Tempted (#Wattys2015)

By LostxInxStereo

Bella Knowle is almost through her last year of high school. She's a straight A student, loves music, and has... More

Tempted:00:
Tempted:01:
Tempted:02:
Tempted:03:
Tempted:04:
Tempted:05:
Tempted:06:
Tempted:07:
Tempted:08:
Tempted:09:
Tempted:10:
Tempted:11:
Tempted:12:
Tempted:13:
Tempted:14:
Tempted:15:
Tempted:16:
Tempted:17:
Tempted:18;
Tempted:19:
Tempted:20:
Tempted:21:
Tempted:22:
Tempted:23:
Tempted:24:
Tempted:25:
Tempted:26:
Tempted:27:
Tempted:28:
Tempted:29:
Tempted:30:
Tempted:31:
Tempted:32:
Tempted:33:
Tempted:34:
Tempted:35:
Tempted:36:
Tempted:37:
Tempted:38:
Tempted:39:
Tempted:40:
Tempted:42:
Tempted:43:
Tempted:44:
Tempted:45:
Tempted:46:
Tempted:47:
Tempted:48:
Tempted:49:
Tempted:50:
Tempted:51:
Tempted:52:
Tempted:53:
Tempted:54:
Tempted:55:
Tempted:56:
Tempted:57:
Tempted:58:
Tempted:59:
Tempted:60:
Tempted:61:
Tempted:62:
Tempted:63:
Tempted:64:
Tempted:65:
Tempted:66:
Tempted:67:
Tempted:68:
Tempted:69:
Tempted:70:
Tempted:71:
Tempted:72:
Tempted:73:
Tempted:74:
Tempted:75:
Tempted Sequel: Tragedy

Tempted:41:

15K 226 41
By LostxInxStereo

*Bella*

9:14 AM

"Wake up." I kissed Justin's cheeks, hovering over him slightly as he stirred.

"Bella..."

"Please? Wake up. No more sleeping. I don't care if it's Saturday. I'm dragging your butt up and we're going out."

"Demanding...I like it."

"Shut up!" I picked up my pillow, hitting him lightly with it, only to get a glare shot at me with my hands snatched up from his sides, basically causing me to fall on top of him. "Good morning to you too."

"Oh please, are you complaining when you woke me up?"

"I kissed you awake! I just won't do that anymore."

"No," He whined, shaking his head. "I like it. I'm joking. We can go out and do whatever you want."

I realized then that he actually thought I was mad- and I wasn't.

"Justin...are you ok?"

"What? Yeah, I'm fine- but I'm serious. Let's go out. Whatever you want."

"Do you want to eat breakfast here, or out?" I asked, tracing over his jawline with my finger.

"I can make us breakfast if you want. I like that."

"Will I be allowed to help?" I leaned down closer, smiling as I tucked my hair back and fully let myself straddle him, kissing his cheek again.

"How can I say no to that?"

"Yay." I whispered against his lips, caressing his cheeks in my palms while kissing him tenderly, feeling his hands slide under the shirt I was wearing of his to my hips. "I got stuff at the grocery store this week after school. That's the only time I use my car. Do you know how terrible the traffic is here?"

"Yes, I drive myself here."

"Oh, yeah." I giggled, running my hands down to his chest.

"Are we going to get up, or are we just going to lay here all day?"

"Such a dilemma - but we're going out - to see the city."

"Bella...if this is because of you going out with Trent it's ok-"

"No, I want to go out with you. I want to spend time with you - outside of this apartment."

"Ok, then I'll make us some breakfast."

"So I have to get up." I teased, standing myself up and stretched, walking over the coffee pot.

"You look better in my clothes than I do." He smirked, crawling out of bed like I had, his arms folding behind his back as he stretched.

"You're welcome." With an eye roll, I started the usual lot of coffee, feeling his arms slide around my waist.

"I love you." Justin let out a chuckle, pecking my cheek.

"I love you too."

"I was thinking, after we go out today and stuff, maybe later we could go out and see a movie? We haven't done that in a while."

"Sure, I'd love that." I turned my head, smiling up at him.

