Life's Little Storms

By Day_Dreaming_Writer8

Melody Waters was an ordinary girl, living an ordinary life. That is until tragedy strikes her life. Fearing... More

The Start
Meeting
Friendship
Girlfriend
Vampire'd
Key to Success
Door Ornament
Wolfy
An Army
Aftermath
Wedding
Friends
Riding Solo
16 and Pregnant
Wake Up
Fight
I love you
Moms
Happiness
Kisses Make It Better
Letters
Falling Into Place
The Volturi
Christmas
Epilogue

War

217 4 1
By Day_Dreaming_Writer8

Life's Little Storms Ch. 10

~Embry~

"Come on, Melody!"

"Embry, I swear to God that if you don't move, I will hit you with my car."

"I know he'll want you there." Melody held up a tiny fist and rested it on top of her steering wheel. I was about to question her, but her middle finger slowly lifted up.

"Embry, tell Jacob he needs some practice, so he can go fuck himself."

I shook my head as I tried to hide the laughter that wanted to bubble out of me. Melody was tiny, like the leach tiny, but she was sassy as hell. She was sitting in the drivers seat of her car, glaring at me. She had her hand gripping the steering wheel tightly. I could hear her right toes tapping lightly against the pedals. I have been attempting to get her to come see us practice, but she absolutely refuses to budge.

"Fine. You're going to make me do this the hard way." Her glare faltered as I began walking towards her car.

"Embry, no-"

Before she could continue her sentence, I jerked her car door open, grabbed her from the stupid car sear, tossed her over my shoulder and shut her car door. I walked a good distance into the forest while Melody muttered insults to my back.

I laughed, "What is that? I can't hear you!"

She pressed her hands against my back and leaned up. "If I ever come to another bon fire, you better watch yourself."

"I'll remember that, sweetheart."

"Whatever."

I set her down on a fallen over log then began stripping. Melody quickly covered her eyes until she was assured that I was in wolf form. She crossed her arms when I gestured for her to get onto my back.

Next time when Jake wants us to do shit to get him and Melody back on track, we're sending Seth. I growled out.

Seth gasped in our heads, I offered to go get her!

Jacob rolled his eyes, Just get her here safely.

Will do.

~Melody~

After about five minutes of walking next to Embry with his fast pace, I was tired. It took another five minutes of pride for me to admit that, then another five trying to get on Embry's freaking back. I softly pulled my fingers through his spotty gray fur. It was silky and it threaded easily in my fingers. Embry shivered and made a sound that came out like a purr. I smiled then continued by doing it down his neck to his shoulder blades. I felt the skin relax underneath my hands.

He seemed to become less happy when I slid off of his back, so I could go sit with Emily. Bella was standing next to Jacob with her hand resting against his side. I frowned at them when they both looked in my direction while resisting the urge to flip them off. Emily gripped my hand in hers and smiled at me. She spoke softly, "I know it hurts now, 'Lody, but soon Jacob will come to his senses."

I looked back at Bella with a sigh. I doubted that Jacob would ever move on from her. Imprint or not, she was here before me. He was in love with her for Christ's sake. She was beautiful; she wasn't tall, but she was willowy. I sighed and pulled my knees to my chest. Emily responded to my silence by rubbing a hand down my back. She continued by playing with some of my hair. It made me close my eyes and rest a cheek on my knee. It was so motherly, so nice.

"I'm going home to make brownies in an hour or so, you're more than welcome to join me, Melody." Emily smiled kindly ay me. I nodded in agreement. My phone began vibrating in my pocket seconds later. I pulled it out. The screen read 'Daddy' in bold letters while a photo of us being goofy popped up.

"Hello?"

My dad's warm voice came on. "Hey, 'Lody."

Everyone looked up at me. I scowled at their nosiness and stood up. I walked a few feet into the woods before speaking again, "How are you?"

"I wish I called you to chat, Melody, but I have something to talk to you about."

"Which is?"

"Your mom contacted the judge who did our divorce."

I swallowed. "So?"

"She wants custody of you. She thinks sending you to La Push was a mistake." He sighed. "She wants to see you, Lody."

"Tell the judge to tell momma that she can drop dead."

"Melody-"

"I have to go, love you, bye."

