Adopting the Bad Boy

By jade775

When mum and dad sat us down and said they were adopting, me and my two brothers were shocked, we are all in... More

1- Adopting?
2~ Welcome to the family
3~ School
4~What Zach Thinks
5- Run ins with Evil
6- Kisses
7- The "Boyfriend"
8- He punched who!!!
9// "I want to help you"
10//Bad Boy
11//"I have to do this"
12// Stop!
13// "What do you mean she's not in a good place?"
14// Family Night
15// Hospitals
16// "Summer's missing!"
17// Troubled new guy
18// Parting with the New Guy
19// A little game I like to call, Never Have I Ever
20// "I came to Talk to You."
21// What if she doesn't love me back?
22// You are too cute!
24// Let Him go back to His Drugs & Girls
25// I'm sorry, I can't help myself
26// Please put your clothes on!
27// You think you're the only one with a little problem?
28//May I Have This Dance
29// Soon we'll make our baby again
30// The Plan
31// Really Life Is Great
32// Son, We will Get Her Back

23// What is your heart telling you?

930 35 10
By jade775

Summer

~Few days later~

Am I happy?

Yes, of course I am. But how long will my happiness last?

Everyone is faced with complications. For me lately that seems like all the time, but Zach makes that all go away, until my head starts to talk.

He's the bad boy Summer.

It's only a matter of time before he goes back to his player ways.

It's better to stay away.

I try to push all the negative thoughts out of my head but deep down I know it's true, I cant expect Zach to drop everything for me, I ask for to much.

I don't know if I can take another heart break. Especially not from Zach.

I can't lose him.

There are some sacrifices you have to make in life and this might have to be one of mine.

I decide to get out of bed cause there is no chance of falling back asleep. I pick up my phone and the time reads, 5 am. I scoot out of Zach's arms trying not to wake him.

"Summer?" He mutters. Shit.

"Go back to sleep I'm going to the bathroom." I lie and he snuggles into the pillow and in seconds he is back to sleep.

I open my closet and change into long running pants and pull a jumper over my sports bra. I pull up my hair and slip on my joggers before heading downstairs and start jogging.

It's been so long since I've gone for a run.

The cool breeze wakes me up and I pump my legs harder.

I stop and the park a few blocks away and hop on the swings. I don't swing I just sit there and think.

And I watch as the sun rises higher and higher.

"I'm surprised to see you here." A voice comes from behind me and I jump.

"Jesus Noah you scared me." I relax catching my breath from the scare.

"So what are you doing here?" He asks sitting on the other swing.

"I could ask you the same thing." I retort.

"Yeah but I asked first." He smirks.

"I was going for a run and decided to stop at the park. Your turn."

"Not a very good excuse but I can live with it. I come here to think."

"At 5:15am?"

"Your here thinking at 5:15am so why cant I?"

"I never told you I was here to think."

"Yeah I know but I could tell."

"So what you thinking about?" I wonder what could possibly be on his mind.

"Would you answer if I asked you that question?" He raised an eyebrow.

"No."

"Exactly."

"But I mean your Noah you don't seem like anything should be wrong."

"Does it seem like there's anything wrong with Zach when you just look at him?"

"Well no."

"But is there something wrong?"

"Maybe."

"Don't judge a book by it's cover. Zach and I are very much a like."

"Why does it seem like you have the same problems as Zach?"

"Maybe cause I do, maybe worse."

Thoughts start to run through my head.

"No way." I blurt out.

"You're a smart girl Summer." Noah says before getting off the swing and walking away. I don't stop him to ask questions, all I can do it stare wide eyed.

It's all so clear now.

