna Defended The Guys
Chapter 27: The Day They Left For The Big Time Tour
Chapter 28: The Day The Tour Began
Chapter 29: The Night James Showed His Insecurity
Chapter 30: The Night They Spent In Rio
Chapter 31: The Night They Spent In Vegas
Chapter 32: The Day Jenna Gave In
Chapter 33: The Night They Went Home
Chapter 34: The Night They Threw A Big Time Party
Chapter 35: The Day Of Their Second Anniversary
Chapter 36: The Day Of Both Love and Loneliness
Chapter 37: The Day Of Rumors And Drama
Chapter 38: The Day Of Their Big Time Beach Day
Chapter 39: The Day That Friends Spent Time Together
Chapter 40: The Day James Asked A Special Question
Chapter 41: The Day They Made The Announcement
Chapter 42: A Day Of Planning The Big Time Wedding
Chapter 43: A Day Of Paparazzi And Wedding Plans
Chapter 44: The Day James Got A Surprising Call
Chapter 45: The Day They Found Their Perfect Home
Chapter 46: The night of Jenna's Bachelorette Party
Chapter 47: The Day They Said I Do
Chapter 48: The Night They Celebrated Their Marriage
Chapter 49: The First Day Of Their Honeymoon
author's note
Chapter 50: The Day They Got A Special Surprise
Chapter 51: The Day Their Surprise Was Confirmed
Chapter 52: One Day In Her Third Month
Chapter 53: A Day Of Mood Swings Gone Wild
Chapter 54: The Day Jo Returned To The Palm Woods
WARNING: Very angsty ending (Be prepared!)
Chapter 56: The Day Everything Changed
Chapter 57: A Day Of Grieving
Chapter 58: The Day They All Said Goodbye
Chapter 59: The Day They Returned To Their Hometown
Chapter 60: The Day James Started To Move On
Authors Note

Chapter 16: The Night Of The Pop Tiger Awards

104 1 0
By cali1girl

"You look so handsome." Jenna says, straightening James's tie out. He's wearing jeans, a white T shirt, tie, and a black blazer. He looks gorgeous, so Jenna wanted to look equally amazing. So Kelly got her a purple Max Azria silk evening gown and Gustavo paid for a professional stylist to completely make her over. Now she looks as glamorous as the other celebrities on the red carpet. Well, she wouldn't call herself a celebrity, but she is the girlfriend of James Diamond. Therefore, people will be paying as much attention to her as they will be paying to anyone else. She's got her hair in a curly low bun. Her make up isn't too extreme, just clear lipgloss, light pink blush, black eyeliner and mascara, light purple eyeshadow, and a little bit of silver glitter on the edges of her eyelids.

"Remember who you're talking to." James smirks. "Of course I do."

"Shut up." Jenna laughs, kissing him. James chuckles and wraps his arm around her waist, placing a light kiss on her cheek. They walk to the living room and find the other guys waiting with their girls.

"Kelly just texted me and said that the limo is here." Kendall says, looking at his cell phone.

Jenna takes a deep breath as she follows them out the door. Okay, she and Jo spent a lot of time yesterday discussing red carpet etiquette. Jo told her to smile and showed her a few poses. As for talking to the press, Jo advised her to be super friendly. When they ask who she is wearing, she must remember the name of the designer. So if the reporter asks "Who are you wearing?," she'll say "This is Max Azria." She feels ready for this, yet she's so nervous. A few months ago, her biggest concert was applying for college. Now she's about to walk the red carpet.

"Remember the advice I gave you and you'll be fine." Jo tells her. Jenna nods and clutches James's hand, hoping that she's not sweating. She couldn't stand to embarrass herself like that. The media is barely getting over the prom incident and they would go crazy if she had any "OMG moments" on the red carpet. Prom was bad enough, but embarrassing herself at an awards show would be even worse.

"And Carlos, don't flirt with the reporter." Stephanie warns.

"When have I ever done that?" Carlos asks her.

"When we were at the Teen Choice Awards!" Stephanie responds. "The woman was about twenty four or twenty five years old! She was tall, blonde, and you apparently thought she was pretty hot. I hope the reporters tonight will be old ladies in their forties and fifties, maybe thirties but I don't really know. But seriously, don't flirt with anyone. If you see Selena Gomez, don't flirt with her either. She's dating Justin Bieber and I don't think he'll appreciate if you start hitting on his girl."

"I'm not gonna flirt with anyone." Carlos says, wrapping his arm around her.

"Don't let him talk to Demi Lovato either." Logan mentions, yelping when Carlos punches his arm.

"Guys, no fighting." Camille says, her arm linked with Logan's.

"How could you possibly tell me not to talk to her?" Carlos says in disbelief. "I mean, have you seen that girl lately?"

"CARLOS!" They all say in unison.

