Infatuated: A King's Hart Nov...

By SybilleAlexandrine

THIS STORY IS CURRENTLY BEING EDITED. . . MIND YOURSELF. Nathanial King moved to Savoie, Louisiana to deal wi... More

Before you read. . .
Prologue
I. Girl in the Yellow Lingerie
II. Breakfast Twins
III. King's Fancy
IV. Say You'll Stay
V. So Sweet
VII. Supplication
VIII. Starting something
IX. Royally
Author's Final Words.

VI. Square One

27.2K 1.3K 91
By SybilleAlexandrine

 I awoke later than usual. I would've bolted out of bed but smiled when the familiar vanilla scent went in my nose and in my head. Rolling onto my back, the biggest smile crept onto my face as I remembered soft curls tickling my chest as warm breast filled my mouth.

Nuri Hart.

Last night we ate dinner and I had her for dessert. I had her for dessert all- night- long. It wasn't enough that I had her at the table, I needed to be inside her making her come against every possible surface I could manage. I lost count after our shower session.

She knew how to make a me feel wanted, and pleased me within an inch of my life.This morning, I had so many plans for her and reached over for my phone to make various calls for the day. I wasn't even close to being done with her.

Everything went to shit when I saw the small square paper propped up on the lamp. There were words scribbled on it, and I didn't need to look further than the empty rumpled sheets to know it was from her.

Caught up in the morning glow, I hadn't realized that beside me lay nothing but cold air and I stared at her empty spot unsettled and unnerved.  Was I losing my mind? She was actually here with me. Right? No fucking way I could have imagined it?

I snatched my blackberry along with the damned note and called Ambrose. "Thanks for last night," it read.

"Allo," Ambrose's hoarse voice came through the line after the second ring.

"Where the fuck is she?" I asked and crumpled the paper in my palm chucking it onto the ground.

"Nuri? She check out early this morning ami. Watched her get on the early train back to Savoie."

I sighed. He couldn't know that I was a raging mess or else he wouldn't be so cool. I hesitated at the next question but pushed through regardless. "How was she?" Did she look mortified, like she was ready to jump off the nearest tall building?

"The same as usual. She seem like she was in a rush to get home though." Ambrose sounded weary, as he should. "Something wrong ami?"

"No," I spat back at him too quickly. "I'm fine. Just get me into her hotel room."

"Main oui," he said grunting and we both clicked off.

I chucked the phone across the bed, sat back leaning onto the headboard and stared down at the the tent in the sheets formed by my dick. Last night was beyond perfect, and this morning was a disaster. Here I was in this pathetic state again, and I had no Nuri to show for it. She should have been here helping me to sort things out. Like my dick. It was like I hadn't come for months.

I scowled up at the ceiling brain, a mess. Christ I'm screwed.

Of course she would bolt. We had a one night stand for fuck's sake. She had probably written me off as some sort of player who did this sort of thing on the regular. She wouldn't  have been wrong, but it still had me feeling like a cheap piece of shit.

After days of watching her and nights of jerking off to the fantasy I drummed up about her, I dug an entirely new whole for myself because now I knew exactly what I was missing. I rubbed my hand across my face and forced myself out of bed.

I took a  slow shower, purposely running my hands over myself imagining they were her delicate hands. Frustrated, I ended things convinced it wasn't even close to the real thing. How the fuck could she leave like that without even  a name, or number. Something... hell anything.

Ambrose made good on his word and got me into her hotel room, and I was lucky house keeping hadn't been by yet. The room still had that quaint Nuri stamp on it. She kept the room in top shape, the bed was made and everything in neat order. Her scent hung in the air and I sought out the area where it was most potent.

By the night stand, a small white bottle with a yellow ribbon and black pump caught my eye and I practically pounced on it. What the fuck is wrong with me?

I held it it up to my nose and inhaled the gentle vanilla scent I've come to know as all hers. Closing my eyes, I memorized the smell letting it take me back to when I was buried deep inside her and even right back to the very  first time I saw her out on my balcony.

Ambrose stuck his head in right as I slipped the bottle into my coat pocket. "Got what you come for?"

Not even close. "Yeah, let's get going," I said and walked past him out of the room.

The very minute I got home, I walked past Ms. Thorpe waving haphazardly at her greeting me, and went right to the balcony. Her curtains were drawn shut and there was not even a promise or hope that I would get to see her again.  I held on to the rails gripping them tight and swore at the sky. Back to fucking square one.

