Pen Friends

By aanavats01

Ranked #1 in Letter category (11-May-2018) Ranked #22 on (11-05-2018). Ever wondered in this 21st century whe... More

Chapter 1 - Introduction!!
Chapter 2 - Nial Morgan!!
Chapter 3 - Lone Boy!!
Chapter 4 - Austin Williams!!
Chapter 5 - Pretending Friends!!
Chapter 6 - I've Nothing Special!!
Chapter 7 - Surprise!!
Chapter 8 - Happy Friendship Day!!
Chapter 9 - Secret Admirer
Trapped!!
Chapter 10 - Party!!
Chapter 11- Secrets!!
Chapter 12 - Locker!!
Chapter 13 - Broken Heart!!
Chapter 14 - Face Time!!
Chapter 15 - Kate Perish!!
Chapter 16 - Punishment!!
Chapter 17 - Hangout!!
Chapter 18 - I Hate Rain!!
Chapter 19 - My Sketch!!
Chapter 20 - I'm screwed!!
Chapter 21 - Play!!
Chapter 22 - Joy!!
Chapter 24 - Party Part 2!!
Chapter 25 - Happy Birthday!!
Chapter 26 - Nial Is Not Mine!!
Chapter 27 - On A Mission!!
Chapter 28 - Max, My Boyfriend!!
Chapter 29- Mom's Friend!!
Chapter 30- Hate Austin!!
Chapter 31- Unknown Feelings!!
Chapter 32- Bipolar Austin!!
Chapter 33 - Deal!!
Chapter 34 - Kate Loves Rian!!
Chapter 35 - Big Change!!
Chapter 36 - I'm Special!!
Chapter 37- Rian leaving!!
Chapter 38- Shopping!!
Chapter 39- Austin sucks!!
Chapter 40- Special Guest!!
Chapter 41 - Rian's Ex!!
Chapter 42 - Let Her Go!!
Chapter 43 - Unexpected Guest!!
Chapter 44 - His Confession!!
Chapter 45 - Austin's Fan!!
Chapter 46 - Weak Moment!
Chapter 47- Rian's plan!!
Chapter 48 - Run For Life!!
Chapter 49 - I'm Not Sorry!
Chapter 50 - First Date!
Chapter 51 - Valentine's Day Special!
Chapter 52 - Crazy Austin!!
Chapter 53 - Nana Is Ill!!
Chapter 54 - I Like You!
Chapter 55 - Can It Be Love?
Chapter 56 - I'm Jealous!!
Chapter 57 - Goodbyes!!
Chapter 58 - Stay!
Chapter 59 - Letters!!
Chapter 60 - Promise!!
Chapter 61 - In Love!!
Epilogue!!
BONUS Chapter!!

Chapter 23 - Party Part 1

1.9K 164 85
By aanavats01

Nicole's P.O.V.

"But you do need a dress", Cali said.

"I've many, trust me", I again said passing her the coffee.

"You can join me then", Jason said.

"Please shopping with you would be the last thing I wanna do", I said giving him his coffee mug.

So, basically we all are at my place again for the third time in this week, thanks to Mr. lone boy and deciding our attire to wear for this ball dance party.

When I showed my letter to Cali and Jason, more like I read the letter out for them, they both were happy and excited to meet him too.

"But you can't wear an old dress Cole", Cali said.

"I've used them once and that too at my mom's party, no one had seen those dresses Cali, so please I'm so not into shopping", I again said.

"Okie, me and Cali would go together, that's not a biggie but I had one question to ask", Jason said.

"Yeah go on", I said sipping my coffee.

"What if your pen friend aka Lone boy would not be so smart, what if he's a nerd?", Jason said.

"Yeah, I was also thinking the same. What if he is all ugly and wierdo and is a geek?", Cali added her imagination.

Holy shit!! Why didn't I think this way? I thought.

Because you're so busy in reading his letters and were bounded by his words, said my mind.

"Well, I don't think so that he would be that bad looking", I replied.

"And how can you be so sure?", They both asked.

"Because Ellie knew him", was my dumbest answer.

"So?", Cali said.

"So, Ellie won't help any geek and it's my intuition that he won't be that bad looking", I said more like consoling myself.

"Can't give a nice explanation Cole, you're crazy", Jason said.

Hmm, what if he's actually not a good looking boy? I agree that I'm not the most beautiful girl but I do need someone who can pair with me. I don't want Ashley to make fun of me. What if he actually turned out to be one of the most wierd boy ever? God, I'm screwed.