"Jenna, remember to stay relaxed." Kelly says. "It's no big deal. You just stay with the guys, smile, and answer questions. If they ask anything you're uncomfortable with, just look at the guys and they'll help you out. Really, do not let yourself get nervous. When people get nervous, that can cause them to make mistakes that they wouldn't make if they were calm."

"Got it." Jenna says calmly, looking out the tinted window. As they get closer to the venue, the noise level increases. The cheers of excited fans and the crowds of paparazzi are getting louder and Jenna has to plug her hears just so the noise doesn't give her a headache. She has never been anywhere this loud before and she hopes that it doesn't damage her hearing. It's gonna be hard to answer questions if she can barely hear them. But like Kelly said, she needs to stay relaxed. If she doesn't, she'll be more likely to screw this up.

"Ready?" Kelly asks them.

"Yeah." They all say. The driver opens the door for them and they step out of the limo. They wave at their fans and Jenna just gives them a friendly smile. She clutches James's hand and begins walking down the red carpet. Wow, she's actually walking on a real red carpet with celebrities, reporters, paparazzi, and fans. This could be fun. She just needs to calm her nerves.

"Wow, this is insane." She says, waving at some fans. While some James fangirls don't seem too thrilled to see her, others seem pretty excited to see the couple together in person.

"Welcome to Hollywood." Jo says as her publicist rushes over to her. She is led over to a reporter and Jenna watches as Jo gives the reporter a friendly smile and starts doing her first interview of the night. In a minute, Jenna's gonna be doing that.

"Guys, I think Hollywood Insider wanted to talk to you." Kelly tells the BTR guys. Jenna keeps a smile on her face, even though she's freaking out on the inside. She finds herself following her boyfriend over to a reporter, who is giving them an eager grin.

"Hey, guys!" The reporter says enthusiastically. "I'm Brittany Landon from Hollywood Insider!"

"Hey, Brittany!" The guys say in unison.

"And you must be the beautiful Jenna!" Brittany says excitedly. "I've really been looking forward to meeting you, just like the rest of Hollywood. Everyone has been super curious about James Diamond's new girl."

"Well, Brittany, I'm really excited to be here." Jenna says. "Nervous but excited."

You know, that wasn't too bad. Was it? Did she sound friendly enough? Jo did tell her to be friendly, even if you're nervous or in a bad mood. Some stars have made the mistake of letting their nerves or bad mood get the best of them. Jenna doesn't want that to happen to her. She didn't stutter, she smiled, so she's pretty sure that she did okay.

"So guys, let's talk about your next album. Everyone loved your first and we're all dying to hear more music from BTR." Brittany tells them.

"We're working on new music and we're hoping to release some time within the next year." Kendall answers.

"Jenna, do you sing?" Brittany asks.

"I can, but it's not something that I plan to do for my career." Jenna smiles.

"I heard that you've already been accepted to UCLA." Brittany says. "Have you decided what you plan on doing?"

"I want to be a school counselor."

"Great." Brittany says before giving her attention back to the guys. James smiles and wraps his arm around Jenna's shoulders, proud of how she's doing so far. For her first interview, she's not doing half bad. Personally, he's pretty impressed. And the more practice she gets, the better she'll become. Hopefully, she'll want to attend more awards shows with him in the future. He's already having a good time with her and they haven't even been here that long.

"What can fans expect from the next album?"

"It's gonna bigger and better than the first." Carlos responds.

"Definitely." Logan agrees.

"Okay, it's time for the most important topic of the night." Brittany says excitedly. "Your relationship status. We all know that James is dating Jenna and Kendall is with Jo Taylor, but what about Carlos and Logan? There have been rumors about you two having girlfriends, but we've never gotten the truth from you guys. We're dying to know."

"We're taken." Logan says. "I've been dating Camille Roberts and Carlos has been seeing Stephanie King. They're great girls."

"Well, there you have it, everyone!" Brittany says to the camera. "Logan Mitchell and Carlos Garcia have confirmed that they are taken. Sorry, girls!"

"Last question!" She says. "You're nominited for Favorite New Musical Group, so obviously that's really exciting for you. There are also going to be some awesome performers tonight. Selena Gomez and The Scene, Black Eyed Peas, and Jennifer Mason (The brunette Jennifer) are the entertainers for tonight. Anyone in particular that you're looking forward to seeing?"

"We can't really say." Kendall shrugs. "They're all really talented and we're excited to see all three of them. Of course, it's going to be cool to see Jennifer perform live because she actually lives at the Palm Woods before, so we actually know her personally. But we've never seen her perform live."

"She's got a new single out." Brittany tells them.

Jenna listens intently, surprised to hear that the brunette Jennifer (Or Jennifer Mason, apparently her real name) is actually doing something without the other Jennifers. At the Palm Woods, they're stuck together like glue and it's like they have no sense of individuality. Frankly, it's annoying. They should try to be their own person a little, instead of having to be so much alike.

