Just A Dream (completed)

By cali1girl

The story of how James and Jenna met and how their relationship began. When James met Jenna at that meet and... More

the night they met
The Day They Meet Again
The Day James Asked For A Date
The Night Of Their First Date
The Day They Became A Couple
The Day Their Secret Got Out
author's note
Chapter 7: The Day Jenna's Life Started Changing
Chapter 8: The Day Jenna Was Popular For A Day
Chapter 9: The Day Of Their One Month Anniversary
Chapter 10: The Night They Had A Big Time Christmas
Chapter 11: The First Day Of A New Year
Chapter 12: The Day Of Their First Valentines Day
Chapter 13: The Day That Their Love Was Approved
Chapter 14: The Night Of The Big Prom Disaster
Chapter 16: The Night Of The Pop Tiger Awards
Chapter 17: The Night Of Their Perfect Prom
Chapter 18: The Night Of Jenna's Graduation
Chapter 19: The Day Jenna Moved Into Her Dorm
Chapter 20: The Day James Showed His Broken Heart
Chapter 21: The Night Of Their First Argument
Chapter 22: The Night Before Their First Anniversary
Chapter 23: The Night James Got His Feelings Hurt
Chapter 24: The Day Jenna Took Care Of James
Chapter 25: The Night They Went To A Big Time Party
Chapter 26: The Day Jenna Defended The Guys
Chapter 27: The Day They Left For The Big Time Tour
Chapter 28: The Day The Tour Began
Chapter 29: The Night James Showed His Insecurity
Chapter 30: The Night They Spent In Rio
Chapter 31: The Night They Spent In Vegas
Chapter 32: The Day Jenna Gave In
Chapter 33: The Night They Went Home
Chapter 34: The Night They Threw A Big Time Party
Chapter 35: The Day Of Their Second Anniversary
Chapter 36: The Day Of Both Love and Loneliness
Chapter 37: The Day Of Rumors And Drama
Chapter 38: The Day Of Their Big Time Beach Day
Chapter 39: The Day That Friends Spent Time Together
Chapter 40: The Day James Asked A Special Question
Chapter 41: The Day They Made The Announcement
Chapter 42: A Day Of Planning The Big Time Wedding
Chapter 43: A Day Of Paparazzi And Wedding Plans
Chapter 44: The Day James Got A Surprising Call
Chapter 45: The Day They Found Their Perfect Home
Chapter 46: The night of Jenna's Bachelorette Party
Chapter 47: The Day They Said I Do
Chapter 48: The Night They Celebrated Their Marriage
Chapter 49: The First Day Of Their Honeymoon
author's note
Chapter 50: The Day They Got A Special Surprise
Chapter 51: The Day Their Surprise Was Confirmed
Chapter 52: One Day In Her Third Month
Chapter 53: A Day Of Mood Swings Gone Wild
Chapter 54: The Day Jo Returned To The Palm Woods
WARNING: Very angsty ending (Be prepared!)
Chapter 56: The Day Everything Changed
Chapter 57: A Day Of Grieving
Chapter 58: The Day They All Said Goodbye
Chapter 59: The Day They Returned To Their Hometown
Chapter 60: The Day James Started To Move On
Authors Note

Chapter 15: The Day After The Disaster

97 2 0
By cali1girl

Big Time Prom Disaster

When Big Time Rush singer and girlfriend of more than two months, high school senior Jenna Harper, attended Jenna's prom at Lincoln High School, they were obviously expecting to have a good time. James and Jenna, both 17, were enjoying a dance together when a fellow classmate of Jenna's, Anna Dalton, invited the paparazzi to come out from under the bleachers to start snapping pictures of the couple. Many onlookers seemed confused at first, but Anna's intention became clear when Jenna started to walk away and Anna stepped on her dress, ripping it and causing Jenna to fall flat on her face.

