Gold Sparks

By maddy_vander

Auden Blair thought Ace Blanwell would be just another classmate. When she sees things she shouldn't have tho... More

A/N
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
A/N
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
A/N
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
A/N
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five

Chapter Fifteen

11 2 1
By maddy_vander

Afterschool Brianna was at my hip, pleading in my ear, "Please can we go out! You're always busy with the dance but since you already worked on it today, we can hang out!"

I groan and push her away slightly as she was in my personal bubble, "I have to check with Ace but sure."

I watched as she did a mini happy dance not wanting to gain attention, "I'm going to get my car and bring it up, you find Ace."

After I nodded she ran off, her bun falling out. I laughed at her behaviour then walked back inside the school and headed for Ace's locker, hoping he would be there.

Deciding it was best to tell my mom, I pulled out my phone and dialed her number as I walked to his locker.

"Hi Mom," I said when she picked up.

"Auddy! What do you need?"

"Just wanted to tell you I'm going out with Brianna for awhile."

"Okay that's fine. I'm going to be home late anyway as your dad and I have have lots to work on as a building had a small fire and some files and property was ruined. The company is going pretty crazy and our right on our shoulders making sure we get them their money that's insured."

"So what time do you think you'll be done around?"

"We may not be home till 2 in the morning at the rate this is going Auddy."

"Got it, and thanks. Love you Mom."

"Love you too honey."

I smiled as I hung up and continued on my quest of finding Ace.

My shoulders relaxed when I saw him standing there, alone, on his phone. I smiled as I walked up to him, feeling giddy and nervous for some reason, "Hey Ace."

He slightly jumped at my presence, "Hey Auden, what do you want?" He sounded irritated.

I chose to ignore his attitude and just ask, "Just wondering if we are working on the dance today? Since we already worked first period I thought we could take a break today."

"We took a break yesterday."

"For a different reason," He glared at me for bringing it up, "I just wanted to hang out with my friend Brianna. Why don't you hang out with your friends."

His eyebrows raised and he looked around, "I don't have friends."

I cock a brow, "None?"

Ace shrugged, "Don't really like people."

"But I'm your friend. You like me right?"

He bent his head down, "Depends on how much makes it valid. Also, are you saying I should hang out with you and your friend?"

My hands went up, "No, I was just giving a-"

He closed his locker, "It's settled then. I will hang out with you and Brooke, my new best friends."

"Brianna."

"Whatever, same thing."

I huff, "We're going to the mall."

"I love shopping."

I popped my eyebrows up, "Really?"

He shrugged and put on his jacket, "Well yeah, I need more clothes for you to wear," He winked and put an arm around my shoulder, leading us out of the school.

Brianna's white Mazda MX-5 Miata pulled up to the front just when we exited; for such a conservative girl, she sure had a flashy car. People stared at the car and at me and Ace, or more so, the arm around my shoulder. I tried to ignore it and just looked straight at the car. It was when I opened the door I saw the problem and so did Brianna.

"There's only two seats," I stared at Brianna in horror.

Ace smiled, "Well that's no problem," He sat down and put out his arms, "Just sit on my lap."

I shook my head, "No way."

Brianna joined Ace's side, "Just do it Aud. I really want to hang out even if this dude is here with us."

Ace faced her with a smile, "Thanks Brenda."

"Brianna."

"Same thing."

I looked at the two one more time, then groaned when I saw no other option. "Fine."

I sat down on his lap and felt my whole body heat up. I squealed when I felt his arms wrap around my waist.

"What do you think you are doing?"

He placed his head on my shoulder and whispered in my ear, "The seat belt won't go around the both of us, and I want you to be safe. Have a problem with that?"

I shook my head not able to speak and watched as he closed the door. Closed. Door. It was open before. The whole school saw that I'm on his lap. Oh no.

______________________________________________

Brianna and me were running around the mall trying on clothes for who knows how long while Ace followed behind us. To be honest though, I think he bought more than I did. He didn't lie, he likes shopping.

We were eating in the food court when Ace talked, "Since we're at the mall, why aren't you two getting dresses for the dance?"

I choked on my fry, "Why are you bringing this up? Now Brianna is going to spend five hours looking for a dress at twenty different stores and it's already half past five."

Brianna spoke as she took one of my fries, "Auden's right Ace. Though I'm not going to be the only one getting a dress."

She looked in my direction but I shook my head, "I don't need a dress as I have plenty at home."

She groaned as she stole another fry, "Those dresses are ugly, no offense. Also you are basically planning the whole dance, so you should look amazing."

