The Favour

By the_flightless_bird

Annabeth who has supernatural powers, meets the god of mischief and lies. He thinks he can finally gain rev... More

chapter1
chapter 2
chapter 3
chapter 4
chapter 5
chapter 6
chapter 7
chapter 8
chapter 9
chapter 10
chapter 11
chapter 12
chapter 13
chapter 14
chapter 15
chapter 16
chapter 17
chapter 18
chapter 19
chapter 20
chapter 21
...
chapter 22.
chapter 23
chapter 24

chapter 25

238 19 29
By the_flightless_bird

"Loki! " a voice boomed through the halls. Loki's head shot up. He was sitting on the couch with Beth on his lap. Tony walked into the room with packing peanuts stuck on his head.

"Tony?  What happened? " Beth asked innocently.

"Your boyfriend stuffed my suit with packing peanuts." He said while eying the confused Loki.

Loki looked completely mystified, " why must I stuff your tin can with eatables? "

"Its not a tin can! And I wasn't talking about eating peanuts I was talking about the foam ones. " he sputtered.

"foam? " he asked even more confused. Beth burst into laughter.
"Your face oh God!  It's so perfect" she laughed.

"Did.. no!. You? " Tony said with his hand over his heart, " How dare you?"

"Tony! Lighten up!  It's April fool's day! "

Tony straightened his head  and walked out with a smirk on his face.

"I probably shouldn't have told him that. " she said rather glum.

"I do not understand." Loki said. This had all passed over his head, " who is April's fool?"

Beth sighed, " it's a day where we play pranks on each other."

Loki stared at her for a while before his lips turned up in a mischevious smile.

"Pranks you say? " he said, still smiling.

Beth's smile vanished, " y.. yes.. b.. but harmless ones. No one should get hurt."

"Interesting.I shall see you later my love." He kissed her head.

He carried her off of him, placed her on the couch and began to walk away.

"Loki!  Harmless!  No hurting anyone! " she shouted out.

"I wouldn't dream of it! " he replied with a smirk. She sighed. I hope no one dies!

Beth's POV:

It had been two days since the fight. Annie and the rest were kept in prison where fury was attempting to convince them to join SHIELD.

Loki had  never left my side. He slept on my bed and got up when I did. He never left me alone. He would sit on the bed while I bathed and ask me If I was alive every 5 seconds.. and I had to answer. He nearly broke down the door when I didn't.

I had slept off in the bathtub. When he called  me I hadnt answered and he had barged in guns blazing. I threw all of the shampoo bottles at him and chased him out.  He still smells like peaches. Well at least his hair is gonna be "99% free from breakage". So that's good.

I still did feel a pang of guilt for attacking those who I called my best friends. But I did the right thing. Didn't I? 
Sigh. Why does this author make everything so complicated for me?

[ authors note ~  ): ]

I walked over to the kitchen and picked up an Apple
I was about to bite into it when I heard a loud gasp.

"Who put the bucket of water on the door? " Steve's voice boomed. Time to go.

"I know it was you Beth! "

I giggled as I ran out the door. They would never be able to prank me!  I bit  into the Apple and immediately  spit it out. It had mud inside!

"Tony stark!  You better hide your tin ass!  You just started  a war!" I shouted at the cameras, knowing he was watching. Bleh! I ate mud!

I walked  over to the elevator.
"Jarvis? "

"Yes madam."

"Have you heard of April fool's day? "

"Of course. "

"Will you be on my side? "

" Yes."

"Really? " I squealed.

"You asked first."

I grinned. This would be a good day after all.

I walked out the elevator towards the new room that tony had assigned to me. The door was slightly open. I pushed it wide with my hand but didn't enter. A pail of water fell. I smirked.

"Can't  get me that easy capsicle. " I shouted. I smiled as i walked in the room. My leg touched a rope and before I knew it whipped cream was sprayed in my face.

"Damn you! " I shouted.

"Language! " he answered back. I sulked and licked off some cream. What?  You wouldn't?  It's whipped cream!  Don't judge!

I knew how to get my revenge though. I walked over to capsicle's room. There it is. His beautiful shield.

----------------------

Loki walked over to Beth's room. He placed his contraption and smiled.

Just as Beth was about to come into the room, he disappeared.

Beth walked in with the shield and placed it on the bed, when she saw the large golden capsule on the floor. She tilted her head. What is that?

She walked closer and reached out to touch it. Bang!

The capsule exploded sending pink gel everywhere. She gasped.

"Loki odinson ! You are so dead."

She looked in the mirror. The pink stuff was everywhere. She fumed and walked over to the closet which was also covered in pink goop.

