Black Rose

By -starsailor

"she was a rose in the hands of those who had no intention of keeping her." - Rupi Kaur. Started: August 6, 2... More

Prelude.
1.
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
10.
11.
12.
13.
14.
15.
16.
17.
18.
19.
20.
21.
22.
23.
24.
25.
26.
27.
28.
29.
30.
31.
32.
33.
34.
36.
37.
38.
39.
40.
41.
42.
43.
44.
45.
46.
47.
48.
49.
50.
51.
52.
53.
54.
55.
Postlude.
New Book.

35.

8K 439 656
By -starsailor

Majesty A. Turner

"Uno out!" I threw my cards down and took the candy I had won.

After leaving the beach we returned to our villa, showered, ate and now we're playing Uno for whatever reason.

"I'm tired of you always winnin'." Alex groaned as he rolled his eyes.

I laughed and pinched his cheek since he was pouting. "Let's make this fun." I suggested.

He cocked an eyebrow and took a sip of his beer. "How?"

I tapped my chin as if I were in deep thought. I already knew what I wanted, but if I up and said it he would know that I've been thinking about it a lot lately. I've been thinking about since the day I found out.

"If I win you have to take me to one of your fights." I smiled in victory as I collected our cards and shuffled them to the best of my ability.

"And if I win?" He raised an eyebrow as a small grin played on his lips.

I shrug. "Whatever you want."

"Aight." He chuckled and pulled at his goatee. Alex licked his lips as he 'slickly' looked down my, well his, shirt. "If I win you're going to be face down and ass up so I can bust that pussy wide open."

I couldn't hold back the loud laugh that left my lips. It's obvious he isn't taking this seriously, but c'mon now!

Only a few more minutes until midnight and we're still playing this very intense game of Uno. I placed my second to last card down, which wasn't anything fancy. "Uno." I held my card over my mouth as I watched Alex's eyes look up from his two card and at me.

"Uno." He spoke as he placed his draw four card out. "Uno out." He smirked in victory as he placed another draw four.

I held back my laugh and placed my last card down. "Uno out, draw twelve baby boy."

"Fuck!" Alex yelled before hitting all the cards, making them fly in my face and elsewhere. "You're cheating!" He laughed. "Now I'm horny and ain't got shit to do."

I chuckled and crawled over the stack of cards and sat sideways on his lap. Alex looked almost crosseyed as he intently stared down at me. "I don't see why we both can't get what we wanted." I gave a small shrug and watched as a small smile spread across his face.

"Happy birthday baby girl." He mumbled against my lips as the clock hit midnight. "I love you."

I returned the kiss and wrapped my legs around his waist as he hovered over me. "I love you too."

At this moment I don't even care if we have sex on the floor on top of these Uno Cards.

Morning rolled around quickly. I still managed to get eight hours of sleep despite what took place after twelve. Rolling to my side, my eyes squint at the clock that read 10:43 a.m. My hand covered my mouth as I let out a quiet yawn. I looked down to see Alex's head laying on my bare stomach. He held the TV remote in his hand, but quiet snores left his lips.

How is he sleeping longer than me if he fell asleep first?

My sleepy eyes tried to focus on the scientific documentary that was on the TV. Although I've grown a hatred for science, this was actually interesting. We don't even look at the real sun. We see the light the rays casted eight minutes ago. How is this possible? We'll never know..

And the stars, oh the lovely stars... they aren't actually in the sky. We're seeing the light the stars gave off a billion years ago. The light we see are from stars that have lived lifetimes ago. Unfortunately we will never see the light from the stars in our lifetime. Someone down our line will, but not us. That is if Earth still exist in a billion years...

When God decides to destroy the world, maybe it'll be brought back. Will all our history be gone? Most of it. What if there was a world before our existence? What if humans were on the planet before us? What if the Africans made it to America first? What if the white people were slaves? What if we were superior. And what if once time went on and the whites were free, us black people didn't look at them as if they were inferior to us. What if we were all really equal?