"Then what should I do?", I asked.

"Have a backup", Jason said.

"What do you mean?", Cali said.

"I've this one friend of mine who can help us. If your lone boy turned out to be an inappropriate person then we could replace him with my friend", he said.

"That would be good, what say Cole?", Cali asked.

No, that won't be!!

I inhaled and then said, "No, that's a bad idea. Whosoever he may be, he's the one who made me feel special and I wanna see the real him, I don't care about his looks or anything".

They both saw me as if I had grow another head and then looked at each other.

"Is she okay?", Jason asked.

"I guess we should talk to a doctor", Cali suggested and I rolled my eyes.

"Shut up, I'm fine and this is my final answer now, end of discussion", I said and they both quietly nodded.

We'll soon be meeting Lone Boy!! One day to go.

✍✍✍✍✍✍✍✍✍✍✍✍

Lone's Boy P.O.V.

She, Nicole Anderson aka Happy girl, who is having no idea about me had became an important part of my life.

Strange right?

I still remember the first time I saw her. That day was the turning point of my life. I usually went to the backside forest area of the college to get some peace, some mental peace.

I had a habit of writing my frustration down on a peace of paper or diary, it helps me get relaxed. That day also, I wrote down my thoughts on a paper but I couldn't complete writing when my phone buzzed.

I need to go back to the college but I decided to left my bag as I knew that it wouldn't take that long. When I was coming back, I saw her going towards the forest. She didn't noticed me as she was all busy in her thoughts.

When I came back, I saw her walking away, towards the college. I didn't knew her so ignoring her thoughts I again started writing but much to my schok, my letter had something written on it, by someone named Happy Girl.

It annoys me to the top that how dare she read my letter and from that day our sweet yet harmless argument started. Earlier, I hated her and her replies but soon I started enjoying her presence through a piece of paper.

A paper and a pen, the only source of our sharing our views and being in touch with each other. She didn't knew me and that's why she was true to me. There was transparency between us but I do checked her out and even stalked her to confirm that she had kept our small bonding as secret. Ellie helped a lot in this, why wouldn't she? (Smirks*)

I don't have any crush on her, nor do I like her but she had became a habit for me. I'm used to talk to her, to hear from her. I don't want this daily talk to break ever, only when One day I heard a rumor about me being in love with her.

I felt bad that day, reason I don't know. I felt betrayed and decided to quit her. Though I wanted to listen her side of story but decided to pass it away. But she being the stubborn girl, still sent me the letter trying to give her explanation and didn't give up on me.

I liked it, a girl with a stubborn heart and bravery is actually lethal and so is she. She's different from others. She doesn't care about the beauty she posses, she's oblivious of the attention and staring she got from others and most importantly when she doesn't even try!! She is a real beauty and she hardly knew this.

She had guts, she rejected my proposal and that too two times. She sent back the sketch I made only for her, for which I took one whole week and declared us as strangers. Seriously, A girl she is!!

But I wanted her to know me before cutting off our small and cute bonding for ever. I don't know how will she react, neither do I know would she love to be friend with me or not but for sure I would make this Ball Dance party worth our past few days friendship. I would give her the best farewell if she would deny to be with me in future.

I'm all ready for this Ball Dance party, I hope she'll be as excited as I'm to meet her. I'm coming my happy girl.

With this one thought in mind, Lone boy left for the the ball dance party!!

✍✍✍✍✍✍✍✍✍✍✍✍✍✍✍✍

Nicole's P.O.V.

"So, You girls ready?", Julian asked whilst coming to the room.

"Yes, we're. How are we looking?", Cali said while I was busy straightening my hair.

"Wow you both look like a beautiful young lady", she said and hugged me and Cali one by one.

"Thanks Julian. I hope today Nicole got to know about his secret admirer", Cali mocked and I just glared at her.

"I wish you all the best Cole", Julian said excitedly. Talk about me, I'm here freaking with nervousness inside but I've to keep my face normal.

"Thanks", was all I could say.

Me and Cali both left the home and waited for boys to show up. She said Max would be escorting us. I glanced one last time at our attire. I've worn this blue knee length dress as this is the most decent dress I've got and Cali is looking stunning as always in her black dress with her hairs naturally opened with all curls.

