Set Your Sails...to Neverland...

By lisajocosh

In the wake of an abrupt storm, Davina Jones is violently torn from all she holds dear, finding herself maroo... More

Prologue
Chapter 1 - Run
Chapter 2 - Never Underestimate a Pirate
Chapter 3 - The Ocean is a Pirate's Home
Chapter 4 - Secrets of Neverland
Chapter 5 - Let's Play
Chapter 6 - Fun and Faulty Games
Chapter 7 - Lost and Found
Chapter 8 - Hoist the Colours
Chapter 9 - An Opportune Moment
Chapter 10 - The Enchanted Forest
Chapter 11 - The Curse
Chapter 12 - Strange Surroundings
Chapter 13 - Once Upon A Time
Chapter 14 - One Step Closer
Chapter 15 - Secrets and Beliefs
Chapter 16 - One Year Later in Storybrooke
Chapter 17 - Breakthrough
Chapter 18 - Disrupted Plans
Chapter 19 - Advancement and Conflicts
Chapter 20 - The Return
Chapter 21 - Round Two
Chapter 22 - Alternatives
Chapter 23 - So They Meet Again
Chapter 24 - Secrets Revealed
Chapter 26 - Pan's Plans
Chapter 27 - Game Changer
Chapter 28 - Unexpected Kindness
Chapter 29 - The Penultimate Move
Chapter 30 - A Twist and a Turn
Chapter 31 - Dead Men Tell No Tales
Chapter 32 - From Villain to Hero
Chapter 33 - Arcadia
Chapter 34 - Kill or Be Killed
Epilogue - A New Adventure
Coming Soon
It's Here!

Chapter 25 - Reunited

5.1K 136 31
By lisajocosh

~ Davina

I make my way down to the camp, ready to eat some proper food rather than fish caught from the river. It was so nice to sleep in an actual bed. Before, I wasn't so bothered, but after a year of living in a house with a bed that doesn't rock side to side or leave me with splinters, it's my luxury. I have my arrows and bow that Bobby and Ricky made me from last time, wanting to practice my shooting at some point. I walk out, and I see that most of the Boys have dispersed to do their daily duties, but some still remain, repairing their spears or arrows or making new ones. My eyes scan over the camp, and I'm suddenly filled with rage as I remember Henry's attitude last night, what his decision is and how much Pan has already manipulated him and now, this. Pan's sitting with Henry, talking to him quietly with his hand on his shoulder and eye contact. I can't believe I thought Pan was being serious. I storm over, standing over them with my arms crossed.

"Pan, can I speak to you? Now?" I say, raising an eyebrow.

"Sorry, Henry, I'll have to leave you. Our special guest is being needy," he replies, smirking as he raises an eyebrow at me.

I roll my eyes, "You're the one who was, and is, desperate to keep me here."

Pan stands, and before he can comment back, I return to the clearing we were in yesterday, and I hear him follow behind me.

Without looking at him, I begin speaking, "I figured out how you know about everything that goes on here," I turn and glare at him, "your second face tells you everything."

"Excuse me?" He asks, his eyebrows morphing into a confused expression.

"I should have known that two-faced is part of your personality, on top of everything else."

"Are you planning on clarifying?"

"I know about the prophecies. I know that you need Henry, or rather, his heart. Or how was it the shadow put it?...The Heart of the Truest Believer?"

"And? I'm not surprised you know about them. You were bound to find out eventually."

"Not the point. You never even intended for that deal to mean anything. You may have said you'd leave Henry, but my conversation with him showed me how you've already manipulated him into saving you," I say, poking him in the chest, "Did you even consider another way?"

"There is no other way!" He shouts.

"There always is! God, you are so arrogant and glib!" I yell back. I'm surprised I haven't used my sword yet.

"You don't understand, Davina—"

"No. I should have never even thought about trusting you!" I interrupt.

As I turn, Pan huffs. I can just picture him almost speaking. But I don't turn around. I keep walking.

I walk with no destination. I just walk, fuming. I hack with unnecessary force at the overgrowth, only becoming more frustrated when the bushes don't cut at the first swipe. When a branch takes several hacks, I scream, and I almost fall forward when the branch breaks. I have to catch my breath. I calm myself down, closing my eyes and taking a few deep breaths. When I open my eyes again, I realise where I am.

The waterfall.