How would the world be if Africans made it to the continent first? Would it be the same as it is today, just reversed? Or would we have a heart and make us all equal? Would we all be treated the same and have a fair shot at everything?

My thoughts were interrupted by my phone ringing loudly. I nearly jumped out of my skin but quickly pressed the green accept button so Alex wouldn't be rudely awoken. He turned his face so now his right cheek was on my stomach instead of his left one.

"Hello?" I practically whispered into my phone.

"Happy birthday poop butt." My father's voice echoed through the speaker. "My oldest daughter is twenty-two, wow."

I was taken back when he said 'oldest daughter'. Usually it's 'only daughter', but I forgot they replaced me.

"Thanks.." I found myself not having anything to say. What do you say to your father who lied to you for years?

"I was thinking about coming down to New York with your mom and sister." He broke the awkward silence.

I took the phone away from my ear and stared at it with my face scrunched up before placing it back to my ear. "Don't even bother." I chuckled bitterly. "If you actually attempted to talk to me you would know that I'm not even in the states."

"Not in the states?" I could hear the confusion in his voice. "What do you mean Majesty?"

Before I could even respond my phone was snatched from my grasp. Alex now had my phone pressed to his ear. "She's in Thailand with her husband nigga."

And with that said he hung up.

"Alex!" I snatched my phone from him. I may be mad at my dad, but hanging up on him...? Really?! "Why would you do that?!"

He rolled his eyes to the back of his bead before sitting up. "The fuck you mad for?" Alex shook his head as he made his way towards the bathroom. "Be talking mad shit bout 'em but you mad I hung up on him? I was tryna protect you. Unappreciative ass."

I cocked my head back and stared at him as he entered the bathroom. "Unappreciative? Who the hell are you talking to Alexander? I'm no where near unappreciative!" I stood up from the bed and went inside the bathroom. I stood right behind him as he brushed his teeth. Alex looked at me through the mirror with a mug on his face. I folded my arms across my chest and glared right back at him. "Did you like lose your memory or something?"

He spit in the sink before wiping his mouth and looking at me though the mirror once again. "Back up Majesty."

I took a step forward.

"Take two giant steps back man." He turned around so we were now face to face. "I'm not playing with you."

I furrowed my eyebrows and threw my hands up. "No one is playing!" I shouted. "You're always so damn rude for no reason!"

"First of all," he took a step closer to me causing me to back up some, "don't yell at me lil girl. I-"

"Lil girl?" I laughed in disbelief. "I'm twenty two. I'm grown."

"You're fucking six years younger than me, your ass is a lil girl to me."

My hands pushed at his chest, but he only stumbled back a little. "Then why'd you marry me?" I pushed him once again. "Why'd you marry this little girl them huh?!" I pushed his chest once again, but this time harder. He nearly fell but caught himself.

A small whimper left my lips when Alex backed me up into the wall roughly. He tightly held my arms over my head.

"Don't touch me Anne." He spat.

"Then don't call me a fucking little girl when I'm grown! If you think I'm a little girl then why did you marry me?! Huh?!"

I was beyond furious. How can he call me a little girl when I'm I actually grown. It's not like I'm eighteen... I am actually grown. Legal. Legal to drink. I may not be able to rent a car, but the U.S. have stupid laws.

What a way to start off my birthday morning..

He chuckled deeply, meeting my eyes. "So you couldn't leave so easily."

Rolling my eyes, I get out of his grip and enter he bedroom. "You're such a liar."

"Believe what you want baby girl."

I brushed my teeth and got dressed in the guest bedroom. Alexander was pushing my buttons. All I asked for was a peaceful day but he wants to start petty arguments.

Maybe marrying someone I've only known for almost five months was a bad idea? We married after only two months of being associated.

And let's not forget he has bipolar one and post traumatic stress disorder..

