Not A Damsel in Distress

By WriterAnisha_2307

Previously titled as Arrogant's Smart Wife. ..... Abandoned on the next day of Marriage, Kavya is forced to l... More

Introduction
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty One
Chapter Thirty Two
Chapter Thirty Three
Chapter Thirty Four
Chapter Thirty Five
Chapter Thirty Six
Chapter Thirty Seven
Chapter Thirty Eight
Chapter Thirty Nine
Chapter Fourty
Chapter Fourty One
Chapter Fourty Two
Chapter Fourty Three
Chapter Fourty Four
Chapter Fourty Five
Chapter Fourty Six
Chapter Fourty Seven
Chapter Fourty Eight
Chapter Fourty Nine
Chapter Fifty
Chapter Fifty One
Chapter Fifty Two
Chapter Fifty Three
Chapter Fifty Four
Chapter Fifty Five
Chapter Fifty Six
Chapter Fifty Seven
Chapter Fifty Eight
Chapter Fifty Nine
Chapter Sixty
Chapter Sixty One
Chapter Sixty Two
Chapter Sixty Three
Chapter Sixty Four
Part Sixty Five: Their Unconditional Love
Part 66: The Raichands'
Bonus Part 1: Honeymoon Preparation
Bonus Part 2: Honeymoon - 1
Bonus Part 3: Honeymoon - 2

Chapter Thirteen

24.2K 1.3K 158
By WriterAnisha_2307

Living Room, Kapoor Mansion

After the priest announced Armaan and Kavya as Husband and Wife. They took their parents and elders blessings by touching their feet. Even relatives and friends came forward to wish the newly wedded couple.

Then everyone made their way towards the lawn where food is arranged. But Armaan and Kavya stayed back as a special arrangement is done in the living room for them.

Ruhi guides them to a round table, where Myra helps Kavya in walking as her bridal outfit is heavy.

Kavya and Armaan frown in confusion, seeing the chairs were placed next to each other, instead of across each other.

However, Ruhi doesn't give them time to react and asks them to take their seats. Then she calls a waiter to bring their food.

The waiter places only one plate between them, increasing their confusion and serves the food.

Ruhi and Myra share a mischievous look and Myra explains, "As per the tradition, you both have to eat from one plate, but-"

Ruhi walks behind them and leans to inform with a teasing smile, "You can't eat by yourself, your partner will feed you. That means Armaan will feed Kavya and Kavya will feed Armaan."

Kavya's eyes widen in surprise and Armaan turn to look at Ruhi with raises eyebrows. She nods in confirmation and gestures with eyes towards their plate.

Armaan thinks with a sigh, 'How many more rituals? This day is so damn long.'

Myra states with a wink, "Have fun."

Ruhi and Myra walk away to give the couple privacy. Armaan glances at Kavya to find her gaze lowered and hands playing with her bangles in nervousness.

Armaan states in a comforting tone, "If you are not comfortable, then we won't follow this tradition."

Kavya turns to meet his gaze, which is offering her comfort and assurance.

But her heart craves to be pampered by the person, she loves. The willingness to experience the affection through such gestures, starts overpowering her nervousness.

Plus, the pain of staying away from Armaan didn't allow her to slip this opportunity.

So, Kavya argues in a determined voice, "But it's a ritual, we have to follow."

Armaan stares at her in surprise as her words didn't match the emotions in her eyes.

Spending three years in the corporate world and turning into an arrogant, unbeatable businessman has gifted him with the skills of reading body language and eyes of the people.

Although, today he fails to understand Kavya's behaviour. First, she seemed nervous, but in the next minute, she is willing to perform the ritual.

Kavya faces him and raises her eyebrows in a demanding manner, while instructing, "What are you waiting for? Let's eat."

Armaan nods in approval, making her smiles and he reaches for the spoon.

He fills the spoon with an Indian sweet - gajar ka halwa and stretch his same arm towards Kavya's mouth.

Kavya asks with a smile, "Starting with sweets?"

Armaan smiles and wishes her, "Congratulations for the marriage, Mrs. Raichand."

Kavya giggles and takes another spoon to fill with the same sweet. She forwards the spoon towards Armaan's mouth.