Max would be having a hard time keeping his hands off to him. We checked our purse for all the necessary things we would need at the party. Soon Max car came and Cali went with her. What? He was here to take his girl.

I'm waiting for Jason to come, much to my liking because there are no chances of my pen friend to come at my place and escort me. Jason came after like ten minutes looking actually good in his suit.

He wasn't alone, there was a girl with him. Well, I hadn't seen her before so I just took the back seat whilst she was on the front seat with Jason. He started the car and the girl turned back and passed me a friendly smile.

"Nicole meet Melisa, and Melisa she is cole, my best friend", Jason said.

"Hi", Melisa said forwarding her hands.

"Hi, it's nice to meet you", I said holding her hands.

"Pleasure is all mine", she said and I passed her a tight smile. It's not that I don't like her but a funny feeling was reigning inside my stomach. I was actually nervous and excited to meet Lone boy and I couldn't keep my adrenaline in control.

Soon, In no time we reached college which was lighting with lights. It was looking like a palace where everyone would get their dream boys. Okay, I'm being a bit cheesy but can you blame me?

I don't even know where would I found him? He should have given me a hint or his mobile number, so that I could contact him but he being the most secret boy ever, is just making me sweat out of nervousness.

Me along with Jason and Melisa came out and walked together inside the college and me trying to mask a normal look at my face with my legs trembling. I don't care how do he look like but at least he must come in front of me.

Ever experienced that wierd thumping of heart before seeing your exams result, that time you don't care about your result, weather it's good or bad, that rapid beating of heart stops once you saw your result and your mood goes the way according to the grades you got.

Same I'm feeling right now, where are you lone boy? I'm all here for you and I hope you won't let me down today. I stopped at a good distance from the entrance of the auditorium and asked Jason and Melisa to go ahead as I'll be joining them soon.

I called Ellie with trembling hands and she picked it up in like fourth call.

"Hello", she said.

"Hey, it's Nicole here", I replied breathing heavily.

"I knew that", she chukled and I bit my lips out of embarrassment.

"Yeah, of course. I was just wondering, is he here?", I asked glancing look at the couple's passing by my side inside the college.

"He? Who? What are you talking?", Ellie said but I didn't miss the hint of amusement in her voice.

"You know who? Please Ellie, this is not the time", I said and stand taking the support of wall behind me. I really don't know why am I freaking out?

"Yes, he's here and is waiting for you", she replied.

"Where?", I asked trying hard to calm my excitement.

She again chukled and said, "The place where you met for the first time".

"Are you kidding me? I'm so not going there in the forest in this dark. I mean C'mon", I whined.

"I'm sorry but I've to go now. I can't ruin my date now. Go and enjoy Cole", she said and hung up.

Great now. Lone boy you're testing my patience. This is not done!!

Gaining some confidence in my poor heart, I moved inside the dark forest using the torch of my mobile. God bless the inventor of mobile phones. Taking curious steps and being very very careful, I moved towards the place.

I saw a boy few steps ahead of me, wearing a white suit along with blue denim and his dress was shining proudly in the moonlight. My breath stuck in my throat. The boy I've been talking from so long and have imagined would soon be giving a face to my imagination.

"You came finally", he said with his back towards me and it took me seconds to recognise his voice.

"You? Are you Lone Boy?", I asked and he turned smiling molar to molar at me.

"Yes, happy girl. Guess you recognise me soon", he smirked.

"Rian Louis, I hope this is not a joke", I said.

"Here, the proof of my truth", he said and passed me a paper. I opened it and it was my sketch.

I looked at Rian and then at my sketch. It means my suspicion was right, Rian is the Lone Boy. Oh, joy!!

-------------------------

Hey cupcakes!! How's you?

So, finally secret revealed? No cliff hanger today!!

I've updated early, I'm good na!!

Thanks to all for the love to Pen friends, my book is in top 100 in teen fiction.

Vote, comments and share.

Instagram: soul.musical

Keep reading..
Love you all..
Aana.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

801K 26K 43
Everything was tasteless..bland. People in this universe never tasted anything until they found their soulmates. The number of days until they get to...
400K 10.4K 57
"Her troubled eyes held fire. The kind of fire that was capable of burning me to ash." ***** I grabbed her chin with my free hand, making her look at...
22.2K 701 18
"Why did this feel so absolutely perfect?! And hey, how come nobody told me I was gay?!" Sean is an artistic guy. He loves to draw, more digitally th...