I spent the next few days shut away in my office accomplishing fuck all. The days crept by and  I still could not get her out of my head. Ambrose would give me occasional texts, but none of them made me feel any more better.

"Mr. King," my secratary's voice came in through the intercom. "You're conference meeting is ready for the King's Court project. Maggie has everything set up on the fourth floor. Many of the designers have arrived."

Leave it to Maggie to keep things going when I was nothing more than a empty shell of  a person. "Thank you. I'll be right down."

I'm made some effort to fix my hair in the mirror and gave up half way through it. Everything looked in place and all I needed was to get through this meeting and I could go back home, where she was. I still hadn't caught sight of her since we got home, but her curtains were enough. It's been three days. She had to open them sooner or later, and I would be there.

I went through the halls greeting all that came in my path, than pushed through the double doors of the conference room. Multiple pairs of eyes met mine evenly, but none of them were hers.

"Wonderful, Mr. King is here," Maggie smiled and came right up to me hooking her arm around mine. "About time you got your ass down here," she whispered than turned to the small crowd. "Mr. King we have all the young up and coming designers here for the Court project. They have got some really interesting ideas for our model homes."

She smoothed my tie, a habit she got to doing whenever we were about to start some meeting. It was her way of chasing off any young girl thinking I was some easy snatch. I narrowed my eyes on all of them. Three men, and five women and they were all very eager to get started. There was something about a fresh pair of hungry new faces that put me in the right mood. When I was their age I was a success in my own right, but I still wanted more.

"Is this all of them?" I whispered to Maggie.

Before she could answer, the conference doors opened and the beautiful and familiar mass of dark curls came in. Dressed in a simple white satin blouse, and curve hugging white skirt that fell right above her knees, none other than Nuri Hart came into room. She held her coat over her arms and smiled at the other designers.

"You can thank me later," Maggie murmured and pushed away from me to join my angel.  "Nuri, you made it," she drawled and hooked her arm around hers. Nuri's hair was pinned up in some up-do and she looked good enough to eat. I could see myself removing those pins just to see her hair go tumbling around her face like I liked it. Her large dark eyes met mine and the smile on her face slowly faltered.

 Maggie was guiding her off to her seat and our eyes never once left each others. She was just as surprised as I was. I knew there was no way I could get through this meeting with her in the same room, so what was the point of even trying.

"Everyone out," I bit the words our still pinning her with my eyes.

The quiet chatter that had been going on slowly died away as they all looked to me stunned.

"Have this meeting rescheduled. I want everyone out." The harsh edge in my voice couldn't be helped. Nuri righted herself and tugged her coat closer to her body.

Maggie calmly assured everyone that she would be in contact apologizing and sorting things out. I would be hearing about this from her for weeks to come.

Nuri avoided my eyes fast approaching my door, and, in a desperate gesture, I flung myself in her way, my hand clamped down on her upper arm.

"Mr. King," Maggie spoke up. "This is Nuri Hart, she was the young writer we sent to the Royal Grand for the piece in Luxury Magazine. Wouldn't you believe our luck, she's also an interior designer."

Maggie may as well had not even been there cause my attentions were fixed solely on her. "Thanks Maggs. That's all. Please shut the door on your way out." I glared at her, daring her to say another word in protest.

She was taken aback but recognized the look I gave her. "Yes Mr. King," she said quickly and was out of the  room leaving us alone.

We were finally alone.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.1K 215 23
"𝘕𝘪𝘯𝘦 𝘵𝘪𝘮𝘦𝘴 𝘰𝘶𝘵 𝘰𝘧 𝘕𝘪𝘯𝘦, 𝘐 𝘬𝘯𝘰𝘸 𝘺𝘰𝘶'𝘳𝘦 𝘭𝘺𝘪𝘯𝘨... ...𝘣𝘶𝘵 𝘯𝘪𝘯𝘦 𝘵𝘪𝘮𝘦𝘴 𝘰𝘶𝘵 𝘰𝘧...
158K 5.9K 58
"I need to teach you a lesson for defying me," Beau says, and in an instant, my leg on his thigh drops down beside his. He puts his other hand on my...
102 2 10
"Ill do anything for you." He said looking up at me, "And you can do anything to me." "Anything?" I asked softly, now determined to make him regret...
69.1K 3.4K 29
After giving up the love of his life, David Morris had closed of the idea of ever falling in love again, that is until he met Monique. She reminded h...