"Thought you could trick me huh? " she smirked.

"Jarvis? "

"Yes madam? "

"Initiate the plan. "

"Very Well."

Beth walked over to Tony's room slowly. She hid the shield in a large black sheet. As she opened the door to the corridor she nearly bumped into  Loki. He held a black bag in his hand as well.

"Hey" she said warily.

"Hello" he said. They eyed each other. Loki looked at the article in her hand. She looked at the one in his. Her face still stained pink.

"What umm.. what do you have there? " she asked 'm casually'

"Nothing at all" he said with an Oscar winning performance, "what do you have? "

"Umm.. nothing" she said in a voice that reeked of guilt, " ok. So umm.. I uh.. have to do this job. You know. Really important job."

"Oh of course" he said.

They moved over to opposite doors while keeping an eye on each other.

"Good bye sweety " she said.

"Goodbye love" he said and they both rushed out the room.
--------------------------------------------

Loki was in Natasha's room. He had completed what he came for. He smirked to himself. He heard Natasha  coming and ran for the elevator.

"Mechanical person, take me to the main hall." He commanded Jarvis.

"Yes sir."

The doors closed, however the elevator didn't move.

"What are you doing? " he asked the computer.

Suddenly a voice was heard. The lights dimmed and romantic music played. The voice was reading something. A book?  what was it about?  Lokis face turned red as the voice kept reading. He began to sweat. He couldn't  hear this anymore. He began to pant

"O.... open the door! " he shouted frantically. He tried to focus and teleport himself out. But the words were distracting him. He shut his ears and focussed again. It worked.  He reappeared on the couch.  Beth sat next to him. A cheeky smile on her face. Her skin was still stained pink in certain places. She  sipped coffee in a loud and noisy sip while maintaining  eye contact and smirking. 

"What in all the nine realms was that disgusting book? " his face was still red and he looked flustered.

"Its thorki fanfiction. People write it.  You know.. between you and Thor.... " she said still smirking

"No! Don't  ever mention this to me again." He shakily stood up and walked out. Beth rolled  on the ground in laughter.

"Thanks Jarvis!  Now the next one! "

"that is already underway."

-----------------------------------------

Natasha entered her room. She knew someone would try to prank her,  she had heard Tony and Beth talk.  It would never work. She saw a bag on the ground. She stamped on it.  Something broke inside.  No explosion. She slowly picked it up and opened it. Oh no!

"Where are my arrows?  Who took my baby?" Clints voice thundered. Time to run!

She walked up to the elevator.Tony was in as well. She and Tony stood in alone. There was an awkward silence as the elevator suddenly stopped.

"Jarvis?" Tony called out, "what's happening?"

A voice began to read as the lights  dimmed and music played. Tony turned red. Natashas eyes widened and she fought to control her laughter.

"Jarvis!  You're supposed to be on my side."

"Sorry sir. Ms. Stone asked first."

"Open the elevator Jarvis." Tony shouted as the voice continued reading. He began to breathe heavily. Natasha had stopped laughing and was cringing. The elevator suddenly moved again and opened in front of the main hall. It opened to show Loki standing with a glass of water looking rather red. Tony didn't  even glance at him and ran the other way.

"Am I that repelling? " Loki asked raising a brow

"He heard something in the elevator."

Loki turned red, " about Thor and me? "

"No! About you and him." She walked away with a small smile on her face,  leaving a very red Loki who simply began to cradle his head in his palms. He would never look at Thor or tony without cringing again.

------------------------------------------

"Where is my shield? " Steve called out. He knew Beth had taken it. He went to her room where she sat surrounded by some pink gel.

"Where is she? "

"Your shield is a she? " Beth asked with a raised eyebrow

"Well.. I.. " Steve muttered. Beth began to laugh.

"I don't have it capsicle  ask Loki! "

Steve walked over to lokis room. his beautiful shield was missing! He walked inside and looked around. It looked uninhabited. Well it would be,  he had been using Beth's room. He walked over to the closet and carefully opened it.
There was a picture framed in the corner. April fool's!  What?  Before he could react the picture threw out a net and the captain was caught.

"Shit. "

"Language!" Jarvis said.

Steve rolled his eyes and began to get. out of the sticky net

"Loki" he said through gritted teeth.

Nat wondered what to do with the broken bow. Clint would be enraged. She walked over to Tonys lab.

------------------------------------

Clint was frantically searching for his bow. He bumped into Steve on the way

"Have you seen my bow and arrow?" He asked.

"Have you seen my shield? " Steve asked.

"Search for them together ? " Clint asked. Steve nodded and they walked out.

