The Lost: Book Two of The Whi...

By LittleCinnamon

'Whitechapel. The East End of London. Streets of tawdry degradation and grisly dark crimes of unlimited horro... More

The Lost: Book Two of The Whitechapel Chronicles
AUTHOR'S NOTE: Whitechapel Continued......
Part One: Behind The Skull Bone
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Part Two: Cameras Inside The Coffin
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Part Three: To Rule A Wasteland
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Epilogue
Savage Wings: Book Three of The Whitechapel Chronicles now on Wattpad!

Prologue

40.5K 1.5K 97
By LittleCinnamon

Vampires should never be afraid of the dark.

After all, we live for the dark, hiding all day in our secret lairs where the sunlight cannot touch our skin. As the daylight diminishes, handing its dazzling gauntlet over to the night, we awaken, instinctively searching out the shadows and wrapping ourselves in their protective black shroud.

But sometimes, there is much to fear in the dark. And it is only when you feel it pressing in on you, smothering your body with its slick hands and feel its breath on your neck, do you realise that even vampires are not safe from its deathly embrace.

Oh, you can fight all you want. In fact, the dark wants you to fight. The more you resist, the more pain it will inflict upon you and the greater your suffering, the more powerful it becomes. We vampires know that more than anyone. Your pain, your suffering, your death. With each bite into your soft flesh, with each drop of your sweet blood, we grow stronger, drinking you in so that we live and you join the rest of the tortured spirits lingering in the underworld.

And what happens to you when you get there?

You find out just why you spend your human lives afraid of the dark. You find out just why you don't let your foot hang out from under the covers, in fear of a clawed hand that might reach out from under the bed and clutch at your ankle. You find out just why you run past cemeteries and boarded-up houses, where the sunlight never seems to warm the damp earth and brick. You find out just why you run to your car late at night when you've parked in a deserted car lot, with the streetlights flickering overhead and the sound of your footsteps accompanying you like some maddening death march. You find out what really awaits you in the darkness.

I already know what awaits me. Lucius has shown me. And I might be a vampire, but I am afraid of the dark.

In fact, I'm terrified.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.6K 391 40
As soon as I started pulling his arms to take him to my favourite place along the coastline it seemed electricity passed through my skin "Shit I'm so...
197 35 10
After a nightmarish encounter with a werewolf in the Georgia woods, seventeen-year-old Adria Dawson loses her sister but gains the attention of a mys...
84.3K 4.8K 57
Sword still in her hands, she stomped her foot again. "Why are you smiling?" Brainwashed? Check. Sheltered? Check. Lost and alone? Check and, uh, che...
56.5K 4.7K 26
β˜† 2022 α΄‘α΄€α΄›α΄›Κκœ± α΄‘Ιͺɴɴᴇʀ!! β˜† "Hell is empty and all the devils are here." On the cusp of the 20th century, blue blood heiress Lucy Penn has lost everythi...