I didn't even notice that I'd just climbed up an almost vertical hill and ended up at the top of the cliff. Or, as it's charmingly named, Dead Man's Peak. I walk over to where the entrance should be, seeing that it's even more overgrown than before. I remember my plan, and decided to go through with it. Screw Pan. I was going to tell him my idea, but he lost the tiniest shred of trust I had. Cutting through the weeds would take too long, but luckily for me, I have an alternative. I create a ball of fire in my palm, also realising that Pan doesn't know I have magic before throwing it through, creating a clean path to the waterfall. I don't have anything to put the water in, so I procure another small glass vial with a cork top and walk through. The burnt dreamshade gives off a vile smell, but it doesn't last long when I enter the waterfall cove. It's the most peaceful place on the island. I listen to the water colliding, revelling in it; I bend down, and hold the vial under the waterfall until it's full. I press the cork in, and tie some string around it, and create a big enough loop so I can wear it around my neck. I'll drink it as soon as Henry's off the island and the others aren't in danger of Davy Jones. The vial hides under my corset, it's icy coldness pressing against my chest. With the dreamshade in my boot and the water around my neck, I feel like I have some kind of advantage over everyone. Now that I have what I need, I just need to plan how to convince Pan to leave Henry alone. Just as I'm about to make my descent, something swoops overhead. I duck and look up. It's the Shadow. It swoops again, narrowly missing my hood. While I can, I break into a sprint straight into the jungle. It follows me, and I jump over roots and duck under branches, my exposed skin getting scratched by twigs and holly leaves. I keep running, and I never look back or stop to catch my breath. I just keep going. I slow down for a moment, just to regain the balance I almost lost, which lets the Shadow make a grab for me, but I duck, and it's fingers just brush the back of my neck. I look up for a moment and see two or three more Shadows swooping down. I keep running, turning a corner to head into a section of the jungle where the trees are thicker, which makes it harder for both them and me to run. I have to dodge far more than I expected, and I stumble on an unseen tree root, falling and rolling across the leafy ground, and as soon as I start to slow, I roll up to stand. I get a brief glance that I've gained distance, and I begin running down the slope. When I turn on the flat ground, I collide with something, and I fall down. When I sit up, I see what, or rather, who it is.

"Davina?"

"Emma?"

"You're...you're..." She stutters in shock.

I look up, seeing the Shadows, and jump to my feet, "No time to chat. Run," I say and pull her up.

"Follow me," Emma instructs and we run in the direction she was coming.

"What's after us?" Emma shouts.

"The Shadows!" I yell back.

"Why?"

"I'll explain! Just keep running!" I shout, and we speed up.

We see a cave, and we have the same idea to quickly jump in as we run past. We roll, but end up crouching inside, and there's no way they can see us.

"Why are they chasing you?" Emma whispers, breathless.

"I will explain, but for now, shhhh," I say, my lungs burning.

We crouch in silence, trying to keep our breathing quiet, but it's difficult after running for so long. We can see the Shadows swooping around in the sky, looking for us. Eventually — thankfully — they give up, and they vanish. We wait for a little while to make sure they're gone. We crawl out, brushing off the ashy dust that stuck to us from the cave.

"Come with me. I think someone will want to see you," Emma says, and she leads us to what I assume is where their camp is.

- - -

I stay behind slightly whilst Emma walks into camp.

"Hook, I found something for you!" Emma shouts as she walks in.

I can see them all from where I stand, and Hook turns to her, frowning. I take that as my cue and appear from behind the tree. I'm grinning, Hook is shocked. As soon as I'm on flat ground, I run to him, his arms open wide and mine wrap around him.

"Hook!" I say as his arms circle around me.

"Davina!" He replies and I can hear the smile in his voice. We pull away, and he holds my shoulders at arm's length, "And you're alive!"

"Quite the shock, isn't it?" I say, grinning even more.

"I don't know how you've done it. Especially with your plans. Speaking of which, do you want to tell me what you were thinking when you wrote your letter?" He says.

"Good to have you back, Uncle." I reply, dodging his question.

"What I want to know, is how you're alive," Emma says from behind me. "Or at least, out of the camp. You were the last thing I was expecting to see out there."

I let out a long sigh, "Honestly? I don't know. And I'll give you all an explanation, but, right now...I have family matters I need to attend to," I say, looking up at Hook with a sad smile, realising that I'd be talking about my parents' death for the first time in what only feels like months, but has been years.

"Aye. I've got plenty of rum, and you've got plenty to say," Hook says, smiling, but apprehensive of the subject.

"Just like we used to," I say, and he nods.

We go off to the side, where there's a fallen tree to sit on, and a little more privacy. Hook sits down first, retrieving his flask of rum. I retrieve my own and take a swig before we even begin.

"So, what's that brother of mine up to then? Where is he? Why's he left you on this God-awful place?"

