Pink Princess (OLD VERSION)

bubbles5151 द्वारा

|| Highest Rank #21 in Humor || Aubrey Powers is a certified pink-a-holic. Her hair is pink. Her nails are p... अधिक

HI GUYS :)
1 || Pinkan
2 || Life is good when everything is pink
3 || Road trip
4 || Mission Impossible
5 || Pink freak
6 || Chemistry
7 || Lip Virgins
8 || Bonfire Olympics
9 || Carter King must die
10 || Bring it on
11 || Babysitters Club
12 || Dance Dance Revolution
13 || Movies and dolls
14 || A camping we will go
15 || The Game
16 || Awareness Month
17 || Trick or Treat
18 || The blind date
19 || Just admit it
20 || A tragedy
21|| Girls just wanna have fun
23 || Practice makes perfect
24 || The show must go on
25 || Thanksgiving
26 || Secret Santa
27 || Mean girls
28 || Christmas
29 || New Year, New me?
30 || The new girl
31 || One, two, three, cheer!
32 || Valentines Day Pt. 1
33 || Valentines Day Pt. 2
34 || Valentines Day Pt. 3
35 || A boyfriend girlfriend thing
36 || Round one
37 || The fling
38 || April Fools
39 || Spring Breakers
40 || The fight
41 || Birthday Bash
42 || The reason why Carter King was expelled
43 || Cheer Nationals Pt. 1
|| character aesthetics ||
44 || Cheer Nationals Pt. 2
45 || The terrible terrible no good very bad day
46 || Mission Impossible Two: The Sabotage
47 || Ten things I hate about you
48 || A very cliche ending
Epilogue
AN/quiz/& extras :)
|| big news ||
|| male cast ||
|| extras cast ||
|| TRAILER ||
|| fun facts ||
new account
Pink Princess V.2 (not clickbait🤭)
Pink Princess V.2 published!
Ch. 1-3 PUBLISHED

22|| Auditions

2.4K 131 8
bubbles5151 द्वारा

I spent most of Sunday recuperating from my hangover so by Monday I felt mostly fine, besides the dull throb at the back of my head.

However, I was still feeling dead when I walked into the auditorium for our play auditions.

I had no idea what role I was auditioning for. I hadn't memorized lines or anything, and unfortunately Mrs. Faye was requiring everyone  to audition for a role, meaning I couldn't work backstage.

"Maybe I can be a tree?" I asked her hopefully.

"There are no tree roles Aubrey," she laughed.

"But trees are very important!" I protested. "Without trees we wouldn't have oxygen or money or anything and then we'd be all dead!"

She patted my head. "Sorry but no. If you don't want a big role there are plenty of small ones you can audition for." Then she walked off.

I frowned at her retreating figure.

"Welcome to the auditions for Romeo and Juliet!" Mrs. Faye said loudly. We were all scattered in different seats across the auditorium.

"We will be auditioning in alphabetical order. Please know your lines or at least have your script ready."

I felt a tiny bit of relief in knowing I still had some time before my auditions. I quickly scanned the script. Lady Capulet didn't have that many lines. Neither did Lady Montague.

The theater doors slammed open and everyone turned to look. Carter strolled casually inside looking bored.

"So nice of you to make it Mr. King," Mrs. Faye gave him a disapproving look. "Please have a seat. Auditions will be starting momentarily."

He made his way over to me. I was too busy stressing over this to acknowledge the tiny flutter of my stomach.

"Yo," he sat next to me. "How are you feeling?"

"Meh," I shrugged. "I've been better."

I mean I completely and totally embarrassed myself in front of him but YOLO right?

"I studied my lines all night. I'm gonna blow everyone else out of the water," he pulled out his script.

"Can't wait to see that," I mumbled.

"First up," Mrs. Faye announced. "We have Kimberly Chambers auditioning for the role of Juliet."

Kim, as everyone liked to call her, walked up the steps to the stage confidently. She didn't have her script and stood in front of us, her posture straight and her hands clasped behind her back.

"I will be reciting some of Juliet's lines from scene two, the apple orchard," she cleared her throat.

"O Romeo, Romeo! Wherefore art thou Romeo?
Deny thy father and refuse thy name;
Or, if thou wilt not, be but sworn my love,
And I'll no longer be a Capulet."

Her face was twisted with anguished and she stretched her hand out as if she was reaching for someone.

