In Love With The Game || Core...

By mialuvlyy

"You may think I'm in love with the game, but I'm not. I'm in love with you. " Julia Pederson, is the younger... More

Chapter 1 : My Home
Chapter 2 : Left and Right
Chapter 3 : Ruin Me
Chapter 4 : Worst Things
Chapter 5 : Sibling Love
Chapter 6 : Liberty
Chapter 7 : Deserve
Soundtrack
Chapter 8 : Kiss and Tell
Chapter 9 : Cute
Chapter 10 : Little Sister
Chapter 11 : How Do I Dress For A Date
Chapter 12 : Truly Falling
Chapter 13 : Movie Night
Chapter 14 : Sick
Chapter 15 : Kill Me
Chapter 16 : Family Reunions
Chapter 17 : Use Me
Chapter 18 : Unbelievable
Chapter 19 : You Don't Know
Chapter 20 : How Hurt
Chapter 21 : Fake
Chapter 22 : First Day
Chapter 23 : Dead Meat
Chapter 24 : The Boys
Chapter 25 : Ederson
Chapter 26 : Closer
Chapter 27 : Million Dollar Smile
Chapter 28 : She's Perfect
Chapter 29 : OTP
Chapter 30 : What Did You Do
Chapter 31 : Say Goodbye
Chapter 32 : Danger In A Coffee Shop
Chapter 33 : Make My Day
Chapter 34 : Can't You See
Chapter 35 : The Worst
Chapter 36 : Yelich?
Chapter 37 : Mixed With Hate
Chapter 38 : Elevators
Chapter 39 : Therapy
Chapter 41 : Seager Smooth
Chapter 42 : Prove Yourself
Chapter 43 : I'm In Love With You
Chapter 44 : What You've Done To Me
Chapter 45 : Marriage?
Chapter 46 : Blues
Chapter 47 : Close Strings
Chapter 48: Brother
Chapter 49 : You Just Don't Know
Chapter 50 : Beautiful Death
Chapter 51 : Letting Go
Chapter 52 : Sleeping Beauty
Chapter 53 : There She Goes
Chapter 54 : Stronger Without Him
Chapter 55 : I Lost Her
Chapter 56 : Rethink
Chapter 57 : Back In Time
Chapter 58 : Needed You
Chapter 59 : Changed Woman
Chapter 60 : Last Night
Chapter 61 : The Rock
Chapter 62 : Gas Pedal
Chapter 63 : Sound
Chapter 64 : Not So Loyal Corey
Chapter 65 : Let Me Go
Chapter 66 : Running Back
Chapter 67 : The Party Love Pt. 1
Chapter 68 : The Party Love Pt. 2
Chapter 69 : Mothers and Fathers
Chapter 70 : Gone
Chapter 71 : This Is It

Chapter 40 : Love, Corey

2.2K 71 19
By mialuvlyy

30 votes and 16 comments for next chapter

"Hey Julia you got a package." Jeffrey says knocking on my office door. I nod and stand up to follow him. Jeffrey points to the table and I turn to see roses. Lots of them.

"I'm guessing Corey has a big time crush on you." Jeffrey says chuckling. I blush and make my way to the card on top of one of the roses.

Miss. Julia Pederson,
I would give you the world, but it's too cheap for someone priceless (that's you). The roses are just to tell you that I have two tickets to the opening night game for the LA Kings. I'll pick you up at Clayton's at five.
Love, Corey

I smile and Jeffrey waits for me to explain. "You are in love! I can see it from my office!" Kelly says bursting out of her office. "Woah. Roses, lots of them." Kelly says widening her eyes. Kelly makes her way to me and grabs the card out of my hand.

"You have the feels for Seager!" She says teasing me. "Stop it right now." I say. Kelly smirks and Jeffrey chuckles. "You're in love with the bastard again." Travis says. I turn to him and he smiles. "Good, I like him for you. Even though I feel like tearing his head off sometimes for hurting you." Travis says.

I roll my eyes and they smile at me. "Have fun tonight." Kelly smiles pointing to the card. "I will try my best." I say blushing.

~*~
"Lover boy is here." Ellen says smiling. "Thanks Ellen." I say smiling. Ellen nods and closes the bedroom door.

