Red Moon (Snowbaz One Shot)

By Nevalia-Yui

Once a century, The Red Moon appeared in the sky. It was a beautiful and unique moment, everyone at Watford w... More

Red Moon

108 9 40
By Nevalia-Yui

SIMON'S POV.

I had never seen anything this beautiful before - a Red Moon. Normals said it was some scientific phenomenon because they didn't know about magic. The legend - known by anyone from the Wolrd of Mages - said it was the blood drunk by vampires that was colouring the Moon once a century.

Everybody at Watford was outside to watch it. Besides Baz, obviously. When I asked him why he wouldn't come, he simply replied "it's just death painting a part of the sky." Technically, he was right - Baz was always right. Though it was amazing to see. Plus, most of vampires were dead so it was also a sort of celebration. I mean, we didn't celebrate death but Vampires attacked Watford so they were such ennemies to us.

Baz never came to any celebration but I thought he would come to the prom. I couldn't wait to see him in a suit with a girl, it's gonna be so funny. Well, it wasn't actually funny to imagine - I didn't want him to go with a girl. I didn't know why, it just sounded wrong. I didn't think he was gay either though. It was no one of my business anyway and I didn't care.

I was in the garden next to Penny who was gazing up at the sky. The reflect of stars shone in her eyes making them look magic. It was like her magic had token possession of her whole body. I wondered how I looked right now - if my magic could be felt.

It was almost midnight and everyone was appreciating the moment. I was too but I couldn't stop thinking about Baz. Huh, I mean, I was thinking of what he could be plotting right now - of course.

He didn't seemed okay when I left the room but he never really did. Not that I cared but he always acted in a weird way around me. It was probably because he was always thinking about how he could kill me.

He hadn't tried to kill me recently though. In fact, he hadn't since we got into our sixth grade which was two years ago. He just kept being mean to me - it didn't really count as a tentative of murder but it didn't count as a proof of peace either. He was certainly just plotting to get the perfect idea, the perfect way to murder me without anyone suspecting him.

I was kind of tired of him wanting my death but that is life. Or death. or both. I didn't really know.

I wish he didn't hate me that much or at least he could just ignore me. I always felt his gaze on me and when I asked him what the bloody hell was wrong, he just said he was admiring my ugliness and my stupidity. Well, thanks Baz.

I couldn't even say "Ahah you should look at yourself first". Because a) I was sure he was a Vampire so he couldn't see himself in a mirror, b) he was handsome. Okay I disliked him but I wasn't denying the truth. He'd got that superb dark hair and the most beautiful eyes I had ever seen. He was tall and slim and his skin had this wonderful shade of white - a perfect white.

Then a big sound suddenly resounded in the black of the night. Everyone turned around to face its source but no one could exactly see what it was. It looked like a silhouette but I couldn't see whose it is. I didn't even recognize the humanity in it. I mean, it seemed human but you could kind of feel it wasn't totally.

And then another noise. And another one. And so many other ones. Soon there were tens encircle us. The light coming from the moon illuminated each silhouette. Slender, white, dead. Vampires.

They slowly walked in our direction with their gracefulness. No one was moving till that point and then everyone started running everywhere to run away from them. It was a big mess but the dark creatures didn't seem to mind - nor did they seem to enjoy the effect they were raising. They just kept walking to us.

After a few seconds, people started to realize they weren't attacking anyone. All the Mages simply left the cercle formed until there were just the two of Penny and I left in. Vampires didn't even show their fangs to any of them. They were just there, all staring at us. Some curious people stayed to watch what was going to happen as I just felt fear growing inside me.

I mentally called my sword and it quickly appeared in my hand as it felt something was going wrong. I could feel Penny's magic coming to her hands. Either of us knew what they wanted or why they were there but we had been raised to be capable to defend ourselves in this kind of situation. Well, we had just practised a lot since we got attacked way too much for two teenagers.

We waited there a few minutes without moving, just wondering which one of Penny and I or the vampires would make the first step. Were they sent by the Humdrum ? Had they decided to attacked us on the Red Moon day as a kind of revenge for us celebrating their death and the deaths they had caused ? What did they want from us ?

BAZ'S POV.

