Rejected

By LifeAsIknowIt

“I, Eryn Jay, accept your rejection William Camp” I watched as his body dropped to the ground. His hands sho... More

Authors Note: Read before starting Rejected.
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
AUTHORS NOTE
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
EPILOGUE
Authors note

Chapter 26

13.7K 503 27
By LifeAsIknowIt

*****A/N*****

Wondering..... what would you all like to see happen? Now that im re-writing the end im a little excited to change it all up. I never thought anybody would read this story but me!

Anyways let me know :) WOOHOOOO its almost christmas! you know what that means? NO not presents.... it means CHRISTMAS BREAK!!! im so excited to just... not work.

i apologize in advance for drunk chapters this holiday season ;) anyhooooo.... as always.... enjoy xo

LifeAsIKnowIt

CHAPTER 26

I pushed myself harder; the scenery passing by in a blur. I kept trying to mindlink Bernie but it was only static; what did that mean?

“Maybe they already made it there Rosie”

My pace started to falter. What if I was already too late?

“Don’t think like that; we aren’t too late now pick up the fucking pace”

Snarling I kept running; listening to Rosie I pushed myself harder.

Only when I crossed our pack land border did I finally slow down. Creeping into the tree’s I crouched down to take a gulp of water from the stream. I loved coming out here and laying in this exact spot… I thought I had problems then! Shaking my head I strained to listen to any indication that the hunters made it here before me. The only sound was the streams flowing water.

Moving quickly and quietly I crouched down behind a tree, looking towards the pack house. It was to quiet, where was everyone? I wonder if they were already warned about the impending doom. Trying unsuccessfully one last time to link my uncle I shifted back into my human form. I bent down digging around in the trunk of the tree. I pulled out a blue t-shirt- more specifically Blake’s blue t-shirt. I threw it on quick and ran up to the house; pressing myself against the wall; again I heard nothing.

As I crept up the stairs to the patio doors I tried to smell for any different scents; only the ones of the pack wafted around my nose. Opening the doors I stepped quietly; I swear I could hear my heartbeat echo around the kitchen.

“Uncle Bernie?”

My whisper floated around me; too quiet for a hunter to hear.

Creeping up the stairs I was surprised to see Bernie’s office door ajar. The smell of blood invaded my senses. Not caring about being quiet any more I slammed the door open; his office was a mess. His desk split into two, the pictures on the wall- what ones were left anyways- smashed. His papers and books flown around and in the middle of the room my uncle Bernie lay motionless.

Dropping to my knees I grabbed him to roll him over; not caring about the puddle of blood. His head rolled to the side; his throat was slit accompanied with a hole in his chest… where his heart should have been.  I just sat there; staring into his now glossy grey eyes.

I was too late.

“To late for him love; not for the others…We need to mourn when it’s safe, not right now”

I tried standing up but my legs wobbled half way up; I could feel his blood dripping down my legs. My hand flew out in front me to grab the chair. Trying to stable myself I took a deep breath. Rosie was right; whoever did this was not a hunter. The only scents I smell are those of the pack. I can’t cry for him right now. Slowly walking out of the room I took one last look at my beloved uncle Bernie – the only family I had left.  I hastily wiped a tear from my cheek and shut his door; I’m going to kill whoever did this.

Creeping along the hallway I could vaguely hear a tap running in a bathroom.

Stopping at one of the spare rooms I quietly opened the door; the on-suit bathroom door was closed.

“Someone is in there”

Rage overtook my rational thinking. Whoever was in there killed my Uncle, I knew it. Walking quickly I slammed my shoulder into the bathroom door; the door smashed into pieces. Jason stood by the sink- washing blood from his hands.

“You traitor!”

The surprise was evident; he did not expect me here. Running up to him I jumped on his back like a spider monkey. My arm went underneath his neck; I moved my face so it was parallel to his ear.

“You killed my uncle; you’re working with hunters! How could you betray your family!?!”

He slammed me into the wall; my back hitting the towel rack. I knew that would hurt later but right now I couldn’t feel anything but rage. I was slowly letting Rosie take over.

I squeezed my chokehold tighter

“This time Jason- you won’t wake up”

“Wa-..snt… M..e”

His gurgled voice only made me squeeze tighter.

His attempts to get me off his neck were starting to become feeble. As his hands slowly stopped scratching at my arm his body wobbled; I jumped off him before he fell. As soon as his body hit the floor I wasted no time. Rolling him over so he was on his back I shifted my hand so I had my deadly paw. My claws glistened with the bathroom light; I straddled Jason then slammed my paw into his chest. Clutching his heart I ripped it out and threw it on the floor.

