Slightly Undead. || Glenn Rhe...

By baddie4xanax

Jade Dixon, one of the Dixon siblings, survives side-by-side with her badass brothers. With a sword in her ha... More

1.
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
10.
11.
12.
13.
14.
15.
16.
17.
18.
EXCITING NEWS.
19.
20.
21.
22.
23.
24.
25.
26
28.
29.
30.
31.

27.

1.4K 38 0
By baddie4xanax

// Jade //

Glenn and I's reunion got cut short by Daryl, "Ain't no way out back here." I listened in while I tried to examine Glenn's wounds, "Rick, how did you find us?" Maggie ask, "How bad are you hurt?" Rick asked Glenn, "I'll be all right."
I shook my head, "Where's that woman?" Maggie ask, looking around the room, "She stayed outside." I said, grabbing hold of Glenn's hand to hold it, "Maybe she was spotted. Want me to go look for her?" Daryl ask as Rick looked outside the window, "No. We gotta get them out of here. She's on her own" Rick said, looking back at Glenn and Maggie, "Daryl, Jade. This was Merle." Glenn said as I draped an old jacket around Glenn's shoulders. I froze in my spot, looking back to Daryl, "He thinks your dead, Jade." Glenn looked at me, then back to Daryl, "He did this." Glenn managed to say, "You saw him?" Rick ask, "Face to face." Glenn responded, "Threw a walker at me. He was gonna execute us." Glenn explained,"S-So my brother's this governor?" Daryl ask, "No, it's somebody else. Your brother's his lieutenant or something." Maggie explained to Daryl and I, "Does he know I'm still with you?" he ask, "He does now. Rick, I'm sorry. We told him where the prison was. We couldn't hold out." Glenn told Rick. I was dumbfounded by all this. My brother was still alive, "Don't. No need to apologize." Rick put his hand on Glenn's shoulder, "They're going to be looking for us." Maggie said, "We have to get back. Can you walk? We got a car a few miles out." Rick knelled down to Glenn, "I'm good." Glenn grunted, standing up with a little help, "All right." Rick whispered, "Hey, if Merle's around, Jade and I need to see him." Daryl said as I stood by him, "Not now. We're in hostile territory." Rick tried to reason. This upset me, "He's my brother. I ain't-" Rick cut me off, "Look at what he did to Glenn, Jade! Look, we gotta--we gotta get out of here now." Rick said, "Maybe I can talk to him. Maybe I can work something out. " I pleaded with him, "No, no, no. You're not thinking straight. Look, no matter what they say, they're hurt. Glenn can barely walk. How are we gonna make it out if we got overrun by walkers and this governor catches up to us? I need you two! Are you with me?" Rick ask. I sighed and looked back at Daryl, then nodded my head in answer.

On three. Stay tight." Rick ordered, "One, two, three."Daryl swung the door open and threw multiple smoke bombs, "Let's go!" Rick whispered, all of us filing out. I stayed behind Glenn. I heard gunfire and knew they spotted us. I shot down a man running up behind us. I ran up close, loosing Glenn in the smoke. I spotted Daryl from afar and ran up to him, fighting by his side. I shot one of the men on top of the buses, then turned around to see more men coming from behind, "Watch the front, I'll cover the back!" I shouted to Daryl over the gun fire. I shot once with my rifle and missed, then another shot came from behind me and the man fell to the ground. I knew it was Daryl. I sighed and pushed my bangs from my face and kept shooting, "Go! Get cover!" I heard someone shout. I felt Daryl loop his finger through my belt loop and pull me away. I ran wherever Daryl pulled me."How many?" "I didn't see.""Don't matter. There's gonna be more of them." Daryl said, reloaded his weapon, "We need to move." the gunfire continued, "Any grenades left?" Rick ask, "Uh-huh." Daryl said, digging through the backpack, "Get 'em ready. We gotta gun into the wall." Rick said, glancing around. I got up with Maggie to help her defend our spots. I rounded the corner and shot at a man who was getting too close, "You guys go ahead, Jade and I can lay down some cover fire." Daryl nodded up at me to get my permission. I nodded back, "No, we gotta stay together." Glenn looked up at me, "Too hairy. We'll be right behind you." Daryl reassured Rick and Glenn. I leaned forward and kissed Glenn's lips, "I love you, baby." I whispered to him. I grabbed Maggie's arm, "If we get separated, take care of him." I whispered. She nodded, "Ready?" Daryl said, emerging from cover. He tossed a smoke bomb and I stayed by his side, "Move!" I shouted, laying down some fire to distract them. I heard more shouting and felt Daryl tug on my belt loop again. He stopped me and started to lay down some fire. I followed this action and took down one man hiding behind a bench. I heard a bullet wiz past my ear, "Shit." I whispered, shooting the man responsible. I dropped down and stopped to reload, "Daryl! Jade!" I heard Rick shouting, "Go!" Daryl shouted back, cocking his weapon and firing again.

