anobrain // narry au

By narryy

** MAJOR EDITING** Niall realises he likes Harry, his best friend. But Harry's already drowning deep in a tox... More

before you read.
in
jeans
so
new
we
should
eat
one
before
two
man
i'm
so
high,
i
think
i
love
you
and
i
was
thinking
about
leaving
again
it
all
depends,
are
we
just
friends?
and
can
you
leave
a
bit
of
your
k?
for
you,
babe
it's
a no brain
we
take
your
mum's
car
to
the
edge
of
the
town
and
we
drive,
yeah
we
go
round
and
round
epilogue one.
epilogue two.
epilogue three.
epilogue four.

little

314 39 14
By narryy

i've concluded once i reach chapter forty i will be going under a minor editing for anobrain. rewriting chapters, deleting most of my rambling, changing around some information, basically, just so you're aware of my next move.

i'll also be drafting a third story i'm hoping to start before the new year arises. i really don't have much detail on it yet.

-

-

chapter thirty-eight. another one bites the dust.

-

-

THE SMELL OF BREWING coffee is what awakes me. The strong scent of it wafts into my nose, mingles within my nostrils, awaking me more than the morning sun that habitually shines through the blinds covering my window. In my bedroom — at home.

But I'm not at home, or at Harry or Louis's house. Nor the not so punk rock Punk Rock anymore -- I'm at my new job that goes by the name of Colourful Sandwiches. Another local coffeeshop that's not the biggest nor small shop in all of Manchester. Kind of like the not so punk rock Punk Rock. Just a bit more trendy and up to date with today's current aesthetics.

It doesn't compare well with my persona, the whole style of the coffeeshop. But I am lucky, however, to have gotten hired so quickly to work here. Fortunate for the brief walking distance, about the same duration as Punk Rock, from my house to here. And for the steadied hours. Unlike the ones I was assigned to working at my old job.

Oh how much I miss my old job. The bosses and my coworker Dylan at Punk Rock. The velvety styled chairs and the fancy pastries. The old brick building designed with cool, theme coloured banners. And Punk Rock .. it, kind of, rocked. In its own sort of way. With its customers and its workers, commonly bonding together. Twelve hours of the day -- morning to noon to the late, late evening.

I'll definitely miss it all.

But the world, technically, revolves around money. And if I don't have money I cannot revolve or evolve with life itself. It's a saddening reality yet it is nothing but the truth. The truth about how society develops along with civilian's bank account balances. Just about every week to everyday.

And speaking -- well thinking -- of the twenty-four hour limit of one day.

There's one week until Louis's nineteenth birthday and the Christmas holiday. Unfortunately everyone is going away. Even Louis who's flying to the Americas, precisely New York City, for an interview at a school he's severely interested in.

Thought that alters many plans for him and I; I couldn't be anymore proud of and for my good, practically best, friend. Still lost in the world of universities, but all the more, proud of his accomplishments for the future. They do nothing but influence my decisions on where I want to end up in the future, just as determined as big-hearted Louis Tomlinson.

With my thoughts surrounded by a contagious wall of optimism, I deliver a plate of pistachio flavoured macaroons to a nearby table stationed by one of the Colourful Sandwiches's window. Almost, beyond ecstatic, happy my shift is over momentarily.

I SPEND HOURS WRAPPING presents days later because I like to be ahead of the game. Plus, I feel more comfortable when everything is set on my agenda. It's great to earn the privilege of a head-start. Especially when there's more to accomplish later on for the day. More being Harry and Louis, simultaneously, coming over to mine before they're set to leave for the upcoming holidays.

To make sure the two are still coming over for our new traditional movie night, I send them both a confirmation text. It's our last night together before the New Years. As Harry goes to see Gemma more up north soon and as Louis flies to the states for the holiday week.

Harry's buzzing about seeing his older sister. He's rambled and babbled and spoke about it for hours earlier this week when he came to mine for a visit. I didn't mind though. To see someone whom makes you happy, happy, that's all the content really needed for something so simplistic. So I'm happy and excited for him and his vacation — for Harry to reunite with his only sibling.

