Hardly A Hero [REWRITTEN ON N...

By SkyHunterXoX

NOW REWRITTEN ON MY NEW ACCOUNT - aprilismissingagain Rose O'Connolly hasn't lead an ordinary life. By day, s... More

Chapter 1: Nerd By Day
Chapter 2: Anti-Hero By Night
Chapter 3: The Crush, The Capes and The Big Revelation.
Chapter 4: The Board of Bad News
Chapter 5: Deadpool is Red, Nightwing is Blue...
Chapter 6: What Is Batman Without His Robin?
Chapter 7: TerraStorm
Chapter 8: Back To Being Clark Kent
Chapter 10: The Best Friend, The Bad Guy And The Heist.
Chapter 11: Villains Have Hearts... Just Very Small Ones Made Of Stone.
Chapter 12: Flipped Upside Down
Chapter 13: The Good, The Bad and the Worst.
Chapter 14: The Killing Deal
Chapter 15: Blueprint
Author's Notification ~ PLEASE READ
Chapter 16: Love Spells and Rookie Red
Chapter 17: The Heist ~ Part 1
Chapter 18: The Heist ~ Part 2
Chapter 19: The Heist ~ Part 3
Chapter 20: The Great Escape
Chapter 21: Lets talk, Face to Mask.
Chapter 22: Red Roses and Rom-Coms
Chapter 23: Papa Smurf and Child's Profanity
Chapter 24: The Chemistry Between Us
Chapter 25: To Prom, You Must Go
Chapter 26: Mother Knows Best
Chapter 27: Stranger Danger
Chapter 28: What A Super Surprise
Chapter 29: Midnight Confessions
Chapter 30: The Robin Before Nightwing
Chapter 31: From Beyond The Grave
Chapter 32: Back to Square One
Chapter 33: Unbalanced
Chapter 34: The Tom Cruise Way
Chapter 35: The One With No Plan
Chapter 36: The Beginning of a New Beginning
Chapter 37: Never A Plan Like No Plan
Chapter 38: Villains Don't Fall In Love
Chapter 39: A Changed Person
Chapter 40: Treat 'em Mean to Keep 'em Weak
Huge Update!!!!

Chapter 9: I Don't Dance, Dont Ask Me.

3.5K 270 124
By SkyHunterXoX

"I think this colour would look good with your hair."

Jazmine was in her natural habitat (aside from the computer lab): the walk-in wardrobe.

She was running back and forth, placing designer, floor-length dresses in front of my inelegant figure.

I looked down at my flimsy, chest-length hair which hardly made me feel like I belonged at a gala. It was dark at the roots while the blonde parts fell in wavy tendrils that, I had to admit, hadn't been properly combed in a while. Causing mischief and trying to help Ben didn't leave much time for beautifying regimes and spa treatments. Jazmine, on the other hand, was ready to walk the red carpet at any point in the day.

She had picked out an elegant, rose-gold floor-length gown for herself within the first couple of minutes of getting home.

"I think..." She mumbled to herself. "I think a dark red would suit you." She beamed at me with the idea and I placed my hands on my hips.

"So, basically a dress version of my Super disguise then?"

"Yeah!"

I had to admit, I really liked the idea.

She crossed the room diagonally to the back of the closet, sliding hangers back and forth across the metal bars.

"I've found it!"

She pulled out a dark red, layered dress that was short at the front and slightly longer at the back. There was a black belt around the waist with a small, gold clasp in the shape of an oval. Jazmine twirled the dress around, giving off a sickly sweet, princess-y vibe.

I scoffed at how girly this was but I couldn't help but stand back and admire the dress. It looked genuinely quite... nice.

"Put it on! Put it on!" Jazmine screeched when I hadn't objected to it in the first couple of seconds. "We still have to do hair and makeup!"

"I'm fine like-" I started.

Who was I kidding?

Jazmine gave me a doubtful look and I rolled my eyes.

"Okay, your majesty."

<><><><><><>

"Wait!" Jazmine shouted from the top of the stairs, just as I was about to open the front door. "It's Masquerade themed, we need masks."

"Well, do you have any?"

She bit her lip, running her hand up and down the chain on her clutch bag.

"I have one, but so do you..."

I shook my head. "I can't wear mine! What if someone recognizes me!"

"They won't! No-one will recognize you. And if they do, just get the hell out of there." She couldn't refrain from chuckling on the last sentence.

