Not A Damsel in Distress

By WriterAnisha_2307

Previously titled as Arrogant's Smart Wife. ..... Abandoned on the next day of Marriage, Kavya is forced to l... More

Introduction
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty One
Chapter Thirty Two
Chapter Thirty Three
Chapter Thirty Four
Chapter Thirty Five
Chapter Thirty Six
Chapter Thirty Seven
Chapter Thirty Eight
Chapter Thirty Nine
Chapter Fourty
Chapter Fourty One
Chapter Fourty Two
Chapter Fourty Three
Chapter Fourty Four
Chapter Fourty Five
Chapter Fourty Six
Chapter Fourty Seven
Chapter Fourty Eight
Chapter Fourty Nine
Chapter Fifty
Chapter Fifty One
Chapter Fifty Two
Chapter Fifty Three
Chapter Fifty Four
Chapter Fifty Five
Chapter Fifty Six
Chapter Fifty Seven
Chapter Fifty Eight
Chapter Fifty Nine
Chapter Sixty
Chapter Sixty One
Chapter Sixty Two
Chapter Sixty Three
Chapter Sixty Four
Part Sixty Five: Their Unconditional Love
Part 66: The Raichands'
Bonus Part 1: Honeymoon Preparation
Bonus Part 2: Honeymoon - 1
Bonus Part 3: Honeymoon - 2

Chapter Twelve

26K 1.4K 188
By WriterAnisha_2307

Next Day

Armaan's Room, Raichand Mansion, Delhi

At 10 pm, Armaan scrubs the towel over his face, while standing in front of the mirror and wearing only sweatpants. He groans in frustration as the yellow stain of the turmeric paste doesn't fade, which was applied during the haldi function in the evening, today. 

He glances at his bare chest and arms through the mirror and finds the stubborn yellow stain still visible after bathing for an hour.

Armaan curses his relatives and cousins under his breath, who had removed his top and rubbed the turmeric paste over his arms and chest. 

Armaan curses, "I swear, I will kill each one of them with my bare hands, then-"

He stops as the door of his room opens and watches Yash's head peeping inside, through the mirror. Their eyes meets and Yash enters the room while closing the door.

Armaan rolls his eyes in irritated, assuming his father came to give further instructions for the upcoming wedding function. He turns around as Yash makes his way towards his son.

Armaan asks with anger evident in his voice, "Any more instructions Dad?"

Yash sighs and replies in a soft voice, "I know, you are angry because I am forcing you to marry-"

Armaan interrupts with correction, "Blackmailing me with the most precious thing of my life."

Instead of being angry as usual, Yash smiles, making Armaan frown in confusion. He watches his father, walking towards his bed and taking a seat on the edge.

Yash states, "Exactly my point Armaan, you have a precious THING, not a precious person in your life."

Armaan rolls his eyes and informs in a stern voice, "I don't need a precious person in my life. I am absolutely fine living alone."

Yash argues in a calm tone, "You will not understand, unless you experience how different it is to live alone and live with someone."

Armaan exhales in frustration and turns around to grab his t-shirt from the nearby chair to wear. While Yash shakes his head in disbelief and stands to step closer to his son.

Yash confesses, "I know, what impression you have in your mind for me."

Armaan faces his father through the mirror and Yash continues, "A rude, selfish and heartless businessman, who finds benefit in everything."

Armaan frowns and Yash assures, "Don't worry, I won't challenge it, because it is true till some extent."

He walks closer to place his hands over Armaan's shoulders to give a gentle squeeze.

Yash confesses truthfully, "But this time, I am not doing anything for my benefit, Armaan. Trust me, I will achieve nothing from this marriage, it's only you, who will receive everything."

Armaan shrugs off Yash's hands from his shoulder and turns around to demand, "If you are not receiving anything, then why did you blackmail me?"

Yash explains with a sad smile, "There is a time for everything Son. We will discuss this matter after a few months. For now, you can assume, I am sowing seeds for a fruitful future."

Armaan glares at his father and demands, "What fruitful future? Kavya is a social worker and I am a businessman, what kind of future will we have?"

Yash smirks at his son's words and comments, "You will see."

He turns around to face the door and informs, while walking, "And by the way, the turmeric stains will fade with milk, which you will take tomorrow morning. So, stop scrubbing your skin and sleep, good night."

