For the Love of Magic

By Rosewood7

"We have a new student in our class today," he announces. I see Jaz's face light up at the prospect of being... More

Wizards Warlocks and Witches
Dominico Redwind: Friend or Fiend?
Marco Polo: Magic Edition
Fighting Warlocks for Dummies
Jack Always Seemed So Happy When He Came Out Of The Box!
Now I see his point....being in the dark sucks!
From the hospital bed to the crypt
Metal bars and Magic cars
What Idiot Doesn't Like Disney Songs?
100% Chance of Hugs and Tales
Kindergarten life decisions and Glittery Games
A day accompanied by Dominico Redwind and a lot of head pain
Scary Yoda Mode: On
Faye and Ryan, Presenting YOU with YOUR Daily Dose of Weirdness
The Warlock
I scream, you scream, we all scream for ice cream.
That's it. I HATE psychopathic wizards. ESPECIALLY when they're out to get me.
Double Trouble With a Shot of Sugar
How To Spend A Snow Day for Dummies
Christmas and the Chaos that Goes With it
Pink, Luck, Rainbow-Barfing Butterflies, Dates, and other Abnormalities
Shakespeare in real life sucks
Ding Dong the Witch is Dead
That Jobberknowl Romeo's Plan
Not exactly happily ever after.... but it works
Epilogue
Epilogue II
EXTRA CHAPTERS!

One big reason to not get caught up in politics

1.1K 55 9
By Rosewood7

I break off into a sprint as soon as the word “Go” escapes Lady Fairchild’s lips. My competitive nature getting the better of me.  The floor and walls around me are tan stones, too tall to climb and there is no hope in the world to be able to somehow break it down. The way before me is relatively narrow but gives me plenty of room to run, just not maybe drive a truck. I run for a good five minutes, hard, before I see a fork in the road in front of me. Well, Eenie Meenie Minei Moe. I take the right one, hoping that it will lead me closer to the center of the course.

 I take three steps before the floor in front me falls into a black abyss. I can’t even see the bottom of that thing. How about I don’t fall down there. Sorry Rosaline. I look for a way around. Nada. I sigh and shrug off my jacket. This is my favorite jacket. It better not get messed up. I step on top of the fabric and urge the air to lift it up. Pretty please with a cherry on top? It’ll be fun!

Before I know it I’m a half a foot off the ground. Take that wind surfers! This is wind surfing. I urge the air forward and I’m zooming over the abyss. I make it to the edge of the abyss but keep the air going. Why would I walk when I can fly? As I fly on my ‘magic jacket ride!’ I start to gain speed. Faster, faster, faster. Does this thing have breaks? I try to think of a way to stop it just as I catch sight of a forest of granite pillars ahead of me. Granite pillars with spikes. Great. Perfect. It’s like someone knows me well enough to know just how to irritate me the most.

I take hold of the hood of the jacket to use as a wheel. I pull left and right to dodge the pillars. I make it through the first few without a sweat but they seem to be multiplying the further on I go. The harder the going gets, the closer you are to the prize. I narrowly dodge a spike so closely that the shoulder of my shirt gets sliced although my skin is intact. I should have played MarioKart so much more seriously. I look ahead to see what’s next. A line of pillars. Great. My eyes dart from opening to opening between spikes, looking for a way in between. Nothing.

50 feet. 40 feet. 30 feet. I look for a way over. Nothing. Not enough time. 20 feet. 10 feet. 5 feet. I DON’T WANT TO BE A SHISHCABOB! 3feet2feet1foot…. I dive to the right, off of the magic flying jacket. You know when they roll to a stop inches away from imminent death but totally unharmed in the movies? That doesn’t happen. At least not to me.

I crash on the ground hard, my shoulder twisting in a way I hadn’t ever made it do before nor did I want it to do again. I soft yelp escapes my lips on impact and that’s before I hit the spikes. I roll with loads of unwanted momentum toward the steel spikes. STOP STOP STOP!!! STUPID INERTIA! I throw my head backward to avoid having my brain on a stick but the steel still rakes across my forehead and across my arms and legs, leaving some nasty cuts. At least none of them are too deep. I highly doubt I will start bleeding out.