"Good, it's a date. Now, would you like your eggs scrambled?"

"Yes please."

"Ok." His lips pressed into my temple for a quick second before he let go and headed over to the fridge, pulling out the eggs.

Today would be good. I'd make sure it was.

________________________

*Justin*

2:17 PM

"It is getting cooler here." I mumbled, keeping an arm around Bella's shoulders to hold her close to my side.

"Yeah, I know. It keeps fluctuating. I usually just bring a little sweater with me or something to school."

"I can't believe you walk everyday."

"I've literally lost four pounds from walking." She laughed, but I didn't, I looked at her, raising an eyebrow. "What?"

"You're not trying to lose weight, are you?"

"No, not really. Why?"

"Because you're perfect and there is no reason for you to lose weight."

"You have to say that. You're my boyfriend."

"That doesn't mean it's not true."

"Well thanks." She smiled a little, tilting up her head to look at me.

"Of course."

"Look, there it is!" Her smile immediately brightened and she grabbed my hand from its place on her shoulder, pulling me behind her. "I've always wanted to see this. I've never gotten to this side of the city."

"Really, not even with-"

"No." She shook her head, looking down at the memorial. "Not with him."

"Sorry."

"It's fine."

She should be mad at me. She should be mad at me for so many reasons, especially for yelling at her the way I did yesterday, when we all really know that I was just being a jealous douche bag.

I lied to her. I've been lying to her...I have no reason to be like this to her. I know she loves me, and I love her. I love her so much, and I should be able to tell her...to stop all the crap behind her back for her. I know she's probably doing nothing here. She's prrobably doing the usual here - reading, writing her music...my Bella.

I tugged her forward, cupping her face and crushed my lips on hers, laughing as she squealed - and there she was, kissing me back the way she always did.

I didn't know that would make me feel worse.

"What was that for?" She asked, raising an eyebrow while biting down on her lip.

"I just wanted to kiss you."

"I like it." Her laughter filled the air, and there she was on her tiptoes again, her hands rested at the top of my chest while I cupped her cheeks, managing to tuck her hair back along the way.

When I pulled back, I reached in my pocket, pulling out a coin and placed it in her hand.

"You better make a wish, and don't say you have everything. Make a wish."

"Alright." Playfully rolling her eyes, she turned so her back was to the fountain, tossing the coin over her back into the fountain. "There, I did it."

"What'd you wish for?"

"You think I'm going to tell you?"

"Why not?"

"Because it's a secret. You're turn. And don't say you have everything."

"Funny." I took my turn to roll my eyes, closing my eyes, trying not to associate the fact that Bella was watching me while I did this.

I knew what I was wishing for.

I wish my mom would be ok and the cancer would be completely gone.

I peeked an eye open, meeting Bella's gaze from beside me.

"Well?"

"If you're not telling me I'm not telling you." I stuck out my tongue, hooking an arm around her waist and took a step. "You want to walk around and look at it, right?"

"Yeah, if you want."

"Of course."

Anything to make her happy and to take my mind off the things I had done.

______________________________________________

*Bella*

9:17 PM

"I think I remember why we kind of stopped going to movies." I whispered in the dark by Justin's ear, feeling his hands moving along my sides while his lips reconnected with mine.

"Why? Because we end up making out the whole time?" He mumbled back, giving me a tug closer.

"Basically."

"Are you complaining princess?"

"Not at all." I giggled back, shaking my head when I leaned back into him, holding gently to his neck.

It reminded me of when we first started dating. I remember when we went out for coffee and it was an IOU for taking him home, and somehow it turned into a date. He gave me his jacket because I was cold...and I held his hand.

I had no idea back then that he'd be here with me now...my best friend...here with me in my favorite place.

"You're so pretty."

"You always do that when I'm not expecting it so I blush." I whined quietly, hiding my face in his neck.

"I love that."

'I was just thinking about our first date." I said in his ear, finding his hand on my hip.

"Really?"

"Mhm, when you were still badass."

"What are you trying to say?" I saw him frown in the dark, but then a smirk curled on his lips, winking at me before he closed most of the distance between us.