I can't help but feel a little lonely, though. My mum is travelling around Europe for the holidays with no intention on stopping home until her fashion line is permanently finished. Cara is flying to Manila to be with Kendall, her girlfriend, this upcoming holiday.

And I don't exactly live with anyone else to spend time with, no more friends and no more family. They do say things happen for a reason. Maybe the rain-cheques my family took, there's a gist reason behind their unintentionally hurtful actions. I can only infer.

After Harry and Louis's arrival and the movie the three of us decided to watch ends, myself and Louis exchange presents and amiable words before his fellow departure. Words like enjoy your vacation, have fun, don't get into any trouble, etc. etc,.

Then, I'm closing my front door after hugging Louis twice more. Leaving only I and Harry to ourselves. He wears a sly grin up on his face before pulling me into his lap. So, so abruptly, though I don't seem to mind the sweet gesture.

We meet in a soft, passionate kiss. It's very slow and all the same butterfly-swarming, until Harry's lips begin trailing down my neck tenderly. With a fond giggle I push him away. In a playful manner, of course.

"I have a surprise for you," he whispers into my ear. With just as much shock I turn to Harry with an excited grin. "What is it?" I question curiously. My eyes light up and widen at the many predictions swimming through my creative mind.

Harry's smile widens to a broad beam. "I know you said you're fine spending Christmas by yourself, no matter how many times I've asked you these past weeks--" Harry begins. I recall the many concerning looks Harry gave me during lunch when I constantly reassured him how adapted I am with being alone for weeks and months, without my family. A holiday is the same as any ordinary day. In my opinion.

With reluctance I go to stop Harry from speaking, but he beats me to it by shaking his head repeatedly. "I know what you're going to say, Niall," he says. "You're fine and all. But I don't feel comfortable leaving you by yourself for the holidays." And from the slow smile crawling onto Harry's lips again, I know where he's getting at.

"So I told my mother that I'm spending Christmas with you instead of at Gemma's. She's okay with it -- rather me keep you company anyway," he says excitedly. "Mum has always had a soft spot for you."

I'm a little taken aback by Harry's announcement. But predictable thoughts automatically appear into my mind of what Christmas would be like with just Harry and I. The two of us experiencing our first holiday together as a couple.

Then a burst of excitement flows within me, shifting and transitioning into heated fireworks that bloom into another set of flowing butterflies. The insects fly around my ribcage, tickle my heart like Harry's announcement, and I find myself nodding repeatedly, wordlessly at Harry. I pull him into a forceful hug as my lips kiss his continuously, excitedly.

It's moments like these that sacrifices are made. Sacrifices that elicit passion and besot since Harry is giving up a chance to see his favourite person in the world to spend time with someone like me on an important holiday. Someone, being, his loser boyfriend. That still, kind of, is his best friend.

Psychology usually says it takes sixty-six days to form a habit but I disagree. Myself and Harry have only been together, on and off, for around one month and I find myself growing attached and bonding with Harry. But I've known Harry for years and years and years.

That's when I realise Harry's been my habit for about a decade. I don't mind that realisation at all.

-

-

-

-

What do you think is going to happen next? How do you think Harry and Niall are going to spend their Christmas together? As a couple this time?

That sounds hella exciting tbh.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.2K 312 21
Harry writes to his Diary. Niall writes to Harry. They love each other. But don't know it yet because they're just friends. Narry Storan book? I...
10.1K 672 22
Niall couldn't leave but he wanted too, just wanted to pack up and forget... But he couldn't. 11.11.15 - 8.11.18
130K 7.2K 70
"Is it possible to be in love with two people?" "Hell no." After being left by his boyfriend, Niall finds himself lost and heartbroken until he meets...
15.4K 592 19
Niall and Harry are 'friends' :) EXTREMEMLY CLICHE AND PREDICTABLE. but fun and cute 💖