The Monster Under My Bed • Pe...

By gisiadakota

[ COMPLETED ] [BOOK HAS BEEN HEAVILY EDITED & IS UNDERGOING MORE EDITING BC 13 Y/O WRITING IS BAD AND I HATE... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41 (for real)
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Epilogue

Chapter 23

5.6K 148 114
By gisiadakota

Corey.

Corey.

Corey.

Why is that all I can think about?

I've heard that name before.

But where?

It wasn't from when Peter told me what happened.

I feel like I've known this.. "Corey" for much longer than Peter says.

My whole life even.

But I've been with Peter my whole life.

Because Peter is my father.

Isn't he?

--------------------------------------------

"Adelaide, darling, how long have you been awake?" I looked up from my sore fingers to see Peter walking in. I shrugged.

"I feel like it's been no time at all. But if I had to guess, I'd say and hour at the most," he nodded, glancing around awkwardly.

"So how're you feeling? Any better?" I only shrugged again.

"Alright," he smiled at me and sat on the edge of the bed as I said it.

I pulled my knees from their criss crossed position, and shoved them under my chin, and into my chest.

"Is there anything you want?" I was about to shrug one last time, but I really didn't want him bugging me at the moment. So I lied. Let's just hope he doesn't know about it.

Cause apparently he can read my thoughts.

"I could go for some food," I murmured.

"Alright, anything in particular?" He asked me.

"I don't know. I feel like I haven't eaten in days, so a lot of food would be ideal," I said shyly. He grinned at me.

"It's good that you want to eat. You've been passed out-not to mention in a bad and unhealthy state-for a long time,"

Nodding, he leaned in, placing a hand on the back of my head, and pulled me in. When he kissed my forehead, it felt like it'd happened many times before. I got this feeling of trust and safety, but not from Peter. Just, in general.

I can't explain it.

He pulled away smiling, and stood up. "

I'll be back soon Kitten," I nodded, watching him leave and sitting there quietly all the while.

Finally I'm alone.

Oops. Did he hear that.

Whatever, who cares.

"So now, this.. 'Corey'," I let out an exaggerated sigh and put my hands up in air quotes. I thought it was best to speak out loud instead of thinking inside my head and letting Peter know everything. My head dropped in annoyance and I rubbed it in pain, trying to search for the answer.

"Where... where... where.... where would I remember him from..." I sighed. "Peter said he was one of his boys, maybe something happened before whatever this incident was," I growled in frustration.

"UGH!" I screamed. Looking around, I saw the moonlight shining in through a few windows, and it reflected a little light that made me notice something sitting on a little table on the side of the room, landing on an object.

"What is that..?" I whispered to myself. Slowly, I pushed myself up and crawled over the mattress. As I stepped onto the cold, dusty, wooden floor, I saw what it was.

It was a dreamcatcher.

And it looked beautiful, with the centre stone glowing in the moonlight. I reached out my hand, entranced by the beautiful gem. But my hand redirected itself, strangely enough, to the small moon pendant on the end of the chain.

The moon.

My eyes widened, and just before I touched it, I pulled myself back.

"The moon," I whispered.

A memory came flooding back to me. A song. A song I used to have sung to me every night. My brother always sang it to me when I was upset. Yet Peter hadn't mentioned me having a brother, and I knew it wasn't him for sure.

Before I was going to make assumptions and accusations, I thought it was best to find out a little more. So, I practically leaped back onto the bed, a newfound joy planted firmly in my chest. The grin on my face was probably a dead giveaway to anyone within a 30 mile radius of me, that something extremely happy had happened to me. At least something that qualified as happy to me. The tune filled my ears, repeating itself over and over again. It was mesmerizing, sort of like the music Peter played me before. But this had more... meaning to it.

I don't think I realized but I started to speak it out loud quietly.

"Mr.Man. On the moon. Don't you think you're coming out too soon? Your light. Tonight. Is just a little itty bit too bright. There's a boy. And a girl. Waiting on their chance to spoon. So blow out your candle. And toddle off to bed. Mr.Man. On the moon,"

Over and over again, I hummed the soft lullaby that brought me this huge sensation of joy. This wave of utter happiness. It's like a little ball had formed in my chest-but it wasn't heavy. It was relieving.

Somehow.

I sat against the headboard, looking down at my fingers with a smile. They were still sore from me playing with them. It was almost like I was massaging my own fingers. There was a little noise, and a huff, so I lifted my head, silencing myself immediately. Just to see Peter struggling up the little ladder, food in his arms.

"Do you want some help?" I spoke up.