--------------------------------------------------

I heard someone talking. My vison was impaired. All I could see is blackness as I felt myself being held back. I felt myself being lead somewhere, someone grunting beside me. It must be Daryl. I struggled as I felt the grip loosen on me and push me forward, "These are two of the terrorists-", I felt a strong grip on one of my arms, then a bag being ripped off my head, "Merle's own brother and sister." I came face to face with Merle, staring me down in the middle of a ring. I got pushed forward, seeing Daryl beside me. Daryl grabbed me to check me over. Half my shirt was pulled down, revealing my bra. Honestly, that was the least of my worries, "So what should we do with them, huh?" a man I could only guess was the Govenor said, "Kill them!" the crowd erupted, "What?" the Governor shouted, "Kill them!" they boomed. I gritted my teeth and looked at Merle, then back to Daryl, "You wanted them. Now you got 'em." the Governor smirked.

--------------------------

My breath was ragged and heavy as I stared my brother, who until now I presumed dead, in the face. The crowd had stepped in closer and screaming as the Governor circled around the three of us. I felt arms around me, shielding me from harm. One arm went across my baby bump and the other around my shoulder. I glanced up and saw Andrea being held back back by a man, saying something about letting us go. The Governor turned to us, "I ask you where your loyalties lie." the crowd had silenced to listen to the Governors words, "You said you'd fight for us, well prove it. Prove it to us all. Brother against brother. Brother against sister." the Governor smirked. Merle had beaten the shit out of Daryl and me many times, and I know he could do it. But would he? I pushed myself away from Daryl, "Winner goes free. Fight to the death."
I gritted my teeth, "I'm pregnant, you asshole!" I shouted at the Governor. He walked over to me and placed his hand under my face, lifting my head to face him. I jerked my head away, "Don't touch me." I spat. He grabbed my arm and twisted it behind me. I heard struggling behind me, knowing Daryl was trying to get to me. I jerked my head back and headbutted him. He let me go and pushed me to the ground. Daryl jerked me up, resuming his protective stance. My bounds had been cut when Merle glanced at Daryl and I, then raised his hand to the sky, "Y'all know me. I'm gonna do whatever I got to do to prove..." Merle pushed me out of Daryl's arms and punched his gut. Daryl grunted as I ran over to him, falling to the ground beside his side, "that my loyalty is to this town!" Merle kicked him in the stomach again. I knew what Merle was doing. There is no way he would kill Daryl or me. He was playing the Governor. I knew I had to play along to make this seem real. I pushed Merle away from Daryl, "C'mon, lil' sis." he growled. He threw a punch, but I ducked down to dodge it. I swung back, getting a clear blow to his nose. Daryl was up now, pushing me away from our fighting brother. A punch landed on my jaw bone, sending my body flying back. I spat out my blood on the ground, returning back to the fight. I heard the familiar growling of a walker and glanced around, ready to make a fight. Men walked in with walkers on leashes, walking them over to us. I glanced at Daryl, seeing him punch Merle while he was down. Daryl got up and grabbed Merle, but Merle overpowered him. Daryl was on the ground, holding his hands up to Merle's neck. I was trying to pull Merle off, but he reached back and grabbed me by the hair of my head, pinning me down, "You really think this asshole's gonna let you go?" Daryl grunted, "Just follow my lead." Merle grunted back. I almost smiled, knowing I was right about Merle, "We're getting out of this right now." In a second, all three of us were up and back-to-back. The walkers came closer. I pushed a walker off of me, then kicked its knee in backwards. One after another, I tried to fight them off. I knocked one to the ground, stomping its head in. I leap backwards to dodge an oncoming walker. I clawed at me, ripping my shirt in half all the way down the front. The only thing holding it together was a few pieces of thread at the top. I grabbed at my shirt, trying to cover myself. I stopped to punch a walker back, then kick it to the ground. I stomped on its head, seeing blood splatter up my leg. I pushed one walker back into the crowd, then watched it get shot and fall to the ground. I retreated back to Daryl's side. The top stitches remaining of my shirt ripped, leaving my shirtless. I took it off and tied it around my top half to cover my bra. A smoke bomb exploded and I knew it was Rick. I grabbed onto Daryl's hand, feeling Merle fumbled for my hand as well. The lights above my head exploded. The smoke got thick, the only thing I could see was Daryl and Merle, who were right beside me. I gripped their hands as they lead me out of the area, "Stay close." Merle yelled, "Merle, Jade, c'mon." Daryl pulled me. I pulled Merle behind me. Daryl ran up to a man, jerking his crossbow away. I turned around and punched the man in the face, getting pulled away by Merle. I was running and stumbled over a dead body, hitting my head on a concrete block, "Get up, Jade." Merle tugged on me. I stumbled to my feet, putting my hand to my head. It was warm and sticky. My eyes rolled back in my head slowly, but I shook it away. I slowed down as I ran along, then got fuzzy and passed out. The last thing I remember is Merle screaming, then picking me up.

