Soldier 259

By EmilyDog2

Soldier 259 is an elite Hydra Super Soldier. She is the competition to the famous Winter Soldier. They've onl... More

Author's Notes
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Epilogue
*Special*
Mothers Day Special Pt.1
Mothers Day Special Pt.2

Chapter 20

5.7K 192 63
By EmilyDog2

Soldier 259

   I spot a Soldier walk back and forth, scoping out the area from the roof, and take a couple steps back from the treebranch that I'm on. I take a deep breaeth and leap forward and land silently on the roff top. I hide behind one of the vents and listen to the Soldier's foorsteps. When they get closer I leap from behind the vent and shoot him with my pistol, silent on.

    The man falls with a groan escaping his lips and lands on the ground. I look over the edge of the buildng and do the hand motions for 60 and the others to enter. I walk back over to the dead Soldeir and move his body behind the vent. I hear gunfire and screams. Uh oh. That can't be good.

   I pear over the edge of the building and see 117 pinned to the ground by a Soldier and 60 trying to get to her but can't becuase four Soldiers are blocking his way. Jezz! How many of them are there? 284's been shot in the leg and arm is swipping at anyone who gets close to him with a knife as he's being backed up into a corner by two Soldiers. Whatever medication T'Challa gave us, it's sure as heck slowing us down.

   Sylvia appears to be holding her own with the help of Night and Duke, but her old hands shake as she fires bullet after bullet at the Soldiers and her aim wavers. Soon they are upon her and she is beaten to the ground. Anger bubbles up within me and demands that I make them pay, but I can't. Soldier 259 would use this to her advantage to find out where they are holding the hostages. I bite my lip and watch as my crew and sister get dragged across the ground and into the building.

   I spot a window below me and swing my legs over the roof and slide through the window. The air inside is stuffy and I can barely make out a door. I walk to it and hear voices, sad and angery voices. I procede with caution.

"Where is she?" someone yells, a male from the sound of it.

   I enter a room with a railing at the side and creep towards it, careful to stay in the shadows. I pear through the bars of the railing and my breah catches. My family, they are beaten and bruised, a fight just barely in their eyes. Surrounding them is twenty Soldiers, all armed and ready to kill. Night and Duke are chained to the wall, muzzles on their snouts as they bite and snarl at the Soldiers.

   My eyes fall upon Sylvia, her grey hair now stained with blood. She has several bruises on her and she's bleeding in several places on her body. She stares at her son, 214, like a proud woman who is not afraid of death.

   60, 284, and 117 are huddled together with chains bound to their wrist and feet, bounding them together. Steve has blood runing from his mouth. I don't even know if T'Challa is alive since he's just lying on the ground and not moving. Sam is laying on the ground with his hands bound together by a piece of rope on his back and is silently moaning. I search the room for Bucky but I can't find him, making me even more nervous and edgy.

    214 walks towards 60, "Where, is 259? You had better answer me or I will do the same to you as I do the Winter Soldier."

  60 looks up at him and spits on his shoe. 214 scowls and wrinkles his nose. A soldier hands him a pistol and he takes it, pointing it at 60's head. 117 whimpers while 60 grabs her hand and closes his eye mummuring, "Forgive me, sister."

"Peter!" Sylvia yells, causing 214 to tense and look at her.

   Sylvia stares at him with anger in her eyes, "Leave them alone," she says sternly. "You can turn away from this, away from Hydra. Your Aunt is doing it, so can you."

   214's eyes move around the room as if seeing something that only he can see. I hear a moan and look in the corner in the darkness and see a figure bent over cradeling his left side as two Soldiers stand beside him. He looks up and spots me, he freezes. He whipsers something, something that alerts the two Soldiers. "Sir, she's here."

   214 instantly looks around, searching for where I'm at. I take a deep breath and stand, firing bullet after bullet at the people who hurt my family, who hurt me. Bodies fall to the ground as I fire at them. I dodge bullets and hear a Soldier come yelling at me, an axe in his right hand.

   I narrow my eyes and run towards him. At the last mintute, I slide under his feet and drag my dagger down the inside on his legs. He falls and I race to get on top of him and stab my dagger through his back, killing him. I reach into my pockets and throw two of them at two Soldiers runnign towards me, hitting them right in the forehead. An instant kill.

    I jump over the railing and land on two of the Soldiers, they don't get back up. One runs towards me and I kick his arms and spin, deliving a deadly kick to the rips. Someone yanks my hair back and I kick them from behind, must have been a guy since he moaned and let go of me. I put a bullet through his head and look around to see them circling around me.

    214 smiles at me and spreads his arms wide, "It's an honor to meet you, 259! Too bad that you'll have to witness the death of your crew."

