Where Love Finds You #AGwriti...

By sparkledelux

After her boyfriend dumps her for her best friend, a heart broken Meka falls back on the only thing that coul... More

Chapter one -The break
Chapter 2 - Rocky start
Chapter 3- New Management
Chapter 4- Impressions
Chapter 5- Realisations
Chapter 6- Boss or Friend
Chapter 7- Accomplishments
Chapter 8 phone calls
Chapter 9- Date
Chapter 10 The storm
Chapter 11- A suprise
Chapter 12 The weekend
Chapter 13- Fired!
Chapter 14 Reconciliation
Chapter 16- Mine
Chapter 17- Home
Chapter 18 Birthday and make up
Chapter 19 Make ups
Chapter 20 Christmas
Chapter 21 Sister's Love
Chapter 22 Next step
Chapter 23- Won't let go
Authors note

Chapter 15 Broken!

235 21 8
By sparkledelux

"Hey dad!"

"How are you son? You look better than the last time I saw you." I looked down at my self, suited in a royal blue suit and black dress shirt and looked back at my dad through the Skype call. He had insisted on having a video call today because he had something very important to tell me and since I was working late again, I figured It was the best time to talk to my dad uninterruptedly.

"I can say the same about you. You look well dad."

"Yes of course business is growing and we are toping the chats."

I adjusted in my seat. "Dad, success in business is not synonymous to good health."

"Who told you that son? It's foolish talk. Money makes the world go round."

"You mean love makes the world go round." I countered.

"You always had your mother's heart and I have tried to make you stronger. I have tried to..."

"Mum was the strongest woman I have ever known and I am sure this is not why you insisted on a video call dad."

"No it is not!" He paused and looked at me for a few seconds, but long enough to make me uncomfortable.

"I called to tell you that I am proud of what you have done in Nigeria son. You have succeeded in managing the business so well, we have made so much profit and have acquired many alliances."

I relaxed in my swerving chair and rested my chin on my fisted hand. He had something on his mind and I needed to know what it was. Dad was not one to dish compliments because it was a good day.

"I will be coming down to Nigeria in 2 days Son. I will like to familiarize myself with the business structure you have going there before..."

I sat up this was it! "Before what?"

"Before you head back to the United States."

"Fuck!"

"You have shown yourself capable Enough to run the head quaters so..."

"I have been capable Enough for years dad! Or have you forgotten I was working there before you thought it wise for me to come down to Nigeria? I saw all the business deals, took all those trips, worked late into the night for this company! I have been ready for a long time now, so what is the real reason? You can't just uproot my life whenever you feel it is right by you."

"I know you have worked hard on the company and that is why I know you will do great when I retire next year."

"You are retiring next year?" I inquired.

"Yes son."

"It's about time." I muttered under my breath but loud enough to know he heard me.

"Listen son..."

"No you listen Dad! You cannot just... " I shut my eyes to control my breathing. I hated this

"You didn't want to come to Nigeria in the first place. You said it was no good. You like the head quarters son and there is Kimberly."

"Kimberly broke up with me dad. Where have you been ?"

"You sure? Because she has been coming around."

"What?"

My dad watched me curiously "Of course, and I think she is a lovely lady, educated, from a wealthy home and she pays so much attention to your sisters."

She never liked my sisters. She thought I shielded them too much, Loved them more than I loved her. Like hell yes I did!!

"She takes them out for shopping, ice cream and just last week she took them to lala land." I felt my heart squeez at the mention of my sisters with kimberly.

"Lala land?"

"Yeah this place that has a cartoon station."

"It's Disney world dad!" I buried my face in my hands. What was she up to? That sneaky Bi ...

"You were in love with her son and I like her. I think it's time you go back and think of settling down. I was younger than you are when I married your mum. We were in love and..."

"I know Dad" I looked up at him again and could see the sadness in his eyes even after so many years since her passing.

"But dad I don't think I want to go back to the United States. I have a life here and a girl..."

"I don't want to hear it son. The decision has been made! Get ready to leave for the United States in 5 days"

With that he ended the video call and I was left alone with my thoughts.

I pushed the chair backwards as I got up abruptly.

For all the love I had for him, I hated him just as much sometimes. Especially times like this. I was a man not the boy he use to know. But my family?
If only mum was alive she would have put that man in check. Now? Now she was gone and she made me promise I will keep the family together. Such foolish promise that was!

Feeling aggravated, I pushed off the contents on my table. What was I going to do? Meka? what was I going to tell her? She was leaving the company in a week to go back to school and we had not even figured out how we will make that work. United States?

Fuck!

I grabbed my phone to call. She had long gone home because her brother was out of town again and she needed to be home before it was too late for a lady.
I needed to see her and talk to her. Maybe we could make sense of all these because I couldn't. For someone who made alot of strategic decisions, I couldn't figure out what to do when it came to my life.

I listened as the phone rang several times and cut. I tried her two more times and when she didn't pick, I figured I could make it over there quickly. I need to see her and even if we couldn't figure it out at least I could hold her and think!

Grabbing my suitcase, I looked down at the scattered content of my table on the floor but that was the least of my concern. If I was leaving for the United States then there really was no use, packing up those files.

With one last look, I dashed out of the office and headed to Meka's.

-----------*****----------

MEKA'S POV

I had just turned off the tap and dried my hands when I heard my phone ringing. I rushed to the sitting room to catch the call but it was too late.
Picking up my phone, I saw it was Nonso that called me. He had been worried about our relationship especially as things were about to change with my return back to school.
Not like I wasn't worried too, but I was confident we would make it work no matter what. Difficult but possible.

I was about to call him back when I heard a knock on the door. It was about 10 minutes past 8pm and being the only one in the house with my brother gone for another assignment, I was worried.

