The Kept Secret (Slowly Editi...

By embrace_passion

You can never escape from your secret When Lilly Dunn found herself pregnant after a drunken one-night stand... More

The Kept Secret
Chapter 2: Secret is Born
Chapter 3: Making Changes
Chapter 4: Morning Lies lead to Death
Chapter 5: Goodbye
Chapter 6: The Talk
Chapter 7: You Are My Life
Chapter 8: Living Arrangements
Chapter 9: Circling Around Feelings
Chapter 10: Taking a Chance on Family
Chapter 12: Feelings
Chapter 13: The Proposal
Chapter 14: Affair
Chapter 15: Always there to help
Chapter 16: Bath Massage
Chapter 17: Girl's Night
Chapter 18: Drunken Lust or Love
Chapter 19: True Feelings Revealed
Chapter 20: Deadly Love
Chapter 21: Visions of the Future
Epilogue
A Secret Hiding Place
It's Up
Revising
¿Mini Story¿

Chapter 11: Unforgiving

96.8K 2.7K 493
By embrace_passion

(Unedited, 2nd draft)

Chapter 11: Unforgiving

Waking up in Chance's arms the next morning was more smooth and relaxing than I thought it to be. Opening my eyes, I came to face Chance and me cuddle together, throw my bedroom mirror that was contacted to my dresser. It looked as if me and Chance did all this all time and that we were really a loving couple.

He had been the perfect gentleman last night. I could see and feel the arm that he had under my head last night was now wrapped around the top of my chest and his hand had laid on my other side near my armpit area. Were his other arm had stayed wrapped around my stomach area and was pulling me has close has he could to his chest. I could now see his head moving about has I felt him, smoothing down my hair down.

I started to hear Ayanna walking around and I try to get out of bed only to have Chance pulling me back into him. I looked out the opening of my bedroom door to see she was now walking down the hall, but didn't stop and look into mine. It didn't take long till I heard Ayanna screaming "He's gone, he left me. He promises he never leave." Which made Chance pop up on the bed and take one look at me before he was running out the door and to a crying Ayanna.

Has I also ran down the stairs also and found Chance rocking her like a baby. "It's ok Ayanna. I'm here I didn't leave. I was asleep in your mommy room. I promised you I won't leave you again. It's ok, stop crying." He looked up at me with a hint of hatred with hurt locked in them and I knew it was because I was the reason Ayanna had thought he was going to leave her again. It never made me feel so low about myself, till it did that moment.

I kneeled down and smooth Ayanna hair out of her face. "It's ok angel, everything is fine. See your daddy didn't leave you. He was just asleep with mommy." I felt Chance bring one of his hands around my waist pulling me into them. I had to wrap my arm around his neck a little to keep from crashing into them. "Do you want me to make you something to eat?"

Before Ayanna could answer Chance interrupted "No, we will just get something along the way. We need to get on the road soon."

I looked up at him and see he was still looking me dead on, but the hatred was gone. This time his eyes were saying don't question him; I let out a sigh and asked anyways "Where are we going Chance?"

"Home, my mother wants to meet Ayanna." He reply, "Plus, we need to be there on Monday morning to meet your father's lawyer for the reading of the Will."

"But Ayanna has school on Monday," I comment back, he need to know Ayanna education did mean something.

"I know, but one day not going to hurt her. We will be back here in time for her to go to school on Tuesday promise." He said putting Ayanna down and looking down at her "Now do you want to go meet your other grandma?" She didn't answer but turn and ran back up the stairs and disappear into her room. Chance walked over to me and pulled me up to him "I say she anxious to meet my mother."

His mother that was one person that only crosses my mind a few times since I had gone home last week for my father's death. I took in a slow breath, knowing that I haven't heard the end of this. "Chance do I need to go? I can always drive up there Sunday night or even Monday morning." He looked down at me and I knew he could tell I was trying to back out of the lashing his mother was going to give me.

"No, Milly, we need to start acting like a family, for Ayanna sake, so you're coming with us." He commanded. With the strained look in his eyes, I knew that was no more room to talk him out of letting me stay. "Now go upstairs and get ready." I sighed and started to pull out of his hold only to have him bring me closer to him and kiss my cheek. "Waking up with you in my arms was the best feeling I've had in a long time, but next time please don't try to choke me with your hair." Then he releases me and walked into the guest room.

On the way back to my home town we pick up my mother from Aunt Maria. I haven't talked to her since Chance shows up at Ayanna birthday party. I was still very dismay that she had told his mother leading to Chance invading my life and turning it upside down. Has she sat in the back seat with Ayanna, with me stuck in the front with Chance, I couldn't keep the sour look off my face has I thought about her betrayal.