A sigh left my lips as I placed my face in my hands. I can't get mad at him so easily. I can't hold things over him knowing his mental state. What kind of wife am I? A terrible one.

I slowly made my way outside as I heard a horn honk. I remember last night Alex said he already have some things planned for my birthday so we'd be leaving by noon. I was greeted by the driver as I got in the backseat. I returned the kind gesture and waited for Alex to join me, which didn't take long. He was out within a minute. As soon as he slid in the backseat I could smell his wonderful cologne. No matter how bad our arguments get, I can never stay angry at him.

My eyes observed his side profile as the driver began to pull off. Alex kept his head forward, trying not to look at me. I know he feel my eyes on him. I know he wants to look at me also... I can tell by the smile he's trying to bite back.

"I'm sorry baby." I placed my hands on his cheek, turning his face towards mine. I waited for him to apologize also since we both were in the wrong. But I'm sorry never left his lips.. "You forgive me?"

"I forgive you baby." He closed the small space between us by locking his lips with mine. I felt my cheeks heat up when he bit and tugged on my bottom lip while slowly pulling away.

The ride to wherever we were going was fairly quiet besides the low traditional music playing. Everything here is so beautiful and different than what I usually see. Seeing new things is always fun. Traveling in general is fun. Staying in one spot forever because you're scared to fly is such a coward move. How can you be fine with being in one place for the rest of your life?

I hopped out of the jeep with Alex's help. He held my hand tightly as I took in the scenery before us. Green was everywhere. We were surrounded by trees and other plants, but I could hear the waves crashing on the shore nearby. But where is the ocean? I could also hear the melodic sound of a waterfall.

As soon as I stepped out of the jeep the man pulled off. Furrowing my eyebrows, I caught a small attitude. "Well alrighty then."

Alex placed his hands on my biceps, pulling me closer to him. He kissed my pouty lips, making a small smile form on my lips. "Happy birthday Maj." He mumbled. "You know I didn't mean any of that shit I said earlier, right?"

I shrugged. "I-I don't know.." My smile was now replaced with a frown. "When you called me a little girl it did hurt me. Do you really think I'm a little girl Alexander?" My words came out shaky as he squeezed my hands. "A-and your reason for marrying me, is that true?"

Did he really marry me just so I couldn't get away so easily?

"Shit just comes out my mouth when I'm mad." He sighed. "But c'mon." He began to walk and pulled me along with him. "We have some stuff to do."

A small part of me believed what he said earlier, but the bigger part of me wanted to believe that he just said it to hurt my feelings. However, I went with my second thought...

I hummed a song that has been stuck in my head since this morning as Alex and I strolled down the path. After five minutes of walking I could now smell and feel the water in the air. I followed Alex as he stepped around a log and into an open space. I carefully did the same, but gasped loudly when I saw the view in front of me. A beautiful light blue waterfall was falling over rocks and into the bigger body of water. Elephants stood under the waterfall and off to the side, enjoying the cool water. Some of them blew water on each other with their trunks, but that was only the small ones who I assume are children.

I slightly jumped when I heard elephants trumpet, but it wasn't coming from in front of us.. Turning around, I fixed my gaze on the woman who was riding one elephant. Another elephant followed closely behind her until they reached Alex and I.

"Good morning Mr and Mrs. Turner." She spoke in a heavy accent. "And happy birthday Mrs. Turner."

A small smile formed on my lips. "Thank you."

She climbed off of the humongous elephant and stood by it, rubbing its trunk. "This is Rose, she's an Asian elephant." She explained with a small smile as she rubbed her trunk. I can tell she loves elephants just by the way she's looking at them. "The Asian elephants are endangered, unfortunately. There are less than 30,000 left in the whole world. Here in Thailand there are around 3,000 to 4,000 elephants. Around half of them are domesticated, the remainder of them are protected in national park reserves."

"Only 30,000?" I shook my head in disappointment. "Woooow.."

"Unfortunately." She sighed. "Hunters illegally kill them for their tusks."

