Not A Damsel in Distress

By WriterAnisha_2307

Previously titled as Arrogant's Smart Wife. ..... Abandoned on the next day of Marriage, Kavya is forced to l... More

Introduction
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty One
Chapter Thirty Two
Chapter Thirty Three
Chapter Thirty Four
Chapter Thirty Five
Chapter Thirty Six
Chapter Thirty Seven
Chapter Thirty Eight
Chapter Thirty Nine
Chapter Fourty
Chapter Fourty One
Chapter Fourty Two
Chapter Fourty Three
Chapter Fourty Four
Chapter Fourty Five
Chapter Fourty Six
Chapter Fourty Seven
Chapter Fourty Eight
Chapter Fourty Nine
Chapter Fifty
Chapter Fifty One
Chapter Fifty Two
Chapter Fifty Three
Chapter Fifty Four
Chapter Fifty Five
Chapter Fifty Six
Chapter Fifty Seven
Chapter Fifty Eight
Chapter Fifty Nine
Chapter Sixty
Chapter Sixty One
Chapter Sixty Two
Chapter Sixty Three
Chapter Sixty Four
Part Sixty Five: Their Unconditional Love
Part 66: The Raichands'
Bonus Part 1: Honeymoon Preparation
Bonus Part 2: Honeymoon - 1
Bonus Part 3: Honeymoon - 2

Chapter Fourteen

23K 1.4K 149
By WriterAnisha_2307

Outside Armaan's Room

Armaan is being escorted by his cousins towards his room though they halt near the door and didn't allow him to enter. They forward their empty hands after facing Armaan and he glances at them in confusion.

He asks, "What?"

Nirav, Armaan's cousin responds, "What do you mean by WHAT? We need our nek (prize), only then you are allowed to enter your room."

Armaan retorts, "Why should I give you nek for entering my own room?"

Payal inches closer and explains, "Because it is our right, so fill our empty hands or else, spent the entire night in the lawn with mosquitoes."

Armaan glares at her and opens his mouth to respond, but Sonia arrives, while announcing, "Your neks are here kids, come here."

Sonia gives an envelope of cash to each cousin and they clear the way to Armaan's room. Armaan raises his eyebrows at his mother, who only shrugs in response.

Nirav walks closer and whispers in Armaan's ear, "Have fun, but don't be loud, we are tired and need good sleep."

Armaan frowns in confusion and Payal along with two more cousins push Armaan towards his room. Then everyone leave while laughing or giggling hilariously and he rolls his eyes in annoyance.

Sonia smiles and turns to leave as Armaan twist the knob of the door to enter.

Armaan's Room

Armaan frowns in confusion to find the room decorated. There are red round shaped scented candles placed at the border of the room with red rose petals scattered on the floor and bed. A sweet, soothing fragrance is lingering in the air, creating a relaxed atmosphere.

Although he soon realises the reason for the decoration and even understands the meaning of Nirav's words and Payal's surprise.

Armaan stares at everything in shock and thinks, 'Damn. I didn't even realise this.'

He glances around and finds Kavya standing near the way, which has his awards in display. Her back is facing him, so she remains oblivious to his presence and watches his achievement with a smile.

Armaan uses this time to find an escape from this situation.

He thinks, 'I cannot confess the truth now, it will be better to confess in Mumbai, so we can discuss without disturbance and take a decision.'

Armaan nods to himself in approval and makes his way towards Kavya. He clears his throat to gain her attention, and she turns around to face him.

Kavya wishes with a smile, "Congratulations for the achievements."

Armaan smiles, while taking a glimpse of his awards and responds after meeting her gaze, "Thank you."

They stand in awkward silence as Armaan plans an escape from this situation. While, Kavya lowers her gaze in shyness and takes a step closer, making him frown in confusion.

He watches keenly as she continues to reduce the distance between them. Then wraps her arms around his waist and places her head on his chest.

Armaan freezes in shock, realising Kavya has hugged him and fails to understand, how to react.

However, he decides to reciprocate, so no doubt develops in her mind now. He lifts his arms and hesitates, before wrapping them around her shoulders, completing the hug.

Kavya closes her eyes and confesses with a smile, "I missed you Armaan."

Her words brings back guilt in Armaan's eyes, as he senses the emotions hidden in her confession. He again fails to understand, how to react and debates with himself to wait or tell the truth now.

Meanwhile, Kavya opens her eyes when she didn't receive a response and slowly breaks the hug to face him.