I must have fallen asleep thinking this all throw because when I open my eyes, we were pulling up to Chance mom home and my mother was no longer in the car. "Milly, come on wake up we're here." I could hear his repeated voice say have I kept my face looking at the house in front of me, knowing what's about to come.

"Chance I think I'm going to go back to my mom's house. I need to talk to her about something and make sure her holding up alright." I replied, trying once again to get out of the talk that his mother would be giving me.

Nothing was said has I heard Chance slam the door shut. I looked back over at his empty seat has I saw him walk around the car. I sighed into my seat only to have my door swung open seconds later by Chance "we can do this the easy way or the hard way." he said, looking down at me, with an even more furious look across his face than what he had this morning. Knowing there no way out of this now I pushed him out of the way and step out of the car. "Now let's be on our best behavior." He then turns to walk to the front door to where his mother was now holding Ayanna in her arms.

"Lilly Dunn we need to talk" was all she said to me before turning around and walking into the house. I looked over at Chance thinking it would help me out, but all he did was nod his head for me to get moving inside. I let out a lonely sigh not ready for what awaits me.

Walking into the house Chance grab ahold of my elbow and stop me in the main interiors way. "Listen Lilly no matter what my mother tells you, it's not going to change what we have. We will still be a family and we will work all this out together." I looked into those green jaded eyes and I could see the hope flowing through them. How he was able to change emotion so fast was baffling, but I was glad to know that he couldn't say mad at me for long.

I took a few steps to where the living room was when something he said stood out, "Wait, you just called me Lilly and not Milly" I quoted turning around to face him.

"Yeah, I know, but don't get used to it." was all he said has he walked past me into the living room where Mrs. Morgan and Ayanna where sitting "Come on Ayanna let daddy show you around, grandma and mommy need to have a talk, " he laid his hand out to her and she took it into his with that they walk out the door on the other side of the room.

My nerves were rising up now that I was alone with Mrs. Morgan and I could see the disappointment slaps across her face. I sighed and sat down in a chair across from her. I watched her has she keep her eyes on me and I could tell she was trying to figure out what to say. "Mrs. Morgan can I just say I'm sorry. I didn't mean for this all the come out the way it did."

That's when her green eyes locked dead onto mine and I could see the anger flashing throw them "That's just it Lilly you didn't think who you be hurting with the action you took taking that little girl away from us." She turns her face away from me and look off to the fireplace along the far wall. "When your mother called me that morning you left and told me about Ayanna I was speechless, thinking that wasn't possible. Then she sent me the photo and I knew right then that was indeed my grandchild. I was so angry that I broke into a board meeting that Chance was having and asked him why he never told me. Why did you keep this child a secret from me and everyone else?" Then she snap her neck back over to me and I could see she was disgusted with me now. "He told me he had no clue what I was talking about, so I show him the photo. I will never forget that look that came across my son's face. He was on the brink of tears, but all he said was 'that it all made sense now' and then he close the meeting early and left to go find you with the address your mother had given me."

"Mrs. Morgan I'm sorry. I know what I did was wrong and I shouldn't have kept Ayanna from you. I was just a kid who freaked out, you don't understand the kind of pressure I felt when I found out I was pregnant." I try to explain.

"Oh, I understand. I felt the world was on my shoulder when I found out I was pregnant with Chance. Everyone was saying that he wasn't going to make it and I felt it was my duty to make sure my baby was safe and healthy. But I didn't keep him away from the people I loved and wanted in my life. No Lilly, I share my blessing with everyone around me, unlike you. I never thought you as a selfish girl, till the day I found out you took my granddaughter away from me without me even knowing about it." She throws back at me.

I sighed, looking down at my hands there were places in my lap, "I understand, I'm selfish, stubborn, and every other bad think you can think of. But have you ever thought of how your son was back then. He was a player and I didn't think he gave a two cents about me after we sleep together."

I could hear her let out a puff of air "Yes, I know how my son treated women, but I also know that you have always had a place in his heart. Even now after everything you have done to push him away, he is still determined to have you in his life." I look back up at her face to see the anger was slowly fading "When we left for France all he keep talking about was how you were finally giving him a chance. The boy was on top of the world. I thought it was all a joke till I watch how when girls there try to flirt with him he simply tell them he was taken. When we finally came home weeks later the moment we pulled up into the driveway, he was running to his car to go see you to tell you how he truly felt about you."

"And what were those feeling?" I asked. There was a lot about Chance I could see he had kept in and wasn't telling me.

"That boy had it in his head that you two were going to get married and live happily ever after. Even after he found out you had left without word from where you were at, he had it planned out in his head he would find you. He was the one who remember the emails, but was always disappointed when you never reply."

