Only Time Can Tell

By AkineHimekawa

"I didn't get to have my dad." Sarada said angrily. "My dad missed out on all of my childhood. Your dad is th... More

WITH INTEREST
MY SON
UNDERSTAND ME
FIGHT
SINK
SCREAM
COURAGE
AUNT NEJI
HOLE
THE SCROLL
MONSTER
RINGING
BRIEF NOTE
FLESH WOUND
INFECTION
CLUELESS
A VOICE LIKE ICE
SILVER
HOW
WHY
BRIGHTEST SMILE
PROUD
1K SHOUTOUTS
CRY
RECAP CHAPTER
BE BRAVE
STRONGER
FAILURE
CAN YOU IMAGINE
DO NOT GIVE IN
SHOULD HAVE BEEN YOU
A/N: AW YOU GUYS
LOST
GRIEF
CONFRONTATION
OROCHIMARU
NOW...I'M GONE
TO LIVE
I'LL KILL HIM
BLINDED
DREAMS
MANGEKYOU
PAINTING
HELL
RECAP PART 2!!!
OIL AND WATER
TOMATOES
UCHIHA
FAMILY
JUST A DREAM
HOKAGE
HEAL
ANOTHER ADVENTURE
LEGEND
ROAD TO FILLERS
POSSIBLE
TEASER 1
BAD INFLUENCE
RETURN
NEXT BOOK!!!
ANOTHER UCHIHA
ANOTHER UCHIHA: PAIN AND LOVE
ANOTHER UCHIHA: STUBBORN STRENGTH
MARKS OF LOVE
MOONLIT GUILT
BROKEN
STUPID
TEASER 2
BACHELOR
MOVING
POCKETS
TEASER 3
DEEPER WOUNDS
OTCT SOUNDTRACK!!!
A MOTHER'S LOVE: TEASER 3
OLD PATHS
SHE IS MY PRIVILEGE

RUNNING OUT OF TIME

750 39 16
By AkineHimekawa

FILLER 12

RUNNING OUT OF TIME

BORUTO UZUMAKI

3 YEARS LATER

I still think about her. More than I'm willing to admit. I tell myself that I've moved on, I mean, it's been three years, we're both nineteen! She's seen other people too...I mean...if Metal Lee even counts...It was half a day and on a favor to her mother no less, but that was a sad day for me, even if I knew Metal Lee's chances with her were slim to none...I couldn't stand to see myself. I'm still taller than her, maybe even three inches now. I talked to her not long after I saw her that day after we broke up. It was really awkward at first and missions were tougher but we're pretty good friends now. Sarada's a jonin. Can you believe it? I'm still a chuunin, but I'm looking forward to my next opportunity to catch up to her. I guess that's where I've been all this time...catching up to her.

"Are you having a sentimental moment?"

"Huh?" I turn to see Hima peeking through the crack in my doorway.

"You look like you're questioning human existence, sitting their slouched like that." I sighed. She may be 17 now, but it's like she's still 12.

"Kind of."

"I see. Probably over some girl." Hima winked through the door.

"I bet you have plenty of moments when you're thinking about Inojin, eh?"

"Well sure, that happens when you're thinking about someone you love." Hima shrugged. They had been going out for a few months now. It still bothers me. Inojin, one of my closest friends...dating my sister?! Believe me, we had words.

"What do you want?"

"Sasuke-sama is downstairs waiting for you."

"Huh?" I say jolting off my bed. "How long has he been waiting?!"

"How long have you been sulking?" Hima teases. I rip the door open bonking her right in the forehead, she falls right on her butt.

"Move, idiot!"

"Training takes all priority, huh?" Hima winces rubbing her forehead with her palms. I rush down the stairs, half falling down a few of them. Master Sasuke has really been one of my escapes. He was able to overlook what I did to Sarada with time, he even told me that he wasn't always the best with talking to girls either, but if I mentioned Sarada to him he would instantly tense up and glare at me with those terrifying eyes. I no longer had the right to talk about her.

I blinked when I saw him sitting on the couch next to my dad, smiling as my dad continued to make a huge fool of himself. "You should have seen Shikamaru's face-" My dad was laughing. "It was like when Temari-"

"Master Sasuke..." I murmured watching them. Sasuke looked up at me, Chikara climbing up on his shoulder. "You uh, didn't tell me you were coming." Sasuke rubbed his son's pink hair, ruffling it into random tufts.

"Do I have to announce myself? A ninja is prepared."

"Yeah, how many times have you been prepared in your life?" I mutter as I make it down the last few stairs.

"Bo-chan!" Chikara smiles at me, his dark eyes locked on mine.

"Hey, Chikara." I smile back at him.

"Papa said I could come with him today."

"I see that. Have you gotten bigger since I last saw you?" I grinned. Chikara took a moment to stare at his fingers, then, with some effort he raised three of them and showed me.

"I'm three!"

"Oh wow, congratulations! You're really growing up!" I smiled. Was I ever that small?

His eyes went unfocused for a moment and then he blinked meeting my eyes again. "Papa says you're a...um...a ba....a baka!"

"Did he?" I sigh. '

Sasuke smirks at me. "Yes, I did."

"What did I do this time?"