----------------------------------

The entire day passed by. Loki had fallen down the stairs once.  I had been chased by a big black widow spider no need to guess who did that one!
Steve's shield  was finally found in Tonys lab. It's was stained pink. Clint had cried over his broken arrows and had pranked Natasha in return. She was now stained black. Clint  said it  resembled her heart for breaking his arrows. They fought afterward. Hence destroying the living Room.

At the end we all sat in a ruined living room. I was pink. Tony still had some packing peanuts on his head. Steve had some sticky net thing on him. Natasha and Clint had a bruise each, Clint more than Natasha.  Loki was stained purple. Courtesy of me!  But we were all happy. We laughed and joked as we sat around. Bruce had joined us as well. He hadn't participated as he was scared the hulk would make an entrance. Loki and Tony never looked at each other though! Oops

Then suddenly thunder was heard. We all looked toward the balcony. A man in a red cape stood. Loki cringed and rubbed his eyes while Nat smiled at him.

"Thor! " I shouted and hugged him, "it's been a while"

"Lady annabeth!" His voice sounded tired, " it is good to see you."

"You sound tired!" I exclaim with one hand on his cheek. I could swear I heard loki growl.

"I'm just happy now. All.is settled with jotunheim and..." Before he could finish I interrupted.

"Who is this? " I asked as I noticed a girl standing shyly next to him.

"This is jane. " he said with a proud blush.

"Hey! " the brunette greeted and shook my hand. I pulled her in for a hug  which she returned.

"Aww she is so pretty! " I said. She looked at all of us with a confused look.

"April fool's day" Tony explained. She nodded. Then she looked at Loki and steeled her face. He smirked at her.

"What is he doing here? " she said snappily.

"Of course he managed to make you hate him" I mumbled, " he now works with the avengers"

" really? " she asked incredulously.

"Yup " I said, " come on sit. We ordered pizza and Thor looks famished. " I pulled them to the sofa and we all sat.

"You can sit here darling" Loki signalled  me to his lap. I smiled and sat on him.

"Darling? " Jane asked, "they're dating? "

"Yes,  they are courting " thor said. She looked thoughtful and then smiled.

"For real? " she looked at me. I nodded vigorously and kissed loki's fingers. He smiled kissing the side of my head.

"That's sweet" she said. I smiled at her and leaned back into Loki who wrapped his hands around me. While rolling his eyes at Jane.

The doorbell rang and Tony ran to open the door. Tony brought the pizza  and we all ate happily.

"The show isn't over" Tony said.

" What do you mean? " I asked while licking cheese off of my fingers. Don't judge!  I might...have licked some off of lokis lips too...don't judge..you would too.

" You think we forgot? " he said. I looked at him with a raised eyebrow.

A boom was heard startling me. I turned to the large window. Fireworks?!

Beautiful colors splayed in a magnificent display.

"Happy birthday love" Loki said while kissing my cheek.

"I.. I had forgotten" I breathe out. It had been years since I had celebrated my birthday, "th.. thank you "

"Don't worry kid" Tony said. They all hugged me and we sat at on the couch starring  out the window. Coco cuddled near Loki.

"Consider this repayment" Loki said as he stroked the purring  cat.

" What for? " I asked.

" for keeping me in your house. That was a favour I hadn't repaid" he said.

"Yeah you did. You repaid it ten times over. " I said and kissed the tip of his nose. He smiled.

Yeah I don't have regrets. I would choose these guys over anyone else any day.

They're all I have. They're my family.

-----------------the end! ---------------

Yay!  last chapter. That too on my birthday! Yeah I totally planned it so that I would release the last chapter on my birthday (lies! ). 

Seriously though,  thank you so much for reading, voting and commenting. I originally started writing to get over the depression of not getting into college and I never expected ANYONE to read it, but you have?  Thank you!  You have made me so happy! I love all of you. And I will surely write another book (not a sequel) but maybe another fanfic? 
( edit I did write many other of which my favourite is keeping up with the asgardians so do check it out!)

So yeah. Thanks! Love and kisses.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.9K 46 7
Fluff, Smut and angst with the one only Loki AKA The God of Mischief. Sadly i do not own any of the marvel characters only the reader characters that...
6.1K 193 52
Long before the events of Thor and the Avengers, the god of mischief fell for a common Asgardian maiden. Late night meetings and secret rendezvous's...
15.2K 412 11
What happens when Loki, the God of Mischief becomes mortal and meets a girl that could make him feel things he thought he was incapable of feeling?
89.5K 2.9K 21
*~COMPLETE~* Freya, the Goddess of Love lives in Asgard with her two older brothers, God of Thunder Thor and the God of Mischief Loki. Her mother Fr...