Gustavo isn't even able to finish reading the article in Pop Tiger magazine. He isn't sure whether to be sympathetic of James and Jenna, or infuriated with the paparazzi. That dog and his dogette were suppose to go to prom, have fun, not do anything stupid or embarrassing, then go home. Yet this happened! He got a call at seven this morning, saying that there had been an incident at Jenna's prom. He logs into his Scuttlebutter account and everyone is talking about it, posting videos, pictures, and news articles. He's horrified. Jenna may not be a singer or actress, but she is directly associated with BTR because she's dating a member of the band. Then again, this could be considered good publicity. After all, many articles said that James was quick to follow his girlfriend and comfort her, which might help people see James as something other than the player of the group.

"Okay, maybe this doesn't have to be a bad thing." Gustavo says as he paces in the sitting area. All four of the guys, plus Jenna, are sitting either on the couch or in the chairs. James is sitting on the couch with Jenna, his arm around her shoulders as he kisses her temple. She's still embarrassed by the whole situation. Paparazzi were waiting for them outside the studio and they got bombarded with questions. James was ready to wring their necks because they kept bothering him and Jenna, but the other guys managed to keep him from attacking the photographers.

"Yeah, It does." Kelly argues. "This isn't about publicity. That girl was bullying Jenna. This isn't about publicity!"

"Yeah, but think about it this way." Gustavo responds. "People see James as the selfish player of Big Time Rush, but when he chased after Jenna, he was showing his sweeter side, which means that he might have a chance at repairing his reputation. Everyone in Hollywood is already surprised that he's managed to keep one girl for this long."

James shakes his head as he lifts his hand to Jenna's cheek, stroking it gently. She's pretty shaken up by the whole thing and James is hoping they can get out of here soon, so they can just focus on each other. What Jenna needs is a relaxing day by the Palm Woods pool with James by her side.

"Gustavo, I don't care about what anyone thinks about me." He says, kissing Jenna's hand. "I just care about Anna getting what she deserves."

"We'll take care of her later." Gustavo says with a wave of his hand.

"It better be soon." Kendall mutters.

"I'm glad Lacey punched her." Carlos adds.

Logan just sits back and listens as his friends start arguing with Gustavo, not agreeing with either group. First of all, Gustavo should stop worrying about publicity. Whether there's publicity or not, bullying is not right. Anna tipped off the paparazzi, embarrassed Jenna, and succeeded in making herself look like a complete jerk. But he doesn't agree with Carlos either. Logan has always believed that fighting doesn't solve anything. If he had been Lacey, he would have just walked away. Lacey could have went to comfort Jenna, like James did. The whole situation makes Logan sick.

"Guys!" Kelly interrupts. "Look, why don't you guys go home for today? We'll call you tomorrow."

"Fine." The guys murmur quietly.

"Come on." James tells Jenna, keeping his arm around her. He listens as Jenna quietly says "Okay," before wrapping her arm around his waist. He kisses the top of her head, feeling worried about her. With her barely having any experience with the paparazzi and the media, this has to be a nervewracking experience. She has been noticed by paparazzi, but she has never seen what they're like when a big controversy appears. He doesn't know if he would necessarily call the prom incident controversial, but people are getting pretty fired up about it. Anyone that is against bullying sees the incident as a very big deal.

"Baby, I love you." He whispers, kissing her cheek.

"Love you, too." Jenna sighs, squeezing his waist. They stop at the front entrance and Jenna listens to the frantic paparazzi outside. She whimpers and hugs James's waist, not wanting to face the photographers again. She wishes that they could get away with spending the night at Rocque Records, at least until the paparazzi go away.

"Ugh, I didn't bring my hoodie with me." James says.

"She can wear mine." Logan says, taking his grey hoodie off. He hands it to Jenna, who gladly slips over her head. Logan pulls the hood over Jenna's head and gives her a hug.

"Thanks." Jenna says, leaning into the embrace.

Carlos pushes the door open and they finally face the frenzy of paparazzi.

"JENNA, CARE TO COMMENT ON THE PROM INCIDENT?"

Jenna stays close to James, trying to block out the questions being thrown at her. She's scared, but relieved when she is finally inside the limo, cuddled in James's arms. She doesn't like to say that she hates anyone, but she's gonna do it. She hates Anna and she hates the paparazzi. Anna has always been a mean girl, but no one knew that she would ever go this far. Jenna thought that she and James would go to prom and have a great time, but it turned into a big mess. She wanted to dance with James, take a prom picture with him, and share a few snacks with him, but they didn't even get to finish one dance.