Crowley, it was just a bloody moon (literally) why were they screaming like that ?

I got out of my bed but I really didn't want to. I was quite enjoying the moment I was having with that book. I went to the window and looked down at the gardens. Everywhere, people were running away from one place - where Snow was, obviously. I didn't even need to look closer to see he and Bunce were surrounded by Vampires.

What the fuck had Snow done this time ?

I wish I didn't care enough about him to go back to my book appreciating his screams in the background but Crowley, it was Simon Snow. I wasn't physically able to let him die because of something else than me. And I certainly wasn't letting the only thing that I still loved in this world to be take away from me by Vampires once again.

I jump off the window and touched down on my feet graciously. The only good point of being a vampire is that you always looked cool and elegant.

I didn't think of anything and simply ran to Snow. I didn't really know what I was doing when I pushed a vampire out of my way so I could get inside that weird creepy circle. Snow turned to face me, surprise painted on his face. He stared at me confusedly for some long seconds that gave me the time to violently blush - which I hoped he didn't see in the night. Bunce was also looking at me but she had that face that said "Huhu I see what you're doing here" and I didn't really understand what she meant.

I stopped looking at Simon that I still could hear thinking "what the hell is he doing here" and focused on the vampires. They were thirteen, exactly like the night they killed my mom. They looked young - too young to be experienced enough. I didn't know the reason why they were here but I definitely didn't want them to be here.

I was not letting them approach Simon bloody Snow. That idiot was not going to die tonight because of fucking Vampires. I wasn't going through another death - certainly not Simon's. I never wanted to go through his death even though I probably would be the one to cause it because I was Baz Pitch and he was the Chosen One and I was meant to hate him. But the truth was that I was desperately in love with Simon Snow.

I felt my magic running through my whole body - from my head to my feet. Fire was growing up inside me only wanting to explode. I felt like a volcano that only needed a last shock to erupt.

And then I saw Bunce petrified who was trying to get ready to attack the vampires. I saw the dark creatures that was the same disgusting race as me and their fangs slowly getting out. I saw people around us staring at us not knowing what to do. And I saw Snow.

He was holding his sword in his right hand and looked worried. Not about the fight or the fact that he was probably going to die - which I wouldn't let happen. No, his worried gaze was on me. I didn't understand why, maybe he thought I was going to kill him. Simon Snow's eyes were the prettiest thing in the whole universe. I liked their colour or just they way they had to look at everything like it was something special.

I was not letting Simon Snow die today.

And then like a firework, my magic exploded and fire came out of me. He was not leaving me. I directed it in a vampire's direction and they died almost immediately. He was not abandoning me like my mother had. It seemed to start the fight. He was not dying before I kissed him.

Bunce began casting spell towards vampires trying to set them on fire but all they got was hurt. Snow was riving the air with his sword. Crowley, he was handsome. He stabbed the creatures but didn't kill them since they only could get killed by fire. However, he didn't want to set Watford on fire.

I just killed every single vampire that was on my way. I didn't even look at them before, I just did. I glanced over at Bunce who was doing pretty well and was currently fighting two vampires. And then there was Snow who hurt them but never killed them.

I felt like I was about to run out of magic soon. I had put so much energy into killing the first vampires and Bunce only had killed one at the moment. I would not be able to kill about then of them alone. Once again Snow was a useless little shit.

A rather tall Vampire then approached me. He was older then the others and way taller than me. He was more powerful than me and I could tell just by looking at him. I started throwing balls of fire to him but he avoided all of them. I was starting to get tired and he wasn't even hurt yet.

Then I felt a warm hand on my right shoulder - Snow's hand. I turned to face him, confused. He simply smiled and squeezed my shoulder. I suddenly felt better, stronger. I felt his magic in my veins and it was so hot. Fire formed at my fingertips and I didn't control it. It was like the fire coming from Snow was taking over me.

I thought about how his thumb was slightly touched my neck making me shiver. I thought about how close he was. I thought about how fucking easy it would be to kiss him. I raised my arms and let the fire come out of my fingers. It felt so good, I was drunk of his magic. I never wanted to let it go.