I sighed.

"Well," I brushed my dress with my hands and opened the door. "Better get going then."

<><><><><><>

Jazmine's father disappeared to mingle with guests as soon as we walked through the door.

I gawked at the scene in front of me.

A chandelier the size of my house hung majestically from the ceiling, flooding the room with soft, cream light. The hall was huge, occupied mainly with groups mingling and sipping champagne while some couples twirled rhythmically to the gentle music. Two giant staircases framed the building, curving around the edges of the outer walls and joining together on the second floor, where many guests talked and drank by the banisters.

"Whoa." I gawked, Jazmine amused at my reaction.

"I know right. Let's go!" She clasped my hand and dragged me further into the mansion while I continued to gape at the architecture.

"What do we even do?" I asked as we came to a halt in front of the dance floor.

"Well, I usually mingle with guests. It helps my father's reputation and also aids my social skills. I imagine you will probably stay at the buffet, avoiding human contact, if you had things your way."

She was spot on, that was definitely me.

"I assume you won't let me have my way though." I said, watching the dancing couples waltz around in a very formal and professional manor.

"You bet your ass I won't."

She laughed and I rolled my eyes, as usual.

We stood in silence for a moment, soaking up the warm, happy atmosphere and standing side-by-side by the bottom of the stairs.

"I think you are in need of a drink." Jazmine theorized correctly.

"In that case, I'll grab us some soda." I was about to walk off and attempt to find the drinks table when she placed her hand on my shoulder, laughing.

"Gosh, you really are inexperienced at this, aren't you?"

I stared at her, befuddled.

"You of all people should know that I don't leave my HQ much." Saying that, I remembered something but more scandalous. "On that topic, I think you should know that Sebastian may have stumbled across my real identity..."

I knew Jazmine wasn't going to like this.

"Sebastian? The tech guy? I wanted to be special! I wanted to be the only one who knew!"

Jazmine spent the next few minutes complaining as if she had just found out she was going to have a baby brother and didn't want to share the attention.

"I don't even like him! He's weird! What if he tells people? You know he'll do anything to gain popularity..."

My mind shut off at that point. I knew Jazmine was never fond of Sebastian because of how creepy and socially cut off he was, but that was all part of his nerdy charm. She hadn't even met him? Maybe I would introduce them...

Jazmine noticed I zoned out and starters snapping her fingers in front of my face.

"Hey! Listen to me! We need to talk about this!"

I gently pushed her hand away from my face, amused at how panicked she was.

"Okay, we will, but not tonight. You said so yourself; this evening is about relaxing and forgetting about everything else."

She crossed her arms over her chest in a child-like manor.

"Fine." She grumbled. "Im going to get our drinks from the bar. I'll be back in five."

She had already waltzed away before I had time to plead her to stay with me and I was stuck by the end of the staircase, alone.

I tried to look entertained as I watched the dancing couples. I realized that people were entering the party by the back and front entrance and it was fun to watch new guests arrive and marvel at the spectacular view.

Yes, that's how bored I was.

Just as I was about to leave the spot I was located at and navigate my way to Jazmine, I saw a single familiar figure walk through the back entrance, glancing around with the least impressed expression I had seen tonight so far.

He was here without a date, which differed from the majority of people here.

It bugged me that I couldn't tell who it was, until it hit me in a tidal wave of dread.

The dark, rugged hair and the mask that looked like it was painted onto his face reminded me.

TerraStorm.

<><><><><><>

A/N:

Sorry for the late update!
This chapter is dedicated to SLXWLYFALLING  for all the support they have given me so far ❤️ Thank you ☺️

Anyway, I hope you guys have had an epic week and don't forget to let me know what you thought about this chapter in the comments.

Until next time!

~SkyHunterXoX

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

786 138 21
Aren't you ever tired of the same old super hero story? The hero is cool looking with bulging muscles, and always wins. Like, always. Even if the sit...
163K 10.9K 25
Oliver Storm is just your average American teenager. Well, unless you count the fact that he's actually White Lightning, sidekick to the notorious su...
254K 12.7K 34
When you're a teenage undercover as a part-time superhero you have three options: You can pull on the nerd/geek high schooler or a bad boy/outcast ty...
732K 34.2K 85
Champion City, one of the greatest hotspots for superheroes and supervillains ever since thirty years ago, when super-powered individuals started to...