I ended the call and shoved my phone back into my pocket. I gathered my hair in between my fingers, and I twisted it to the back of my neck. The cool air only worsened my clammy appearance. I took deep breaths before walking back to the blanket Emily was on. She gave me a small smile, but she didn't ask what happened. Jasper was explaining to the wolves what newborns were. After that, it was basically the Cullen's battling one another while the wolves watched. Alice was quick, and that was her advantage against Jasper.

Jacob walked back to Bella. She whispered in his ear then he leaned his head down for her to pet him. I swallowed the pressed my lips into a thin line. The wolves retreated back to wherever they meet. Emily led me to her old Honda Civic then drove us to her house.

The small house made me ache because of how homely it felt. It reminded my of Savannah and my father. She made me stir the batter while she began making sandwiches for the guys. It was strange finally being in her house. I had lived across the street for a couple of months now and had never ventured inside of it.

I awkwardly remained quiet while they began attacking the food. Jacob walked up to me with a grim look. "Can we talk?"

I looked behind me. "Oh, you mean me? Bella isn't around, so you can actually acknowledge my presence."

"Damn." Paul laughed, looking in our direction.

Jacob didn't say anything, but instead he replied by grabbing my wrist and leading me to the front porch. I sat down on the step and stretched my legs out in front of me.

"Bella is going with us to the mountain."

I gave him a sarcastic smile. "Really? I would have never thought so. You know, if this is going to continue, I'm going to assume you lied to me about being your imprint."

"What?"

"Forget it."

"I want you to come with us. I know Victoria has some sort of interest in you. It might be safer for you to be with the leaches than be a sitting duck here."

"I don't know, Jacob." I looked at him, my eyes burning. "Am I supposed to sit on a mountain top for God knows how long, just waiting to hear if you're dead or not? I mean, legitimately dead, not just dead to me."

Jacob sat next to me. "I know it doesn't sound ideal, but I will be able to focus better knowing that you at least have some sort of protection."

"I don't know, Jacob."

"Once this is all over, I won't even be able to see Bella."

"Why?"

He clenched his hands."Edward is making her once of them."

I tried to pretend that I wasn't interested in the news, "Oh, well that sucks."

My chest felt heavy even as I tried my hardest to not be bothered by this new information. I didn't even feel bad that Bella was going to become one of them. Why? Because in my eyes I already saw a monster. All of this crap was happening because of her. If she hadn't pissed of Victoria, she wouldn't have made an army to destroy her.

"I'll come. But there is no way in hell I'm sharing a tent with her."

Jacob grinned at me and kissed the side of my head. I pushed him away, but he wrapped me in an iron grip. "You can't possibly be mad at me, Melody."

"Why not? I have every right to be mad! You continue to tell me that there is nothing between you and Bella, yet it seems like every chance you get, you go running off to be her knight in shining armor!" Jacob was looking at me head on and I tried to stop the word from falling out, but they kept coming, "How is that even fair to me? How am I supposed to live if I lose you too? Where else will I-"

My words were cut off by Jacob's lips pressing against my own. I tried to push him away, but he gripped the back of my head in a gently grip and deepened the kiss. My fingers slid up the back of his neck, and I gripped his black locks in my fist.

After a few seconds, he pulled away, "I know I keep messing up, but I am always your protector."

The sick feeling that had been in the bottom of my stomach lifted as I leaned into his warm side. His big arm wrapped around my back to press me tighter against him. I kissed the back of his hand.

"I'm sorry, Melody."

"It's okay, Jake."

,*.

Edward, Bella, and Jasper were already sitting on the field where the fight would take place. Jacob wasn't responding well to Bella, which made me happy. Edward and Jake glared at each other while Bella explained why Jacob would have to take her to the campsite.

Edward stared at Jacob. "I will carry Melody, Jacob. The newborns aren't as focused on her as they are Bella. They will most likely assume that she was just a human passing by on some hiking trail nearby."

Bella pushed me out of the way slightly so that Jacob could pick her up. Edward lifted me into his arms just as easily as Jacob had lifted Bella. Edward scowled at Jacob, "Run."

Jacob ran the opposite way with Bella staring at me. Edward had a slowed pace to stop the wind from most likely giving me a deathly cold. His stone arms made it hard already to get comfortable. We were both silent as he made his way up the hill. I hate his girlfriend, he hates my boyfriend. This is awkward.