"What's gonna happen to Lacey?" Kendall asks. "I hope that one fight doesn't stop her from graduating."

"I haven't talked to her." Jenna shrugs. "I don't see why this would keep her from graduating, though. She might get suspended, but she shouldn't get in too much trouble. Anna is the one that was asking for it."

"Maybe the school will go easy on her." James says, placing another kiss on Jenna's hand.

"I hope so." Jenna says, resting her head on his shoulder.

"That looked like a really cute dress." Camille says as she, Jenna, Jo, and Stephanie walk out to the pool. James and the guys told them to go on down to the pool, so they did. Jenna needs to get some fresh air, anyway. Last night was tough and it's not like she got very much sleep. Camille, Jo, and Stephanie were glad to hang out with her until James finishes getting ready.

"And now it's ruined." Jo says, throwing her arm around Jenna's shoulders.

"If I had been there, I would have been happy to help Lacey in beating Anna to a pulp." Stephanie adds.

Jenna holds back a smile. These girls really know how to make her feel better. Lacey, Camille, Jo, and Stephanie are really great friends and she doesn't know what she would do without their daily "girl talks." Jo even texts Jenna during her lunch break from filming New Town High. Last night, Jenna's phone had a text message from all three of her new friends, as well as one from James's ex girlfriend, Rachel. She and Rachel aren't too close, since she and James are dating, but they get along surprisingly well.

"Well, it's over." She says. "Everyone's talking about it, but it's over."

"Jenna!" Brunette Jennifer calls out as she and the other Jennifers walk over to the group. Jenna doesn't know what they want. They remind her a lot of Anna. Pretty, but mean. They look sweet on the outside, but they're sour on the inside. As far as she knows, they probably want to laugh in her face. They do it every time she visits.

"Tell her." Curly haired Jennifer says to Blonde Jennifer.

"Fine." Blonde Jennifer says bitterly. She takes a deep breath and starts speaking. "Look, I know we're not very nice to you most of the time, but...Ugh, Jennifer, you do it!"

"Which one?" the other two Jennifers say.

"You!" Blonde Jennifer tells Brunette Jennifer.

"Okay." Brunette Jennifer says. "Jenna, I know we're not always very nice to you, but we don't like what Anna did. Even we wouldn't go that far and we make fun of people all the time. In fact, we don't even consider ourselves bullies. We're just sassy. Anyway, you should totally check out my blog that I started a couple months ago. It's a support blog for victims of bullying, eating disorders, self harm, emotional disorders, and all that stuff. You could obviously use some support, so I think it would be very helpful to you. Just go to my official website and it's under the "My Blog" tab."

"I don't really need help, but thanks." Jenna shrugs.

"Whatever." The Blonde and Curly Haired Jennifers say, while Brunette Jennifer just gives Jenna a satisfied smile. The three girls walk to the lobby, while Jenna and her friends watch in confusion.

"Don't let that offer fool you." Stephanie warns. "They're still mean girls."

"I'm aware of that." Jenna says as they walk to the hot tub.

"Does it really take that boy an hour to get ready for a trip to the pool?" Jenna questions while she and the girls relax in the hot tub. She's looking forward to getting another hug and kiss from her guy. She's under a lot of stress and she wants some more love from her extremely hot boyfriend. Besides, she's officially freaking out about the Pop Tiger Awards. They're only a few weeks away and this prom thing has increased her anxiety. All the reporters will probably be asking her and James about the incident. How is she suppose to respond?

"Okay, I'm here!" James says as he climbs in next to her. Camille, Jo and Stephanie nonchalantly step out of the hot tub, leaving the couple alone. James kisses Jenna's forehead and gives her a smile, hoping that the girls were able to cheer her up. James wanted to take a shower before coming out here, so he needed someone else to take care of his girl for him.

"Hair trouble?" Jenna teases, giving him a kiss.

"Shut up." James chuckles.

