His [The Cellar sequel]

By natashapreston

After escaping from police custody, Clover tries to piece his life back together. Determined to return to hom... More

His [The Cellar sequel]
You'll Always Be Mine - Chapter One
You'll Always Be Mine - Chapter Two
You'll Always Be Mine - Chapter Four
You'll Always Be Mine - Chapter Five
You'll Always Be Mine - Chapter Six
You'll Always Be Mine - Chapter Seven
You'll Always Be Mine - Chapter Eight
You'll Always Be Mine - Chapter Nine
You'll Always Be Mine - Chapter Ten
You'll Always Be Mine - Chapter Eleven
You'll Always Be Mine - Chapter Twelve
You'll Always Be Mine - Chapter Thirteen
You'll Always Be Mine - Chapter Fourteen
You'll Always Be Mine - Chapter Fifteen - Epilogue

You'll Always Be Mine - Chapter Three

393K 9.3K 6.1K
By natashapreston

Chapter Three – Revelations

Summer’s POV

The rest of the drive home was in silence. Lewis’ body was stiff but at least he was smiling a little now. The thought of leaving him was awful; I had to be so careful. Tonight me and Becca needed a proper plan, and a plan B.

Lewis squeezed my hand, breaking me from my thoughts. “What you thinking, Sum?”

Different ways to lock Clover in the same cellar he kept me in for eight months. Of course, I couldn’t really tell him that. “Nothing really.”

“How are you feeling?”

“Angry. How can they not have caught him yet? He couldn’t be that far from the crash and they still haven’t found him. They’re all fucking useless,” I ranted. Lewis looked shocked as I swore. It didn’t happen often, only when I was really angry or upset.

He sighed, “I know, baby. I have no faith in them either. When you were…gone, I didn’t understand how they did things. They had all these pathetic laws that protected him. They’re shit, Sum but I won’t let anything happen to you.” I lost count with how many times he’s said that to me. “You know that if you change your mind we can go away somewhere, just us if you’d prefer.”

“I like the sound of the just us part but I’m not going anywhere.”  When was he going to accept that?

“Didn’t think so,” Lewis mumbled under his breath.

“Can we be normal for a while?”

He looked at me as if I’d lost my mind, “Be normal?”

“Yes, no clover, no police, no talk of running away. I just want to be us for a while.”

His eyes softened and he kissed the back of my hand, “That sounds good. What do you want to do?”

“Pizza and movies?”

Lewis scrunched his nose up in disgust, “You gonna have your usual crap on it?”

“Definitely, and I know you like it really.”

After calling ahead to order our pizzas, we stopped off and picked them up before heading back to mine. I managed to avoid all the questions from my family and pulled Lewis up to my room. I was really looking forward to just being Summer and Lewis for a few hours.

“Want some?” I asked teasingly, waving my pizza in his face. He pushed my hand away and kissed my cheek, chuckling. “What are we doing at the weekend?” His eyebrows shot up and he looked at me as if I’d lost my mind. “Normal tonight, remember.”

Understanding crossed his face and he smiled a little, “Bird watching?”

“Totally normal then,” I replied sarcastically.

“You’re right. I should have said getting so pissed that you puke on my shoes and I have to carry you home.”

“One time, Lewis, one time!” I had never really been drunk before and well I will never be that drunk again.

When the movie was over I swung my leg over and sat on his lap, taking him by surprise a little. He quickly recovered, wrapping his arms around my back and pulling me closer. When we were alone it was so easy to forget everything that happened.

I pressed my lips to his, getting lost in the kiss. The deep moan coming from the back of his throat told me that he liked it as much as I did. He picked me up slightly and laid me on the bed, pressing his body against mine as his tongue slipped in my mouth.

Pretty soon the kiss became more urgent and we were ripping each other’s clothes off. I hoped that he had stopped this treating me like glass thing. My heart was beating a hundred miles an hour. I couldn’t get close enough to him.