"That I like knowing the soft side of my Justin."

"Soft side? Me?"

"Yes you, stop it." I rolled my eyes, locking my lips with his again, sliding my arms up and around his neck.

The theatre was basically empty, and we were a good ways away from the people in here.

But I wasn't giving him anything besides this tonight. He got quite enough yesterday, and I wasn't going to have it be sex every weekend before he left- not that I thought he was thinking that way...I don't know.

When it was over, he took my hand, leading me out of the building back onto sidewalk.

I liked walking home. It was too much of a hassle to drive, and we had a decent walk ahead of us...

"So...nice movie." Justin chuckled, letting go of my hand and put his arm around me, gently kissing my temple.

"Just like we used too."

"Do you have a lot of homework?"

"I'll do it tomorrow after you leave. It's not a big deal. I have to finish this piece of music too."

"You're writing? For class?"

"Well yeah, that's what the class is on."

"Oh, right...can I hear it?"

"It's not finished..." I smiled, looking up at him at a cross walk.

"So? I could just hear what you have, or you could play me something else. I haven't heard you sing in a while."

"It's a rare occasion that I hear you sing."

"Fine, I'll sing for you if you sing for me."

"Really?" That made me smile, just the thought of him singing again...

"Yes, I'll even sing first. I'll play too."

"I've never heard you play piano before."

"There's a first time for everything." He grinned, kissing my temple again.

I was so eager to get home...I hadn't really been this excited about music since...I don't know when, and it seemed like a miracle that he even wanted to play for me.

________________________________________

*Justin*

Monday:

2:43 PM

My phone buzzed on the table in front of me and I raised an eyebrow, picking it up to see Hunter's name on the screen.

It felt like forever since I had actually talked to him.

"Hey, what's up?" I asked him, leaning back again.

"Good, you're not in school...do you want to come out and toss a basketball around for a while? I have to talk to you and Mike."

"Yeah, sure." I flew up, walking quickly to my room to change. "Now?"

"Yeah, why not? Like old times."

"Hey, I'm sorry we haven't talked lately, I just-"

"I know, your mom, Bella, school...it's ok. I understand."

"We can come back to my house after and order pizza?"

"Sure, that sounds awesome."

"Ok, good. I'll be down in a few minutes."

"You better be."

"I will! Don't get your granny panties in a twist." I chuckled, then hung up before he could say more, changing into basektball shorts and left on my white shirt before grabbing my phone and keys to head out the door.

I actually walked quickly out through the hall and down the stairs.

It had been weeks - maybe a couple of months since I had gotten to play basketball with them, let alone see them, with everything with my mom, and then visiting Bella most weekends...I just had been busy.

"Oh Michael!" I sang songed, pushing open the gate and came up behind him, messing up his hair.

"God Justin! What have I told you about my hair?!"

"Yeah, I missed you too, lovebug." I wrinkled my nose, making him laugh just in time for me to knock the ball out of his hands and shoot a basket.

"Show off."

I turned my head, looking back at Hunter and grinned, crossing my arms over my chest.

"You're just jealous because you can't make a shot like that."

"Oh please, I don't have to." He grinned, then it faded slightly, looking at Mike and I.

"What's up? You said you had to talk to us." Raising my eyebrow, I shoved my hands in my pockets, ignoring the ball that was bouncing from my shot, slowly stopping.

"It's not that important. It can wait."

"If it's not that important, then you could just tell us now." Mike chimed in, standing beside me.

"Fine," Hunter mumbled, starting to pace, one hand lifted to the back of his neck. "I've been thinking for a while, about what I want to do with my life...Justin, you have an idea...you have Bella, and even if you don't know it yet, we all know you guys are joined at the hip and will end up getting married with kids and all that good stuff...Mike, you're incredibly happy with Jackie and that's all going to work out too...Grace...I had Grace...no one is ever going to replace her. I'm 22 years old and I have no idea what I'm doing my life - not since I left Manny's. I thought I was going to be stuck in that shit hole for forever...but then a miracle happened...I know I can't stay here. I think too much of Grace, or the bad things I've done...so after thinking for a while and looking into it...I think I'm going to enlist to go into the army. I'm really good at that - fighting for a purpose. I want to do good in the world...I want to give Grace a reason to be proud of me...and you guys of course. With this I can leave for a while, then come back and see you..."