Kavya wishes back, "Congratulations for the marriage, Mr. Raichand."

They feed each other with sweets and Armaan gazes the plate, thinking of what to eat next.

Meanwhile Kavya remembers the past problems  in RGC and faces him to ask, "Armaan, how is everything at RGC? Has the situation improved?"

Armaan's hand freezes over the salad and he turns to face her. He observes concern in her eyes and feels the urge to share the correct scenario, he is experiencing in RGC.

He sighs and answers truthfully, "No. People are hesitating to trust me, Kavya. I am trying for an overseas project since five weeks, but they are not finalising the deal."

The sadness in his voice makes Kavya reach for his free hand, resting over the table. She gives it an assuring squeeze and he shifts his gaze to glance at their joined hands, then back at her.

Kavya explains, "Don't be disheartened Armaan, people will soon trust you again. I know, I am an illiterate in the business matters and can't practically understand much of these things. But I have learned from experience, problems are a part and parcel of our life. Sometimes we win and sometimes we need to struggle to win."

She brings her other hand towards their connected ones and sandwiches his hand between her both.

Kavya continues, "Yes, this period brings frustration and demotivates you, but there is a hidden plus point in this situation."

Armaan demands in confusion, "Hidden plus point? How?"

Kavya answers with a smile, "This problem occurred in your absence, still you caught the culprit and started working on the damage control. And everyone knows, this process isn't easy, it needs your 100% dedication with great intellectual skills to rectify."

She squeezes his hand again and continues, "So, now everyone will witness a true sailor, who didn't allow his ship to sink and improved it to sail around the world."

Kavya tightens her grip around his hand and assures, "Capability of a person is not known in good times, Armaan. It can only be witnessed in hard times, so utilize this time to flaunt your skills with pride and let the world know who is Armaan Raichand."

The trust and confidence in Kavya's eyes make Armaan drown in them and without realising, he laces his hand with her hand, which is under his.

Kavya smiles, feeling the same and assures him with her eyes to believe in his skills.

Armaan comments with a smile, "You...you have a way with words. You can convince anyone to believe you."

Kavya giggles and grabs a piece of carrot to feed him. She replies, "I didn't save many families of disabled people, who came in the NGO from separating by taking only extreme steps."

Armaan questions with a frown, "Extreme steps?"

Kavya thinks after a sigh, 'I wish, we had enough time before marriage to share the complete details of my job in the NGO and now is not the time. So, you have to wait Armaan.'

She shakes her head and assures, "By extreme steps, I meant to threaten them and now, please stop stressing. It's a matter of time before the world realises your worth, Armaan. Everything will fall at the original place and you will gain the reputation back."

Armaan nods with a smile and states with hesitation, "Thank you for....for the talk."

Kavya teases with a fake frown, "Which husband has ever thanked his wife?"

Armaan fills a spoon with rice and comments, while feeding her, "One who was losing hope day after day and felt as if everything has come to an end. So, thank you."

Kavya replies with a smile, "I am happy to help you, Armaan and believe me, soon you will have everything back."

Armaan smiles and they continue to feed each other in comfortable, yet soothing silence.

Meanwhile Ruhi and Myra search for her cousin Tia in the Mansion, who has a bag. They meet at the entrance of the lawn and Tia shows them the bag.

They exchange a meaningful evil grin and wait for everyone to finish their lunch.

After lunch, it's time for the vidaai (farewell) ritual.

So everyone makes their way towards the exit. Kavya and Armaan halt for their footwear near the mandap. Kavya wears her golden heels, but Armaan couldn't find his mojari (shoe) anywhere, so he keeps searching for it.

Soon Myra, Ruhi and Kavya's cousins start giggling at Armaan. While his cousins stand with sad faces.

The elders smile, aware of the reason and stay back with patience.

Armaan remains clueless and glances at Kavya, who is smiling as well.

Myra walks closer to stand in front of Armaan and teases with a mischievous grin, "What happened Jiju, you can't find your shoes?"

Armaan nods, unaware of the reason for her change of behaviour. Then she points at her right and he turns to find Tia, removing his shoes from a bag.

He whispers to Kavya in confusion, "Why is your cousin holding my shoes?"

Kavya presses her lips to control her giggles, realising  Armaan is unaware of this shoe stealing ritual.