Strips of cloth start descending down on me. At first I think Lady Fairchild is being nice and giving me First Aid. Hahahaha. I should have known.

“My jacket!” I gasp. No! Not only did I really really like this jacket, but now my mom and Jaz with force me to go *shiver in terror* shopping. Board the windows. Hide the children. Lock the doors. FYI: I HATE SHOPPING!!!

This game is cruel! It’s awful! It’s sick!  I start wrapping my wounds in the remains of my jacket, muttering insults at Lady Fairchild and her stupid game the whole time. Well, if I don’t get a move on, Dominico is going to beat me. Like his ego needs that extra inflation. I’m sure if I don’t do something about that then the next few years at school will be a replay of his victory.

I stand up, a little too quickly, due to my slight dizziness, slight trauma, and massive limb pain. I’d say arm or leg but it’s both. Mostly my arm but my legs… ugh.

I’d use another flying carpet thing-a-ma-bob but I don’t really feel like taking my shirt off in public. That’s a little on the no side. Or should I say NO!!! side.

I sigh, looking around at the stone walls. She wants a show? Well, here’s a present from me. I break out into a run again. My brain is flaring nerve signals, telling me to SIT DOWN!!! But I ignore it. I have to find this ‘orb’ thing. An orb is a sphere, right? I think back to my third grade math class…yep. Orb=Sphere.

I turn a corner and slow down. I really don’t want to be eaten by crocodiles or whatever other weird thing she has in this joint. Instead, the way looks clear. Ha! Clear my dog’s tail! I continue on slowly until I hear a slight noise. A padding sound. Footsteps. I try to make my walking as quiet as possible. Toe-heel, toe-heel. Up ahead I see a white fog in the air. Mother always said, don’t breath in unknown, potentially dangerous chemicals without adult supervision. I hear my five-year-old self say. What on earth was I doing when I was five?

I pull the neckline of my shirt up over my nose and mouth but choose to not breath anyway. I start to run again, a choice accompanied by immediate leg and arm pain. I run fast, trying to get through the fog so I can breathe. My eyes start watering as I run from whatever is in the strange fog. I blink away the induced tears and try to keep running straight. Run straight. Run straight. I close my eyes to stop the burning pain. Run straight. Run straight. I open my eyes for a second to see where the fog ends but everything is still swirling white. Run straight. Run straight. Needing…oxygen. Clean air. Need. To. Breathe! I try to blow away the fog with magic but it doesn’t move. It’s like there’s some kind of magic glue on it, holding it to this spot. I try to push myself to run faster but I can’t think of anything but breathing. I’m suffocating. I NEED TO BREATHE! Suddenly a force knocks me backwards. I gasp in surprise and fall over. I land hard on my bad arm and my tail bone. I blink and look up to see what collided into me. I see a figure, also on the ground, surveying his wounds.

“Dominico?” I guess. No! I’m breathing. Even if it’s still through my shirt, this can’t end well.

“Faye!” he exclaims, scrambling to his feet. His shirt is resting on his shoulders, unlike mine which is doubling as an air mask. He must have been breathing this stuff in since he got in here. He looks fine! Right? “You’re head!” he exclaims. My hand immediately flies to cover the cut on my head.

“Is it really that bad?” I ask. Um…that was meant to be a silent question. I was not supposed to say that. Keep up, Brain!

“Yes! You were hurt! How? What happened?” Dominico demands.

“Calm down! I just rode a jacket through a bunch of spiked granite pillars. It was awful! My jacket got shredded!” I exclaim.

“Don’t worry, you look as pretty as ever,” he says. At first I think he’s being sarcastic until he adds, “Wait, did I just say that out loud?” His ears turn bright red in embarrassment.

“Uh, thanks?” I say/ask.

“Well, uh, I just meant that I think you look pretty…no! I mean that you’re pretty without it….wait! No! I didn’t mean it like…I’m just going to stop talking.”

“Aww, you’re so adorable when you’re rambling.” I remark. “Wait what?” I didn’t mean to let that come out! What is this? Why am I speaking my thoughts? Don’t I get to choose what stupid stuff comes out my mouth? It has to be something with this fog! Does it make us ramble or confused or…

“Dominico! What’s your most embarrassing moment?” I demand. He looks confused but answers right away anyways.