"No no no, it's alright," he shook his head. Eventually he was just a foot away from the bed. In his hands were a cup, a bowl and a plate. All made of wood. His arms were cradling different kinds of fruit, including two apples, two bananas and some kind of fruits I'd never seen before.

As he was about to sit down, one of the apples fell and I caught it on instinct. His eyes widened when his gaze fixed on my outstretched hand.

"I've never seen your reflexes work like that,"

I shrugged in response, it just felt natural to me.

"Maybe it came with the bad head," I joked, but his eyes only rolled. He sat down, handing me the plate and bowl after I put the apple down.

I placed them on the bed, resting them against my legs so that they wouldn't topple over. A wide smile grew on my face at the chicken (or at least what looked like chicken) and peas on the plate. And in the bowl, an amazing smelling broth. When I glanced up, he was handing me an apple. But something about it was off putting. I smiled sheepishly at him, a nervous slouch forming at my shoulders.

"I'm sorry but I don't like apples," I said quietly.

"Who doesn't like apples?" He was still standing next to the bed and staring down at me with furrowed brows.

"Me. Wouldn't you remember that? You are my father..?" I asked him again. His eyes widened worriedly.

"Of course, do you doubt me?" He asked.

"No. Why would I?" I replied back quickly. He just sighed, sitting down and placing the fruit on the bed, and the cup on the night table.

"Just eat up love, you seem very hungry,"

I nodded, immediately digging into the food. A wide smile was set on his face, and he seemed genuinely happy I was eating.

"You really were hungry," he chuckled.

After what seemed like half an hour, the food was gone. Like, completely. I mean he'd had both apples as he watched me pigging out on dinner. As well as one of each of the other fruits. He never told me the name of the strange pink one, but it was delicious.

Delicious.

It was so juicy, and the flavour somehow managed to fill all of my senses with delight. Kind of like the song.

I'd neatly placed all of the wooden platters on the night stand, and was currently just sipping the water the cup had contained.

"There you go darling, now. Are you tired?"

Now that I think about it, yes, actually.

Letting out a big yawn, he chuckled.

"Seems like I was right. My little kitten was tired," the nickname was somehow comforting, yet at the same time it made my skin crawl. I quickly put the water on the table, yawning again.

"Come here kitty," he put out his arms and I shifted forwards into his chest. His arms wrapped around me, creating a warm embrace. A lazy grin spread across my face and I nuzzled my head on his chest. "There's my little smitten kitten. Look at that grin," he whispered to himself, rubbing the edge of my mouth.

I let another yawn escape my lips, and he sat against the footboard of the bed. Not the headboard. The footboard. The one at the end of the bed.

Slowly and surely, my thoughts drifted away, and my mind shut off, as I was once again, dragged into the unconscious bliss of sleep.

A/N: well that was fun :)

Honestly I think this chapter is kind of eh but yeaaaah

Anyways I love how it was over 700 views I was thanking for and now it's like over 900 so yeah the usual;

THANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOU!!!!!!!! 💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚💚

I would actually like to thank everyone who sat down at their computer, or phone, or iPad or tablet or any electronic to take the time to read this, as well as anyone who added it to any reading lists or voted :) it really means a lot to me that you've done that, as it helps me continue to post a chapter and it helps improve my writing skills!!

Still waiting on those comments though...

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

BUT! I honestly don't know at this point like I have ideas I wrote down on a page and some stuff but yeah...

Oh here's something; The lullaby is actually my own family lullaby that we always sang to each other so that's why there isn't a video with the music.

Also people can't attempt copywrite (I hope) cause they don't know the tune... 😈

I SWEAR IF I SEE MY CHILDHOOD LULLABY PLASTERED ACROSS SOCIAL MEDIA SOMEDAY BY SOMEONE OTHER THAN MYSELF OR FAMILY I WILL PERSONALLY HUNT YOU DOWN!

Just saying :)

Love y'all whomever you may be!! Xx :D

-R

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

43.9K 872 20
💚Under Editing Seperately💚 Taken from your true home you end up in the Enchanted Forest, living with the Evil Queen. During the dark curse you fou...
7.6K 121 22
I sit here alone in this dark cave, whimpering slightly. In some other universe, my window is open and I'm laying on my floor. I'm 11 years old and n...
13.9K 183 57
"Fuck." He whispers into my neck, sending a thrill of excitement through my body. His lips still smothered kisses over my neck and his hands roamed...
148K 2.4K 100
!Book one out of three! There is a part two to this book you don't have to read it but if you would like to it's called "My princess to the Black Wid...