Stars Hold Our Fate (SCOROSE)...

By live_fully

PG13 with some language. (Completed April 3rd 2017) {*AMAZING COVER BY @grangxr*} Rose Weasley is outraged. H... More

Hook
⊚ MONTHS EARLIER ⊚
Studying With... Malfoy?
Almost Kiss
Bleachers
An Admirer
A Plan
What I Want
Three Times a Charm
Out of Your Comfort Zone
The Stars
Marrying Birds
A Certain Redhead
Eternity
Hi!
What To Do
Thousand Years (Scorose Feels)
Dear Lily
Grindylow
Preparation
Surprise
Would You Dance
Lovestruck {Chily Feels}
Drunken Nights
It's Official Now
Party Crashers
An Announcement
Thank You
Out Of Reach
Of Romance
Rescuing Potter
A New Nemisis
Awkward Moments
The Malfoy Name
The Weasley Clan
Cliché
Finally The End
A Potter
Once Upon A Nightmare
The Overgenerous Boyfriend
Where Darkness Died
Reunion
A Traitor
One More Day
Hell's Angel
Bride to Be
Go Green!
Property Of Scorpius
Face Off
Love Is Complicated
Treasures
Never Be Alone (Feels)
Skanky Situation
Running
Almost Dead
The Headstone Entrance
Pluto
Future Fantasies
Epilogue: Night To Remember

Mermaids, Umbridge, Voldemort!

2.3K 76 10
By live_fully

A/N
Heyy.
So I know I haven't been updating as regularly as I used to be.  But now it's a 2 week holiday, sooo I hope to catch up.  Things happen in the next few chapters.  And by things, I mean THINGS ...
Nothing bad.  Not yet at least.  I'm spoiling it.  I'll shut up now.

$$$

Rose's POV

     "Where are they?" I moaned, tugging at my cloak. "We have 5 minutes, and everyone is already gone." Lucky for me, Lily allowed me to wear a tank top under the bralet, even if it was fringed with lace.  My bottom was a leather skirt that stopped mid thigh and was more comfortable than I would've thought, complimenting the cape and the bralet magnificently. 

     "Hold your hippogriffs," Hugo flipped his wand into the air, catching it in his other hand as he relaxed against the armchair.  He wore a sandy coloured shirt with ripped off sleeves, desert army pants with Long Gryffin fur draped across his back.  It was supposed to represent Gryffindor, though it did much less than it represented a Camel.

     "It doesn't take that Long to get to the Room of Requirement," he said.

     "Lily and Roxanne should be down by now," I said anxiously, glancing at the Grandfather clock above the common room fireplace. "Maybe I should go check on them."

     I started to rise from the couch.

     "They're probably fine," Albus waved off.  He wore his normal Gryffindor robes, but it was obvious he had combed his hair and an exact replica of Harry Potter's circular glasses lay on his nose, as well as the lightning scar on his forehead.  There was no doubt he was Harry Potter's Son now.

"Probably had a little makeup emergency or something.  Why are you so urgent? Are you expecting someone?"

     I knew I had it coming, but the way he said it surprised me more than I thought it would.  He didn't sound expectant or angry at all.  Just curious.

Maybe they really have forgotten about Scorpius.

     "No," I answered, and I could hear the disappointment in my own voice.  I felt Hugo's intent stare, but Albus didn't notice.

     "I can't wait to see Fred," Albus said, smirking. "Yesterday he showed up with all the robes and the spells.  He swore he would be a better Voldemort than Voldemort himself.  He said he even bought a fake wand so he could trick people into thinking the spell was real whenever he shouted Avada Kedavra!"

     Hugo laughed, and after a moment of thought I joined in.

     "Ow! Stupid tank!" A voice yelled, drawing our attention. "Is everyone ready?" Roxanne popped around the corner, wearing a frilly pink turtleneck and matching magenta mini skirt with buckles, imitating the snobby woman who worked for the Ministry. 