“One day in sixth grade a pair of my Super Mario underwear got hooked on my shoe when I went to school and I didn’t realize it until Norman Gregory pointed it out in front of the whole class,” he says. His eyes go wide and his cheeks flush when he realizes what he just said. “Why did I tell you that?! I never tell anyone about that!”

I gesture to the fog swirling around us. “I think it’s a truth serum,” I tell him.

“Those don’t exist,” Dominico scoffs.

“Then I can just start asking you questions?” I ask. Dominico looks unsure for a second before replying,

“Sure.” Hmm…let’s start off easy.

“What would you be doing if you were at home right now?”

“Either playing with Gracie, playing catch with a wall or bothering you,” he says immediately.

“Bothering me? Why do you find such joy in bothering me?” I ask.

“You’re so funny when you’re mad! It’s cute,” he answers. Cute? I raise an eyebrow. “I did not mean to say that.” Is all the explanation Dominico can give.

“Do you believe me now?”

“Yes.”

“Good.”

“My turn.”

“What?” Dominico smiles maliciously at me.

“Does Ryan know who you like?”

“Yes. Dominico Walter Redwind, if you don’t shut up I will hurt you.” Dominico seems amused by this.

“Would you actually hurt me, Faye?”

“Not severely but I would punch you,” I admit.

“ Why wouldn’t you hurt me?”

“Because! You’re my best friend! I would feel terrible! I could never actually hurt you! The dumpster thing was meant to not hurt you too bad! I just wanted to scare you!” I exclaim. Dominico looks surprised. “Dominico? Did you let me win?” I ask him. It’s been bothering me since Elphaba’s. Dominico winces.

“Sort of. I-I didn’t want to use magic on you. It normally doesn’t bother me to use magic on people but twisting your will feels so…wrong. I can’t do it without incessantly wondering what you would be doing without the magic. But at school I was so mad because you didn’t trust me enough to tell me you were a witch…I honestly thought that you hated me the whole time and were just acting. When we were on the roof, I honestly tried to beat you without magic and I thought I had until you fell. I thought you were dead, Faye. I’ve never been so scared in my entire life. I didn’t know what to do until you jumped out, unharmed and started yelling at me. Then you locked me in a dumpster. That I couldn’t get out of since I was so shaken up to even attempt to use magic on you then. So no, I didn’t let you win.”

“Darn it. You just simultaneously revived my ego and crushed my conscience,” I tell him. He smiles shyly.

“Did you? Hate me at first, I mean.”

“Are you kidding? When you walked in that first day I wanted to club your face in. It was kind of hard to stay away from you though. Thank our inconsiderate teachers who are blind to my death stare for that. I felt really awful after that first day though. Like I wasn’t giving you a chance. So I tried that next day to talk to you and voila I never hated you again. Except for maybe when you possessed Jaz at lunch the day you found out. I hated you then.”

“So just don’t possess your best friends and we’ll be on good terms?”

“Bingo.”

“I can live with that.”

“Good. It would get so boring if you weren’t around to annoy me half to death.”

“Thanks?”

“You’re welcome.” We walk aimlessly in silence for another minute before the mist starts to thicken…considerably.

“We need to get out of here,” I say to him, unable to contain my thought.

“Because this mist is messing with our brains or because we need to find the orbs?”

“Well those are both true too. But have you noticed that we’re having a sincere conversation? I have never gone so long without being sarcastic with you! I think I’m going into withdraw,” I say. Dominico sighs.

“I’ve always wondered what a civil conversation with you would be like.”

“It’s more fun when we fight,” I say. “Ugh. I hate truth serums.” Dominico grins at me.

“You like arguing with me?”

“Sometimes.” Curse you automatic answers. “Do you?” Now automatic questions? Come on!

“Yes. You can act so shy sometimes but when you’re fighting, you go all for it with dumpsters and witty comebacks. It’s funny to hear.”

“You think my comebacks are witty? That’s sweet.”

“Ugh. I hate truth serums. Let’s get out of here before I say something really embarrassing!”