Nirav walks closer and apologises to Armaan, "Sorry Bro, but your smart sister-in-laws tricked us."

Ruhi giggles and forwards her hand, while instructing, "Armaan come on, empty your pockets."

Armaan frowns in confusion and Myra states, "Remember, I said I will make you bankrupt in this ritual. You thought, I was joking? I was dead serious, if you want your mojri back, then empty your pockets, we are 15 in total."

Tia walks closer and demands, "Yes, Jiju we want 15 million in cash, 1 million each."

Nimrit steps forward and demands in shock, "15 million?"

Tia states, "Yes Aunty 15 million, we have given our Kavya to him, so can't he give this much money."

Nimrit opens her mouth to object, but Myra faces Ranveer with a pleading eyes and he pulls Nimrit back.

He defends them, "Oh come on Nimrit, their Jiju is a Billionaire, so he can easily give them 15 million."

Numrit tries to object again, but stops hearing Yash's words, "Of course, 15 million is nothing."

Yash glances at Armaan and he removes his phone from his sherwani, understanding it's an another ritual. He starts dialing the number, only to stop as Myra, Ruhi and other 13 cousins move forward.

Myra questions with a smile, "Aww Jiju you are so cute, you actually thought we woul take money from you?"

Armaan looks at her in confusion and Ruhi clarifies, "We want something else."

Armaan asks in a polite tone, "What?"

Myra makes a serious face and demands, "We want you to promise us, you will make Didu smile at least 15 times in a day."

Everyone smile at her demand and Kavya stares at Myra with adoration.

Ruhi keeps her demand, "You will give at least 1 hour from your busy schedule to Kavya, DAILY."

Kunj, another cousin of Kavya, keeps his demand, "Every Sunday should be Kavya's day."

Tia demands, "You will take her for shopping, movies, dates and wherever she wishes."

Rudra, another Kavya's cousin, demands with a threat, "You will keep Kavya as your first priority, otherwise let me introduce myself, I am a criminal lawyer."

Kavya giggles at his silly threat and others laugh, including Armaan, who seems to enjoy the friendly atmosphere created by the cousins.

The rest cousins demand together, "And you will always keep her happy."

Myra asks with a serious face, "So Jiju, will you do everything we said?"

Armaan assures with a genuine smile, "I will try my best."

Myra, Ruhi and the cousins respond with a smile, "Thank you."

Myra takes the shoes from Tia's hand and bends to place them near Armaan's feet. She straightens up and he wears his shoes after thanking her.

Realising now is the time to leave her home, tears wells up in Kavya's eyes. Nimrit and Ranveer moves closer to Kavya, and Myra stands next to her parents. While Ruhi and the cousins move back to make way for Armaan and Kavya.

Ranveer wraps his arm around Kavya's shoulder and they walk outside of the Mansion together. Rest of the relatives and friends follow them.

Near Armaan's Car

Ranveer hugs Kavya when they reach Armaan's car. She couldn't stop the tears from escaping, while Nimrit and Myra face them with tears in their eyes.

Armaan and Raichand Family wait with patience for the Kapoor family to bid bye to their daughter.

Ranveer breaks the hug and wipes Kavya's tears. He states in a low voice, "Strong girls don't cry, they only smile. Hmm?"

Kavya nods and smiles with tears, shining in her eyes. Then she hugs Nimrit who whispers, "You are a Raichand now, but that doesn't mean we are leaving you. We will always be available for you in anything you want."

Nimrit breaks the hug and plants a long kiss on Kavya's forehead, while holding back her tears.

Kavya then hugs Myra who states with tears in the eyes, "I love you Didu. I will miss you the most. Take care and be happy."

Myra breaks the hug and Ruhi also gives a farewell hug to Kavya with teary eyes. Then Ranveer opens the car door to make Kavya sit inside.

Ranveer turns to face Armaan and hugs him, who returns the favour without hesitation.

Ranveer breaks the hug and speaks with a smile, "Armaan, today not only Kavya has entered your family, but you have entered my family as well. You are as equal as Kavya and Myra for me now. So never hesitate for anything, you are our Son now."

Ranveer turns to face Nimrit, who nods in response, making Armaan smile and reply with a "Thank you."