     (She also taught Mom and Dad Defence Against the Dark Arts in their 5th Year.  Dad used to tell stories about her to scare us into doing Laundry.  What was her name again? Something that began with Um ...)

     "For what?" Hugo called back, snapping me from my thoughts just in time to see Roxanne leave.

     A loud purring sound echoed around the common room.  It echoed off the walls, making it impossible to tell where it came from.  I looked to Hugo and Albus but found they were just as clueless as I was.

What is that sound?

     I saw Albus's eyebrows pop up and turned to see the large circular tank being pushed from around the corner.  I recognised it as the one Hugo brought in earlier and my curiosity grew as I realised it was full of water.  And amongst the waves, a girl floated inside.   Her skin was a bold blue, almost translucent, hair was crackling flames around her wide yellow eyes with slit pupils.  But the most surprising thing about her was the iridescent glow of her scaly tail ...

     "Lily?!" I heard Albus gasp.

     The mermaid blinked, smiling widely.  She swung her arms around her, "Surprise!"

$$$

A Long silence filled the room. I heard Roxanne sigh exhaustedly as she came from behind the tank, leaning against it, "Surprise ..."

"How did you - what did you - when?" Albus asked, stumbling to his feet as he took a closer look.

"Slughorn gave me a potion," Lily answered, gesturing for Roxanne to move her closer. Roxanne glowered at her, "You're joking."

"Sorry, I need to move somehow."

"Are you mad?! I said I'd push you! Not serve you!"

"Hey, you're the one dressing up as a mad old woman. Not me," Lily said, holding her hands up.

"Ladies," Hugo rolled his eyes. "Allow me." He flicked his wand and the tank jerked forward. Lily yelped, her back smacking the back of the tank.

"Don't do that again," she said quickly.

"Okay!" Fred's voice wrung through the room. "In five seconds, get ready to see the best Voldemort costume in the universe!"

"Can't wait," I said sardonically.

Lily and Hugo started to count.

"5 ... 4 ... 3 ... 2 ... 1 ..."

There was a thud as Fred jumped from behind the corner. He wore a Long black robe with cones shaped sleeves that circled his obviously spell - blanched hands. He had his hood pulled up over his eyes, but under the rim you could just make out the outline of a flattened nose.

Voldemort.

"Ahhh," he said in a soothed voice, staring straight at Albus, who had noticeably paled, as if he was encountering the real Voldemort. "Thus we meet again ... Harry Potter."

There was another moment of silence as everyone studied him. Then suddenly everyone was talking.

"No WAY!" Roxanne exclaimed, clapping her hands together. "How did you pull this off?"

"It looks incredible," I said. "Why does everyone have such cool costumes?"

"I guess it looks okay, for your standard," Lily teased Fred.

"You look decent," Albus said in an approving voice. "Though you know I'll still have to kick your butt."

"Awesome, dude! You even sound like him!" Hugo said, laughing.

"How would you know? Have you ever heard Voldemort speak?" I asked.

"No, but it's the same voice Dad always used when he walked us through his adventures," he answered, striding up to Fred.

"Really? My Dad used this voice," Albus cleared his throat, before making a Long, strange hissing noise through his teeth.

We stared at him.

"What? Haven't you heard of Parseltongue (A/N I'm pretty sure that's not how you spell it, but whatevs)?"

"I have," I piped in.

"Okay, enough chit-chat," Fred said, making it sound really awkward coming out of Voldemort's mouth. "Don't we have a party to catch?"

"Yup, let's hit the dance floor!" Hugo yelled.

"If there is a dance floor," I muttered under my breath, following everyone out of the common room.

"Umm ... excuse me?" I heard Lily yell from her lonely spot in the common room. "Hello? Could someone maybe ..."

I turned to look at Roxanne.

After a Long moment of hesitation she sighed, "I'll do it if you do it."

So the two of us ended up dragging Lily out of the common room, and according to Roxanne at a much faster pace than before.

"Oh, Lily," I gasped, pressing my back against the tank once more. "Lay off the butterbeer."