Really embarrassing? Like wha-“

“Don’t. Ask.” He threatens. I laugh maliciously.

“What are you scared of, Dominico?” I question with a mischievous smile.

“Saying something stupid or embarrassing that you’ll taunt me with from now until the end of eternity,” he responds. I laugh.

“I wouldn’t do that,” I reassure him.

“Really?” he asks, raising an eyebrow in disbelief. I tap my head with my pointer finger.

“I have a severe case of guilty conscious,” I say.

“What-“

“BEAT YOU TO THE ORBS, DOMINICO!” I yell and race ahead before he can ask me another question. The mist is thick and I basically just start running in random directions before hitting a wall and turning the other way and continuing to run. I hear Dominico behind me the whole time even though I can’t see him.

“FAYE! Come on! Ugh. Faye, you idiot! Come back here!” Did he just say I was an idiot under a truth serum? I keep running until the mist begins to part. Almost out!

“FAYELEIA!” I hear Dominico yell. I pause. He doesn’t use my full name. He just doesn’t. How does he even know my full name? I don’t believe I’ve ever mentioned it to him. Ryan. Gosh darn you, Lincoln. “HELP!” my blood runs cold. I hear a vicious tearing sound behind me. I don’t think twice before running straight towards it. I blame it on the whole teenager thing.

“DOMINICO!” I yell, running blindly through the swirling mist. “DOMINICO WHERE ARE YOU?!”

“Faye,” I hear a croak to my right. Dominico’s unmoving body is lying on the ground. I hurry over to him and drop to my knees by his side. There are three, long, deep, gashes bleeding down the side of his face. His hair is also matted with blood so I assume he hit his head.

“Dominico! Can you hear me?!” I scream in his face.

“Yeah. It would be hard not to with you yelling that loud,” he answers but doesn’t open his eyes. “Where is it?” he asks.

“Where is what? What did this to you?” I ask. I look around frantically, without catching a single glimpse any creature. Dominico cracks his eyes and looks at me.

“I-I don’t know…haven’t seen anything like it before. It’s scaled and it has red eyes and it’s… it’s…”

“It’s what?

“It’s right over there.” I turn my head slowly and my eyes focus in on the shape he is referring to. I slowly stand up in between the thing and Dominico. The creature was distinctly horse with the body build, mane and tail but that’s as far as it’s horse qualities go. It’s body was totally covered in brown-green scales like a reptile. Under it’s chin, down under it’s stomach was equipped with even more durable scaled armor, this a dirt brown. It’s tail and mane were a dull yellow and appeared to be the consistency of straw with black antlers sprouting from it’s head. It’s hooves were as sharp as blades and black except for the front to which were stained red with blood. Dominico’s blood. As he had said, it’s eyes were as red as liquid fire which seemed plausible as it was exhaling a dark grey smoke.

“Is that a Kirin? How…what is it…”

“Faye, you have to run.”

“It doesn’t look like that did you much good.”

“Faye. Run. I don’t want you to get hurt. Please, listen to me,” Dominico begs.

“I can’t let you win but that doesn’t mean I’m going to abandon you. You’ll die. Can’t you see that? She won’t stop this thing. It’s all a game for her. I’m not going to let that happen.” The Kirin paws at the ground, getting ready to charge. I move Dominico an extra twelve yards away, using magic that works on the air, though not the mist.

“Faye, stop trying to be brave. You’re going to get hurt!” Dominico sits up, covering the side of his head with his hand to try to keep the bleeding to a minimum. The Kirin lets out a guttural growl before running at me. My brain goes into overdrive. What do I do now? What do I do now? Running isn’t sounding too bad actually…

“FAYE! SLIDE!” Dominico yells with magic laced in his words. My feet automatically take to running steps forward before falling out from under me, sending me through the Kirin’s legs. I come out dazed but unharmed on the other side as the Kirin barrels forward and rams into a wall. I look over to where Dominico is sitting up, bleeding. “I-I’m so sorry, I didn’t mean to do that. I didn’t want to use magic on you. I can’t believe- I’m so sorry!” Dominico stutters. The Kirin throws it’s head back and frees its antler from the crevice in the wall.