I hang my head, pressing my eyes shut so tightly it hurts as I try to suppress the tears. I take a deep breath. "That's what we need to talk about."

"Why? What's he done?"

"It's not what he's done. It's...my fault."

"I doubt that, love. You're my niece, what could you have done to scare my brother off?" Hook jokes, his signature smile appearing.

"It's so complicated...I don't know where to start..." I say, my voice almost breaking.

"How about, where my brother is?"

I decide not to hold back, "He's dead. They both are."

"What?" Hook asks, closing his eyes and shaking his head slightly in shock.

"It all started, after we all thought he was dead, which you never told me how by the way. But I read between the lines of your secret expedition to a secret island of magic, which could only be Neverland. It was the day we decided to become pirates. Right after we parted ways, when mother and I got on our ship and you stayed on the Jolly Roger. We sailed for a while, and then, when night fell, another ship appeared..." I swallow thickly. "The Flying Dutchman..."

"Davina, what are you saying?" Hook asks.

~ 1897

Davina and her mother, Diana, watch as The Jolly Roger turns into just a dot and then into nothing. Both have tears in their eyes, but there is no energy left in them to cry anymore. Neither can speak to one another, there's too much pain. Killian and Liam said the trip was safe, that everything would be fine. It would be better, actually, because this would mean more money from the King, as they were carrying out their duty to their country. Diana and Davina collected supplies for the journey out of England, even stocking up on rum for celebratory reasons. They waited for Liam and Killian, eager for their return. All was well, or, as well it could be, considering they discovered that their King was planning on killing all enemies with a deadly poison. They set sail back to England, and everything was perfectly normal. Until Liam dropped to the ground. Davina lost her father, and Diana lost her husband. They gave him the burial he deserved, and decided in that moment, that none of them could live under the rule of such a ruthless King, and became Pirates. The flag was torn down, the uniform discarded. Killian, Diana and Davina part ways, agreeing to meet at the tavern when they arrived in Tortuga. Now, Diana and Davina sail away from England, watching the land they only briefly stepped on become smaller and smaller. Night falls, and the only sound is The Ocean Ghost moving through the water. Davina takes over from Diana to steer the ship so she can have something to eat and rest. Just as Davina takes hold of the wheel, the ship shakes and rocks, and everyone almost falls down.

"What was that?" Diana shouts.

Davina opens her mouth to reply, but the question is answered when a ship covered in all kinds of ocean matter rises from the depths, water spraying everywhere, coating the deck in salt water. Diana moves her forearm from covering her face, and her eyes widen as she realises what, or who it is.

The Flying Dutchman. And Davy Jones.

"Davina, come here. Right now," Diana orders, and Davina runs to her mother's side, brandishing her sword.

The Dutchman settles next to The Ghost, creaking as it rocks. Nothing happens, and then ropes appear, with crewmen sliding down onto the deck of The Ghost. The crew land, their heads and bodies more sea creature than human. Before Davina or Diana can react, The Dutchman's crew take hold of the humans, making sure that they can't help or retaliate. There's a thud behind Davina and her mother, and they spin to see Davy Jones himself.

"Well, well, well, what do we have here? Two women manning a ship? When was that allowed?" Davy Jones shouts, and his crew laugh.

Davina glares at his misogyny, tightening her grip.

"I've heard that you two have lost someone quite dear to you today," Jones adds.

"How would you know that?" Davina snaps.

"I know everything. I'm guessing you don't, but, I can help."

"Why? And for what price?" Davina says.

"You're a feisty one aren't you? Far more so than your mother. Clever too," Jones replies. "I heard that your family are the only ones with the knowledge necessary to find the Elixir of Life."

Davina glares more, "And what if we do?"

"Davina, stop," Diana whispers.

"Awww is mummy scared?" Jones taunts, "I think your daughter here can handle herself quite well."

As soon as Jones says this, Diana is detained, a jagged dagger to her neck. Davina goes to swipe at Maccus, the crew member who's part hammerhead shark, but Jones stops her by stepping between them.

"Ah ah ah. You want them all to live, you want my help, you behave. Can you do that?"

Davina nods.

"Good. So, you know about the Elixir of Life?"

"Yes. But my father was the one who knew the details, but as you know, he...passed away...earlier today," Davina struggles.

"Yes, yes...Liam Jones was it? Interesting, don't you think, how we share the same name?"

"Yes, but I'd rather not dwell on it. No offence," Davina says, grimacing.

"Understandable. But, let's not discuss the latter—"

"What's the deal?" Davina interrupts.