"I said I was sorry," she said defensively.

"I'm not trying to be offensive, I'm serious," I breathed once more, and heard Roxanne give a choked laugh.

By the time we were out of the common room, Roxanne and I were shaking with exhaustion.

"That's it," Roxanne held up her hands, still gasping for air. "I'm done."

"There's gotta be another spell," I breathed tiredly, thinking of every spell I could remember.

Finally, I thought of a spell that would work for this situation.  I took out my wand, "Mobilicorpus," I gasped, still breathless.

     Lily began to move, following the point of my wand as she dragged the tank with her.  I stopped after a few feet.

     "Do you have your wand?"

     She shook her head.

     I groaned, "Fine! Use mine," I walked over and plopped the wand over the edge of the tank.  It floated slowly downwards.

     "YAY! Thanks!"

     "Rose, Roxanne, Lily!" Albus called back.  We saw the boys were already ahead and hurried up to them.

I thought of Scorpius again, and wondered what he would be doing at this moment. Is he studying on his own? Probably not. Is he with someone? Almost everyone was at the party, even Zabini.

I smirked, thinking back to my last encounter with him.

"Is Lily here?" He asked, looking through the window on his broom.

"What are you doing here?!" I yelled back, completely ignoring his question. The shock still hadn't left my face. "It's past curfew!"

"Yell a little louder, I don't think McGonagall heard it," he said sarcastically.

I frowned, seeing he wasn't trying to hide himself.

"Who is that?" Roxanne asked, hurrying to my side. Her brows drew when she saw him, "You?"

"Me."

"What do you want?" I demanded.

"Gee, thanks for the warm welcome."

"We never welcomed you!"

"I came to see Lily," he said, ignoring my other comment.

"You came to see Lil ... wait, what?" I frowned. "You came to see Lily?" I repeated a little louder.

"Yeah."

"Why?" Roxanne asked.

Charles had opened his mouth to answer, but it hit me before words came out. Zabini had been the one Lily had crushed on. It was Zabini!

Lily had come in a moment after he left, completely unaware to the incident. We had both said sorry and sworn never to fight with each other again.

"Hello? Earth to Rose!"

Fingers snapped in front of my face. I turned and jumped when I saw Fred's half cloaked face in front of me.

"Fred!" I scolded, grabbing his hood and shoving it back. "You scared ..."

My voice died out as I stared at his head. The others called out to us from ahead, telling us we'll be late. I didn't hear them over the sound of my uncontrollable laughter.

Apparently, Fred hadn't found a way to get rid of his hair temporarily. His normal orange hair was spikier than ever, framing his face like fire would frame an egg.

The whole threatening look died out just at a glimpse of his hair. I found myself gasping for air as I laughed.

"Fred! Rose! What are you two doing back here?" Albus called, running back towards us. His eyes immediately fell on my struggling figure, "Why are you laughing ..."

He turned to look at Fred and screamed, leaping back as if he just had a heart attack. Seeing this I laughed harder.

"Guys!" Roxanne yelled angrily, marching over. "The doors will be closed, and then we would have dressed up for noth ..."

      She turned to Fred and instantly started laughing with me.

      Fred smirked, "Okay, so the spell backfired a little."

      "A little?" Albus repeated.

We laughed harder.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

24.1K 1.5K 52
**COMPLETED** Cover made by @siriusblackisgreat Co-written by @famdomtrash24000 •Strong Language •Homophobic Slurs •Physical Abuse ~Includes use and...
85.2K 1.8K 62
Rose has always loved her family but that was until she became the black sheep. Upon arriving at Hogwarts her excitement to be there soon fizzles out...
1.4K 7 33
(I know Scorlily isn't a common ship, but hear me out) He was a Malfoy. She was a Potter. As of recent, Scorpius and Lily were supposed to hate each...
16.9K 403 39
Rose Weasley was no longer the thorny little girl she had been four years previously, with new found confidence she'd blossomed into a bright flower...