“Do it again,” I say.

What?

“Do it again! Tell me what to do!” The Kirin kicks up its hind legs in fury before coming at me again.

“Cut right!” Dominico instructs in the same powerful tone as before. I immediately step to the right to avoid being impaled on its black antlers. The Kirin digs its hooves in the ground and makes a sloppy stop. It turns to glare at me with its red eyes.

“Kick it’s muzzle!”

What?!” I scream at him as my foot lashes out against the beast. I stumbles back a step with only a small dent in a scale to show for my attack. “You’re crazy!” I accuse Dominico.

“Just listen!” he commands. The Kirin lifts up its fore legs to come down on me and I turn to back up even though I’m sure it will still get me.

“Stand your ground! Lift him up using magic!” Dominico yells. Insane. Mentally unstable. Crazy. A lunatic. A few sandwiches short of a picnic. A nut job. However, my mind reaches out to the air and I use it to hoist up the beast. It lets out a frantic yelp once its in the air.

“Lift him higher…Hold him!”

“Dominico! This thing is freakin’ heavy!” Sweat beads start to form on my forehead from the strain of keeping my magic working. The Kirin thrashes around, making it even harder to keep in the air.

“Force it to look at me,” Dominico commands. I work on making and managing the wind currents to urge the Kirin to look at him. It’s eyes finally zero in on Dominico. “Sleep.” He says once he’s got it’s attention. The horse-beast goes limp in the air and I feel the world around me get blurry. I fall over onto my knees and the spell breaks, sending the Kirin down to the ground just a few feet from me.

“Faye! Stay awake! Gosh dang it!” Dominico yells at me. I blink the sudden wave of fatigue from my eyes and stand up. Dominico does so too even though he’s still bleeding.

“Are you alright?” he asks me, worriedly. I nod numbly and blink multiple times, trying to regain feeling just about everywhere. “Faye, how many fingers am I holding up?” Dominico asks. I look at his hand.

“Six. You need to bandage your head.”

“No, I’m only holding up three. And I’m fine.”

“Head wounds bleed the most so you need to bandage it and I was close enough,” I argue. Dominico stares at me for a second and I wait for him to respond. He steps forward and suddenly pulls me into a hug. I hold him tightly. I’ve never been this scared save for P’s magical nightmare car. But this is worse because it’s real. And Dominico is here with me. So much worse…

“We have to get out of here,” Dominico whispers in my ear. I nod and even though he can’t see me, I know he can feel my movement. I reluctantly pull back from him and look down at my shoulder to see drops of his blood staining it. He really does need to bandage his head. Stubborn boy.

We slowly make our way back to the way I had found before and before I know it, the mist is thinning. I make a run for the clear air as soon as I see the mist dying out.

“Faye! Wait! I forgot to ask you! What’s the name of that guy you like?” Dominico asks. I take a gulp of fresh air.

“NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS!” I yell back at him. Ha! I’ve never been so glad to say that in my life! No more truth serum! Hooray!

“Darn it,” Dominico says, catching up to me. “This close!” I laugh but stop when I take a good look in front of me. There is an altar-looking pedestal in the middle of a circular walled enclosure. In the middle are two identical glowing blue orbs about the size of baseballs. On the other side of the walled enclosure is a tunnel that leads to a banner exclaiming,

‘FINISH!!! : )’ with Lady Fairchild’s office past that.

Dominico and I both carefully approach the pedestal with hesitant steps. So one drains a witch of power and the other drains a warlock of power. Fun, fun.

“Lady’s first?” Dominico asks, gesturing to the orbs. I glare at him and he raises his hands in surrender.

“Both at once,” I propose. He looks unsure but then, weighing the options, sighs in defeat. He stands opposite of me at the pedestal in front of one of the orbs.

“Ready?” I ask.

“One.” He says.

“Two…”

“Three…”

“Now,” I pick up my orb and Dominico picks up his. We both wince in fright even though the orb doesn’t feel like anything special. We both look around, expecting something to blow up. I try to use the wind and Dominico is pushed backwards a couple steps. We chose right! I grin and take off towards the finish.