"Hey, be nice." Jenna says, poking his side. She squeals as he pinches her stomach and she responds by messing up his hair. She knows that he hates when anyone does that, so it's perfect for situations where she really wants to drive him up a wall. Plus, he's really cute when he's annoyed. When they were entering Rocque Records earlier, James looked so annoyed with the paparazzi and Jenna couldn't help thinking about how hot he is when he's angry, even though she was mostly thinking about getting inside the building.

"Hey, don't do that!" James whines, covering his head.

"You shouldn't have pinched me." Jenna giggles, pinching his cheek.

"You're mean."James says, pulling her into a hug.

"Hey, let's just talk, instead of picking on each other." She watches as James moves to sit on the next step, right in front of her. She rubs his shoulders, smiling as his eyes start to close. He always gets sleepy when she does this, but he doesn't need to fall asleep in the hot tub. They'll take a nap in 2J later, since the events of the past several hours have really tired them out.

"Why are your muscles so tense?" She asks, kneading her thumbs into his shoulder blades.

"Hmm, I dunno." James murmurs.

"You won't admit it, but I think you're stressed." Jenna comments.

"I'm James Diamond. I don't get stressed."

"Liar." Jenna smiles.

"I'm not lying." James says with a big smile. He leans his head back so Jenna can see his face. While stroking his rosy cheeks, Jenna leans over to kiss his nose. He gladly accepts the gesture. You know, he likes being a serious relationship. Now, his past girlfriends always wanted to get too serious, but Jenna is doing it right. She is serious about James, but she isn't doing anything crazy like talking about marriage or children. They can talk about that after they've dated for a little while. No one knows this, but James would love to get married and have a few "Baby Diamond's" running around the house, just not yet.

"Why are your cheeks so red?" Jenna asks, stroking the skin.

"I have rosacea." James responds, his cheeks reddening with embarrassment.

"It's cute, my pretty boy." Jenna assures him.

"Don't call me that."

"Why not?"

"Seriously, don't."

"We're going to have dinosaur chicken nuggets, since I know you kids love them so much." Ms. Knight says, sitting a plate of nuggets in the middle of the table. Carlos and James are the first to dig in, grabbing a handful and putting them on their own plates. Katie and Jenna look at each other as the boys eat, not understanding the deal with boys and food. Just like they don't understand James and his obsession with hair and skin care.

Beep!

"I got a text from Lacey." Jenna explains, stepping away from the table. She looks at the text from her best friend, sighing in relief.

Got suspended for seven days, but I still get to graduate

Oh, thank goodness. Lacey rarely gets into fights unless the person really deserves it, so it's not like this is a common occurence. Anna was mean to Lacey's friend, so she let Anna know that no one gets away with messing with her friends. Jenna and Lacey are suppose to share a dorm at UCLA. They wouldn't be able to do that if Lacey couldn't graduate. But everything's good now. All Jenna needs to worry about is getting through this crazy controversy and her first red carpet appearance with James.

"She's suspended for a week." She says as she returns to her seat. "But she can still graduate."

"Did she say what they're gonna do with Anna?" Carlos asks.

"I don't wanna ask her right now." Jenna tells him. "When someone makes her mad, she tends to stay mad for at least two or three days. Therefore, we cannot mention Anna or prom in front of her, okay?"

"Got it." Carlos nods.

"People are stupid." Katie says, shaking her head. "And when I say stupid, I'm talking about Anna and those dumba-"

"Katie!" Ms. Knight quickly interrupts.

"Sorry, mom."

James is feeling better now that he's in the safety of his own home, but he hopes that the media will soon forget about what happened, so everyone can move on with their lives. When something exciting or shocking happens, it's interesting at first, but gets really old after a while. James is truly hoping that this will apply to their current situation. Come on, Hollywood, forget about the embarrassing prom and move on.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

40.9K 1.3K 40
DISCLAIMER: I wrote this when I was like 14... it needs editing BUT it's still a great story ;) The Masked Girls have revealed their identities and n...
64.1K 897 11
They're known for their looks and talents throughout the nation. They're living life as any other celebrities would. This is about Kendall Schmidt's...
8.3K 159 16
What happens when you're life changes too quickly? You think you've met the one for you. Yet everything gets turned around? Sometimes things aren't a...
44.7K 851 29
A collection of Kendall Schmidt One Shots! Requests are OPEN!