I watched as she shook her head as tears started falling down her cheek. "Then to find out there we had been there the day your water broke. I knew that night you look familiar, but I didn't say anything because I was secretly hopping Chance would notice when he show up. When he finally did and came to sit down with us. He said that you look like his Milly. When your water broke, he said he should try helping, but that guy picked you up running out the door, we just figured that it wasn't you and that was the baby daddy. I've never been more heartbroken from hearing that. You lie right to our face and never once seem like it bother you."

"It did. I remember the night you show up. I thought this was it, they found me and are going to make me go back home. But Chance seemed to buy my little lie and once again I'm sorry. I don't know how many times I have to say I'm sorry till you believe me, but I'm sorry ok. I never meant to hurt you or anyone else. I was just protecting myself from the man I thought Chance to be." I apologize once again to her.

She whipped the tears off her face and gave me a blank look. "Saying you're sorry isn't good enough for me, you need to show me you're sorry."

"What is it you want me to do then?" I asked. I didn't like Mrs. Morgan mad at me and that is point I do just about anything to get back on her good side.

I saw her eyes shift from side to side before landing back on me, "Give into Chance. Show him you are willing to be a family. That boy is still head of heals for you, that I don't see it ever changing. You are what he wants and now that Ayanna in the picture I don't see him ever letting go."

I knew in my heart that I wasn't ready for that. I was too scared to let him. I knew he wasn't the same boy I grow up with and he had shown me time and time again that I did mean something to him. "I don't think I'm ready to let him in" I confused looking back down at my hands. "It's just that I don't know this Chance, the one I knew was a player and like to hurt girls' hearts. This one just seems more aware of people feels. He shows me a more caring and loving side that it scares me. I know he's going to be a great dad to Ayanna, but I don't see me and Chance is being any more than friends."

"Lilly, just try. Chance hasn't been the same since you left. Now that he has you back though I can see the happiness coming back into his life." She then stood up, "Yes, he is going to be a good dad to that little girl. He would also be a great husband to you if you just let him in." I didn't have time to react as she walked out of the room leaving me there to think things through.

Husband? Where did that come from? Was she wanting me to marry Chance? No this can't happen, I've never imagined myself married and especially not to Chance. I sighed, running my hands down my face trying to think another way for Mrs. Morgan to forgive me without giving into Chance wishes.

"It looks like my mom didn't take it so easy on you." I heard his voice break throw my thoughts. I turn to face him to see him leaning against the doorway with his arms across his chest and his right ankle cross to his left ankle. "You want to talk about it?"

Still thinking about what Mrs. Morgan had told me I need to ask him, "Is it true?" a confused look was in his eyes has he lead off the door, "Is it true you're wanting to marry me?"

He let out a breath of air and turn looked behind him, then back at me "Yes, I was hoping you let me in and one day we would get married and be a family. If I had it my way I take you down to the courthouse right now and make you Mrs. Chance Eric Morgan, but I know that would just push you further from me." He walked over to me and kneeled down to my eye level, "Milly I want you. It doesn't matter what I have to do to make you see that, but I will keep trying to show you that you mean more to me than anything in the world."

He was so dead set on us being together that I couldn't take it anymore, "How do I know I can trust you?"

"You don't, but something you just need to jump in and see where it takes us. I'm not going to stop fighting till the day you are finally mine." He then lean over and place a small, almost butterfly kiss on my lips, then leaned back, "Just think it throw. We can do this friend thing, but it won't stop me from showing my affection for you. Now come on we're all going out to eat. Ayanna hungry and I know you have to be also since you haven't eaten today.

He places his hand in mine pulling me up with him. He turns and walked us back out the house where his mother and Ayanna were waiting by the car. I didn't pull away from Chance when his mother notices our entangled fingers. She seems happy about this little improvement between us. I let out a deep breath thinking that maybe I should give Chance a real chance.

Revised 11/10/2015

copyright © 2013 Letty Scott/Embrace_Passion (All Rights Revered)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

417 1 41
Georgia Hudson and John Luke Madden have known each other their whole lives. As they grew up together, they were forced to find a common ground in or...
13.2K 560 63
There are few things that humble Allie Carson. As a senior, she is a central part of the popular crowd and can have any guy she wants - and she knows...
2M 57.1K 45
~COMPLETED~ | This story is being slowly edited. "As much as you want to plan your life, it has a way of surprising you with unexpected things that w...
419K 10.3K 30
Becoming pregnant with a guy who was soon to become leader of a gang, Lauren goes through more than a young teenage mother should. Her brother had ju...