“Faye, stop!” Dominico exclaims. The magic he puts in his voice causes my feet to freeze. I grit my teeth in irritation. He strolls by me, tossing his orb from hand to hand.

“I win,” he gloats.

“Watch your head,” I growl at him. Dominico gets the message just in time to catch the orb I throw at him.

“You throw like a girl,” he chides me. I race forward and snatch the other orb from his hand. “What?! How…” he looks down at the orb he caught. The one that rendered his powers useless.

“Maybe but it still works!” I exclaim and race.

“Wait!” he calls uselessly. I break the finish line with Dominico right after me.

I am greeted by Lady Fairchild’s slow clap and wide eyes from Rosaline who are both standing right on the other side of the ribbon line.

“Well done!” Lady Fairchild exclaims. I hand her the orb and then collapse on my hands and knees. Dominico doesn’t even bother to hand over his orb before dropping down beside me, looking dizzy. “Really! That was quite a show!” Lady Fairchild continues. “Marvelous performance from both of you!”

“And thus ends my performing career,” I mutter from the ground.

“If this is performing, ‘break a leg’ makes much more sense,” Dominico growls, equally annoyed with Lady Fairchild’s carefree morbid attitude.

“Oh hush now children, you were amazing. The highlight of my month! How entertaining!”

“As great as you make this sound, didn’t you say something about taking measures now that we’re done with that?” I ask her.

“Oh you’re not done yet! You still have to pick his punishment!” Lady Fairchild exclaims. I slowly stand to my feet and give the wizard an incredulous look.

Punishment? Look at him! He’s bleeding out over there! Isn’t the maze itself punishment enough?”

“You’re too soft, Faye. Listen, I’ll give you the options…”

“No! I’m not going to punish him!” I exclaim.

“Faye, just choose one of her stupid punishments. I’ll be fine,” Dominico says. I shake my head at him.

“Dominico, you can barely stand up, you can’t take a punishment,” I say. Lady Fairchild frowns but begins to ponder this. She sighs.

“I suppose you’re right…but rules are rules. Though, splitting a punishment could possibly be allowed. Of course then I’d get to choose what it is…”

“Done.” I say.

“Faye! No! I can handle any of her stupid punishments! You won!” Dominico yells at me. I ignore him and look right at Lady Fairchild.

“What’s the punishment?”

“Rosaline, dear, help Dominico stand,” Lady Fairchild commands. Rosaline scrambles over to Dominico but he waves her away.

“I can do it,” he growls, glaring at Lady Fairchild. Rosaline frowns and backs away. Dominico slowly stands.

“Good, your punishment will be to stand behind this wall,” Lady Fairchild says, conjuring an invisible wall in front of him. Dominico raises an eyebrow.

“That’s it? Fine with me. How long?”

“Until Faye is done.”

“Done with what?” Dominico asks in a hard voice, his muscles going tense. Lady Fairchild smiles at me.

“Remembering,” she says. She reaches one of her hands in front of my face and the room goes dark. In front of me I see everything I’ve been doing, only, backwards. It’s like hitting rewind on a DVD or VCR and watching all the people walking backwards and talking in reverse. My memories were the DVD and Lady Fairchild had the remote. My mind flashes farther and farther back until I see P. It’s when he showed me the magic car for the first time.

 “Seriously with the face though, it’s freaky. If you’re going to kidnap me and not let me see my friend, then at least let me miss him without making me dread his appearance. Common courtesy, man, come on.” I hear myself say and feel my mouth move though in some far corner of my brain I know that this is just a memory. Still I can’t help but actually say exactly what I said then, out loud now. For everyone to hear.

“My personal preferences for socialization have no parallel to the amount of physical ability or aptitude a humanoid or non-humanoid  creature obtains or displays,” Kill me now. A long pause in between the space where P shows me ‘the future.’

“I wouldn’t do that. Not ever.” I go on with my one sided argument, once directed at P and then the part where he turns the car back on.

“Rowan! Gracie!” are the first names I scream but then comes the pain and I literally start screaming and crying out. I keep yelling and yelling until I relive ever single dark nightmare.

“What ‘cha gonna do?” I whisper “Kill me? I’m not much use to you then.”

