Efflorescence

By steaknouis

More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6

Chapter 3

157 4 0
By steaknouis

BEEP BEEP BEEP.

BEEP BEEP BEEP.

BEEP – Alice reached over and smacked her alarm clock to silence the annoying sounds interrupting her sleep. She lazily lifted her head from her pillow to look out the window. It was already starting to be beautiful day. Beautiful. Suddenly events from the night before flooded into Alice’s mind. Luke. A warm smile appeared from ear to ear. Alice wasn’t used to having a guy’s complete attention, and until Luke’s phone call, he was all hers. She couldn’t help but like him. Just thinking back to the party, he was absolutely adorable. Luke was shy, yet outwardly attractive. His blue eyes were captivating, and Alice wanted to know more about him.

Alice quickly got out her phone from her bag. She located Scarlett’s phone number and texted her.

Hey! That was a great party last night!

She couldn’t start the conversation by immediately asking about Luke.

Scarlett replied.

Thanks! I think Luke enjoyed it too ;)

But apparently Scarlett could. Alice’s cheeks turned a dark shade of red.

Haha what do you mean?

Alice starting thinking about Luke again. He was so cute. Like the way he would constantly stare at her and look away. Or the way he stopped to watch her dance. This kind of attention was so abnormal, but yet so flattering. Buzz. Alice checked her phone to see a text from Scarlett.

Well Luke was really into you!

Alice stopped breathing. Was this true? Did Luke actually… like her?

Really? Are you sure?

Scarlett responded right away.

Yeah! He kept staring at you haha. And you should’ve seen him after you left!

Both girls replied almost instantly due to the importance of the conversation.

Why??

Well he looked kinda sad. And he didn’t talk to anyone but Michael.

Oh… wow!

Yeah! I think he really likes you!!

Really…??

Of course! I can read boys and he was definitely into you.

Alice wasn’t able to type. She became overly excited. Luke Hemmings… liked her! Her smile grew even bigger.

*************************************************************************************

Throughout the entire day Alice couldn’t stop thinking about Luke. Once he would finally escape her thoughts something would remind her of him. Alice kept wanting to text him, but so far, she hadn’t. She didn’t know what to say or how to say it. Something as direct as “I thought you are really cute” was out of the question. Then there was typical banter, but that seemed almost random. So, she waited all day to think of what to say.

But she didn’t have to any more.

Heyy its Luke… uhm Scar gave me your number :)

Luke texted her. Her heart stopped beating. She was having difficulty breathing.

Oh hi! It was nice to meet you :)

He responded right away.

It was great to meet you too! So I was wondering… if you maybe wanted to hang out with me tonight?

This wasn’t happening. Alice was fully convinced her heart was going to pop out of her chest.

It took Alice a substantial amount of time to reply, seeing as her hands were shaky.

I would love to!  What did you have in mind?

It felt like it had been forever since she sent that text before Luke answered. But in reality, which it didn’t seem to be, it was only a couple of minutes.

It’s a surprise… I’ll pick you up at 8.

*************************************************************************************

After taking over an hour to get ready, Alice finally felt confident with how she looked. She didn’t want to look too “done”. She also had no idea where they were going or what they were doing. She decided on a cute pair of jeans and one of her favorite shirts. Hopefully this would be acceptable.

Alice didn’t know what to do as she waited for Luke. She sat on her bed and watched the clock change from 8:01 to 8:02. She breathed a heavy sigh. Alice also didn’t know what to say to him. They barely knew each other. Although, this would be a good opportunity learn more.

She kept growing more nervous as time passed.

Alice quickly jumped up when she heard the doorbell ring. Okay don’t blow it, just relax. Alice thought to herself.

She eagerly ran down the stairs. When she opened the door Luke looked up at her and completely froze. His jaw dropped and his eyes followed her up and down.

“Uhmm…” Luke mumbled.

Alice giggled, “Are you okay?”

Luke snapped out of his trance. “Yeah sorry…”

“It’s okay. So where are we going?”

“I told you it’s a surprise.” Luke was smiling like a little kid. He was so adorable.

As they walked to his car Alice got a good look at him. He was wearing black ripped jeans and a nirvana t-shirt. She liked that he didn’t look like a typical teenage boy.

The car ride was quite silent. They would engage in simple conversations now and then, but nothing too interesting.

“So can you tell me where we are going now?” Alice pleaded.

“Nope. You’ll see it when we get there.” He turned to reveal a shy smile.

They turned into a large parking lot. Alice vaguely recognized her surroundings, but not completely. Things looked different in the dark.

“Uh, where are we?” Alice questioned.

“Just follow me.” Luke took her hand and led her to a large gate. He showed a laminated card to the person manning the gate.

Alice gasped as she saw Luke’s big surprise unravel before her eyes. They were at the beach. It was a gorgeous evening accompanied by a captivating sunset.

“I booked us a table,” Luke looked up at Alice searching for approval. “At the restaurant here I mean.”

Alice was beaming. He had put so much thought and care into this evening.

After they had finished eating they went for a walk on the beach. Alice kept thinking about all she had learned about Luke over dinner. Even though she uncovered an extensive amount of his personality, she wanted to know more. She wanted to be the one to share his deepest and darkest secrets with, ones that no one else knew. She wanted to be the one he could tell everything to, no matter what, and he would know he could trust her.

The two were strolling on the sand, listening to the gentle crash of the waves at the shore beside them. Luke gestured for Alice to take a seat. The bench which they chose was cold to the touch.

Alice was lost in thought as Luke interjected, “You look really pretty tonight by the way…”

Her cheeks began to turn their common shade of red.

“So do you.” Alice suddenly realized how odd this statement was, “Uh I meant you look… uh nice!” She giggled with embarrassment.

Luke laughed diffidently. “I love your laugh,” he blurted out.

Alice looked up to meet Luke’s eyes. For the first time she noticed how blue they were. She began to get lost in them.

All of a sudden Luke placed a hand on her shoulder and kissed her. It happened so fast that neither of them could process the turn of events. Filled with adrenaline, Alice moved closer and repeated the action. Yet this kiss had more passion. Alice couldn’t stop, and it felt as though Luke didn’t want her to. Luke put his hand on her thigh and closed the space between the two of them. Their lips continued to meet, until Alice pulled apart. They both sat staring at each other, their eyes filled with curiosity, excitement, and lust. Neither of them knew what to say.

“Maybe we should get going it’s getting pretty late,” Luke suggested apprehensively.

“Okay.”

The drive back to Alice’s house to drop her off was almost awkward. Alice was still evaluating what happened between the two of them back at the beach. It was so heated. She didn’t know if she was out of line to kiss him again.

Now and then she would look over at him, while he carefully drove. His eyes were so enchanting, even more so than the sunset they had witnessed.

Once they pulled up in front of her house Luke escorted her to the door. Once she successfully unlocked it, Luke stepped closer.

“Goodnight Alice,” He said quietly. He gave her a quick kiss on the lips and before she knew it he was in his car.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

341K 5.4K 80
○Preferences about 4 adorable Aussies!○
9.2K 177 30
Love comes in many forms
54 0 15
" 𝒾 𝓌𝒶𝓃𝓉 𝒽ℯ𝓇 𝓉ℴ 𝒷ℯ 𝓽𝓱𝓮 𝓸𝓷𝓵𝔂 𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓼𝓸𝓷 𝒾 𝓈𝓂𝒾𝓁ℯ 𝓊𝓃𝒸ℴ𝓃𝓉𝓇ℴ𝓁𝓁𝒶𝒷𝓁𝓎"