Cautiously, I approached the door "Who is there ?"

"Meka? It's me?"

What? No! It couldn't be I opened the door and glared at him "What the hell are you doing here?"

"You weren't picking my calls and I needed to see you."

"How did you even know where I lived?"

"I am sorry but I followed you back the other night."

"Seriously Austin? You are crazy!"

"Please can I come in? I really want to talk to you."

"We are talking already! You don't need to come in."

"Meka.... please. I am here, the least you can do is hear me out."

"We are done talking Austin." I tried to close the door but he blocked it with his hand.

"Please..."

Giving him a once over, I stepped aside for him to come in.

"Where is your brother ?"

"It's none of your business." I walked to the centre of the sitting room and stopped with my arms folded.

"Tick tuck! Make it snappy!"

"Fiesty ain't ya!" He smirked at me.

"Leave!"

"Okay fine! I am sorry. Meka for everything I have done I am sorry. I just had to tell you."

"And you came all the way here to tell me that?"

"Well, you weren't picking my calls."

"I wonder why!"

"Look! I know I messed us up but if you give me a second chance... Meka things will be different."

"I am seeing someone else so it's too late for second chances."

He took a step closer to me and I eyed him cautiously. "I miss you so much Meka. I know I have no right but I am miserable without you." His eyes misted and I was caught off guard.

He gave a mirthless laugh "I remember our chats into the night when we will ask ourselves questions, even ones we knew the answers to just for the fun of it. I remember how we use to day dream about our future together."

He smiled brokenly "and when we go out and order pizza, you will bite into your slice until it makes this pattern. I miss eating the mushrooms you usually pick out of your slices."

I smiled at him too as I remember our weird and crazy but sweet Times together. He came closer till he was standing in front of me.

"I figured asking you to take me back is a long short so atleast can we be friends ? I just.. I just want you in my life whichever way."

I sighed "Austin..."

"Please Meka... just friends."

"Fine."

He let out a breath and smiled "Thank you."

"Sure now go, it's late."

"Do I get a hug?"

"Aust-"

"As friends!" He cut me off.

Just a hug right? I opened my arms so we could embrace and he quickly hugged me back warmly.

"I really missed you Meka." He whispered "thank you for this."

I untangled myself from the hug and looked up at him "Sure."

He watched me carefully and before I could process what was happening, Austin's lips were over mine possessively.

Oh hell no!

I struggled to pull out of his hold but his grip was like steel. "I miss this Meka... I couldn't stop thinking about that kiss last week at the eatry"

"You basta-"

"Meka!!"

The cold voice of Nonso by the door made Austin and I stop in our tracks.
I was dumbfounded! How was I going to explain this to him.

"What the hell is this?" He questioned and from the way he was rigid I Knew it wasn't going to be good.

"Who is this?" Austin asked as he tried to touch me again.

"Don't! Just get out!"

"Meka? "

"Get out!"

"Ow please don't go! I hate to stop you both" Nonso blurted.

"It's not what you think?"

"Really?"

"Meka I think I should stay and..." Austin protested but I was so furious at him I could have killed him.

"Shut up and get out!" With one hot glare from me, Austin resigned and left the house leaving Nonso and I.

I started towards him and reached out to touch him but he side stepped me smoothly.

"Why Meka."

"Nonso I swear... let me explain."

"What is there to explain, I saw him kissing you and he said he couldn't stop thinking about the kiss last week. So this clearly wasn't the first."

"I-" God! God!

"Why Meka... him? Did I hurt you? Wasn't I enough?"

"You were... you are! It's just..."
I swallowed the lump in my throat and allowed the threatening tears spill.

"Austin is my ex. He left me for my friend a while ago and now he is back begging for a second chance. But I swear I love you and he doesn't stand a chance."

"It doesn't look like it."

"I promise... I-"

Nonso looked at me intensely as if he wanted to forgive me or consider what I told him. "Why didn't you tell me about him before today? I told you about Kimberly why couldn't you tell me about him? "

"I don't know... it hurt too much to tell about it. "

"I wouldn't have judged you, you know."

"I know that."

"Then why Meka? Why didn't you trust me enough to tell me about him?"

"I..."

"Do you still love him? Is it because of him you didn't respond when I said you should marry me?"

The question came from no where and I blinked several times to process it.

"I guess that answers my question." Nonso stated calmly. Too calm that it sent shivers up my spine. He made a move towards the door and I quickly stopped him.

"No! I don't love him. I love you."

"And you had to think about it before you answered? I love you Meka! And I don't need to think about it because it is a sure fact but it's just me right?"

"I am sorry" I cried uncontrollably.

"Please if... if you can... if I can just explain..."

He looked at me with a sad and broken face "It doesnt matter anymore Meka. I am leaving for the United States in 5 days."

"What? When did this happen?"

"It doesn't matter anymore Meka" he withdrew his hand from mine and walked right through the door.

I stood there frozen and only jerked when the door slammed shut.

How did everything go from beautiful to broken?

Drama!!! Lol I hope you enjoyed reading this chapter. Please I will like to know what you think about this story. Please kindly leave a comment or like.

Love

Unini

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

131K 16.1K 45
© 2018 All Rights Reserved This is a story about a beautiful young girl who falls in love with someone she meets on the internet. Through love, lust...
2.2K 369 50
She just wants to be independent, have her own freedom to make her choices and live her life free from aches and problems. The last thing she needs a...
27.7K 2.9K 50
She was searching for her dream man all this years,,, she always dreams of him,, and at times give up,and think dreams are just dreams,not knowing he...
1.6K 358 18
*** Only three things are certain in life: death, injustice and love. Umma had drilled this into Amina's head from the day she was born. One couldn't...