I'm Back Bitches

By eatsleepswimrepeat_

"Hey there beautiful, wanna go out sometime?" He asked with a slight smirk. "With you?" I asked in a sweet vo... More

a / n
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Author's note
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-one
Chapter Twenty-two
Chapter Twenty-three
Chapter Twenty-four
Chapter Twenty-five
Chapter Twenty-six
Chapter Twenty-seven
Chapter Twenty-eight
Chapter Twenty-nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-one
Chapter Thirty-two
Chapter Thirty-three
Chapter Thirty-four
Chapter Thirty-five
Chapter Thirty-six
Author's Note
Chapter Thirty-seven
Chapter Thirty-eight
Chapter Thirty-nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty-one
Chapter Forty-two
Chapter Forty-three
Chapter Forty-four
Chapter Forty-five
Chapter Forty-six
Chapter Forty-seven
Chapter Forty-eight
Chapter Forty-nine
Chapter fifty
Chapter Fifty-two
Chapter Fifty-three
Chapter Fifty-four
a/n
Good News
Chapter Fifty-five
Chapter Fifty-six
Chapter Fifty-seven
Chapter Fifty-eight
Chapter Fifty-nine
Chapter Sixty

Chapter Fifty-one

139K 5.6K 1.2K
By eatsleepswimrepeat_

The night that I dreaded had finally arrived. I needed the answers that Xavier wanted yet I knew Duncan screamed trouble. Around him I didn't feel safe nor secure.

I took a deep breath trying to calm my nerves, he can't see that I'm freaking out because then he'd know why I was eager to go to his house.

I met Xavier at the door who he had an unreadable expression on. His deep lingering stare froze me in a trance and I knew he was trying to read me. I tried forcing on a blank expression, the last thing I wanted was for him to think I was scared.

"Phone?" He asked stretching out his hand.

Without much thought I passed my phone to him as he turned his back to me. I tried figuring out what he was doing, I became more suspicious when I heard a clicking sound.

Last time I checked, phones don't click.

He turned back around outstretching his arm to pass me my phone.

I gave him an uneasy look.

His features softened. "What is it?"

I knew he could see straight through a lie. "It's just, I feel like I'm walking into a lion's den and I may not come out alive"

We were inches apart and for some reason I felt safe near him. I felt like even though he had a malicious gang leader façade he wouldn't touch or hurt me. And that scared me because he had also made it clear the first day we met that he was capable.

He cupped the side of my face with his hand. "No one is going to lay a finger on you, not under my watch"

Although that seemed out of Xavier's control I trusted him. I only hoped that me trusting Xavier won't get me killed.

I took my phone and stepped away giving Xavier a last glance as I left the house.

As I drove to Duncan's house I couldn't help but feel uneasy. As each minute went by my mind kept ticking. Thoughts kept running through my mind and I felt some relief as I arrived at Duncan's house.

It's just a school project. Nothing else.

I knocked on the door plastering on a confident smile when he answered. We both went to his living room where I started to set up.

He sat down grabbing out his phone as I raised my eyebrow at him.

"I gave my laptop to my cousin so I have to use my phone" He reasoned himself.

I nodded before returning my gaze back to the project. I told myself to remain calm, it's just me overreacting to the small stuff.

××

It was half past five and we were almost finished. I'm glad to report nothing out of the ordinary happened.

I heard Duncan sigh. "My phones out, can I use yours?"

It wasn't weird for him to ask me because my phone sat on the bench as I wasn't using it.

I passed him my phone as he thanked me.

I instantly turned my head when I heard a clicking sounds.

The exact sound Xavier had made.

I knew this was bad.

"Hey!" I yelled out as I reached my phone.

His facial reaction changed. "That mother fucking asshole" I heard him curse.

I remained still as I watched his eyes turn to a shade of black as he let out a bitter laugh.

He held a tiny object in his hand as he shook his head. "A hearing device really?"

I cursed under my breath. Damn Xavier. This may have just gotten me killed.

He threw the device onto the ground and crushed it with his foot as I watched the scene unfold in front of me.

He took a dangerous stance as he stared me straight in the eyes with a cold blank stare.

I felt his cold and emotionless eyes staring straight back at me. He didn't seem human at this point.

"Look Duncan, whatever your thinking of doing don't, let's be rational and think this through" I pleaded.

"Think this through? You should've thought through teaming up with that bastard. He ruins peoples lives, and your already doomed" He bitterly replied.

I frowned. Who's the person Duncan is talking about?

It suddenly clicked in my brain. Duncan was talking about Xavier.

