Heartless [Completed]

By MirrorGirl97

Hwang Jangmi is just an average girl living a normal lifestyle. She was on her way home back from school when... More

Prologue
|One|
|Two|
|Three|
|Four|
|Five|
|Six|
|Seven|
|Eight|
|Nine|
|Ten|
|Eleven|
|Twelve|
|Fourteen|
|Fifteen|
|Sixteen|
|Seventeen|
| Eighteen|
|Nineteen|
|Twenty|
|Twenty-one|
|Twenty-Two|
|Twenty - Three|
Epilogue

|Thirteen|

610 31 13
By MirrorGirl97

Chapter 13

"Where is she?!" Jungkook yelled, his voice echoed around the throne room. They've returned after venturing around the forest aimlessly for more than a week. They've even crossed borders with the werewolves, faeries and the unicorns, but there were no signs of Jangmi. Not even her scent was found.

"Calm down. We can just ask for help. You panicking and throwing things around wouldn't bring Jangmi back." Jin said, his own pupils red. He was undoubtedly frustrated at the situation they were in. He had planned out and memorized every possible routes that could lead them to Jangmi but it was all a failure. Even Jimin couldn't track Jangmi's scent, making them slowly losing hope. Jungkook being emotional wasn't helping them either.

"Calm down? You're asking me to calm down when my mate is out there somewhere and there's a chance of her being tortured because of me? Are you crazy?!" Jungkook exclaimed, glaring and Jin with hatred and Jin returned the glare.

"Is it my fault that she's captured? You could've just bypassed the differences that both of you had but no, you just had to let your hatred towards the half-breeds control your feelings for her. Don't put the blame on us now Jungkook." Jin said and Jungkook's eyes didn't even softened at that accusation. It was true, if only he had accepted Jangmi, both of them would've been happy and she wouldn't have been kidnapped.

"Stop it. Fighting wouldn't solve anything either." Rapmon said sternly, giving both vampires a look.

"We have visitors." Suga said when he heard footsteps approaching the messy throne room. Broken vases, lamps, table, and picture frames were on the ground. Jungkook had to let out his anger and the only way besides killing was throwing things on the ground, breaking them. The door to the throne room opened, revealing two couples. One couple was older than the other.

Jungkook frowned when he saw who they were. "I don't recall giving you an invitation to come, nor do I recall you giving me a prior notice of your visit." He said, giving his full attention to them. All four of them gave Jungkook a 90-degree bow in respect.

"I'll apologize for the short notice, but the both of us need to help one another. Your mate is missing, correct?" The older female asked and Jungkook glared at her, looking wary. He might've or might've not exposed to the entire mythical species population that his mate was kidnapped. Well, he had been running around the places finding for Jangmi, so it was no surprise if they knew.

"What do you know?" He asked, baring his fangs in caution, daring her to mess with him, but she was not at all fazed by his antics. In fact, she glared at him back, daring him to threaten her and Jungkook took the hint and kept his fangs. His red pupils remained though.

"My daughter is your mate, and that she's captured by a rebel group called 'Le Creux'. It consists mainly of half-breed born vampires and the leader was my supposed mate. It was his own delusional thoughts though, he was power-hungry and made himself believe that I was his mate. Anyway, story-telling can wait for another day, my daughter's life is at stake. I can reach out to her only if she reaches out to me first. When I do, I'll tell you her exact location and you and your army go straight to the place. I could feel her body weakening and her life force diminishing so we have no time to waste." The older lady said and Jungkook widened his eyes, the new information processing in his head.

So, Jangmi wasn't human?

"Goodness gracious, no she's not. She's a sorceress like me. Happy now? Like I said, story-telling can wait. My daughter's life can't." The older female snapped, making Jungkook flinched in surprised.

"O-okay." Jungkook stuttered and she threw Jungkook a dissatisfied look before sitting on the ground with her legs crossed. She closed her eyes, leaving the vampires in the throne room baffled.

"She's trying to communicate with Jangmi." The younger male said when the vampires looked confused. Jungkook turned his attention to him and raised an eyebrow, indirectly asking who the hell he was.

"I'm Jangmi's brother." He simply said and Jungkook frowned. He was told that he was taken, and that Jangmi's parents were dead. But now, all of them were standing in his throne room, alive. What the hell was going on?

"Stop thinking. I can't concentrate." The older female snapped to Jungkook and the other vampires had to stifle their laughter at Jungkook's look of disbelief. She was definitely overpowering Jungkook. He had met her a few times since she was the queen of her own species and could be considered the most powerful being in the world. She could kill you without even touching you, and she was pretty much immortal. She was older than Jungkook by centuries and undoubtedly more experienced.