I grab my purse and phone before walking downstairs. "Hey." Corey says smiling. "Hi." I say smiling. "Are you ready?" He asks. I nod and he stuffs his hands in his pockets. "Um have her back by eleven tonight." Clayton jokes. I roll my eyes and Corey chuckles. "Yes sir." He says.

"You two have fun." Ellen says smiling at us. "I will try my best." I say smiling. Ellen nods and I wave at the couple before leaving with Corey.

"You look beautiful." Corey says admiring my Jonathan Quick jersey and jeans. "This? This is nothing." I say looking down at my outfit. "Really? Because to me you are everything." Corey says smiling. I raise my eyebrows, "No Corey, not me the outfit." I say. "What?" Corey asks confused. "Nothing." I say chuckling. Corey nods and we get inside his car and he drives off.

~*~
When we get to the Staples Center we go straight to a place i've never seen. "Where are we going Corey?" I ask. "Just come on." He says turning around and grabbing my hand. I shake my head and we turn a corner to see about six boys dribbling a soccer ball.

The ball falls and one of the boys groan before stepping out of the circle they formed. "Hey Corey." Jonathan Quick says turning to Corey. "Hey Jonathan, thanks for doing this." Corey says walking over to Jonathan and shaking his hand. "Of course anything for the boys on the Dodgers." Jonathan says smiling. Corey smiles and moves aside for me.

"This is Julia, she's Joc Pederson's younger sister." Corey says. "Nice to meet you, I'm Jonathan Quick." He says placing his hand out for me to shake. I smile, "I know who you are-well that's because you happen to be the best American goaltender in hockey." I say nervously. Jonathan chuckles and Corey laughs.

"She's a big fan of hockey." Corey says. "Oh really now? Why don't you come over here and met some of the other boys." Jonathan says guiding me to the circle where some of the boys are. "Everyone this is Julia, Julia this is everyone." Jonathan says.

They all turn to me and smile. "Nice to meet you and good to see you again." Alec Martinez says shaking Corey's hand. I turn to Corey not believing my eyes. "How the hell do you know all of them?" I whisper. "Julia, they are a Los Angeles professional team, I see them all the time at games or on the news." He says. "That didn't answer my question." I say shaking my head. Corey sighs and I cross my arms waiting. "Kiké is friends with Tyler Toffoli so Kiké and Tyler helped me out." Corey says blushing.

I smile, "How cute. You needed help from Kiké." I say. "Oh be quiet." Corey says laughing. I smile and we return to the boys.

~*~
After the game the Kings won 3-2. We were now on our way to Clayton's house. "Are you sure you don't want to go home?" Corey asks. "No, I have to go to the stadium early tomorrow to ask for my job back." I say. "You're coming back?" Corey asks. "Yes. I don't like it in Anaheim, it's boring." I say. Corey smiles and I shake my head. "Don't think for a second that I moved back just for you." I say.

"I never said that. So clearly you're coming back for me." Corey says pointing out. "Well you're wrong." I say nervously. Corey smiles and I roll my eyes. "Don't make me change my mind." I say. "Okay i'll be quiet." He says quickly. I nod and we finally arrive at Clayton's house.

Day two was finished and now I knew how much he tries to make me happy.

~*~
After getting my job back I now had to get ready for the new road series. We were going to Arizona, Colorado, and Miami.

I was going to go to Clayton's house to pack up my belongings, but my things were already packed and in a luggage so I was already set to go.

I decided to stop by Joc's house to say hi to Justine since I haven't seen her for a long time. So that's where I was. I open the door with my key and walk in.

"Woah, hey Julia." Trayce says surprised. "Hi." I say smiling. "Is Justine here?" I ask. "No, she left yesterday. She's back on tour." He says. "Oh, I thought she would of told me that." I say frowning. Trayce shrugs and I turn to the staircase. "He's here." Trayce says. "I can call him down if you want." He adds. "Yes please." I say. Trayce nods and walks upstairs.

I walk towards the couch and sit down to wait for Corey. I sigh angry at my sister for not telling me goodbye before she went on tour. "Hey what are you doing here?" Corey asks walking down the stairs and slipping on a shirt. "You don't want me here?" I ask raising my eyebrows. "Of course I do." He says. I smile and stand up.

"What happened? Why the frown?" Corey asks before kissing my cheek. "Nothing." I say shaking my head. Corey falls on the coach and taps the space next to him. "You're lying." Corey says.