Armaan observe a hint of sadness in her eyes and his senses denies to confess now. So, he lies, "I missed you too."

Her eyes instantly gleamed at his words and her lips curled up in a beautiful smile, increasing Armaan's guilt. But he clears his throat, pushing away his guilt and takes a step back.

He suggests, "We should sleep. You must be tired after wedding and reception, it was a long day."

Sadness again washes over Kavya's face as she was planning to confess her love to Armaan now, but he wanted to sleep.

Armaan notices her change of expressions and states an excuse to cover-up, "And after we reach Mumbai tomorrow, we will have privacy to spent good time together."

His words replaces the sadness with cheerfulness and she nods in response, agreeing with the idea.

Kavya thinks, 'Maybe saying I love you in Mumbai will be a better idea, after all that will be our home, where we will spend the rest of our life.'

Next Morning

Armaan's Room

Next morning, Armaan and Kavya wake up at the same time due to Armaan's alarm clock. They greet each other and start getting ready for the pagphere ritual, which is the last ritual of their wedding to be held in Kapoor Mansion. Armaan wears a brown suit and Kavya dresses in a golden saree along with gold jewellery.

Living Room, Kapoor Mansion

Armaan and Kavya reach Kapoor Mansion for the ritual. In pagphere, the bride and groom visit bride's home, on the very next day of marriage, for having a meal together. This helps the groom to know his bride's family better and develop a strong bond.

Nimrit, Myra and Ranveer welcome the couple and they settle in the living room. Myra and Ranveer in one couch, Kavya and Nimrit at their left and Armaan at right.

Suddenly Ranveer starts glaring at Armaan and declares bluntly, "I hate you Mr. Armaan Raichand."

Armaan looks at him in shock, though the Kapoor ladies shake their head in disbelief, while the newly turned Raichand lady smiles at her Dad.

Ranveer keeps glaring and accuses Armaan, "I hate you for taking away my first princess and I hate you for making my Queen and both princesses cry yesterday. I hate you even more because I...I cried yesterday."

Armaan realises Ranveer is pulling a childish act and couldn't stop his lips to curl up to a smile. Nimrit and Myra giggle, remembering how he was hiding his tears with silly acts yesterday, while Kavya looks at her father in awe.

Armaan apologises with a smirk, "Sorry, but now your first princess is my wife."

Kavya looks at Armaan in surprise when he plays along with Ranveer and smiles.

Ranveer responds in anger, "That's why I hate you, in fact I hate you to the square of infinity, I hate you to the moon and back, I hate you till my last breathe, I-"

Nimrit cuts him off, "Ranveer enough, stop being childish. Didn't I leave my Dad and home after marrying you? Even my father should hate you."

Armaan supports Nimrit, "True. Uncle you need to be blamed as well."

Ranveer gives him a death glare and turns to Nimrit to accuse her, "How can you take his side? He took away our first princess."

Nimrit raises to her feet and makes way towards Armaan. She takes her seat next to him and places her hand over his shoulder.

Nimrit answers with pride, "Because he is my son."

Armaan stares at Nimrit in shock with her claim, then glances at her hand on his shoulder and again at her.

Nimrit smiles at him and continues to shout at Ranveer to stop acting childish.

But Armaan drowns in his own thoughts. In his lifespan, he has never experienced such playful interaction between his parents. His dad only discussed about business, while his mother talked about her parties and meeting of her social circle.

Armaan shifts his gaze to Ranveer, who now has wrapped his arms around his both daughters, sitting at each side. He feels a hand being wrapped around his arm and learns the hand belong to Nimrit, who is verbally challenging her husband.

Nimrit argues, "I have my son with me."

Ranveer argues back, "Yes, yes, take Armaan's side, I have my both princess with me. Do one thing, you go to Mumbai, I am keeping my princesses with myself."

Nimrit snaps at him, "Ranveer enough now. It's lunch time and they have to leave for Mumbai as well."

Ranveer glares at Armaan and announces, "I still hate this man."

A hilarious chuckle escapes Armaan's mouth and he thinks to play further.

Armaan offers, "How about I postpone my flight and you could spent more time with Kavya and stop hating me?"

Armaan raises his eyebrows at Ranveer, who pretends to think, while Kavya looks at him in surprise. Armaan smiles at her and shifts his gaze back to her father.

Armaan proposes, "Two hours delay."

Ranveer considers, "I will reduce the hatred by 15%."