"You're going to what?!" I blurted, my arms falling from where they were folded. "Leave? You can't leave. Yeah I get that this reminds you of Grace and the terrible things Manny did...but this is your home. You'll find someone- she wants you to-"

"I don't want anyone else Justin-"

"You can't let yourself be miserable without her. You think going into the army is going to help that?"

"I don't know," He shrugged, his hands in his pockets like mine. "But I'm willing to try it. I think I'd really enjoy it...knowing I'm doing something good, and yet I'm still getting into the action like I used to."

"You've already made up your mind, haven't you?" Mike asked beside me, pulling Hunter and I's attention over to him.

"Yeah, I have. I knew coming into this you guys would try to make me change my mind."

"Of course we fucking would!" I belowed, feeling myself slightly glare into Hunter's eyes. "You could die out there!"

"I know. I'm willing to risk that. I've killed many people, if I died out there, I died doing something good...I'd be with Grace."

"That's your plan, isn't it? To go out there at the front of the lines so you can be with Grace!"

"Of course not Justin!" He was finally angry with me back, standing in front of my face. "This is for me! I want to do this! If I wanted to kill myself I would have done it already!"

"Both of you, calm down." Mike stepped in between us, pushing us apart. "Just take a minute and breathe. There's no changing his mind. It's his decision. You know if you chose to do something similar he'd support you."

"It's not that I'm not supporting him.." I mumbled, turning around and pulled at the end of my hands. "Don't you get it? When I needed somebody that night when I was bloody and beaten up - when I got kicked out of my house - you were there for me. You're my brother. How am I supposed to just be happy about you leaving when there is a possibility you won't come back?"

"I will. I'm going to be fine. That's such a rare thing, and I'll have proper training. I'm enlisting for two years, and if I like it I'll keep going, if not, I'll stop and figure out something else after the two years..."

"When are you going to enlist?"

"Tomorrow. I'll go in and do some of the things necessary, then I'll start basic training. That won't be for a few weeks though."

"Will you be gone for Christmas?"

"Yeah, probably." He nodded, looking down at his shoes. "Do you think you guys could keep an eye on my mom for me so she stays sane?"

"Yeah," We both nodded. looking at each other.

"Thanks...now can we play some basketball?"

"Yes, let's play some basketball." Mike nodded, picking up the ball and threw it over to Hunter.

I was still frozen where I had been before, trying to process everything still...

He can't leave...but obviously it was too late to change his mind...and if it was me he would be supporting me...God this sucks...

Odds are I'd call Bella when I got home...

______________________

*Bella*

8:39 PM

"Thank you, thank you so much." I hung up the phone, squealing to myself and jumped in a little circle before finding Justin in my phone and calling him.

"Hey...I was just about to call you..."

"Guess what?" I was squealing again- but I couldn't help it. "So my professor today came up to me - she's one of the people that came to scout me when I had applied - and there is this really big club in the city that looks for artists to perform every Friday. She gave me the address and I went today and talked to the owner and gave them some of the things I had recorded at school. They just called me and I got it! It'll be my first gig."

"Really? That's great Bella. You said a Friday?"

"Mhm, I forget the date exactly, but he's going to email me or something."

"Well you know I'll be there. You'll be amazing."

"Thank you. I told you first." I giggled, falling back on my bed and looked up at the ceiling. "How was your day?"

"Nothing compared to that. I got assigned this project for my cooking class, so I have to create a dish for that...which I'm actually pretty excited about...but besides that nothing exciting."

"I'd be more than happy to try out that dish..."

"Once I figure it out, I'll make it for you one night and we can have dinner, sound good?"

"Yeah, that's sounds perfect. I'll give you an A plus."

"Oh, wouldn't you just be the perfect teacher?"

"Me? A teacher? I think that's you. I think you've taught me quite a few things."

"Hmmm...I like where this is going."