Ranveer makes Armaan sit from the other side of the car. Then Yash hugs Ranveer with other Kapoor men and Sonia hugs the Kapoor ladies.

Yash and Sonia assure Ranveer and Nimrit, they will take good care of Kavya and not to worry for anything. The Raichand family settles in their respective vehicles to leave. Kavya waves at her parents, Myra and Ruhi as Armaan's car starts to leave.

Once the vehicles leave, Kapoor family move back in the Mansion.

Entrance, Raichand Mansion

Sonia takes an aarti thal and applied kumkum (vermillion) on Armaan and Kavya's forehead. Then she sprinkles raw rice with rose petals on their head.

Sonia rotates the aarti thal in front of the couple as a gesture to welcome them in the home. Then Payal, Armaan's cousin places a kalash (vessel) filled with raw rice on the floor near Kavya's feet.

Sonia instructs, "Push the kalash with your right feet and enter your home, Kavya."

Kavya smiles at the words 'your home' and does as instructed. The rice scatter inside the home, which indicates Kavya has got happiness and prosperity along.

Then another cousin, Lavanya places a tray filled with kumkum (vermillion) and water paste.

Sonia instructs, "Dip your feet in this water and walk inside."

Kavya nods and does as instructed. She walks inside, leaving her red footprints behind, implying she is marking her place in the family.

Living Room, Raichand Mansion

Armaan is sitting with males of the family behind him. While Kavya is sitting across Armaan with the females of the family behind her for the ring finding ritual.

A large bowl of white liquid with rose petals is placed between Armaan and Kavya. The liquid is a mixture of milk and water, there are coins and shells in the bowl as well.

Then Sonia throws a ring inside the bowl and stirs with her hand to mix the ring along with shells and coins.

She explains the ritual, "You both have three chances to find the ring. The person removing the ring for the highest time, wins. It is believed, the winning person dominates in the marriage, so all the best."

The females cheer for Kavya, making her excited and the males cheer for Armaan, who seems tired now.

He thinks, 'How many more rituals? I should have asked them to keep a court marriage, traditional marriage is a mental and physical harassment.'

Sonia asks, "Ready?"

The couple nods and Jayesh, Armaan's Uncle whistles with his index finger as a sign to begin the first round. Both dip their hands in the liquid to search the ring.

The air fills with cheering and teasing as Armaan and Kavya search for the ring.

After a minute of struggle, Armaan finds the ring. The males cheer for Armaan and tease Kavya. But the females assure Kavya to not be disheartened as there are two more chances.

During the second chance, Armaan gets only shell in hand, while Kavya grabs the ring and scores a point.

Unknowingly Armaan smiles, seeing the ring in Kavya's hand. Her achievement made him happy, which didn't go unnoticed by Yash, who is sitting beside him.

Kavya gives the ring to Sonia and she throws the ring back in the bowl with a stir. Then gestures them to find and they obey.

After a moment of struggle, they together find the ring and stare at each other in surprise. They were holding the ring in the bowl from each side.

Kavya gives a sad smile to Armaan and leaves the ring, but he holds her hand and pulls it back at one side of the ring.

She raises her eyebrows in confusion and he mouths 'don't leave' in response.

Armaan pulls his hand with the ring, which even pulls Kavya's hand from the liquid.

Everyone stares in amusement as Kavya and Armaan, together are holding the ring.

Payal asks Sonia, "Now what Aunty? Tie is allowed?"

Sonia opens her mouth to respond, but Yash cuts her announcing, "A tie is not allowed."

Sonia frowns at his words, only to receive a gesture to wait in response. Yash wanted to see how his arrogant son, who never accepts failure even in a small challenge, reacts in this case.

Kavya glances at the ring with saddened eyes and leaves it, while lowering her gaze, which Armaan observes.

So, he instantly grabs her left hand and slides the ring in her ring finger.

Armaan announces in a stern voice, "Kavya wins."

Yash smirks on Sonia's shock face, while Kavya stares at Armaan with a smile. He smiles back and leaves her hand to wipe his hand with a cloth.

Sonia and Yash give Kavya an envelope of cash as nek (prize) for winning in the ritual.