I - we - killed all of the vampires. After that, I felt empty like all my magic had gone. But deep inside me, I knew it was still there, just weak. Snow's hand was still on my shoulder when we finished. Bunce was exhausted and looked up at us. She smiled - because Snow was alive, I guess ?

SIMON'S POV.

We were back in our room and Baz acted like nothing had happened - like we hadn't shared magic once again. We did that once as we were fighting a dragon and he was now ignoring me as he did that day. He sat on his bed and was trying to take off the blood from his face. He was probably a torture to him to be covered of blood as he was a vampire.

I was staring at him when he bitterly asked, "What are you doing, Snow ?"

"I thought we would talk about what happened," I replied and he didn't look up at me, still focused on his hand.

"I don't know what you're talking about," he shrugged.

"Magic." And he finally looked up at me. He raised an eyebrow and was about to make a comment about how stupid I sounded as he always did probably when he stopped himself. His eyes went from my face to my bleeding neck. He opened his mouth but didn't say anything. "Simon..." he finally murmured.

"It's nothing, really," I tried to laugh but it just sounded as fake as it was.

I had been bitten during the fight but I had tried to hide it with my colar. I didn't want anyone to know and I didn't know what to do. Was it going to be painful ? Was I going to die ? I had been trying to tell everyone Baz was a Vampire since year 5 and now... I was just about to become one.

"You... You've been bitten ?" he asked, his voice was shaking just as his hands. He looked concerned but also terrified. Baz Pitch was concerned about me.

"Yeah but it... that's okay," I said.

He slowly got up and walked to my bed where I sat. He kneeled down and his eyes met mines. Crowley, his eyes. We had never been this close to each other and I kind of appreciated it. I enjoyed being close enough to see each detail of his face.

"May I ?" he asked and I nodded. He slowly approached his fingers to my neck and effloresced the spot where the vampire had bitten me. He was focused on it and I profited of his inattention to look down at him.

Baz Pitch had tears in his eyes. "I am so sorry," he breathed. He dropped his hand and our gazes met once again. A mix of sadness and guilt was taking over the blue of his eyes. "I am so sorry I wasn't strong enough to protect you."

"Yeah, I guess it's gonna be harder to kill me now," I said. And then he looked guiltier and also hurt and I just wanted to tell him I was sorry and hug him. What was wrong with me ? He was was sworn enemy and we hated each other. Though when I looked at his eyes, he simply seemed to hate himself and I hated that.

I took his cold hand but I didn't really know why - I guess I just felt like doing it. He stared at our hands and furiously blushed. Crowley, did he like me ? Did Baz like me ?

And I didn't know why and I wasn't thinking and I just... kind of suddenly decided to do it but I kissed him. He was so cold. His hands, his skin, his lips. Every single part of him was cold. But the simple taste of his lips on mine made me feel so warm.

BAZ'S POV.

He kissed me. His warmth was taking over my whole body. I wasn't drunk of his magic anymore. I was drunk of Simon Snow and his bloody lips.

SIMON'S POV.

I was kissing Baz. A boy. A vampire. My enemy.

But in some way I already wanted to kiss him again tomorrow and the day after until I died kissing him.

BAZ'S POV.

I shouldn't do that. I should be trying to kill him. I should plot against him. This was wrong.

But at the moment, I felt like there was nothing righter.

_____

SIMON'S POV.

That night I kissed him for the first time. That night I became a monster.

And that night, I told him we were now both written on the moon.

And that night, he said we were stars.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1M 59.7K 37
It's the 2nd season of " My Heaven's Flower " The most thrilling love triangle story in which Mohammad Abdullah ( Jeon Junghoon's ) daughter Mishel...
402K 12.1K 93
Theresa Murphy, singer-songwriter and rising film star, best friends with Conan Gray and Olivia Rodrigo. Charles Leclerc, Formula 1 driver for Ferrar...
832K 50.7K 115
Kira Kokoa was a completely normal girl... At least that's what she wants you to believe. A brilliant mind-reader that's been masquerading as quirkle...
55.1M 1.8M 66
Henley agrees to pretend to date millionaire Bennett Calloway for a fee, falling in love as she wonders - how is he involved in her brother's false c...