"We're really proud of her." James says, hoping he doesn't look or sound like he's lying. Jennifer Mason helps the other Jennifers pick on James's girlfriend on a regular basis, so he doesn't know if he wants to be too supportive of her success in Hollywood. She may be talented, but she has a terrible personality most of the time.

"Alright, it was great talking to you guys!" Brittany says. "And it was so great to meet you in person, Jenna!"

"It was great meeting you, too!" Jenna says sweetly.

"You were amazing in that interview!" James says over the screams of the fans. Now they're sitting in their reserved seats and it's even louder inside than it was on the red carpet. Any time he wants to talk to Jenna or the guys, he practically has to yell because they wouldn't hear him if he didn't. It was the same way at the Teen Choice Awards, so he's not surprised. Awards shows are fun, but pretty insane. He's excited to be here, though. He's got Jenna by his side and he couldn't be happier. By the way, he's really proud of how well she did during the interview. And he wants her to know how proud he is.

"Thanks." Jenna says loudly, laughing as James kisses her cheek. The lights dim and colorful spotlights flash across the stage, signaling that the show is about to begin. So they all sit back, relax, and prepare to enjoy the show. Hopefully, they'll win in the one category that they're nominated for. Winning a Pop Tiger Award would be huge for them. The little Pop Tiger trophies are really cool. It's a a golden tiger on a white platform and the guys would really like to have one.

"What if we lose?" Carlos whispers frantically. Logan gives him a confused look, not being able to hear him at all.

"Ladies and gentlemen, please welcome your host, Spanish pop sensation Selana!" The announcer says as smoke starts covering the stage. Soon, Selana steps through the smoke and waves at the audience.

"How's it going, America?"

"She does not pronounce America right." Carlos says loudly.

"She's Spanish, genius!" Logan responds.

"Oh yeah."

"Wow, I am so excited to here, hosting the Pop Tiger Awards!" Selana says cheerfully. "Before we get the awards, I've gotta do my opening monologue, just like Saturday Night Live always does with its hosts! By the way, if any of you can get in touch with them, let them know that if they need a host, I'm very interested." The audience laughs and the Spanish American singer continues speaking. "Yeah, I've never really been asked to host anything before. At least not in America. That's why this is a very touching and emotional time for me. Um, wow, this is awkward. Okay, I need to be alone for a moment, so I'm going to bring up the first presenter of the night. He's the star of the hit movie series, Varsity Vampire, and he's going to present the award for Favorite TV Drama Actress . Ladies and gentlemen, Dak Zevon!"

James claps, then grabs a hold of Jenna's hand once again. He's never heard of this Selana chick and while he thinks she's pretty hot, Jenna is the only girl that he wants to be with. Another fun thing about these Hollywood events is that there are a lot of really cute and hot girls, but it's no big deal for a guy that is in a serious relationship, like James or his bandmates. Well, Carlos looks like he just saw the world's largest corndog and Stephanie looks kind of peeved off, but it's not like Carlos is going to chase after Selana or anything. He may be a little girl crazy, but he's still very loyal to his girlfriend.

"Wow, isn't that accent adorable?" Dak asks the audience, pausing so they can shout in agreement. "Yeah, I thought so. But that's not what I want to talk to you about. I'm here to announce the nominees for Favorite TV Actress. Here they are!"

"The nominees for Favorite TV Drama Actress are..." The announcer says in a booming voice. "Lucy Hale in Pretty Little Liars, Jo Taylor in New Town High, Nina Dobrev in Vampire Diaries, and Shailene Woodley in The Secret Life Of The American Teenager!"

As each nominee is announced a clip from each TV show plays.

"And the winner is...Jo Taylor!"

Jo's friends, along with the rest of the audience, applaud as she walks to the stage. She accepts the award and gives Dak a hug before stepping in front of the microphone to make a short speech.

"Wow, this is amazing!" She exclaims. "All of us at New Town High are so grateful to have amazing fans like you supporting us. I just want to thank you guys for nominating me and helping me win this award. Then I have to thank my family and friends, and my boyfriend, for being there every step of the way. To the cast and crew of New Town High, you are all amazing. I love working with you. Once again, I want to thank all of my fans. You all are the reason that I am up here right now. You have supported me so much in the past few months and I love you all so much!"

"WE LOVE YOU, JO!" Stephanie and Camille shout.

"Love you, too!" Jo laughs before she walks backstage.

"We all love New Town High, Jo. Let me know if the show needs a guest star." Selana says. "I'm sure either Dak or myself will be happy to do it. Anyway, this show isn't just about the presenters and nominees. We also have some fantastic performers. Right now, I am going to invite a very talented girl to the stage to perform her debut single. You may know her from music videos, film, and TV shows, but now she's breaking into the music business with an amazing new song. Seriously, I heard her rehearsing it backstage and it rocks. Please welcome Jennifer Mason!"