"It isn't awkward, Melody." He chuckled. "I can understand why you dislike Bella. I am well aware of her feelings for Jacob, even though I can't see into her mind."

"And you're okay with it?"

"Bella has chosen me, Melody. I gave her the option to be with Jacob, but she still chose me. I have no need to worry over her choosing him."

I bit my lip. "I wish I could feel like that about Jacob."

"You will, Melody."

Doubt it.

,*.

"How do you think my dad would react if I died?"

Max looked up from his plate of spaghetti. "Are you planning something, kiddo?"

"No, but I know there have been a lot of bear attacks lately and I'm going camping..."

"He would be devastated, Mel, but I think you'll be fine with Jacob and the others."

I nodded then glanced at the picture of Max and my mom on the wall. "Why don't you talk to my mom anymore?"

Max glanced at the photo. "Because I know what she did to you and your father. Your dad and I had a great relationship, and what she did, it was like doing it to my actual brother. I was, am, so disgusted by her."

I dug my fork into my plate as I hesitated, "She wants custody of me."

His eyes widened. "My father and I won't let that happen, Mel."

I gave him a sad smile. "I hope not."

I dumped my bowl into the sink before walking back to my room. Jacob was coming to get me at 7. The clock read 6:58. I sighed then grabbed my bag. My bedroom door opened to reveal a shirtless Jacob. He smiled at me, and butterflies erupted in my stomach. He placed his fingers underneath my chin and tenderly kissed my lips.

"Hi, beautiful."

"Hi." I smiled at him.

"Are you ready?"

"If you mean ready by are you packed, yes I am." I looped my arms around his waist. "If you mean am I ready to let you fight, no I'm not."

"I'm going to be okay, baby."

"If you say so."

I hugged Max goodbye before getting in the car with Jacob. He drove a while down the street then parked in the cover of the trees. I turned around while he shifted. Once he finished that, I hopped on to his back and he launched himself into the forest. Bella and Edward were sitting in the trees talking amongst themselves without realizing we were there.

"Whose head is unclear?" Jake asked, walking up to them.

Bella gave Edward a look. "Nobody's I hope."

"Alice said there's a storm coming." Edward said, facing Jacob.

"I know, I can feel it. We should get going."

Edward walked towards Bella. "I'll see you in a couple of hours."

"Is something up?"

Bella smiled at Jacob, "Nope. A bunch of vampires trying to kill me."

"Same old, same old." He said, lifting her into his arms. I trailed after them with my lips in a small line.

,*.

"Ouch!" I yelped, trying to yank my hands away from Seth. He gave me an apologetic look as he pressed the peroxide wipe to my hands again. The hot sting wiped through my cuts once more. "Seth, ow!"

"I'm sorry, Mel."

Walking after Bella and Jacob had been the easy part, but once we got to the mountain it became complicated. Jacob insisted that I would be fine climbing up. He couldn't risk Bella falling over the side of the mountain. Halfway up the mountain, the rock underneath my foot let go, and I slid down the side. My hands and my right knee are now a torn up mess. Thank you, Bella and Jacob.

He finished wrapping them then pressed a kiss to each of my palms. He smiled as Jacob growled. "All better."

Edward came over. "It's going to get cold now. We should get you and Bella in the tent."

,*.

The wind whipped violently against the tent. I tried to curl into myself more with my fingers pressed against my stomach. I feared that if my teeth continued to clack so hard against each other that they would eventually fall out of my head. Bella wasn't much better.

"What can I do?" Edward asked once more. She didn't reply. The only reply was the tent door unzipping. Jacob stepped in a second later.

"I can't sleep with all this teeth chattering."

Edward glared at Jacob. "Forget it."

"They may need their toes someday." He glared back. Edward looked at us with a sad look on his face. "And let's face it. I am hotter than you."

The was a sound of skin slapping skin. Jacob's rough voice spoke, "Get your hand off of me."

"Keep your hands off her."

"I can touch Melody all I want. She is my imprint."

"I'm talking about-"

Bella's shaky voice spoke, "Don't fight."

"If she gets sick, it's on you."

Edward let Jacob through. He laid on his side in between Bella and me, with his chest facing me. She clung to his back while I snuggled deep into his chest. His lips brushed the shell of my ear. "Is this okay?"