How can people be so cruel? The human race is just so.. Ugh. Sometimes I feel ashamed to call myself a human.

"Anyways," she chuckled, "I'm Isra. I'll be your 'tour guide' for the morning." She clasped her hands together with a warm smile on her face. "Majesty you'll be taking Rose. Alexander you're welcomed to ride with her or you can ride on Wally."

I turned towards Alex, waiting for him to reply. He looked at me for a split second before diverting his attention to Isra.

"I'll take Wally." He ran his tongue over his bottom lip.

After fifteen minutes we were finally riding on our elephants through the water. I held on tightly since it felt so bumpy. I was scared for my life, but I was also enjoying this at the same time.

The smell of the salt infested ocean was actually delightful. The sound of the tiny waves were music to my ears. Although we were quite a distance from the waterfall, I could still hear it. I could still hear the small body of water falling into the larger body of water.

Isra was a few feet in front of me while Alex and I rode side by side.

I could stay in this moment forever.

Never have I ever thought that I would ride an elephant. An elephant in Thailand in the ocean!

Thirty minutes later we were back in our original spot near the waterfall.

"Wait," I laughed as I shoved my phone in Alex's hand. "Just take a picture of me and Rose really quick, I want to remember this."

I did a few poses before saying goodbye to Isra and the elephants. Alex and I now sat in the back of a jeep as I went through the photos he took.

"This is the only decent one." I showed him the picture he took.

"You suck at taking pictures. Your thumb was in most of them. The ones your thumb wasn't in, the picture was blurry!"

Alex mushed my head playfully, causing me to roll my eyes. "Be happy I took them."

Placing my makeup brush down, I leaned in closer to the mirror admiring my makeup. For someone who didn't like nor wear makeup, I did a pretty good damn job! When I do wear makeup I like to make it look like I'm not. I hate when girls cake their faces.

"Aaaaaaand..." I dragged my word out as I put the clear lipgloss on my lips, "perfect!"

"Babe!" Alex shouted from somewhere in the villa.

I placed my lipgloss down and peeked out of the bathroom door. "Yes?!" I shouted back.

When he didn't reply, I huffed and flicked the lights off, knowing he wanted me to come to him. As I made my way to the bedroom door I saw my phone vibrating with an incoming call from my dad. Instead of stopping and answering it, I kept walking. Departing the bedroom, I slowly made my way down the stairs and to the kitchen where I saw Alex at. He was sitting on the counter with a glass of Patrón mixed with lemonade in one of his hands. My eyes quickly diverted from him, to his drink, and finally the three white powder lines on the counter.

"Come here." He motioned for me to step closer with a small head nod. I hesitated before forcing my feet to move so I could stand between his legs. Him surrounded by alcohol and drugs isn't what I wanted to see today. "Here." He put the glass to my lips. I wrapped my two small hands around the cold glass, taking a small sip of it. When I tried to hand Alex his glass back he pressed the brim of it to my lips and tilted the glass back, forcing me to drink more. He did it in one swift movement catching me off guard. I gulped harshly which caused slight pain in my throat. "I drew this for you... I know it's not much but-"

I took the piece of paper out of his hands. My eyes widened at how good his drawing was. "I love it, thank you Alexander."

He grinned as I kissed his cheek. "Wanna do some lines before we hit up the casino?" He didn't even wait for my answer, he handed me a one hundred dollar bill.

My hands shook as I rolled the bill up. Pushing my anxiety to the back of my mind, I hunched over the countertop and placed the bill close to my right nostril. My index finger held my left nostril down as I snorted the white powder. Once I did the one line I thought I was finished since there were only three, but Alex informed me that he only has one and I have two. I guess that's a perk of it being my birthday.

My body and mind felt at ease when I finished the second line. Alex quickly did his before hopping off the counter and leading me to the front door. I nearly tripped over my two feet stepping into the black BMW he rented for the night.