"Maybe I should stop then."

"There is nothing wrong with letting go of innocent Bella for a few minutes..."

"Ok, I'm blushing, stop it." I giggled nervously, biting down on my lip.

"Oh come on, you stop it. I know you're not all innocent - I mean most of the time you are."

"I'm offended." I held my hand to my chest, tucking a strand of hair behind my ear. "I am not innocent all the time. Now who's fault is that?"

"Mine. And I say that proudly."

"You should say that proudly...considering a few things."

"What few things Bella?" There he was chuckling again, but I heard the cockiness in his voice, the eagerness to listen to what I had to say.

"No." I shook my head, biting my lip again. "You already know what I mean."

"Then why not say it?"

"Because I don't."

"It looks like I still have some work to do..."

"Maybe you do..."

"We'll start Friday."

"Oh my god." I mumbled, covering my eyes with my hand.

"Yeah, I know. I've heard that before."

"Justin!"

"You're so cute."

"Shut up."

"Now you know how I feel..."

"Oh stop you actually are cute."

"Fine, yes I'm cute." The tone in his voice suddenly changed, leaving me quiet.

"Sorry..."

"No, don't be sorry. That was me. I meant what I said, it just came out a little harsh."

"Are you ok?"

"No, not really."

"What's wrong?" I sat up, my heart beating a little faster. "Is your mom ok?"

"Yeah, she's alright. I talked to Dad earlier. I saw Mike and Hunter today."

"Oh god. Is it Manny? I had almost forgot all about that- he's coming back isn't he? He's going to-"]

"Shhh, no Bella. Manny hasn't shown up at all here. Hunter just kinda sprawled on the news that he's going to go into the army...he's going to enlist tomorrow. It's going to be weird with him gone."

"I can really see him in the army though...I'm sorry. Are you ok?"

"I think so. Mike and I tried to convince him to stay, but his mind was already made up. He's leaving."

"I'm sorry Justin. He'll be ok though. He's going to love being out there with the different guns and meeting all the new people."

"He said home reminded him too much of Grace and all of the things with Manny."

"I see where that's coming from," I sighed, running my hand through my hair. "Ever since I've been here I haven't really thought of Manny."

"I mean I'm still here and neither have I, but maybe that just because of everything I have going on."

"You know everything happens for a reason, and eventually things will be ok. this could be a really good thing for him."

"Yeah, I know."

"He loves you you know, and I love you too."

"I love you too."

"That sounds a little weird..hearing 'I love you too." I rolled onmy side, looking at the pictures I had started to hang on the wall.

"Yeah, it does, doesn't it? You know, I don't have to go to school tomorrow, HA."

"I'm not getting up until 8 something anyway. My first class is at 9:50."

"So what you're telling me is that you can stay up later tonight?"

"Yes, I can." I nodded, my cheeks starting to ache from smiling.

"Then hold on. I'd rather FaceTime you and see your beautiful face with your voice instead of just your voice."

"Alright..."

I liked this...being able to talk for a long time with him into the night. It's almost as if it made up for all the lost time we had since I didn't see him every day anymore.

_______________________________

I'M SORRY IT TOOK SO LONG FOR ME TO UPDATE. I WORKED ALL WEEKEND AND IM SO SORE LIKE IT WAS JUST SERVING PEOPLE TEA AND WASHING A RIDICULOUS AMOUNT OF DISHES BUT IT HURTS SO BAD.

AND HUNTER'S GOING INTO THE MILITARY...WHAT DO YOU ALL THINK?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

517K 14.8K 33
A well grounded college freshman convinces her overly protective parents to let her move out of state for school. Amongst her first day she runs into...
157K 3.2K 34
Meet Raven Night. She's 17. At school, she gets bullied because she's a "nerd". No one knows her past and she tends to keep it that way. During the d...
673 28 7
"The moment I laid my eyes on you, I knew that you weren't her real daughter, a real daughter wouldn't have five fingers print on a face caused by a...
1.8K 392 43
The famous singer/songwriter, Elena Matthews, is forced to take a one year leave from her career when her sister's previous school shuts down. Her si...