The three ladies look at the two businessmen in shock as they are negotiating the points, making it a business contract.

Armaan again offers, "We will leave after evening tea."

Ranveer think for a moment and places his offer, "40%."

Armaan shakes his head in disbelief and offers in his usual business tone, "Ok Mr. Kapoor last and final offer. We will stay till dinner and Kavya can use my private plane to visit you anytime she or you wish."

Ranveer's eyes sparkle, hearing Armaan's latest offer and he withdraws his arms from his daughters. He stands and rushes towards Armaan, who raises to his feet.

Ranveer pounces on Armaan to hug, making him laughs, while reciprocating the hug.

The three ladies look at each other in shock and shout at Ranveer in union, "Papa/Ranveer, this is double crossing."

Ranveer breaks the hug and wraps an arm around Armaan's shoulder, while defending himself, "What? He understood my feelings and gave me more time with my first princess. So he deserves a hug."

Nimrit glares at both men and yells, "Backstabbing businessmen."

Armaan chuckles and Ranveer teases with a smirk after taking a step ahead, "Jealous tweety."

Armaan chuckles again and Nimrit accuses, "Traitor."

Ranveer and Nimrit move closer to continue their fight, making their daughters shake their head in disbelief. They stand to stop their parents verbal war.

While Armaan enjoys the argument as it isn't negative or filled with hatred, but full of love, which is making the atmosphere light and healthy.

He watches Ranveer including Myra in his team and Nimrit teams up with Kavya to tease each other with silly comments. This gifts them melodious giggles of their two princesses.

An excitement to participate develops in his senses and he opens his mouth to join the teasing game. But he fails to come up with any comment to enter the playful argument, so he reluctantly stays silent.

Ranveer grabs a cushion and throws at Nimrit, making their daughters' eyes to widen in surprise.

Nimrit yells at him and grabs another cushion to hit Ranveer. But he runs away on time and hides behind Armaan, who gets scared as an angry Nimrit makes way towards them.

Ranveer yells, "Armaan, grab a cushion and throw."

Nimrit warns as she continues to approach them, "Armaan, don't you dare."

The constant yelling of Ranveer and decreasing distance from Nimrit with his inexperience of such situations, makes Armaan grab the nearby cushion.

Ranveer jumps in excitement behind Armaan and Nimrit glares at them, making Armaan shut his eyes and he throws cushion ahead.

Though Nimrit bends down and the cushion hits Kavya, startling her.

Myra starts giggling at her sister's shocked expression and Ranveer complains, "I told you to hit my wife, not yours."

Armaan frowns in confusion and opens his eyes to find Nimrit sitting on the couch. While the cushion is laying near Kavya's feet and he meets her shocked eyes, understanding what happened.

He apologises to Kavya, "Sorry."

Before Kavya can react, Myra starts laughing louder, making her parents join.

Armaan presses his lips to not laugh as Kavya stares at her parents and sister with a sad pout. Though he fails and soon laughs, shocking Kavya further.

She opens her mouth to complain, but Myra starts tickling her, forcefully making her join them in the laughter session.

They continue to laugh as Kavya finally gives in and they throw cushion at each other, including Armaan.

This is the first time Armaan has experienced an actual family atmosphere and couldn't deny, he enjoyed it.

*************

That's all for now.....will update next part as soon as possible.....hope you liked this part, do give your reviews...till then Keep Smiling and Take Care

My contact details:

Wattpad Profile - @WriterAnisha_2307
Email- sweetyanisha2307@gmail.com
Hangout- sweetyanisha2307@gmail.com
Facebook - Anisha (Link - https://www.facebook.com/worldofanisha)
Twitter - worldofanisha
Instagram- Anisha_23_07

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

772K 42.4K 65
β•°β”ˆβž€She is suspense secret Will he solve her? β•°β”ˆβž€She is broken Will he console her Agreement between their parents can make the vows between them suce...
1M 45.7K 60
Standalone Previously known as Emotionally Unavailable Some stories begin after marriage, intertwining two souls that complete one another. Adhiraj...
1.3M 37.9K 41
A story of an Indian girl, a pure and innocent soul, one who finds her happiness in other people's smiles. One who is selfless but fierce. One who lo...
Sweet Souls By Mysticc

General Fiction

11.7K 750 14
Beautiful tale of a hardworking women and a topmost CEO.They know eachother from last 4 years and the only relation they share now is purely professi...