I nodded and pressed a small kiss to his shoulder. "You guys will be warmed up soon." He leaned closer to my ear. "It'd be faster if you took your clothes off."

"Jake, stop." Bella shuddered.

He smirked. "Survival one on one."

I ignored them and leaned my head against his chest. My eyes grew heavy as the muscles in my body relaxed into his. I was in and out of sleep the entire time though. With Jacob's breathing and the wind continuing to be obnoxious, it was very difficult.

It was Edward's voice that woke me up the next time. "Can you at least attempt to control your thoughts?"

"I really get under that ice cold skin of yours, don't I?" He smirked. "What? Are you doubting her feelings?"

Edward's silence egged Jacob on. "Nice, so picking through my brain is okay, but I can't pick through yours? Look, I know she's in love with you, but she's in love with me too. She just won't admit it to herself."

"I can't tell if you're right."

"If she chooses me-"

"She won't."

"If she chooses me, would you try to kill me?"

"It is an intriguing idea." Edward chuckled. "But no, I couldn't hurt her like that. It would be as if you told Melody it would be okay to be in love with me."

"No, but you can turn her into a blood sucking demon." I tried to ignore the fact that Jacob was ignoring what Edward brought up about me.

"I don't want that, I never did."

"Stop her."

"I tried. I left."

"But you gave up too quickly. If you would have stayed away for another six months, I could have made her happy. Trust me. You have to consider I might be better for her than you are." I swallowed the ice cube in my throat and squeezed my eye lids together to prevent the tears from falling out.

"I have considered that. I can protect her, but you can give her a life. A human life, that's all I want for her. I'm not going to force her into anything ever again. The last time I did, I almost killed us both."

"Yeah, that I remember. You thought you'd lost her, how did you cope?"

"There are no words. But I wouldn't wish it on anyone, Jacob." I felt eyes on me.

"Despite all odds, I'm glad you're here."

"You mean as much as I'd like to kill you, I'm glad she's warm."

"If we weren't natural enemies, and you weren't trying to steal my reason for existing, I might have actually like you."

"Well, if you weren't planning on sucking the life out of the girl I love, I might,"

He laughed, "No, not even then. She could still change your mind you know."

My heart burst into a million pieces. The girl I love, rang through my head like metal clanging against other metal. I curled my lips into my mouth as a sob tried to escape. As sleepily as I could, I pushed away from Jacob and rolled over. He tried to tighten his grip on me, but I continued to push until he finally let go.

"I'd let her go."

When Jacob stopped replying and his breathing slowed down, I opened my eyes and stared at Edward. He gave me a pained look as tears began to splash down my face. He whispered. "I'm sorry, Melody."

I closed my eyes, and I continued to cry. I cried until I felt as though there was nothing left in me.

,*.

The world outside the tent was white and beautiful. Seth was trotting around the site when I came out. He gave me a sad look when he noticed my puffy eyes. I shook my head. I didn't need his pity. I didn't want it.

I walked away to give Edward and Bella a moment to talk. I froze when I heard Jacob's angry voice. "You're marrying him?"

"Jake, I-" She looked at Edward. "You knew he was listening!"

"He deserves to know."

"Jake, stop!"

"Bella-"

"Don't. Jake, stop. Please!"

Jacob stopped. "I'm done! I'm so done."

"What can I do?"

"You can't do anything. I can! By going out there and killing something."

"No! You're not thinking clearly, don't do that."

"Or maybe I'll get myself killed and make it simple for you." I began to walk around to them, but I couldn't walk any further.

"No, Jake, stay."

"Why? Give me one good reason."

"Because I don't want to lose you!"

I felt numb. Like if I moved, my body would shatter.

"That isn't good enough."

"You're too important."

Jacob began walking away. "Still not good enough."

"Jacob! Kiss me!" I stared at her with horror. "I'm asking you to kiss me."

Jacob didn't hesitate. He walked over to Bella and kissed her. Tears once again rolled down my face. I couldn't move as they deepened their kisses. They broke apart, but Jacob kissed her one more time.

He whispered something to her, but the only thing I could hear was the blood pounding in my ears. Jacob looked up then over. His eyes widened when he saw I was standing there. He took a step towards me. "Melody..."