   A Soldier drags Sylvia by the hair before 214. My heart stops as 214 points the gun at her head. My eyes go wide. Sylvia smiles at me, "It's alright Ky-"

    BANG!

"No!" I yell and fire my gun at him, hitting him in the chest.

   214 fires back at me and pain explodes through my arm but it's nothing compared to what my heart is feeling as my sister lays dead on the ground. Her eyes are lifeless, even more than what mine were when I worked for Hydra. There's a gaping hole in her forehead where blood is gushing out of and her hand rest outstreched to me on the ground. Duke wails as fights against the chain to get to his master.

   Soldeirs rush upon me and put bullet after bullet through my body as I fire all that my gun has at my nephew, the one who killed his own mother. I feel a sword plunge through my chest and hear Bucky and my crew scream. I can't move. The sword is removed and I fall to the ground, staring at my dead sister's body. I cough on my blood and spit it up. I put my hand to my chest in vain to stop myslef from bleeding out when I know it is useless.

    I blink and see the front door of the building being blasted off its hinges and men in black suits run into the room. I see a man in red and yellow metal suite walk into the room followed by a woman with long red hair, a guy with arrows, a teenage girl with spheres of red glowing around her, and a red skinned man with a cape. They take down all of the Soldiers and I feel an arm pick me up.

   I blink and open my eyes, this time longer than usaul. I open my eyes to see Bucky cradeling me, tears fallign down his face as he speaks. I can't make out what he's saying, it sounds like I'm underwater, the water droning out the sound. I reach up and touch his face. I feel something wet touch my cheek and know that it's Night.

   Someone else appears beside Bucky but I can't make out who becuase everything is becomeing fuzzy. The pain in my arm and chest start to eb away and soon everything is to bright. I close my eyes, trying to block out the blinding light.

"Kyra. Kyra, wake up. Today is not your day to die," I hear my sister's voice say, younger than before.

    I try to say her name but my lips are too heavy to move and so are my eyelids. I feel something soft touch brush my face and someone take my hand.

"Mother is here. She's misses you very much. I miss you very much. We will always be in your heart and by your side, never to abonden you." Sylvia's voice is soft and beautiful, just like I remember it being.

"Oh, Kyra. My baby girl."

   Mother. My heart swells up at her voice and I desperately want to open my eyes to see her. I want to move so I can embrace her.

"I love you very much and am proud of you. You have changed many people's lives for the better. My only regret is that I wasn't able to be there with you."

   I try to open my mouth to speak but it won't budge. It remains shut.

"Now, get up," she demands. "Get up and show them who you really are. Show them how strong you are. Show them that you will not fall."

************************

   Bucky holds Kyra's hand as she sleeps in her bed. His metal arm is completely gone from when the Soldiers removed it. He watches her face for any signs that she is still in there. The doctors told him that she might only last an hour, that was fifty-nine minutes ago. Bucky holds onto her hand with hope that she will return to him.

Beep..... Beep...... BEEP!

   Bucky stands as her heart beat stops and screams for the doctors. They arrive but it's too late. They start to restart her heart but no matter what they do it won't start back up. Bucky screams at Kyra, begging her to wake up. Steve rushes in and has to drag Bucky away from Kyra's body.

   Bucky kicks and claws at Steve's hands who quickly lets go of him as the pain from his injuries kicks in. Bucky rushes over to Kyra and takes her hand. Ogie comes into the room followed by Night and joins Bucky. Ogie crawls onto the bed and shakes Kyra, begging her to wake up.

"Mommy! Mommy, wake up! I need you!" he yells.

   Guards come in and take Bucky, Night, and Ogie away from the dead woman whom they love with all their heart. 60, 117, and 284 are crying in the hallway over the lost of their leader.

   Finally, the docotors give up on bring Kyra back form the dead and turn off the machines. They look sadly down upon the woman who they couldn't save. They leave the room and the last doctor turns back to look at Kyra and whispers, "I'm sorry."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

366K 12.6K 33
Bucky Barnes has been on the run from hydra for months, and when Steve finally finds him, he's in bad shape. He needs somewhere safe to hide and he n...
65.9K 1.4K 34
For years, HYDRA had been trying to use the samples of Steve's DNA to make another super-soldier. They finally succeed and when S.H.I.E.L.D. breaks h...
1.1M 27.1K 73
What, never heard of her? Typical. She has more kills than the Winter Solider. She was taken when she was 4 for her powers. When she escaped she dec...
2.7M 76.1K 32
' "Put her down, Bucky." It was Steve. Staring up into Bucky's eyes that were now glued to the captain, Brenna saw the soft blue turn to steel. A lo...