“You sure, Sum?” I crashed my lips back to his, not wanting to even acknowledge that question. I hated when he asked that. What happened with Clover seemed like it wasn’t with me, like it was Lily. It’s something that was hard for me to get my head around, I shouldn’t want to be touched but this was Lewis, the person I loved more than anyone and anything in the world.

I ran my hands up his muscular back, digging my fingers into his skin as my body felt like it was about to burst into flames. He was gentle but it still felt incredible. Lewis kissed down my neck; biting the skin lightly and making me moan his name.

“Lewis,” I mumbled, tightening my arms and legs around his body as mine exploded. He moaned loudly, crashing his lips to mine as he came.

“I love you, Sum,” he whispered, once his lips left mine.

I sighed happily, “I love you too.”

We laid in bed with him running his hand through my hair. Neither of us said anything but we didn’t need to talk. The moment was perfect. I felt whole again.

My eyes were heavy but I forced myself to stay awake. Becca would be here any minute. Lewis was fast asleep beside me. He looked so peaceful that I just wanted to curl up with him and go to sleep but I had something to do.

Carefully pulling the cover back, I slipped out of bed, walking on tip toes so I wouldn’t make a sound. I could probably jump out of here screaming and he still wouldn’t wake up but I didn’t want to risk it. Before I left the room, I took one more look at Lewis lying in my bed with one arm thrown above his head, grabbed a long top and slipped it on.

Once I was downstairs I slipped on a pair of jeans, that I had conveniently left in the bathroom, and my hoodie. Becca was going to wait around the corner so there was no chance of the engine waking anyone up. Nerves were bubbling around inside me until I’d managed to close the front door behind me.

“Hey,” I whispered as I got into the car. Why I was whispering I didn’t know. We were the only ones here.

“Okay, before we leave I need to tell you one thing.” I nodded for her to continue. “Technically I haven’t passed my driving test. If we get caught we’re in trouble, more me but I wanted to tell you first.”

“Becca, we’re about to break into the house of the man who kidnapped us and you’re worried about driving, at three in the morning?”

“Point taken,” she said as she pulled out onto the road.

A driving licence was the least of our worries right now. We were in so much trouble if we were found in his house, or even out on our own at night.

“Are we really doing this?” I asked her, suddenly having major second thoughts.

“We don’t have to, Sum, but I want him to pay.”

“I wanted him to pay too, more than I’ve ever wanted anything. He can’t just get away with everything he’s done. We’re doing this for us, Rose, Louise and all the other girls he’s murdered.” My newly found confidence scared me slightly. How much I hated him scared me. “I have no faith in the police anymore; I honestly think we’re more likely to stop him than them.” They didn’t find me for eight months. I wasn’t even that far from my house.

She nodded in agreement, “How are we going to do this then?”

I took a deep breath, “We don’t have a lot of time so we need to make the most of the next few nights. Search the whole house, there must be something there we can use. We need to hide things in the cellar, knives, just in case it doesn’t go well. We’re not letting him kill us, okay?” Becca nodded robotically.

“We’re not killing him though, are we?” she whispered, her hands gripping onto the steering wheel almost as tight as Lewis was.

“I don’t want to, but if it’s a choice between him and us we do it.”

“Agreed.”

“Becks, what do you think we’re gonna find?”

She sighed heavily, watching the road a little too carefully. How far from getting her licence was she?  I probably didn’t want to know. “I have no idea. Apart from the obvious he seemed so normal.”

“Yeah I guess.” It was strange to think of him having a normal life, going to work.

Becca parked the car in a field near the house so there was no chance of us being seen. His house had been cordoned off across the drive and there was a police car outside. Why did everyone seem to think he could get back here so quickly?

The air was freezing, goosebumps popped up all over my body as soon as I stepped out of the car. All I wanted to do was get back in the car and turn the heating on. “No turning back now,” Becca said, almost to herself as we walked towards the house.