I ran. I turned to the side and ran down the hill. I could hear Jacob and Edward yelling at me to stop, but I couldn't. The only thing I could do was run. I knew they couldn't chase after me because of the battle. Twigs and branches whipped out at me as I flew by them. I didn't stop running until I collapsed in a clearing far from the camp site. My breaths came out in small white puffs, and my tears raced down my face to melt the snow below.

There was a crunch and a soft melodic voice. "Melody?"

I looked up and thought I was going crazy. "Anna?"

My dead best friend looked at me with a look of surprise and horror. She looked the same as before, but now she had pale white skin and red eyes.

"Victoria said..." She shook her head. "Victoria said I would be searching for someone named Melody, but I didn't know it was going to be you...I thought you were in Savannah!"

"Anna..." I shook my head. "You're alive! How?!"

She took a step away from me. "It was a vampire. They bit me multiple times, so that it'd look like a shark."

I stepped closer to her. "Why are you running away?"

"Melody, I was given orders to turn you!" She stepped into the trees. "Stop following me! If I act like I never saw you then I won't have to bite you!"

I stopped. "Bite me?"

"Victoria wants you, she wants you for Riley."

"Riley?"

"She wants him to mate with you, not her. She was using him this entire time to get to Bella. When she said that there was a Melody in Forks who showed signs of being special, I assumed it was some nobody girl. You need to get far away from me! Right now!"

Anna held a hand to her nose. "Stop, Melody!"

"Why? What's wrong?" I reached out to her, "Please, Anna! Talk to me! I can help you if you let me."

Anna closed her eyes and inhaled, "You smell so good."

That made me pause. When Anna opened her eyes, she didn't look scared. She looked hungry. "But if I turn you, we can be friends forever, like we planned. You, me, and Riley. I can find someone to mate with then we can go somewhere, far away from all of the horrible things happening here. You won't get hurt by Jacob or Bella."

I took a step away. Anna followed my steps. "You don't have to do this. I know a family who can help you."

"I don't need help, Lody, I need to get the job done." There was a hunger in her eyes. I knew it was a hunger for my blood, but also a hunger for something from her former life. I could feel her loneliness.

"Please, don't." I held my hand out in front of me as tears welled in my eyes.

She didn't reply. Instead she used her vampire speed to appear in front of me. I was frozen in place. My best friend, who I thought for months was dead, was standing in front of me. What was left of my heart ached when I remembered all the things we had been through together, all the things we had done. She was a monster now. Jacob didn't want me, didn't need me. If I turned, I could continue to be with my best friend like we always had been. I could turn off the pain that Jacob had given me.

"I'm sorry, Melody."

With that, she pushed me into the snow and bit into my shoulder. A blood curdling scream left my mouth as the venom from her fangs began to spread through my body. "I'll see you soon, Lody."

I continued screaming as the burning ripped through my body. The tree's began to blur together. I wanted it to end. I should have kept running when she told me what was going to happen. The snow pressed into my skin, but I couldn't feel it. I let out another scream. More tears escaped into my hair. The only things I could hear were my screams echoing off of the trees around me.

"Holy shit, no!" A deep voice came to my left. Paul's face appeared over mine. Then Seth and Embry's followed. They began to spin around as the venom moved deeper into my system. All Time Low's lyrics played through my head as I laid dying. I'm not coming back (forgive me)/I've done something so terrible/I'm terrified to speak (I'm not calling, I'm not calling).

"Who did this?" Carlisle's voice came next.

"No one was here when we came." Seth's voice sounded frantic as he smoothed the hair from my face.

"She can be saved." Carlisle lifted the top half of my body into his arms. "I'm going to help you, Melody."

My head lolled to the side, and I was floating in a world filled with clouds.I could no longer feel the pain. All I was doing was floating amongst the clouds.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

386 33 45
Melody was once just an orphan with a dream to own her own house. Once that dream was finally a reality she got more than she bargained for. Meeting...
92.2K 1.7K 20
Valen was just turning 18 awaiting the day to find her mate. An unexpected visit from her dad's friend throws her back into her fantasy crush with hi...
38.9K 2.2K 63
"That's ridiculous," I laugh "vampires don't exist" Melody is so close to finally finishing high school when a new boy comes along and changes her pe...
10.5K 479 10
Meet Faye Luciano, an artist, a dreamer, a fairy. Enraged after learning that the girl he loved since diapers was marrying his immortal enemy, Jacob...