I sigh and sit down next to him, "My sister, she left without saying goodbye that's all." I say. "Oh Julia there's nothing to be worried about she didn't say goodbye to any of us. The only reason why we know where she is social media. She's behind Ariana Grande dancing." Corey says. "We do all this stuff for her and she just goes and ruin it." I say shaking my head. Corey smiles and takes my hand in his.

"Trust me she'll be coming back." Joc says walking into the living room. "What makes you say that?" I ask. "Are you kidding me? You saved her life plus she needs us to survive off her addiction to alcohol now." Joc says. "She drinks now?" I ask raising my eyebrows. Joc nods and I shake my head in disappointment.

"We should get going." Joc says pointing to his watch. I nod and we all walk out to Joc's car. "Where's your stuff?" Corey asks. "Oh it's at Clayton's house, but he said he'll take it, since he knew I was coming here." I say. Corey nods and we all get into the car.

~*~
When we Arizona we go straight to the hotel. "Julia." Dave says. I turn around and he motions me to walk to him. I do so and he smiles, "Um Danny won't be here due to him being on his honeymoon, so you're in charge." He says patting my shoulder. I nod, "Okay thank you." I say. Dave nods and I jog to catch up with Kiké.

"Hey you." Kiké says smiling. "Hi." I say smiling. "I'm sorry, I have to ask you this. Are you falling back in love with Seager?" He asks. I turn to him and he smirks. "I'm done with all you boys." I say. Kiké smiles and I roll my eyes. "Wow I'm hurt, you won't tell your best friend." Kiké says touching his heart. "You aren't special! I don't even talk to Joc about these things and he's my brother." I say. Kiké smiles and we continue to walk to the bus that takes us to the field.

~*~
We get to the field and begin to have our pep talk. "So we have Miss. Julia Pederson back with us." Dave says. I wave and smile at the boys and they clap. "She will be leading our pep talk today." He says. I widen my eyes not knowing of this, but he motions me to stand up and go to the center of the circle. I do so and he smiles at me before walking over to a chair.

"Um, I wasn't prepared for this, so I'm sorry if this is horrible." I say. They chuckle and I turn around and see Trayce and Clayton smiling at me.

"Well as you guys know Grienke is pitching tonight. Our fellow teammate." I say. They all nod for me to continue. "You guys can't let that go between you and that ball that leaves his grip. Yes he was either a brother or friend to you at least, but that shouldn't effect the way you play." I say.

Corey raises his hand and I turn to him, "Yes Corey?" I ask. "So you're saying that just because we were friends before he left it shouldn't effect the way we play?" Corey asks. "Exactly." I say. "What if we were really good friends?" Corey asks. I raise an eyebrow knowing we weren't on the main topic anymore. "It shouldn't effect the way you play." I say.

Corey nods and I roll my eyes before getting back to the topic. "Also, this game you guys play tonight effect your playoff spot, so you better play as if it was your last game. I know you guys can do it. Always have and always will, but prove it to everyone who thinks you can't." I say. Corey raises his hand and I sigh, "Yes Corey." I say. "So you're saying we actually have a chance?" He asks raising his eyebrow. "Corey, shut up please." I say. Corey smiles and the boys awh at us.

"But seriously we do?" Corey asks. I roll my eyes, "And also, make sure this guy over here, doesn't talk so much, he already talks in his sleep. I think that's enough talking for 24 hours." I say pointing at Corey. The boys all laugh remembering Corey talking about Taylor Swift as he slept on the plane here.

Day three came to an end and now I knew how much he'll try to have me back in his arms. Even if that meant using another topic to talk about his chances of us dating again.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5K 80 26
*・゜゚・*:.。..。.:*・'(*゚▽゚*)'・*:.。. .。.:*・゜゚・* Shohei Ohtani.. who is a famous baseball player. Rosie who is a graduate from USD. Love wasn't on her m...
87.4K 872 28
~~Completed~~ You and best friend go to a Los Angeles Dodgers game and you end up bumping into Number 35. Is it a dream?
120K 1.6K 80
"A strong woman will automatically stop trying if she feels unwanted. She won't fix it or beg, she'll just walk away" Completed October...
15.6K 395 200
Everything took place dodgers stadium game when a group of high school varsity baseball team got invited to see the game stay after for Meet & Greets...