Even so, never had he felt overpowered by her before. She had pretty much treated Jungkook equally, like he was her own people so he was definitely taken aback. She must be as agitated as he was to snap at him like that.

"Yongdam-ah..." The older male called out softly when his wife started sobbing.

"I found her." She managed to say and Jungkook widened his eyes in anticipation. Waiting for her to continue.

"She's at the Springfield mansion, the mansion that belongs to the leader of 'Le Creux'. I'll guide all of you through my mind. Go. She's losing her life force, fast." The older female said, tears still falling on her cheeks. Jungkook simply nodded and gestured all six of his friends to follow him. Images of places started flashing in all seven minds.

Follow the images. It'll guide you straight to the mansion. A voice was heard in their heads and all of them nodded in synchronization. Jungkook was faster than them since he had royal blood running in his veins, but his friends were not that far behind either.

All of them didn't even waited for a second before running into the mansion, killing all the half-breeds that were in their way. It didn't take much power for them to kill off the half-breeds, but it did tire them slightly. "Jangmi-ah!" Jungkook called out as the stench of blood infiltrated his nose. It didn't belong to Jangmi, but all the half-breeds that had turned to nothing but dust. Their blood still stained on the white wallpapers as well as the carpeted flooring.

In the basement. The sorceress' words rang in all their heads.

Jungkook went straight to the basement and his still heart dropped as soon as he saw the state Jangmi was in. The wall was knocked down, indicating that the perpetrators had escaped while they were fighting the half-breeds. "Holyshit." Rapmon cussed under his breath as soon as he saw Jangmi.

Jungkook took out the metal rod that was impaled into her chest without much effort and tears started falling endlessly down his cheeks. This was all his fault. If only he didn't reject Jangmi and made her leave the castle, she would've still be alive and well.

Hurry back. Do not waste any more time. The sorceress' voice snapped in his head and Jungkook unconsciously bared his fangs at the tone of her voice.

Don't you dare fight me your highness. I want my daughter alive and well, and if you continue mopping around, she'll be dead and I can't bring the dead back to life. No one can. The sorceress said when she felt Jungkook's annoyance and anger. She felt her daughter's life force emptying at an incredibly fast pace and it was making her feel restless.

"Our daughter will be fine." Her husband reassured her but she knew better than believe his words. Even if Jangmi was fully healed, there will be scars and scars never heal no matter how much time flows by. She might've gained the title as the most powerful being in the world, but there were a lot of things that even her powers couldn't do. She couldn't heal scars. She could manipulate minds, but feelings were something she couldn't manipulate, and she knew that Jangmi would hate her as soon as she knew who she was.

She would've hated herself too. Being kept in the dark all this while and having to experience things that someone should never have experienced, witness things that someone should never witness, it would be a given if Jangmi felt betrayed.

"Are you okay?" The younger woman asked the man and the man gave his mate a tight smile. After everything that had been done, how could he be okay?

He was the cause of Jangmi's depression and anxiety. He had manipulated the mind of his own sister and emotionally scarred her, even if it was his parents that had told him to manipulate her mind, it was still unforgivable. He had hated his parents for a certain period of time after what he did but had come to accept that what's done had been done. There was nothing that he could do but to pray hard that his sister forgives him.

The doors to the throne room slammed open and Jin had informed the family that Jangmi was in her room and V was doing CPR on her.

"Move aside." The sorceress said and V stopped pumping her chest. The sorceress' eyes watered at the sight of her daughter, her body full of wounds and blood. Her motherly instinct took over as guilt started clouding her heart. She shouldn't have sent her daughter away for protection. She should've kept her by her side, protecting her daughter herself. She shouldn't have made her son come back and learn all the royal duties, she should've continued letting her son stay by his sister's side. Because of all the wrong choices that she made, her daughter was on the brink of death.

"I'm so sorry." She whispered, kneeling beside the bed and caressing her daughter's left cheek. Tears rolling down her cheeks endlessly as she looked at the state her daughter was in, thinking about how much pain her daughter was forced to go through because of her senseless actions. She closed her eyes as she reached out for her inner powers. She could feel the powers surging through her body and her finger tips started glowing a light blue. She opened her eyes, her pupils turned blue from black.

The vampires in the room were in awe as they witnessed the sorceress using her powers for the first time, however, worry for Jangmi had never left as they hoped that whatever the sorceress was doing, it would heal Jangmi. Oh, of course the sorceress was healing Jangmi. She couldn't have been killing her since she was her daughter.