"I'm liking you more and more. I want you to find the pendant - the key - to find the Elixir of Life, then to bring it to me, and take me to the location. In return, I will resurrect your father, and make your ship, like The Dutchman, invincible."

"Why?" Davina asks, "Why do you need it? Aren't you already...immortal?"

"Immortal with chains. But that's all you get. The Elixir, for your father, and an invincible ship."

"What are the repercussions for not upholding our end?"

"Whoever makes the deal, will be marked with the Black Spot. I'll remove it while you find the key so that the Kraken won't disrupt your journey. But, should you not deliver the key, the dealmaker will receive the Spot, and the Kraken will hunt you down, bring me to you. The rest will die, but the dealmaker will live, and become part of the crew, part of the ship," Jones explains.

"Is that all? So, we deliver you the key, and lead you to the Elixir, we live, but if we don't, and we...'run'...one of us becomes part of The Dutchman?"

"Exactly. And I can guess who it will be," Jones says, stepping forward, holding out his...tentacle, "Shall we make a deal?"

"Davina, no!" Diana shouts.

Davina steels her glare, holding out her hand, "Deal."

Jones takes her hand, his tentacle wrapping around it, and they shake on it. Jones smiles as he tighten his grip. Davina holds back her wince as she feels the Black Spot form and disappear again. He releases her hand, and Davina wipes the slime off on her trousers.

"How will you bring him back?" Davina asks.

"Bring him on!" Jones shouts.

Four of his crew members lift Liam's body on board, unwrapping him. Davina looks away from her father's dead body. Jones walks over, and the next thing Davina can hear, is a gasp of air. She whips around to see her father coughing and spluttering water everywhere. Davina runs over, helping him up.

"Thank you, Davina, for all of your help. I look forward to seeing you. Crew member or not," Jones says, and they, with the Dutchman, vanish.

~ Davina, present day

"So that's how he lived? Davy Jones revived my brother?" Hook says.

"Yes...that's why we didn't say anything at the tavern when we met you, and why we were so eager to get the map to the key and the Elixir off of you. And—"

"How does this lead to his...second death?"

I sigh, "We were going on another...'adventure'. Neither of them told me what the name of the place was, just whereabouts we had to head. So, I asked around. Found out that something in the area had been sinking ships. When we arrived, this something attacked us...tentacles...metres above us. There was a storm...and we were losing. We fought, and I was going to stay, but...they told me to go. Save myself, to tell everyone about their deaths so no one else would die. I washed up on shore, here, in Neverland. It turns out...the thing that attacked us...it was the Kraken."

Hook frowns, "But the deal you made...?"

I huff, reaching into the pocket to show him the pendant.

"Davina, tell me you didn't...that that isn't the key."

"I never gave Jones the key. I wasn't going to let him live eternally. Lord knows what would have happened if I had! The world today would be tormented by him."

Hook sighs, "You haven't seen the Kraken since?" He asks, closing his eyes in exasperation.

"No, but...I have a feeling I will soon," I say, removing my glove and the bandage, showing him the curse that Davy Jones burdened me with. I burdened myself with.

Hook opens his eyes, and instantly takes my hand in his, "No...Davina tell me this isn't real."

I can't hold back anymore, and the tears brim my eyes and I sob, "But it is..."

Hook embraces me, holding my head to his chest as I finally let out everything I had been keeping in. It feels so good to be back with family, to be with something I know so well. I realise that I've always been closer to Hook than I ever was with my parents. We're more alike — the same mentality, personality, and strategy.

"Sshh love, it's okay. Everything will be fine," he says, trying to calm me.

I pull away, my face sticky with tears, "I'm scared, Hook. I've never been so scared. I don't want to be part of the Dutchman. I can't...I won't...I don't want...I..."

"I know. I know. We'll figure out a way to fix it. But we need clear heads. So, let's stop the waterworks, eh? Here, have some of my rum. It's your favourite," Hook says, passing me his flask.

I take a few swigs from his flask, instantly calming down. With a few deep breaths, I'm back to normal.

"I missed you," I say to Hook.

"You wouldn't have had to have missed me for so long if you didn't bloody hide from me back in that town of theirs," Hook jokes.

I smile, "I know...I just...I wanted to fix my mess before I saw you so we could begin without any problems. I knew you would stop me too. I needed to do it on my own. And I have. But, that's part of what I need to tell everyone. There's a lot I know that I need to share, and, I need you all to help me complete a plan I've got," I explain.

"Alright love. But first, cheers. Cheers to my brother, my sister-in-law and their bravery and sacrifice. And cheers to you, for protecting your family," Hook toasts.

