Warpaint | Clexa (Completed)

By thestarryeyedreader

Grounders and Arkadians are warring clans living in the same vicinity. What happens when Clarke, a young pris... More

Chapter 1: Liar Game
Chapter 2: Fireworks
Chapter 4: Reckoning
Chapter 5: Descision
Chapter 6: Shattered
Chapter 7: Weakness
Chapter 8: Parting Of Ways
Chapter 9: Broken Strings
[Not An Update]
Chapter 11: Life As We Know It
Chapter 12: Once Bitten, Twice...?
Chapter 13: Blood Must Have Blood
Chapter 14: Switched
Chapter 15: Forebodings
Chapter 16: Plans
Chapter 17: Alive
Chapter 18: Decisions
Chapter 19: My People
Chapter 20: Let Her Go
Chapter 21: I'm Your Mother
Chapter 22: Hurts Like Hell
Chapter 23: Will You Take A Life With Me?
Chapter 24: Another Love
[Not An Update]
Chapter 25: Wrong Infinities
Chapter 26: Taken
Chapter 27: Her Shield And Sword
Chapter 28: For Her, A Thousand Times Over
Not An Update, But Equally Important!!
Chapter 29: Her Fight Is Over
Chapter 30: Sense Of An Ending
Chapter 31: Take Me Back To The Start
New Story: Another Love
Thank You!
Shameless Self Promotion

Chapter 3: On The Edge

8.3K 289 188
By thestarryeyedreader

"You've been on the ground for 20 years now. And there has never been any truce of any kind between us. Why should I trust you now, Skyling." Titus spat.

"Because you want your Commander alive, don't you?" Jaha folded his arms and replied calmly.

"Nothing can kill the Commander, and certainly, not you."

"Reason that with the girl when she does her job."

"You do not know our Commander, Skyman" Titus smiled. "Twenty years and 2 commanders. You neither know their faces, nor their names. You believe some girl can really kill the Commander."

"This one goes by the name of Lexa, we know." Jaha nodded.

"The Commander goes by many names" Titus said. He was beginning to get wary of the man and the meeting.
It had all begun a few weeks back when he had received communication from an Arkadian messenger while on his travels towards Azgeda. And when he finally met with Jaha, the man had explained to him, some recent events within the Arkadian camp - events that Titus couldn't ignore anymore.

"What are you getting out of this?" he finally asked. "What do you have to gain by saving the Commander?"

"Let us get this clear," Jaha explained, "I have no interest in your Commander's life whatsoever. I do not seek bloodshed. What I do not want, however is for Griffin to succeed. I have a daughter, Costia. And ever since she was three, I have been training her for the council. There are big things in store for Costia, things that I don't want Griffin to usurp. The Griffin girl was elected a junior member of the council over Costia, before she was jailed, of course. And with her succeeding, I do not want a repeat of that. I want Clarke Griffin discredited."

Titus looked at the man standing in front of him. For the first time, while talking about his daughter, Titus noticed a maniacal gleam in his eyes.

"I had never respected the Sky people" he finally said. "I couldn't think they'd stoop to levels beyond the massacre at the Mountain. And yet here you are, and you've fallen so much more in my esteem."

"You think I care about any of that?" Jaha said, finally showing signs of impatience. "You want your Commander alive. I want Griffin dead. I think it's a win win for us both, you ignorant man."

"We do not enter into treaties with the the likes of you, Sky man. I believe this rendezvous is over."

As Jaha walked away into the darkness, away from Titus's tent, he fell deep in thought.

What if there really was a threat to Lexa's life. What if the girl really somehow succeeded. But then, how would an Arkadian even enter their camps. He couldn't wait for Roan's invitation to Azgeda to be over. Much has happened, and he would need an audience with Gustus soon.

***

Clarke and Lexa had walked for a few miles in the morning before getting to a location where Lexa's horse had been tied up. Clarke wondered why Lexa had left her horse midway and travelled all the way to the borders on foot.

"Because I am more silent than a horse, Clarke. With the predators in the outer realms, horses are a liability." Lexa explained.

"Okay, so who's riding, Lex?" Clarke grinned.

"Celeste won't let anyone but me, control her reins, " Lexa said.

"How am I supposed to flirt with you if you never get my innuendos!" Clarke said exasperatedly.

"Are you flirting with me, Clarke of the Sky People?" Lexa asked, looking a little confused.

"No. I kissed you because my lips wanted some exercise." Clarke rolled her eyes.

"Mockery is not the product of a strong mind, Clarke." Lexa said gravely as she mounted the horse.

"Sheesh Lexa! Who says stuff that that!" Clarke extended her hand to Lexa who helped pull her up on the horse.

"Titus, the Fleimkeepa," Lexa replied and gave a slight tug on the reins, and Celeste started trotting.

"Flamekeeper? Isn't the Flamekeeper what do you call it... the right hand man of the Commander? How did he tell you that?"

"I... I overheard him," Lexa mumbled.

Soon they fell into a comfortable silence as Celeste trotted at a steady pace.

"Are you sleepy, Clarke?" Lexa asked as she felt Clarke's head droop over her shoulder.

"No, I'm really tired, Lexa" Clarke mumbled, and readjusted her grip around Lexa's body. Night was starting to fall, and it was getting chilly.