Then Armaan's cousin sisters and sister-in-laws take Kavya to a room for getting ready for the reception.

Even Armaan makes his way towards his room to change, but Nirav and Payal stop him.

Payal informs, "Bro, you can't go in your room. We are doing some work there, so change in some other room."

Armaan frowns and demands, "What work are you doing in my room?"

Payal glances at Nirav for help, who gestures her to leave and wraps his arm around Armaan's shoulder.

Nirav whispers in his ear, "Bro relax, you are going to love our little surprise."

Nirav winks at him, though Armaan remains clueless. He opens his mouth to ask further, but Nirav drags Armaan to one of the guest room to get ready for the reception.

Reception Venue

The wedding reception of Armaan and Kavya is arranged at a party hall with a capacity of over 500 people. Relatives, friends, close friends in business circles and important employees were invited.

The theme of the decoration in venue is golden.

At one side, a stage is set with golden lights in the background and beige flooring. A large golden one arm couch is placed in the middle of the stage with golden shimmery cushions.

Facing the stage, there are golden couches and chairs set for the guest's sitting. There are many small golden lamp of round shape hanging from the ceiling' giving golden effect at the focused spots.

There is mild music playing in the background and guest has started arriving. Ranveer, Nimrit and Myra along with Yash and Sonia arrive at the same time to attend the guest.

The men are wearing black expensive three piece suits and the ladies are wearing designer pink sarees with golden work and jewellery. Myra is wearing pink and golden lehenga with gold jewellery.

They attend the guest and receive greetings for their kids wedding.

In some time, the entire venue is occupied with guest, who is waiting for the newly wedded couple.

Soon everyone hear the continuous camera clicks and turn towards the source of the sound. Their eyes sparkle in delight, seeing the beautiful couple at the entrance and posing for photographs.

Armaan is wearing a designer black three piece suit with white shirt and dark pink silk tie beneath. His hair is gelled up in style and his right hand is stuffed in his pocket.

While Kavya is wearing a designer heavy pink lehenga with gold and diamond work. She is wearing diamond jewellery and has a diamond clutch in her left hand. Her hair is curled from the ends and few hair strands pin at the back.

After clicking few more pictures, they walk towards the stage. Once they reach at their place, their parents join them and stand by their side.

The guests make their way towards the beautiful couple to give their wishes.

The relatives, friends and clients from Kapoor's side are introduced to Armaan by Ranveer and Nimrit. Whereas from Raichand's side are introduced to Kavya by Yash and Sonia.

The reception goes on smoothly followed by dinner and a personal interaction with important guests.

*************

That's all for now.....will update next part as soon as possible.....hope you liked this part, do give your reviews...till then Keep Smiling and Take Care

My contact details:

Wattpad Profile - @WriterAnisha_2307
Email- sweetyanisha2307@gmail.com
Hangout- sweetyanisha2307@gmail.com
Facebook - Anisha (Link - https://www.facebook.com/worldofanisha)
Twitter - worldofanisha
Instagram- Anisha_23_07

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8.2K 977 15
◇𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐔𝐍𝐓𝐎𝐋𝐃 𝐒𝐓𝐎𝐑𝐘 𝐎𝐅 𝐋𝐎𝐕𝐄◇ ~𝐀 𝐉𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐧𝐞𝐲♤▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎♡𝐨𝐟 𝐀𝐝𝐨𝐫𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧~ Have you ever thought, whe...
248K 10.7K 81
He was an arrogant, cold, ruthless, dominant, self-centered bussinessman, more precisely the one and only ceo of Singhania Industries. Ranking among...
8.6K 420 23
"Kavya, my soul exists to love you." He whispered to himself, not to wake her up. His beautiful beautiful woman softly groaned in her sleep and all h...
32K 1.7K 41
𝓡𝓪𝓷𝓲 𝓢𝓪: 𝓣𝓱𝓮 𝓡𝓪𝓽𝓱𝓸𝓻𝓮 𝓠𝓾𝓮𝓮𝓷 𝒶 𝓈𝒶𝓰𝒶 ℴ𝒻 𝓉𝓇𝓊𝓈𝓉 𝒶𝓂𝒹 𝒷ℯ𝓉𝓇𝒶𝓎𝒶𝓁 What happens when two people with t...