The Prince's Escape

yerd213 tarafından

Once we are alone, he turns to me, "We need to work on your acting skills. How can a commoner be such a blood... Daha Fazla

Coming Soon
Chapter 1 || I'm The Bloody Prince
Chapter 2 || Now, You've Done It
Chapter 3 || Take Care Of Ashes
Chapter 4 || Over My Dead Body
Chapter 5 || Being, So Difficult
Chapter 6 || Into Darkness
Chapter 8 || Share Your Weight
Chapter 9|| Longing To Be Held
Chapter 10|| The Moon And The Night
Chapter 11 || You Alone Can Help
Chapter 12 || The Ability To Sleep Anywhere
Chapter 13 || I'm A Woman
Chapter 14 || Embers of A Fiery Light
Chapter 15 || Dragged By the Hounds of Hell
Chapter 16|| We Are With You
Chapter 17 || Is Ember Cold
Chapter 18 || Nasty Right-Hook
Chapter 19 || Alone In This World
Chapter 20 || This Is Not The End
Chapter 21 || Just Don't Die
Chapter 22 || Shut My Brain Off
Chapter 23 || I Need Him Safe
Chapter 24|| Overnight Destruction
Chapter 25 || Don't Cry Little Spark
Chapter 26|| No Longer A Prince
Chapter 27 || Mother Is Waiting
Chapter 28 || Swift To Be Kind
Chapter 29 || Fear & Desperation
Chapter 30 || Medically Dangerous
Chapter 31 || You Are No Princess

Chapter 7 || Your Royal Garments

5K 206 17
yerd213 tarafından

< - - - - - - - E m b e r - - - - - - - > 

"You are not going to die," I practically yell at him after, I heard his faint declaration. God, you are not to take this stupid man today, I demand silently, before taking the cure out of my pocket. "Davis, water, now!" I order, and unlike before he does as I say without hesitation. In no time, he hands me a cup. I place the healing herbs inside and mix it, before leaning towards Luca's still form. He doesn't seem to be conscious any longer as I heave his matted head up, and lifting the concoction to his still lips. I propped open his mouth, again, and began pouring the liquid, but he wasn't swallowing. Oh no. I try not to let the fear prevent me from working. "Davis," I call and he comes to my side immediately. "Pinch his nose closed," I instruct, but it seems as though any trust ran out.

"What! No, surely he will die! He can't breathe," he argues, but Luca has no time for this. 

I turn on him and shot him daggers as I scream, "I am trying to save him, you idiot! Now, do it!" He finally did as I said, and we wait a moment until finally Luca coughs on the liquid and it was free to go down his thought. I smile and sigh in sweet relief. "He won't wake up for another hour or so," I say as emotionless as I can. After that, I didn't trust myself to not break down. I was wired and shaky. I have never taken a life before, and Luca was on the break any second later and I think I would have lost him for sure.

"Ember," Davis calls coming closer to me. He hands shaking and his voice seems weary. "I apologize for questioning you. I should have known you wouldn't let him die," he smiled weakly.

I think about what he said for a moment, before asking, "Do I truly look like a killer?"

He simply shook his head, no. "But Luca," he began looking fondly at the man lying under the satin, now breathing steadily. "He can have that effect on people," Davis chuckles lightly, taking a seat in the elegant chair and propping his worn boots on the matching table. 

Despite the events, a giggle escapes my lips, "That he does. How can you stand it?" Surely, he must get frustrated with our prince. He takes orders from him every day!

He laughed loudly and unabashedly, and I see why Luca keeps Davis in his company. "He's not a bad person, really. He cares about everything too much actually. Sometimes I think it will be his biggest downfall." He says the last part more to himself and there is sadness behind it. Davis looks over at me again with an easy smile now on his face, and adds, "He is a royal though and that is bound to show itself somewhere. In Luca's case, it is his pratty moments every now and then. But he will be a great King one day. Don't tell him I said that," he chuckles. 

"You don't have to worry. I probably won't be seeing much of Prince Luca after this ordeal, but I definitely see half of what you said. He can really be a prat," I reply, taking a seat in the chair beside him. It was surprising how soft the seat was. I nearly moaned as it molded perfectly to my body.

Davis must have seen my face, for he grinned, "Yeah, these chairs have that effect on people." I snort in response. Davis is an easy going person. I always just saw him as Luca's shadow, but he is more than that. I see that now. They are friends. Is the prince friends with his servant? Perhaps there is more to him than I thought.

"How did you become a server to the Prince?" I ask suddenly curious.

"Simple, I hated him, and one day I was in the right place at the right time and I saved his life. His father said I was a good protector and dubbed me this position. Don't go reminding the King that. In his eyes I am still the scum that is too be silent, and unseen," he huffed. "How did you become a physician?" he added.

"A series of unfortunate events that had a happy ending," I smiled.

"Awe, so neither of us will divulge the real stories I see," he mused. "Perhaps, one day," he sighed before his features grew serious again. "How long until he is to wake?"