I was seeing red; standing up I looked down at Jason. The blood started to pool around him; looking over to my hand I watched as his blood dripped from my fingers. I was surprised I didn’t feel guilty. I knew that an eye for an eye was never the answer; but this felt… good.

Walking over to the bathroom door I turned around and spit on his body.

“Not really necessary Love”

I wiped his blood on my now redder then blue shirt. I couldn’t explain it but I felt almost empowered. Looking out the window I watched as 3 trucks pulled into the drive; hunters.

A smile crept onto my face, whipping around I ran downstairs and straight out the front door. The men were startled; but they hid the surprise well. I made eye contact with all 28 of them; until I found Nolan’s.

My head nodded as a greeting

“Nolan, so happy you could make it.”

His eyes traveled down my body.

“Wh-what the fuck? Ho-how? Ar-

I laughed hard at his face. Maybe I was going crazy? There was nothing funny about this, I knew I should be scared… there’s no way I could beat 28 hunters by myself. I was literally standing in nothing but a t-shirt that reached my thigh with my uncle and Jason’s blood all over me. Clearly I’ve snapped.

“You don’t say?”

“Sarcasm doesn’t suit you Rosie”

Looking back at Nolan I took a breath; a smile on my face

“So? What are we going to do Nolan? How do you see this ending?”

I started to walk back and forth along the deck waiting for his reply. His eyes never left mine; I could see the gears working in his head.

“Your alone Eryn, the better question is how do YOU see this ending for yourself?”

Before I could reply I heard the safety being flipped off a rifle. I jumped up off the deck and landed on the brave man’s back. Quickly placing my hands on either side of his face I snapped his neck. He dropped to the ground like a heavy sack of potatoes. I took a running leap back up on the deck; I even surprised myself with my speed.

“I’m done with your little games Nolan.”

His eyes were still looking at the dead hunter on the ground. When he finally registered that I spoke he faced me; he was furious.

“You can’t kill us all little red, not by yourself”

A hand on my back made me whip around. Will and Blake stood there; arms crossed over there chest. I tried to mind link them but it was still static.

“What the fuck Rosie?!”

“How can you link to a pack that no longer exists? The alpha is dead, nobody has stepped up- there is no longer a MidMoon pack.”

That made me sick; Bernie was talking to me when he was murdered… maybe if I wasn’t distracting him he wouldn’t ha-

“Calm your tits Eryn; we have other BIGGER issues to deal with right now.”

I turned back around to face Nolan.

“I’m so fucking tired of looking at your face, let’s get on with this.”

“Relax Eryn; it’s not you I want. Where is the Midmoon pack? Where is the Alpha?”

How could he not know? He should have known by now that Jason killed him.

“Obviously there is no pack Nolan, the alpha is dead; you made sure of that”

It came out more like a snarl; not wasting any more time I ran and jumped; shifting in midair. I landed on top of one of the hunters. I grabbed onto his neck; his warm blood running down my throat. I whipped around jumping on another- and another. I was getting angrier by the second; it was taking to long for them to die; so I decided to rip their heads off.

The crunching from their bones gave me a satisfied feeling. I snapped out of my spree when I heard the snarls. As I turned towards Blake and Will I was surprised to see at least 15 dead bodies surrounding me. My chest was heaving; I could feel drops of blood dripping from my muzzle.

Catching on to what Blake and Will were glaring at I watched as they backed Nolan into a tree. My boys must have taken care of the rest of the hunters- Nolan was the only one that I could see left.

I shifted into my human form; for once I didn’t care about being naked.

“HEY Will, Blake… back off.”

I walked gracefully, I felt like I was floating over the bodies. I could feel the warm blood splatter around my feet. I held Nolan’s gaze; he looked panicked.

“Good, let him run… I love a chase”

Looking at Will then Blake I spoke with a command I didn’t know I had

“He is mine. Take care of the bodies”

Looking back at Nolan I smiled.

“It’s just me and you pretty boy”

His smile caught me off guard. What did he have to smile about?

“I wouldn’t have it any other way babe”

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

517K 10.9K 44
I let a smirk take it's place on my face as I sauntered over towards him. He looked very amused, but I knew what I was doing. "I heard you're a playe...
75.2K 1.5K 85
***COMPLETED*** When we both caught our breath, he pulled me down and kissed me. He let go of my wrist and wrapped his arms around my waist. He opene...
25 0 1
"Did you really start drooling when Haz showed you a picture of me?" Liam's laughing before he can get the whole sentence out, and Zayn throws her he...
803 62 22
"Madison?" I say through my tears. I touch her face. Even though we weren't together, I still loved her. I was planning to ask her out, but I guess t...