She lightly touched the wounds that Jangmi had on her body, she had lifted Jangmi shirt, revealing the whipped marks on her abdomen. Jungkook clenched his fist at the sight, anger pulsating through his veins as pain filled his still heart. Pain for his mate.

It took the sorceress almost an hour to finish healing Jangmi's wounds, but not completely. Scars were left on Jangmi's body and the sorceress had no power to remove those scars away. Her energy had depleted tremendously from using too much power. Her face extremely pale, and she barely had the energy to stand on her own. However, she refused to remove herself from her daughter's side.

"Yongdam-ah." Her husband called out, putting his hands on his wife's shoulders. She did nothing to respond to him as she looked at her daughter's equally pale face. He felt as tormented and pained as his wife but he was determined not to show it. His wife was already breaking down, and if he were to break down as well, his wife wouldn't have a pillar of support. He knew that his son was crying inside as well, but he had his own mate to support him.

"You need to rest. Let her mate take care of her. We'll come back again after you've restored your energy." He said but she still didn't respond him.

"Appa is right. Umma, you need to rest. We don't need another person to faint on us." His son said and he glared at his choice of words. His son had always been direct. It was a postive trait, but it was positive to a certain extend. It was hurtful but true. The sorceress looked down at her hands that was covering Jangmi's hand. Her heart ached at her son's words but abide to what he said nonetheless. She stood up with the help of her husband, letting go of Jangmi's hand.

"Thank you, your highness." Jungkook bowed to the sorceress who was looking at Jungkook with slight disappointment. Words of him rejecting Jangmi had reached her ears as well. Although she had no rights to become angry at him hurting Jangmi, she had no choice but to be disappointed in him for rejecting her just because he thought that she was human. She understood why he had done what he did since she had lived through the times when Jungkook's parents were the rulers of the Vampire race. -God, she was even older than his parents.-

Anyway, even though she understood why he rejected her daughter, she couldn't help but be disappointed with his actions. Having a human as a mate herself, she didn't think that it was all that bad. He shouldn't have let hatred control his choices. It was irrational of him to do that, especially when he was King but she decided to keep her thoughts to herself.

"We've already prepared the guest rooms for your stay." Jin said, noticing the eyes the sorceress was giving Jungkook, and Jungkook knew as well but did nothing to comment. After all, he did deserve it.

"Thank you." The sorceress' husband said, giving Jin a tight smile since he wasn't able to give a genuine one. His heart just didn't allow him to let out a smile, even if it was of gratitude. It just wasn't right, especially with all that had happened.

Jin bowed and gestured them to follow him as he led them to their respective chambers.

The other vampires left the room as well, leaving Jungkook alone with Jangmi. Jungkook sat on the edge of the bed, making it sink lightly as he tugged Jangmi's hair behind her ear. His still heart pained and his eyes watered. He sucked at being a King and he sucked even more at being a mate. He made Jangmi suffer, and it was unforgivable. Even if Jangmi were to forgive him -although he doubt she would-, he would never forgive himself.

"I'm so sorry, Jangmi. I'm so so sorry." He whispered, his tears landing on Jangmi's pale cheeks as his face was parallel to hers. He lowered his face towards hers and lightly landed his lips on hers, tears continuously falling.

Sorceress - Known as the most powerful being in the world. Has unknown abilities, and is the Queen of the witches. If a human is mated with a sorceress, they would become ageless so that they could spend the rest of their lives with the sorceress, however, they do not acquire any special power of sorts. They just simply become a ageless human.

Warlocks - Also known as male magicians or male sorceress, although less powerful, they are a lot wiser compared to sorceress who always act based on emotions. Like a sorceress, if they're mated with a human, the human will become ageless.

Author's note: So, I decided to add pictures to help visualize. Anyway, all these mythical information is just my own imagination. None of it is true besides some of course, like sorceress are witches. xD All those facts about human suddenly become ageless is utter bulls***, but it's just a story. Anything can happen. Hahahah!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.4K 519 22
There's no one stronger than the Original Vampire, but there's also no one lonelier. It's a hard pill to swallow, but Vanessa thinks she's gotten by...
723K 26.2K 35
- a Jeon Jungkook fanfiction - in which a girl meets a boy who is a werewolf. Jeon Jungkook, a resident player studying in an university was actually...
90.4K 3.9K 37
In a world full of creatures and humans lives a fierce vampire in the name of jeon Jungkook ,he is a horrifying ,powerful, smart vampire . A day he i...
378K 16.2K 54
A simple bite gone wrong. Awesome cover by @taehyungneedsahug ! Bts fanfic - reader x vampire taehyung THERE WILL BE A BIT OF PROFANITY, PLEASE DO BE...