Suddenly I’m yanked forward in reality to the present. I’m lying on the ground with tears streaming down my face. My throat hurts from the screaming on top of all the wounds from the maze. I look around.

Lady Fairchild is standing in front of me with a calculating look on her face. Rosaline is even paler than normal and trembling with tears in her eyes. Then I look to Dominico. My eyes first travel to his fists which are bleeding and raw against the invisible wall from pounding on it. He had to watch that. All of it.

I can tell from his heavy breathing that he had been screaming too and his eyes are brimmed with tears. Lady Fairchild’s eyes flick to Dominico for a second before waving a hand in a nonchalant gesture to evaporate the wall. Dominico falls over himself as he runs to me and wraps me in a hug.

“Dominico, calm down. That’s past, alright? Not now,” I say, trying desperately hard to make myself sound believable but I can’t even convince myself. I can feel him shaking and I hold him tighter.

“He tortured you,” he says when he regains his ability to talk. “You never made it sound like that when you explained it! I didn’t know it was that bad!”

“Yes, Faye,” Lady Fairchild says, “Sometimes the truth hurts but wouldn’t it have been better if you told him before? This is an awful way for him to figure it out. Do you not trust him enough to tell him?”

“No, I trust him but he didn’t need to know that. It’s only hurting him! Why did you make me show him that?” I demand.

“Because he lost. And I, myself, was very interested to hear your exact words to this ‘P’ person.” Dominico takes a few deep breaths before turning to Lady Fairchild though without letting go of my hand.

“We’re done now. We did what you said. You said that you would take measures against P so he won’t hurt her again. What are you going to do?” he asks.

“Oh, I need to gather some research of my own on ‘P’ so I’m sending to of my employees with you,” Lady Fairchild says. “Rosaline, get Alec. You both are to go with Mr. Redwind and Ms. Lightcaster back to their town. I’ll make the arrangements. You’ll be my eyes and ears.”

“Yes, ma’am.” Rosaline says with a smile and speed-walks to get Alec.

“Faye,” Lady Fairchild says to me after Rosaline leaves, “Your words to P were very brave but what the heck does ‘My personal preferences for socialization have no parallel to the amount of physical ability or aptitude a humanoid or non-humanoid  creature obtains or displays’ mean?”

“Same thing as ‘it’s what’s inside that counts.’” I clarify.

“Interesting word choice,” she says.

“Thank you,” I respond and start to stand up. Dominico does so too but we both have to lean on each other for balance.

“What was even the point of this?” Dominico whispers to me.

“Well, one thing’s for sure. This was one big reason to stay out of politics.”

Alec and Rosaline both enter back into the room and Lady Fairchild says with an uncaring tone,

“Sedate them.” Dominico and I share a look and with an unspoken agreement, we don’t put up a fight as Rosaline and Alec each take out a syringe and poke the needles into our arms.

“Faye,” Dominico says as we both start to fall asleep. “Let’s go home.”

******************************************************

                                                                                                       /

Hey ya'll! Here's the chapter after only one week! Honestly, I meant for more to be in this chapter but it came out longer than I thought it would and unless all of you want to read a 12 page chapter, let's stick with this.And also! BTW on the side is a picture of a Kirin if you were wondering. I didn't make it up. Also if you want to hear a chapter from Dominico's P.O.V. Comment below and it won't be the next chapter but I will do it. If you think that's a bad idea, tell me that too. I'll write accordingly. ANYWHO thanks for reading! Until next time!

Magically yours,

Rosewood7

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

97 19 21
Remi has always loved the forest, the different sounds, smells, the way she could get lost in it and never have to go home to her non-existent parent...
179 24 12
In a world where magical creatures and humans intermix, there are two types of magic and two types of people. Dark magic and light magic. Good people...
7.4K 238 14
𝐍𝐨 𝐨𝐧𝐞, 𝐞𝐬𝐩𝐞𝐜𝐢𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐲 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐦, 𝐡𝐚𝐝 expected their relationship to bloom the way it had. They had very little in common, never paid mu...
92 35 16
Jayson is just an average sarcastic teenage boy with an average life... okay, let's be real, Jayson is everything but average, he has things that oth...