"Not for a little while," I determine.

"Then, I'm going to rest my eyes. Wake me if you need anything." Davis adds, before leaning back to get more comfortable. Soon enough he's asleep. He seems so peaceful, and I imagine myself doing the same, but I can't. I'm far too on edge, even with this chair beneath me. What if I did actually kill him? I don't like him, but that doesn't mean I want to be a murder. After an hour, he finally stirred, and I practically leaped from the chair.

"Luca?" I whispered, but there was nothing, so again I waited. Only minutes later, his eyes fluttered open. "Oh thank God!" I exclaimed, startling Davis, who wakes up in a frenzy and falls off the chair. Luca blinks a few times before, looking around. Oh no! I've destroyed his brain! he was under for too long!  "Prince Luca?" I call, softly trying to see any form of awareness. "Are you okay?" I finally ask.

He lets out a small sigh before his blue eyes meet mine, "Besides the stable girl, who nearly killed me, in my face, and the bounding in my head, I'm just peachy. Now, can we get on with this plan, or would you like to finish the job?" He mocks and I want to push him. Instantly, any good thought of him vanishes.  

"Agh, you stupid prince!" I fumed. "I told you it was dangerous! You knew what you were getting into! How dare you, accuse me?"

"Uh," he grimaces at the sound, and all it does is irritates me more. "Will you shut it," he groans. 

"I guess you're just fine then. Davis, will you help his royal prat out of his bed. He may still have some slight paralysis," I tell them, walking away to retrieve my things, and leave before I am forced to look at his face another moment. 

"Wait, still?" Luca asks but he must have figured it out, once he tried to move, for he yelled at Davis to hurry up. "How long will this last?" Luca is leaning on to Davis as he uses his strength in his arms to maneuver his legs. 

I simply shrug not really knowing, it's different for everyone. "Davis, did you bring a set of clothes for him to wear?" I question, to which Davis nods. He helps Luca get to the post of the bed so that he can lean heavily against it, before running over to another table that housed a pile of clothing. 

Davis smiles brightly at Luca, before saying, "Your royal garments." I couldn't help the laugh that escaped my lips at seeing Davis's display. He must have been waiting to do that. Luca simply rolled his eyes, but then his eyes gaze locked on mine.

"Are you simply going to stand there, while I change, Ember?" He challenged, but my eyes went wide, and I turned facing the door. I can practically hear his smirk from where I stood. Smug arrogant egotistical man. After a few minutes, Luca calls, "Alright, your innocent eyes are safe another day." I know my cheeks are bright red, but I turn anyway, keeping my head high.

Luca was wearing an off-white, linen shirt that billowed at the sleeves as many of the men around the market would dawn, a brown pair of trews, and a pair of Davis boots. He didn't look like a prince, but he certainly didn't appear as a common servant. Although, I don't think anything could wipe away the arrogance of royalty. It's his overall looks that make it hard for him to be seen as common in general. Still, I walk up to the window, stick my hand out, and swipe some of the castle walls. Sure enough, there was just a bit of dirt on the pads of my fingertips. Perfect. Without hesitation, I walk straight up to Luca and wipe the dirt down his face. His expression shifted instantly to a look of shock. 

"Ugh, you vile girl," he stated, beginning to rub off the little dirt, but I stop his arm easily. Seeing as he could lose his balance and land on his arse if he put up too much of a fight. 

"Well, now you look the part, but you'll have to learn to close your mouth. Careful, Princey, your arrogance is showing," I winked, before heading back to the door. "Oh, and Davis, hand him your coat. Then, we are ready to go," I finish before leaving the room. Another second with this man and surely I will go mad.  Of course, he takes ages to finally come out of his room.

< - - - - - - - >

Hey, fellow Bookworms!

What do you guys think of Prince Luca and Ember's relationship? How do you feel about Davis? So, I really hope you liked the chapter. I have revised the storyline, so it is more coherent with the chapters later in the book.

|| Picture || The image is of Davis (Andrew Garfield)during the serious time with Ember.

|| Music || Yellow Lines by Brendan James...I'm not sure this song really fits, but it was one of my favorites while writing this chapter.

★ I would love to hear your thoughts feel free to drop a comment below. If you did enjoy the chapter, be to make my day and click that star! Thank you for reading! ★

You are loved!

Love,

Yerd213

Okumaya devam et

Bunları da Beğeneceksin

393K 15.7K 32
I glare at him, yanking at the bonds. He laughs softly. "Oh princess, you're so delicate. Do not struggle, we wouldn't want you to break, would we?"...
282K 8.1K 18
The blade of my hidden knife stops just a few centimetres from the prince's warm skin of his neck. He lays there, eyes closed and rhythmic breathing...
2.8K 102 33
I was born into the royal family, raised as a princess and I always had to remember to act like one. My best friend Eric was always their for me and...
866K 32.8K 67
"Nobody is allowed between these pretty little thighs but me....and if anyone tries...𝐈'𝐥𝐥 𝐤𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐦." ~ The leader of the most notorious...