Fledged

By RaineSummers

"There was not a thing in the world that could keep Emmeline Pyne from living her dream." Emmeline Pyne is a... More

Copyright
Chapter One: Plots and Plans
Chapter Two: The Skybound
Chapter Three: Maxwell Makes Friends
Chapter Four: Thinking and Talking Far Too Much
Chapter Five: Destiny and a Lamppost
Chapter Six: The Training Grounds
Chapter Seven: Tests
Chapter Eight: Signatures, Goodbyes, and Hellos
Chapter Nine: Emmeline in Trouble

Prologue...

142 5 4
By RaineSummers

           It had all started when she was young. Going out to see the world had always been her dream. Imagining the clouds and stars at her fingertips, waiting for her to grasp them in her hands…it was maddening.

            Some nights, the heavens seemed so close, the stars just a smattering of glittering thread sewn into the soft velvet of the midnight sky. The clouds hugged the crowns of the tallest buildings of Bridges, and the rooftops cradled the sky in return.

            But other days, the atmosphere was so untouchable, unreachable by mere human means. The clouds cleared to offer a narrow blue sky, so open and daunting and empty.

            And those were the days Emmeline feared.

            So, Emmeline swore something to herself, something she would never tell another human being. She wrote it down and sealed the paper with a burgundy seal, a gesture of promise and finality she would never mention to anyone. And she hadn’t .

            That was when her life turned sideways.

~~~~

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

44 1 28
The child population is at an all time low because of the increases of deadly diseases. Gangs start to rise up to use boys and girls for their own pe...
177 76 32
Maxine is an 18-year-old girl who is bored and lonely, living in California in the year 2351. She's always been fascinated with how humans used to li...
5.8K 179 54
Clara is thankful for the job she has on the Llewelyn family manor airship, and doesn't want to do anything to jeopardize that. But when her mistress...
266 13 24
Elyse doesn't want to face her past. All she wants is to reach the Isthmus of the Sky. But when her trusty airship crashes and her crew of three beco...