Ace put up his hand like he needed permission to speak, once Brianna acknowledged him, he spoke, "Auden, don't complain, just get a dress."

I huffed and grabbed a fry out of Brianna's sneaky hand, "One, these are my fries, not yours. Two, stop talking and eat faster so we can get this shopping over with."

Ace and Brianna smiled and high fived each other while I looked down at my half eaten fries and continued to nibble on them.

Less than five minutes later, Brianna was tugging me to the nearest dress shop and already pointing out dresses that would look fabulous on me. Ace stood in the back, looking at dresses surprisingly. For a second I thought he was being serious and was actually trying to find us both a dress, but when he held up a beige mermaid dress with ruffles down the side, I knew he was joking. By the time Brianna had ten dresses I had two; plus three Brianna had also found for me. Ace also found me a dress but wouldn't show me what it looked like till I tried on the other five.

The dresses Brianna choose were cute, but not ones I would feel comfortable wearing out in public. One was too short, the other too puffy and the last one was just plain old ugly in my opinion. When I showed them all to Brianna and Ace, they both laughed at my face and agreed when I said I didn't like them.

I tried on one of the dresses that I had picked. The light pink clashed with my pale skin and I instantly hated it and tried the other one. It was a long sleeved, dark red dress with a crossed, tie up back. I nodded at my reflection and the simple tight dress and went out of the change room.

Brianna giggled and clapped her hands like a child, "I love it."

Ace was silent as he scanned my body. His adam's apple moved up and down as he pushed himself straight up in his seat.

Brianna turned and looked at him with a knowing look while I stood there uncomfortable, not knowing what I should be doing. Clearly my best friend got annoyed with the lack of conversation as she playfully hit Ace on the shoulder. "Doesn't she look nice, Ace?"

He shook his head out of his trance and nodded, "Yeah, you look great Auden. Is that your last dress?" He stood up once I nodded and grabbed a dress from a rank and handed it to me, "Try this one."

I took the dress with another nod and entered the change room and slipped it on. The white fabric of the bottom silky with a slit down the side, showing a tighter bottom similar to the light gold halter top. Normally light colours would wash me out, but this one lit me up and made my green eyes really pop. It was beautiful, I looked beautiful.

"Hurry up Aud, I wanna see it," Brianna whined from behind the door.

With one last look I opened the door. Brianna held the same look I did when a I first saw my reflection and Ace was nowhere to be seen.

"Aud," Brianna spoke, "You look hot," I laughed at her choice of blunt words. "Come on give me a spin." I laughed louder and followed her orders.

My spinning stopped when I heard a crash. I turned to the noise and saw Ace standing there, boxes on the ground surrounding him.

We stared at each other as Brianna giggled under her breath.

Ace stuttered, "You l-look stunning." I blushed and looked down upon hearing his comment.

Brianna couldn't contain herself anymore and she exploded in laughter. "You guys are so getting married," I turned away from Ace to give her a death glare. She smiled innocently and grabbed her dresses and ran into a change room. "I'm going to try mine on while you guys chat about the wedding."

I rolled my eyes and sat on the chair previously accompanied by Brianna. Ace cleaned up the dropped boxes and sat in his seat, staring at me. I could feel his stare and the hair on my arms and neck were straight up.

"Could you not stare?" I asked when I grew too uncomfortable.

"I can't."

I turned to him confused, "You can't? Can't what?"

Ace continued to watch me as he relaxed in the seat, "I can't help but stare at beautiful people."

I blushed and turned to the change room door and waited for Brianna to come out.

Until around seven o'clock, we waited for Brianna as she tried on her ten dresses over and over again. Me, nodding to whatever Brianna was rambling about and how great she looked but could never pull anything off confidently; and Ace, just staring at me with look I couldn't decipher.

But it was the kind of the look that kept me blushing the whole night. 

________________

A/N I don't own any of the pictures so don't sue please :)

Don't forget to like and share!

As always thanks for reading.

Byeee!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

322 67 19
"Mia... Welcome to Verzaubert Akademie!" ________________ I am Mia Adams. A total normal schoolgirl with a pretty normal life to begin with untill...
275 72 31
Plagued by recurring dreams of a faceless, yet strangely familiar man, and struggling to adapt to unique powers, Morgan Cauldwell moves halfway acros...
370 97 20
The future, where a great war generations ago nearly destroyed the human race with disease and famine gave way to a new 'problem'. Once everything wa...
1.4K 68 12
[DISCONTINUED] richard 'ricky' bowen, elijah james 'e.j.' caswell, kourtney 'kourt' elizabeth green, regina 'gina' porter, nina 'nini' salazar-robert...