My eyes remained shut as Alex drove down the dark streets. When I would first get high off of coke it would be a pain in the ass, but it still felt good. Now all I feel are the good side effects. It's as if the negativity no longer comes with it. The only thing is that I sometimes feel nauseous and also this isn't good for my heart. But so what? I'm getting my surgery next week thanks to my husband.

I glanced over at Alex as he put the car in park. Instead of getting out right away, like he usually does, he dug around in his pocket. "Want one?" I squinted and looked at the orange see through pill bottle he was holding. Pursing my lips, I shook my head no. Two lines are enough for me right now. "Suit yourself." He shrugged before popping two pills in his mouth.

We both exited the car. The bright lights from the sign of the casino/club caused me to squint. I clutched onto Alex's arm, making him slow down. He looked down at me with low eyes. He also had bags forming under them already.

"Take a selfie with me, I want to remember this vacation."

Alex didn't even argue or anything. I hate having to convince someone to take a picture. Especially people who are insecure, yet so beautiful.

Taking my phone out, I slid up for the camera app. I only had to snap one photo.

I laughed quietly as I stared at the picture. Alex looked so gone.

Once we made it inside Alex dragged me to a table full of people. He pulled me on his lap and held his deck of cards close to his face. I have no idea what game he and the other males and females were playing but it consisted of cards and chips. Alex must've been winning because he kept collecting other people's chips.

Resting my head on his shoulder, I became bored of watching him play.

"One more game baby." Alex whispered in my ear.

One game turned into five. Out of those five games he somehow won four of them. He won over $10,000.

I only played a couple casino games. I didn't want to lose all my money in a foreign country.

Alex plopped down in a chair in front of a stage and pulled me on his lap. His hands squeezed my sides as I observed the room we were in. On the stage were multiple poles. The lights dimmed as a spotlight shined on stage. A Thai woman came on stage and slowly swung around the pole. She was slim thick. And that surprised me because I haven't seen any think Thai women since I've been here.

More women came out, but not on stage. They walked around passing out drinks and giving men lap dances. One woman walked over to Alex and I and placed her hands on the arms of the cushioned chair. Her breasts were all in my face as she danced. I cocked my head back until she turned around and eventually gave me a lap dance. Alex took my hands forcing me to slap her butt. I laughed and tried to fight it, but he was too strong.

"Put some money in the string of her thong." Alex spoke in my ear over the loud American rap music.

I furrowed my eyebrows. "What thong?"

I didn't even realize she was wearing a thong. It looks as if she wasn't wearing anything!

I hurriedly put a twenty dollar bill in the strap of her panties and enjoyed the rest of the lap dance she gave me. After awhile I got used to it.

I find it weird that they're playing American music. It seems as if a lot of foreign countries play American music even if they speak a different language.

Work, work, work, work, work, work
She said me haffi
Work, work, work, work, work, work!
She see me do mi
Dirt, dirt, dirt, dirt, dirt, dirt!

Alex held my hips as I backed my butt up on him. I'm not the one to dance in public, but after a few drinks in my system... that's a whole other story. Especially when PARTYNEXTDOOR is on.

So me put in
Work, work, work, work, work, work
When you ah guh
Learn, learn, learn, learn, learn
Nuh cyar if you
Hurt, hurt, hurt, hurt, hurting.

Alex groaned when he felt I had stopped twerking on him. The song had suddenly changed to a song in a different language.

Instead of just standing in the middle of the floor looking confused, we went to the bar and ordered four shots. After my two shots I leaned on Alex for support. I couldn't even tell if my eyes were opened or closed.

"I-I'm horny." I hiccuped and giggled at the same time.

"Let's get you outta here then."

Omniscient.

Majesty felt her body being lifted up on her two feet but she didn't have the strength to stand because of all the shots she had taken. Alex caught her and scooped her up in his arms as she nearly fell on her face.