I don't know how I'm only just figuring this out.

~~~~~~~~

Zach's POV

I wake up stretching out my arms and go to wrap them around Summer but she isn't there.

Wait I don't remember her coming back to bed.

Where is she?

I don't know if I should be worried as it's 7am and she wakes up early most mornings anyway.

I lie in bed for about 15 minuets before trekking it downstairs to start my day. I search everywhere for Summer once I get down stairs calling out her name in every room I turn into, but she is no where.

"Shut up Zach some of us are trying to sleep." I hear Greyson shout from the top of the stairs.

"Well I can't find Summer!" I shout back.

"She probably went for a run don't stress." He replies.

I leave it at that agreeing that she probably is on a run, I know it helps clear her head and everything that happened the other day she is probably a little overwhelmed.

I grab a bowl of coco pops and turn the tv on and I flick through Netflix trying to find a decent movie to watch to pass time. I decide on Cars.

I know its a cartoon and I'm meant to be the "bad boy" but I cant help it I love the movie Cars. I'm about 10 minutes into the movie when I press the stop button, this movie brings back to many memories. So many memories of  her it was her  favourite movie and we would watch it together ever chance we got but she was taken and along with her I never watch cars until now. 

Samantha Robinson 

Oh how my heart broke for that girl, it is still broken.

I didn't realise I had been off in my own thoughts for about 20 minutes and Summer still wasn't home I was starting to worry now. 

I try calling her but there is no answer so I have no other choice but to hop in the car and look for her. 

I drive around the streets near where we live before I come across a park where I can see someone on the swings. I can't tell if it's Summer or not so I get out of the car and go closer. As I approach further I can tell for certain it's Summer by her long golden locks that blow slightly in the wind.

"Summer?" I say in almost a whisper.

"Zach?" She says before raising her head.

"What's wrong?" I question not getting any closer.

"What was her name?" She questions. Is she talking about Samantha?

"Samantha." I choke out.

"Her full name."

"Samantha Robinson." In that moment Summer gasps and I think I know why.

"Noah Robinson." 

"Samantha's twin brother." I explain.

"I figured."

"A lot of memories resurfaced when Noah showed up, we used to be best friends but he never approved of me dating his sister." 

"Why didn't you tell me?" 

"I didn't know how. How did you know?"

"Noah showed up this morning at the park and said something about you two having the same problems and then everything added up." 

"Your a smart girl Summer." 

"Not always." She whispers.

"What do you mean?" 

"Your a player Zach, how am I meant to believe that you will change?"

"I don't know how you can believe it, that's up to you. But trust me when I tell you your everything that I need Summer." 

"But I come with so much package Zach more than you might be able to handle." 

"As long as your by my side I can handle anything." 

"My head is telling me to turn around and leave but my heart is telling me whole different thing."

"What's your heart telling you Blue?"

"It's telling me to stay, it's telling me to love and it's telling me to never give up on you." 

"Then stay."

"Yeah stay, I dare you." I hear a new voice a voice that hunts me to this day, A voice that I should never hear again. 

I turn around so fast backing up a little so I'm blocking Summer.

"What are you doing here?" I growl.

"Oh you know, just catching up Zachary." He smirks.

"You shouldn't be here." I shoot.

"And why's that?" He questions.

"Because you should be in jail!" I shout.

"I told you Zach, never underestimate me." He laughs, "But I see you got a new girl? Summer Young, wow that's good for even you." He probably recognises her from magazines and the newspaper.

"Don't you dare touch her." I growl.

"Why should I listen to you?" He smirks again.

"Because if you don't you won't even make it to jail this time."

"Zach?" Summer says, "Who's this guy." 

"No one." I say bluntly.

"Oh you haven't told her?" 

"I've told her." I say never breaking eye contact even though it killed me.

"NO WAY!" I hear from behind me , but it doesn't come from Summer. This is just never ending. "What the hell do you think you're doing here? You should be locked away, if it was my choice you would be bloody dead!"

"Ahhh Noah how nice of you to join our reunion." 

"Marcus I am warning you to leave right now." Noah threatens.

"What are you going to do?" 

"Kill you." Noah says so calmly.

"What, just like I killed your sister?" Marcus teases.

"No, I would make you suffer." Noah spits.

If you haven't picked up by now, Marcus killed Samantha, he was my foster father and became obsessed with ruining my life. We sent him to jail for killing her but he is out and I don't know how, he was sentenced to life with no bail. 

So the only explanation for him being here right now is he had someone on the inside that let him out.

"Who's the inside man?" I throw out 

"Always the smart one Zach." Marcus chuckles.

"I'm sorry but can we get this over and done with I want to go home." Summer buts in.

"Hear the Zach your precious Summer wants to go home." Marcus coos.

"Ok big guy back off! I for one don't bloody care who you are and yes you have killed people, it doesn't faze me, you don't scare me." Summer steps forward shouting at Marcus.

"Are you underestimating me Summer?" Marcus smirks.

"No, I think your underestimating me." She laughs, "I was born into a wealthy family remember that, I can destroy you." She threatens.

"She's a keeper Zach. To bad I'm going to have to take her soon." 

"Go to hell!" Summer screams before grabbing my hand and leading me away from Marcus towards the car. 

Thats when I notice she is also dragging Noah along as well.

"What the hell was that Summer?" I question once we are on our way to drop off Noah.

"That was me showing that Marcus dude who's boss. I don't care what he is capable of he won't touch me." Summer says.

"But what if he does? What happens then? I was never afraid of him because I thought he was gone forever, but he's back and I don't know how to protect you." I whisper the last part.

"I have plenty people protecting me Zach, your the one who needs protection, he's main goal is you after all." What if she's right? 

What if Marcus is erasing everyone from my life so he can just have me.

What if I can make this easier for everyone?

~~~~~~~

Thoughts? Hope you guys enjoyed, I love you all.

please comment and vote xx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

424K 11.7K 35
"So?" He looked confused. "She's y- your-" I gulped. "My what Aurora?!" He exclaimed angrily. I jumped. "Don't raise your voice at me! She's your dau...
354K 7.9K 39
Haley Jacobs is not your typical teenager. Her once perfect life, long gone. She has gone through hell and back, and is barely hanging on by a thr...
9.9K 345 88
| COMPLETE | [this is the first draft of my story. so, if there's grammatical mistakes and continuity errors, i apologize and i will be editing in th...
3.5M 123K 49
(Previously known as Mr vs Miss Delinquent) Dylan, turned to me slowly before kneeling and collecting my books, when he stood back up he was welcomed...