Lexa looked straight ahead. She knew these woods like the back of her hand. She gathered that they'd be at the village in a few hours at the most. However, a part of her did not want to go back to the village at all. All these years, she believed that she has been the Commander for so long, she had forgotten who she was before ascension. But two days was all it had taken to change it all. She wondered what last night had meant to Clarke. Was it merely flirting, as Clarke had suggested, or something more. She knew that she would have no place for any weakness of any sort once she was back. Commanders lived for their people. Nothing more, nothing less.

"Clarke" she softly whispered.

"Hmm?"

"What if you get really close to someone. And then that person turns out to be someone else. Would you still trust that person?"

Clarke sat up straight. What did Lexa know? She was seconds away from the first big phase of her mission.

"Erm...what do you mean, Lexa?"

"Just a hypothetical question, Clarke."

Clarke paused for a few seconds.

"There are different ways of knowing people Lexa. Sometimes you know someone. And sometimes you know who they are. Those are two completely different things."

"And how long do you think it takes to know someone as who they are?"

"Sometimes never. Sometimes an hour."

The silence that descended between them was dense and heavy. After what seemed like an eternity, Lexa spoke. "You've not answered my question yet, Clarke."

"It depends," Clarke answered cautiously. "People put up masks sometimes even if they do not want to. I believe in second chances, Lexa."

"So you see the good in people." Lexa stated.

"Maybe. There's always a reason behind the darkness in people."

Lexa smiled to herself. She could see the lights of the village up ahead.

"Clarke?" Lexa called.

"Yes?"

"I've been the person I am, with you, ok? It was all me."

"What do you mean, Lexa?" Clarke sat up straight, spotting the lights of the village.

"I'm sorry Clarke, and I am so glad I met you." Lexa said and turned back. Clarke raised her eyebrows. Lexa pulled the reins, and Celeste stopped. She looked at Clarke's brilliant blue eyes shining from the light of the torches around them, and leaned in to press her lips to hers. Clarke's whole body felt like it was on fire. It seemed like suddenly Lexa was emitting a sort of strength and power she had hidden all this time from her.

"Lexa?" Clarke broke the kiss and whispered.

"Yes Clarke?"

"Will they attack me?"

"You are with me, Clarke. No one will touch you. Don't worry." She smiled and tugged at Celeste's reins, and with a few large strides, they were at the gates of TonDC.

There was a great deal of activity as Lexa's horse entered the village, with an Arkadian with her. The two guards at the gate dropped to their knees as soon as they saw her.

Heads bowed as the horse entered and the murmur of 'Heda'  reverberated around them.

Clarke looked around confused. Was the Commander right there at TonDC? It was too soon. She wasn't prepared enough. She began to panic.

Lexa alighted from the horse and held out a hand to Clarke to do the same.

Clarke got down and looked around. A large number of people had gathered around them. She wondered if she would have to explain herself, and tell the escaped prisoner tale once again. She looked at Lexa who was looking back at her strangely.

A young boy ran up to them with a shoulder plate and a red sash and handed it to Lexa, and bowed. "Mochof Aden" Lexa smiled.

So this was Lexa's younger brother, Clarke gathered.

Aden smiled and said, "Heda".

Clarke looked at Aden, and then looked at Lexa who was still staring at her. And then she looked at the people gathered around them, and suddenly, the last half an hour of their conversation began to dawn on her.

"Disha ste Klark gon the skai kru. Em ste hir as ai guest. During her ste hir, yu will respect her. Anybody nou doing so will answer kom me. Do you understand?" Lexa's voice boomed in the clearing.

Murmurs of "Sha Heda" followed.

Clarke felt a strange constriction around her throat.

You have to kill the Commander, Clarke.

I've been the person I am, with you, ok?

Clarke suddenly felt something she hadn't felt in a long time. Anger. White hot anger coiling and bubbling inside her. She felt her fists curl into balls and warm tears prick at her eyes.

"Lies" she managed to whisper at Lexa.

"Clarke this changes nothing" Lexa said, her calm face betraying nothing of what was going on inside her mind. Her people were here, and she was the Heda. The mask was up.

"This changes everything, Lexa. This changes EVERYTHING." Clarke struggled to keep her calm. She was aware of fifty men and women with weapons around her.

"Clarke I know you feel betrayed, but remember what I said."

"None of that matters anymore Lexa. Damn." Clarke cursed as she felt the tears starting to trickle down her cheeks.

"Clarke I know-"

"You know nothing Lexa." Clarke hissed and walked towards, and out of the gate, leaving a shaken Lexa, and a group of very confused Grounders behind.

---

A/n:
Hola people! So half the truth's out finally. And conspiracy is brewing, of course. Ok so who was shocked with Jaha's daughter Costia? I have an evil little plotline saved for that. 😈

Also 1 favourite Arkadian is going to make an appearance in the next chapter. So watch out. Any guesses?

Also what do you think of the story so far? Suggestions and criticism is very welcome as usual.

P.s. Shout out to fireangel8 for all the constructive criticism. Thank you :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

49.1K 1.8K 28
Clarke is somewhere in the woods surviving after she killed everyone in Mount Weather. Clarke is angry at Lexa but can't hate her for what she did. C...
378K 13K 114
Together with their guards, Octavia, and Raven, Clarke and Lexa have made it to the Sankru city on their travels that encompasses all Thirteen Clans...
93.6K 3.2K 52
(this is kind of poorly written) Clarke lives in TonDC, New Jersey and she's seventeen. She's been bullied almost all of her lie. She has no friends...
55.5K 2.4K 31
The third book in the Ascension Series. After the destruction of Mount Weather and the end of The Shadow Bloods, Commander Lexa mourns the loss of Cl...