The quiet ride back to their villa flew by to Majesty since she slept for most of it. She didn't really plan on drinking or doing drugs during this vacation, but things happen... right?

"I gotchu." Alex mumbled as he threw her body over his shoulder and headed towards the front door.

In return, she mumbled inaudible words as he carried her up the stairs and placed her in the chair that was in the bedroom.

Majesty's eyes fluttered shut as she threw her head back. All the alcohol in her system made her feel weak, as if she couldn't hold her own weight up.

"Here baby."

Cracking her eyes opened to slits, she tried to get adjusted to the light before studying Alex. He held a needle in his hand that was full of liquid. Majesty didn't know what it was, but Alex knew. And he knew how careful he had to be with this drug.

"N-no more." His wife slurred lowly, not even sure if he could understand her. She could barely understand herself.

She's so vulnerable right now. So defenseless.

Alexander took a few steps closer to her and flicked the needle with his index finger. Majesty's eyes remained half shut as she watched Alex. If she could move she would get away from her husband, but silly her... she drunk too much.

A quiet gasp left her lips when Alex stuck the needle in her arm, injecting the Demerol into her bloodstream.

He took his wife's face between one of his hands, studying her. She seemed to look the same to him. She did look the same, but she did not feel the same. "One more.." He murmured to himself.

Majesty mumbled a few words that he could not understand. But she knew what she was saying. She was saying that she could hardly breathe. But did Alexander know that? No. Did he care? No.

After injecting more Demerol into her system, she was out of it.

Alex dropped the needle and smiled down at his wife. "Don't it feel good baby?" He laughed like a mad man as he put her on the bed, stripping her free of her clothing. Before he could even get naked he noticed that Majesty wasn't moving. "Majesty?" He furrowed his eyebrows and placed his fingers under he nose. He felt no air being blown on out on his fingers, but he didn't panic.

Instead of checking her pulse, he got naked. He got naked and opened her legs, sliding inside of her despite the fact that she's currently unresponsive.

Alexander thrusted in and out of Majesty for what felt like forever until he reached his high. Once he was finished with her he cleaned himself and threw his clothes back on.

"Wake up Maj." He mumbled as he lightly slapped her face.

She laid naked with no sign of movement.

He finally decided to check her pulse, something he should've done right after he injected the heavy dosages into her body. Once he couldn't find a pulse, he began to freak out.

"Shit!" He cursed as he searched the room for his phone. "I can't get convicted for murder!"

Fortunately, he found his phone and called the emergency forces.

"Y-yeah my wife is unresponsive." He stuttered out while staring down at her body.

"Calm down sir." The woman tried to comfort Alex since he made himself cry. "What happened? And where are you?"

"I don't know.." He trailed off. "I took a shower and came back and realized she wasn't breathing. I thought she was just sleep but-"

"Where are you?" She cut him off mid-sentence.

Once Alex told her their whereabouts she informed him that help would be at their villa very soon.

Alex hurriedly cleaned Majesty up and put her clothes back on. He silently prayed that he wouldn't be the prime suspect for the crime he committed.

Yet, he doesn't know what the crime is exactly. He doesn't know if his wife is just unresponsive or if she's actually gone.

• • •

Don't hate me. 😩

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.1M 99.8K 31
π™π™π™š π™§π™žπ™œπ™π™© π™€π™£π™š. π™π™žπ™œπ™π™© π™₯π™‘π™–π™˜π™š, π™§π™žπ™œπ™π™© π™©π™žπ™’π™š.
47.3K 1.1K 24
Chacidity is different from most girls from the hood. She ain't as naive and she is school smart. Chacidity meets up with True a well known DrugKing...
144K 12.4K 118
I knew that she looked familiar, but I just couldn't put my finger on it. Started on 5/31/16 Completed 12/6/16 100k on 2/3/17
530K 13.6K 67
Essence is a girl who recently turned seventeen. In her eyes , her world is falling apart. She lost both parents in the tragic 9/11 plane crash, she...