"Tis but thy name that is my enemy;
Thou art thyself, though not a Montague.
What's Montague? it is nor hand, nor foot,
Nor arm, nor face, nor any other part
Belonging to a man. O, be some other name!
What's in a name? that which we call a rose
By any other name would smell as sweet;
So Romeo would, were he not Romeo call'd,
Retain that dear perfection which he owes
Without that title. Romeo, doff thy name,
And for that name which is no part of thee
Take all myself."

The auditorium was silent.

"That was wonderful!" Mrs. Faye stood up. "Truly wonderful. Thank you."

Kimberly bowed and made her way down the stage.

Most of the auditions went the same way, although some of the males auditioning for Tybalt or Romeo auditioned together because they were doing the scene where both characters fought.

"Next up we have Carter King."

I sat up a little straighter in my seat and watched as after walked up to the stage. Some of the girls were whispering and giggling among themselves and I had the strong urge to run over each and every one of them.

"And what will you be reciting?" Mrs. Faye's pen hovered over her clipboard.

"I will be reciting some of Tybalt's lines from act one, scene five."

She quickly scribbled something down then nodded for him to continue.

Carter cleared his throat then suddenly his face became irritated.

"This, by his voice, should be a Montague. Fetch me my rapier, boy.
What, dares the slave
Come hither, covered with an antic face,
To fleer and scorn at our solemnity?
Now, by the stock and honor of my kin,
To strike him dead I hold it not a sin.
Uncle, this is a Montague, our foe,
A villain that is hither come in spite
To scorn at our solemnity this night. 'Tis he, that villain Romeo."

I was speechless. Carter could really act. The farther he got into his lines the angrier he became. I glanced around when he was finished. Most students mouths were open and their eyes wide.

"That was..." Mrs. Faye floundered. "That was spectacular!" She clapped. "Marvelous!"

Carter bowed and came back to so sit next to me.

"Show off," I muttered.

"What was that?" He leaned toward me. "What's that thing you like to say? You mad or nah?"

I rolled my eyes.

When it was my turn I took my script up to the stage. The lights were bright and shining in my face causing me to squint.

I had concluded that Lady Montague had the least to say, with a total of three lines. As an added bonus, no one had auditioned for her part.

"Whenever you're ready," Mrs. Faye encouraged me.

"I will be reciting Lady Montague's lines from act one, scene one," I cleared my throat and conjured my wisest sounding voice.

"Thou shalt not stir one foot to seek a foe."

I was hoping that would be the end of that but Mrs. Faye motioned me to continue. I sighed and changed my voice to slightly distressed.

"Oh, where is Romeo? Saw you him today? Right glad I am he was not at this fray."

"Thank you," Mrs. Faye smiled at me. I quickly hurried down from the stage.

"Alright my young actors and actresses," she swept her arms out. "Results will be posted outside the doors by Friday morning. Thank you all for auditioning."

"Like we had a choice," I grumbled.

🎭🎭🎭

On Friday morning everyone rushed to see what part they had gotten.

"I got Juliet!" Kimberly squealed.

She was telling everyone who would listen in a ten mile radius. I pushed my way through the crowd to see the list.

Lady Montague - Aubrey Powers

"Yay," I said half heartedly to myself. An arm slung around my shoulder.

"Guess who's Tybalt?" Carter grinned.

"Let me guess?" I tapped my chin. "You?"

"Of course. Who else?"

"Still as arrogant as ever I see."

"You know you like it," he teased flicking my nose. He turned and sauntered off while I stood there trying to calm my racing heart.

Hi guys! How are you?

Haven't been doing QOTD's lately and that's bad because it's my way to get to know you guys! So here's one:

QOTD: if you could travel anywhere in the world for free where would you go?

I would go to Paris because I've dreamed of living there since I was little and I just love the culture. Except for the snail  eating. I don't like that.

Vote
Comment💬
Share 👥

Stay pink 🎀

पढ़ना जारी रखें

आपको ये भी पसंदे आएँगी

My Mother, The Counselor Haz Lawrie द्वारा

किशोर उपन्यास

1.1K 25 23
Blonde haired, brown eyed, artsy, sporty, most popular girl in school Mia Moore is living the High School dream. While involved in every aspect of he...
1.3K 355 13
Jace 'Go Away' Parker, purely standoffish with a pierced brow and cold grey eyes is packing his bags to leave and for some rare occasion, it wasn't b...
The Boy ✔️ lyssa_235 द्वारा

किशोर उपन्यास

3.5K 147 37
"Would you like to dance?" the boy asks me. I stare deep into his blue eyes, but I can't figure out who he is. He's tall with dark hair and the brigh...
21.2K 522 39
As a small girl, she hoped for a prince to come and save her. But growing up she realized no one will save her and that she must save herself. Now; d...