He laughed bitterly. "You think he's some sort of hero? Well he's not. He killed my parents, right in front of me"

"He wouldn't do that" I said mainly to myself.

But if he did, he would have to have a reasonable excuse for doing such an excuse.

This seemed to anger him more as fire burned in his eyes. "Xavier is a cold blooded murderer. He killed my parents, he deserves the pain and suffering that will come, and there's only one way through this"

I caught on to what he was saying and my eyes widened as I had a sudden realisation. "You want to avenge them? The only way out for you is to kill Xavier, but you don't want him to die so peacefully and easily. So your gonna kill the people that mean the most to him, just like he did to you" I stopped as I looked up at him, hoping he would dismiss this crazy explanation. However he looked at me with a smile.

"So she does have some brains after all" He replied.

Who is the closest to Xavier? Who's death will cause him unbearable pain?

"Chantelle" I murmured with shocked eyes.

Their whole relationship was a lie. I knew there was something wrong about Duncan yet poor Chantelle had no clue.

He pointed the gun at me that appeared out of nowhere and played around with it. "Good guess but your wrong, yes she's his sister but nothing hurts as much as true love. It's you Avery. You're the girl whose death will cause him the most severe pain"

Me? I didn't take that seriously because I knew it wasn't true. I scoffed.

He went on. "You're the suspicious girl he keeps by his side. The only girl he doesn't kill in a matter of minutes and the one that he is infatuated with"

Shit. I didn't believe a word he was saying. But he was holding a gun and making these accusations he's so sure about. I know I need to somehow get out of this place in one piece or become the next dead victim.

I had one last plea, to appeal to his humanity before I went with my escape plan. "Killing me won't bring back your parents. What would your parents think if they were here?"

He seemed unfazed by my comment.

Alright then plan b.

"Bananas" I spluttered out.

He frowned. "What?"

"Koko mu ninja splat" I continued.

He dropped the gun by his side with a look of confusion as he tried to figure out what I was saying.

As soon as he dropped the gun I pulled the pocket knife from my pocket and threw it at him hoping it would hit and not miss. With all of the effort I had used to throw it at him I had hoped it would cause some sort of damage.

It fortunately hit him in the thigh as he slightly cursed.

He laughed as he focused his attention on his leg. "Foolish girl" He started as he pulled the knife out of his leg.

His eyes went wide as he realised what I was holding.

"Distraction you idiot" I spoke in a loud and clear voice before smashing the large vase I had in my hand against his head.

There was a loud crash as he fell over. I didn't have time to admire my handiwork as I ran to the door.

I felt relief as I turned the door knob however a hand on the door slammed it shut.

He shook his head as he gave me a crazy look pulling the gun near my head.

There was blood near his head. How could he have been so fast?

"Who said I was going to kill you?"

"The gun says it all" I muttered staring at the gun.

"Although you deserve it after the stunt you just pulled" He glared at me.

"There are two options. Either lead me to Xavier and I will leave everyone else alone. Or I'll kill all of Xavier's gang including Chantelle. And I'll start with you"

I didn't know what to say. He was either going to kill one person or numerous people. It was selfish to think about which option would be better, I knew the answer but I didn't want to believe it. There has to be some sort of way I can communicate to Xavier.

"Your choice. Do we have a deal?" Duncan asked with a vicious smile.

The last I could do was buy us some time.

I weighed the options, my eyes hovering on the gun.

"Deal"

××

Drama or what? What do you think about the new Duncan? Something sure was fishy about him ;)

3 more chapters to go and updating in two more weeks.

Remember to comment and vote
-Ashley

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

190K 12.7K 41
***FINISHED! AND FULLY UPLOADED*** "Your friend was right," the villain says, tilting her chin towards the moon. My mouth's on autopilot now as I men...
1.8M 55.6K 42
"Aspen, you'll pay for double crossing us" the tall Greek God like guy seethed. Holding his gun firmly in his grip directed at my head. "you'll regr...
161K 2.6K 43
🚧 UNDER CONSTRUCTION 🚧 〤In editing process, first book, revamping in progress〤 ❝ 𝐿𝑜𝓋𝑒 𝑀𝒶𝒹𝑒 𝒯𝒽𝑒 𝒟𝒶𝓃𝑔𝑒𝓇 𝐼𝓃 𝒴𝑜𝓊 𝐿𝑜𝑜𝓀 𝐿𝒾𝓀...
1.8K 45 17
***Book 1*** Neighbours With the Bad Boy ¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤ And this is a short story since it is my first, I will not be editing this one...