I crept along to the end of the field, closely followed by Becca. We would be coming to the house from the side so hopefully the police wouldn’t see us. “Slow down, Summer,” Becca whispered, grabbing my arm.

We crouched down, looking between bushes. “I think we’re okay,” I whispered back after making sure both police officers were still inside the car. From the angle we were at it would be hard for them to see us but not impossible so we had to be careful.

I held my breath as we slipped through the opening, pushing branches away from my face. Becca grabbed me and pushed me forward until we slammed against the wall.  “What the fuck was that?” I yelled in a whisper.

“I didn’t want them to see us,” she responded.

“Then maybe we could slow down and hide a little more rather than launching ourselves-”

“Okay, okay.” she cut me off. “Let’s just go.” Becca spun me around and nudged me towards the back of the house.

We walked with our backs against the wall, stepping carefully and barely breathing in case we made a noise. The back door was unlocked. Why would the police leave it unlocked? Were they doing regular searches of the house?

“We have to be so careful Becca,” I whispered as I slowly pushed the door open in case it made a noise. Once the door closed behind us I flicked on the small torch. It was dim but it meant we were less likely to be seen.

I entered the kitchen first. A normal looking kitchen. The only part of this house I had really seen was the hallway and the cellar, it was strange being here. Looking around, there was nothing odd looking or out of place.

“Should we split up or stay together?” Becca asked.

“Stay together, definitely.” This house had horror movie written all over it, there was no way we were splitting up.

My heart was beating loudly in my chest as we slowly walked further into the house, shining the light around the floor and walls. The house was actually pretty, I knew it would be neat and tidy but this was definitely a surprise.

Becca grabbed my free hand, holding it tight. She was a freaked out as me being here. It was something we needed to do to finally put an end to this.

I walked into a room, choosing it randomly. We both gasped at the same time. The room was packed with books, DVD’s and knitting supplies. This was where he kept everything for us. I recognised some of the books; he would swap them over for new ones once we were all done with them. I didn’t think he would have kept them.

As we stopped on the top step, I prayed silently that we would find something soon. There was absolutely nothing here so far that we could use against him. “Fingers crossed,” Becca whispered in my ear, obviously knowing herself that we had nothing at the minute.

We decided to go upstairs after looking around the ground floor as neither of us could face going to the cellar yet, we would have to soon though.

Taking a deep breath I pulled down the handle and pushed the door open. I shone the torch inside and through the dim light I could see Becca’s mouth fall open slightly.

This was a woman’s bedroom. Who did Clover live with? I grabbed the tiny torch off Becca and shone it at the dresser.

Rows of pictures were lined up neatly beside each other. All of Clover and a woman that looked a little like him. His mother. They started off as her and Clover when he was a child, as I looked further along I frowned. They were hugging each other, a little too closely.

“What…” Becca trailed off, staring at the photos the same as me.

My stomach turned as I reached the last one. They were far, far too close. “Oh my god,” I mumbled, feeling sick.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I will fix the disaster that was the previous chapter blah! 

They found out about him and his mum! *cringe*

If you liked it please comment, vote, like and tweet :)

Clover's chapters are a LOT harder to write so it might take me longer to update those ones, hopefully you'll wait patiently ;)

<3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Forced By Growl:3

Teen Fiction

6.5K 289 15
High School student, Hayley, has always been living a normal life. She has never had any changes. That is...until her beloved sister goes missing...
303 50 17
After settling down to a quiet, contented life, Ayah isn't the only one unhappy with the untimely appearance of Blake. The man who once attempted to...
2.9K 826 51
Follow Jacob on his hunt to find whoever abducted his litter sister Aria, whilst battling the demons of his past. Will he make it in time to save her...
Locked( Book 1) By A.Lynn

Mystery / Thriller

220 1 49
What would you do if you were held against your will? What would you do if you knew the kidnapper was not to blame, but someone else much higher? Ca...