"And to fixing this mess," I add.

"Aye. To piracy!"

"To piracy!" I repeat, and we tap flasks before taking a long gulp.

- - -

After Hook fills me in on all of his adventures, and I tell him about my time in Storybrooke, we return to the others. Snow and Charming greet me with a hug, Regina too. We build a fire, I collect some food, and I begin telling them what happened since I arrived in Neverland. I tell them about my arrival, and the shipwreck, and following Pan around on that first night to see what he was up to. I tell them about hiding, and the exploring and my discovery of the Caves, the Hollow, and Skull Rock. I tell them about the Shadows, the deals, and that Henry is here, and finally, the prophecies.

"So, Pan wants Henry's heart, to keep him alive?" Emma asks.

"Exactly. But, I have a plan. Pan and Neverland's source is an hourglass. The magic left is resembled by the sand inside. Now, if you want to reverse the time in an hourglass, you turn it, right?"

"Right," they all agree.

"So, we need to figure out a way to get Pan to uphold his deal with me of leaving Henry alone. The way to do that is to convince him there's another way, which is to turn the hourglass."

"Why would Pan ever agree to that?" Regina asks.

"Because, I have a theory. I can see a sliver of rationality in Pan, I think he would do it. I think it's the Shadow that won't. You see, when Pan took control of Neverland, he became tied to the Shadow. I think the Shadow controls him, and if Henry's heart is used it will make them stronger, particularly his Shadow. If we were to turn the hourglass, the Shadow, I think, would lose control over Pan and he would become independent in 'owning' Neverland, because it would be his choice. Not the Shadow's," I explain.

"Why do you want to help him?" Emma asks.

"Because Neverland might be the only way to keep me alive," I say and briefly explain the Black Spot. "Pan told me about the healing properties of the waterfall here, and I took a vial of it. If Neverland's magic dies, so do the healing properties of the water. If I drink it, it might get rid of Davy Jones' curse, and it will mean that I have to stay here. If I leave, I die. If I die, I'm no use to Jones, which means he can't take me. I stay alive and...relatively free."

"That would mean you're stuck here, in Neverland, for the rest of your life," Hook says, "No. I won't allow it. I will not allow you to stay here with that Devil. No."

"Would you rather I stay here, or be part of Jones' crew? Part of the Dutchman?" I ask, looking at him in the eyes.

"Say Pan listens to your proposal, what will he get in return?" Regina asks.

"Me. I make him a deal. He leaves Henry out of it, and in return, I stay here, with him. Forever."

"That's a big promise, Davina," Snow says.

"I know, but, it's better than spending eternity under the command of Davy Jones."

"I don't think he'll agree," Regina blurts out.

"Why not?"

"What map did you say you gave him?"

"The one from your archives. It has every realm on it. The borders are gold and..."

Regina sighs, "Crap...Davina do you have any idea what that map will do in the wrong hands?" I shake my head. "Pan won't agree because if he has Henry's heart, he gets powerful, which probably means he can leave Neverland for a longer period of time than before. If he has that map, he know where to go, and if he can get there...we're gonna have bigger problems than Captain Tentacles."

"Why? Regina, what does the map do?" Charming asks, sounding extremely concerned.

"If Pan goes to one of the lands with the map...using magic...he can take control over them. Any and all of them."

"I have to get that map back."

A/N

Ayeee another update!

Finally Hook and Davina reunited #jonesfamilyreunion

Did you like the flashblack? I wanted to clear things up a bit with Davina's past and her family, and what exactly the deal was with Davy Jones.  And I wanted to clear up what the map could be used for (the purpose was inspired by episode 10 'The New Neverland').

ONLY 8 VOTES AWAY FROM 500 AND 225 READS FROM 10K AAAAAAAH

THANK YOU SO MUCH <3 <3

Idk when I'll update next, college is gonna be crazy, so please be patient!

Much love <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

18.7K 660 37
This is the truth of a story you know all too well. Peter Pan. But this Neverland is not what you expect. It has dark secrets hiding in every corner...
63.6K 1.3K 15
[Book #2 in the series OUAT Peter Pan x Reader.] Y/N is forced to stay on Neverland after she drank the Neverland Waterfall's water. She's got a huge...
40.1K 1.1K 63
"Everyone thinks they know my story, the story of Peter Pan and Wendy Darling. The story of a nice little girl, who lives in a nice house, with two n...
10.3K 286 29
This is the story of how I died... or lived. I can't reveal that until the end of the story. This story is also about where I went. I was too damn ca...