----------------------------------

I awoke on the road, lying down in the backseat of a car. I squinted my eyes open to see Maggie holding onto my feet, staring straight forward. I felt someone petting my hair, then looked up to see Glenn, "Jade!" he smiled, kissing my forehead. I smiled at him, then sat up, pain shooting through my head, "Don't. You need to lay back down. You might have a concussion." he said. I nodded and looked back up in the front, "Where's Daryl? Merle?" I ask, getting comfortable in Glenn's lap. No one answered my question, "Did they drive a separate car?" I ask. Still, no answer came. I sat up, almost falling back down, "Where are they?!" I rose my voice, "They left." Rick answered, not taking his eyes off the road, "What?" I said, leaning back in my seat, "Stop the car. Stop the damn car!" I shouted, climbing into Glenn's lap to open the car door. Rick slammed the brakes as Glenn grabbed onto my waist, "Damn it, Jade." Glenn whispered, pulling me back, "Get out, Rick." I said, wiggling out of Glenn's arms. I stood outside of the car, slamming the door shut behind me, "Jade, just get-"I shook my head, "Not until Rick gets out and explains why both my brothers left me behind." I said, holding back the tears threatening to fall. Rick opened the door and slammed it shut, "Jade, before I explain this, give me your weapons." Rick motioned. I scoffed and rolled my eyes, "What? Do you think I'm gonna kill you?" I smirked, "Jade. Please." Rick ask, stepping forward. I rolled my eyes and unhooked my machete from my hip, which was the only weapon I had. He nodded, holding it firmly in his hands, "Merle couldn't come back with us. He nearly killed Glenn, and Michonne. Daryl said he wasn't staying unless Merle could, too. He wanted to bring you, Jade. He really did. He just thought it best since you were pregnant to be with a doctor that can help." Rick said. I sat down on the ground, "They left me here." I smiled, then bursting into tears. Rick came over to me, abandoning my machete on the ground. He engulfed me in a hug as I cried.

// Remember to vote & leave a comment on what you think will happen! You can also follow me for more updates on when I'll be posting more updates. :-) //

I CHANGED THE BOOK NAME, PLEASE LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK ABOUT IT.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

23.9K 1K 20
The world as we know it is at an end, the dead rule and roam the land. Small groups of survivors remain, and this... this is a story about one of the...
1.6M 54K 107
Scarlett Greene hadn't spoken since she was twelve. After her Daddy was arrested for abuse when she was seventeen, she is sent to live with her Uncle...
966 12 15
๐๐‘๐ˆ๐’๐‚๐ˆ๐‹๐‹๐€ ๐๐Ž๐‘๐“๐„๐‘ wasn't expecting to find a prison when she was wandering through the woods, and she definitely did not expect to find...
4K 152 18
๐”ผ๐•ฅ๐•–๐•ฃ๐•Ÿ๐•’๐• ๐•ƒ๐• ๐•ง๐•– | "It doesn't matter if that person moved on with his or her life, fell for somebody else, even became a different person; y...