"Well...you've been requested five times, by your own father to go on a solo mission, why haven't you answered any of them? Numerous invitations from the anbu and police force...You're an adult now Boruto, one of these days you're going to need to feed yourself. What do you have planned?"

"Well...I denied them all because Dad was being so annoying about it." Dad turned around and frowned at me. "What?! It's true. But I'm not sure what I want to do..."

"You're fairly skilled, you've gotten very high marks on all of the missions you've completed and your jutsu talents have drawn the attention of pretty much every organization in the village. You've got lots of options."

"Yeah, like you've got shio ramen, and shoyu ramen, and miso ramen, and tonkotsu-"

"Naruto." Sasuke sighed. "We're all aware of your knowledge of noodles, it's something that has actually managed to penetrate that thick skull of your's. But this isn't the same. A bowl of ramen does not change your life's direction."

"Well...that could be argued...." Dad pouted slouching back on the couch. "Ya know...you could always try to be Hokage if you wanted..." Dad grinned back at me.

"Not a chance." I said immediately. "That's your thing. Not mine." My dad sighed.

"Hima!" I heard mom call from upstairs. "Inojin's headed this way!" I heard the pounding of Hima's feet as she raced down the hall and down the stairs, running past me.

"In a hurry?" I teased.

"You wouldn't get it away." Hima smirked as she passed. She whipped open the front door and ran down the street in her bare feet. She's right...I may never understand her. Or how she feels about Inojin.

I heard the sound of someone mumbling. I looked back at Sasuke who had his eyebrows raised like he had asked my a question and I hadn't responded. "Uh...huh?"

"I said..." Sasuke sighed. "You've got to stay focused and find something that fits you. Do you have any ideas that you want to pursue specifically?"

"Uh..." It's weird...having him talk to me like this. LIke a guidance counselor not a strict sensei which is what he's like most of the time. He must be in a good mood today. "Maybe Anbu? The police thing is too pompous and is full of figureheads...it would probably be boring. There's no way I'm just gonna sit in a chair all of my life."

Sasuke glared at me suddenly. "You do realize that the police force used to be primarily under Uchiha control?"

"Yeah, it was probably cool back then but now...the Hyuuga have just made it boring." I thought for a moment. "I could probably be a sensei too...but I'm not good with kids..."

"Yes you are, Bo-chan!"

"Hn?"

"You are, you are, you are!" Chikara chanted jumping up and down. "I like you, Bo-chan. Even if you are a...a baka!" He shouted proudly.

"Looks like he's getting Sasuke's vocabulary." My mother smiled from in the stairway as she made her way to the couch, snuggling up close to my dad.

"I don't know..."

"You could try an apprenticeship if you wanted. I know that Daichi has been looking for a good apprentice to reel your sister in."

"You think I can do that?" I huffed. "Yeah...like that's even possible. For anyone!" Besides mom. Mom does a pretty great job when it comes to talking with Himawari. It's impressive. "I'll look into it." I sigh. "Why are you so worried about this all the sudden?"

Sasuke turned away from me. "Well...Sarada is moving out this weekend. I thought that you would be doing the same soon." That hit me hard in the stomach. Getting home cooked meals was the best, and your room wasn't always a mess, and you always had a human alarm if your alarm clock malfunctioned. Even if Himawari had a habit of ruining my mornings, moving out was something that somehow hadn't crossed my mind.

"Oh wow....good for her." She's independent. One of these days she gonna find a guy and settle down, get a real job...maybe even fulfill her dream of being Hokage, and have a family. Would I even see her anymore?

"Yeah...well at least we've still got this guy stuck in the nest for a while longer." Sasuke said bouncing Chikara around who squealed happily. "She's really excited I think." His eyes met mine and stayed eerily long. "One of these days she's gonna get married, you know?"

"Uh...sure." I looked away from him. Why is he saying this?!

"If anybody...wanted to get a hold of her....you know...she's 3 blocks north of the Uchiha compound...if anybody ever needed to say anything..." I turned my head widening my eyes in horror at what he was insinuating but he was focused on Chikara. Did I imagine him saying that?

"Good...to know..." I said awkwardly. "Was there anything else you wanted to talk to me about Master Sasuke?" I said quickly moving the subject away from Sarada.

"That was all." Sasuke said throwing Chikara up into the air and standing up to catch him in his arms leaving the couch. He walked towards me and towards the door. A cool breeze overwhelmed me. "You know you're running out of time, right?" His voice said coldly. His eyes locked on mine for just a millisecond. "Don't do anything stupid." His voice chopped off leaving my body hollow. Whoa...

"Baka, baka, baka! Baka, baka, baka!" Chikara cheered as the door opened and they left. I'm running out of time?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

138K 2.8K 26
"I forgive you." Boruto was shocked. "On one condition." "Of course." "You said you would do anything, right?" Sarada asked already knowing the answe...
42.9K 1.6K 58
[[COMPLETED]] Naruto Uzumaki was living his life, he had wealth, health, fame and pretty much everything like having a son and a daughter named Borut...
26.2K 362 32
She had pain in her eyes as she jumped through the forest. Her clothes ripped and her whole body covered in bruises and wounds. Holding tears back as...
27K 451 45
Something is changing in Boruto, something even he couldn't understand. In his teen years, Boruto Uzumaki has grown interested in creating new Jutsu...