In the middle of the stage, there is a shiny white piano. Jennifer is sitting behind it, wearing a silver mini dress, white blazer, and her brown hair curled and ending at her mid back (She must be wearing extensions.)

"She is so hot." Carlos murmurs.

"Dude, what did I tell you?" Stephanie sighs.

"Just saying." Carlos says, raising his hands in defense.

"Having fun?" James whispers to Jenna.

"Totally." Jenna says, giving him a kiss.

James anxiously clutches Jenna's hand in anticipation, while she rubs the back of his hand with her thumb. She gives him a reassuring smile and kisses his cheek, only making him feel a little less nervous. Miranda Cosgrove is onstage right now, announcing the nominees for Favorite New Musical Group. They're going up against One Direction and Mindless Behavior. James, Kendall, Carlos, and Logan are all freaking out because their nerves are telling them that they're going to go home without that award that they've been wanting to be given.

"You'll always be a winner to me." Jenna says, kissing his shoulder. "I love you."

"I love you, too." James says, kissing her hand. He gulps as fans start chanting the name of their favorite nominees. He hears a lot of people cheering for Big Time Rush, but just as many are cheering for the other nominees. He wishes he could say that Jenna's reassurance is helping him, but it's not. he's still terrified, even though he's staying calm for the cameras.

"And the winner is..." Miranda says, reading the envelope. "Big Time Rush!"

Okay, nerves gone. The guys all high five and hug their girlfriends (Well, James and Jenna actually kiss.) Then they walk to the stage and accept the award from Miranda, hugging the ICarly star.

"Wow, this is awesome. I mean, it's really awesome." Kendall says, looking at his bandmates. "Am I right?"

"You are so right, man." Logan says.

"We've gotta thank the fans for nominating us in the first place. That alone is a huge honor, but to actually win? That's amazing." Kendall continues.

"We also want to thank our family and friends." James adds. "And the beautiful ladies that we brought with us tonight."

"He's talking about Jenna." Carlos whispers, making the audience laugh.

"Anyway, thank you!" Kendall says before they walk backstage. Once they are away from the view of the audience, they burst into excited cheers. They high five, admire their very first Pop Tiger Award, and make as much noise as possible. There's no way that anyone in the audience or onstage could hear them, so they're not causing too much distraction. It's just annoying everyone backstage.

"We won! We won!" Carlos says, doing some weird happy dance.

"We're gonna have to party hard at the after party." Kendall says, throwing his arms around James and Logan's shoulders.

"Don't party too hard." Kelly warns them. "We don't need any bad publicity, but congrats on the award. Gustavo and I are very proud of you guys."

"We're proud of us!" James says as he and his bandmates wrap their arms around Gustavo's assistant.

"So we had some big wins tonight." Jo says proudly. "Now let's celebrate!"

After the awards show ended, all of the guests headed over to Maggiano's Little Italy for the after party. The whole restaurant has been closed down for the occasion, so only those that are invited can get in. There are celebrities and photographers all over the place, but surely James and Jenna can find a quiet place where they can be alone. They haven't had much alone time today, but if they can find a quiet room or corner, they might be able to change that. They just need to find a way through this crowd.

"Come on." James whispers, grabbing Jenna's hand. He pulls her through the crowd and they leave the main dining room. They walk down the hallway where the private ballrooms are located, looking for one that's empty. The one at the very end of the hall is perfect, so James looks around for any paparazzi and when he sees none, he leads Jenna into the room, letting the door close on its own.

"And now that we're alone..." He grins, leaning in for a kiss.

"Wow, you're a good kisser." Jenna murmurs as their lips touch.

"Let's just say that I have lots of experience."

"Jerk."

"Okay, I'm sorry." James says, giving her a big hug.

"I'm really proud of you." Jenna says, squeezing his waist. "You guys really deserved to win that award. You work so hard and it really payed off tonight. By the way, I voted for my boys over thirty times."

"Thanks for the support, babe." James chuckles, kissing her cheek.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

64.1K 897 11
They're known for their looks and talents throughout the nation. They're living life as any other celebrities would. This is about Kendall Schmidt's...
40.9K 1.3K 40
DISCLAIMER: I wrote this when I was like 14... it needs editing BUT it's still a great story ;) The Masked Girls have revealed their identities and n...
20.2K 562 35
What Happens When The Guy You Love Only sees you as a friend? Well that's what's happening to Aylinn Henderson. Her and James Maslow have been friend...
14.6K 307 28
Eighteen year old Kendall Schmidt is the son of a billionaire. His father wants him to marry girls that are rich just like him. Only problem is, Kend...