Yash steps out of the room, leaving behind his frustrated son, who keeps glaring at his back.

Armaan murmurs, "This man can't stop adding complications to my life."

Kavya and Myra's Room, Kapoor Mansion

Kavya enters her room, after scrubbing off the excess turmeric paste, which was applied in the haldi function earlier.

She is wearing a comfortable nightgown and sits on the edge of the bed while glancing at the right corner of the room. She finds her bags packed and ready to send at Raichand Mansion.

Her eyes moisten as she realises, this is her last night in her home.

Her last night as Kavya Kapoor.

Kavya whispers, "I will miss everything and everyone."

The door of her room opens, grabbing her attention and she turns to find Ranveer, Nimrit and Myra enter the room.

Kavya finds Ranveer, holding a tray with four mugs and she knew it would be her favourite chocolate mug cake.

Ranveer offers with a smile, "Let's make tonight memorable."

Kavya smiles with teary eyes and crawls back on the bed, till she reaches at the middle.

Ranveer and Nimrit take their seats on each side of Kavya, while Myra sits in front of her.

Ranveer places the tray in front of Kavya and wraps an arm around her shoulder. He plants a kiss on her forehead, and pulls her closer without caring for the turmeric stains on Kavya's skin, spoiling his nightwear.

She whispers, while wrapping her arm around Ranveer's waist, "I will miss you, Papa."

Kavya glances at her mother, who plants a long kiss on her forehead and she confesses, "I will miss you too, Mamma."

Then she faces Myra, who senses Kavya and Nimrit will cry any moment.

Myra orders in a stern tone, "No crying please."

She moves closer and continues, "We had planned to make tonight memorable. So, we will spend it by playing games, cracking jokes and other crazy things we love."

Ranveer agrees, "Yes, instead of crying we should enjoy. But first, have the cakes, I have made them with no help."

Nimrit whispers into Kavya's ear, "After seeing a tutorial on YouTube 10 times."

Kavya giggles in response and Ranveer glares at Nimrit, who giggles back.

Ranveer pouts sadly and Kavya plants a kiss on his cheek to replace his sadness with a smile. Myra and Nimrit smile, capturing the sweet moment in their heart as a beautiful memory.

Soon everyone grabs one mug each and Kavya finds her favourite Nutella and mini marshmallows on top. She grins as a kid and eats a big bite while thanking her father.

While eating, Ranveer and Nimrit share the memories of Myra and Kavya's childhood, some funny and a few embarrassing to tease them.

Then, Myra brings their favourite family time board game - Ludo.

The three ladies glare at Ranveer and warn together, "NO CHEATING."

Ranveer looks at them in surprise and asks with fake innocence, "Cheating? What do you mean by cheating? I don't know."

Myra glares at Ranveer and starts, "Papa."

Then Nimrit warns while glaring, "No cheating."

Kavya finishes with a glare, "Or else no sweets for 1 month."

Ranveer lifts his hands in surrender and states, "Ok, ok, I will not cheat."

Nimrit, Myra and Kavya smile in response, grabbing the board game to begin.

As the game progresses, Ranveer tries to cheat, where Kavya catches him red-handed. Myra snatches the half eaten mug cake from his hand as punishment and Ranveer makes a cute crying face, begging for the desert. This makes the ladies laugh and tease him.

However, Kavya soon melts and takes the mug from Myra's hold to return to Ranveer. He grins and hugs Kavya, making her giggle.

They continue to play, where Ranveer again cheats, only to make Kavya win. So, Myra and Nimrit do not react.

After playing they click some photographs with Kavya as a memory of her last night in her room.

Later, they allow her sleep because tomorrow is a big day for her, her wedding day.

Next Day

Today is the day which will be marked as the union of Kavya and Armaan. The day, when they will be tied for the rest of their life in the beautiful relation of marriage.

At one end, Kavya is excited as the day has arrived when she will meet Armaan, her groom after a long time. She has preserved millions of things and events in her heart to share with him.

She has been counting days to meet him and express her feelings, which she realised after he left for Mumbai.

Her plan to confess her love to Armaan tonight is making her nervous, but she didn't want to wait for another day.

Whereas, on the other end, Armaan is devoid of emotions. He wants to end this day as soon as possible because he waits for the following day to return to Mumbai.

Losing two projects and six employees is frustrating him in every second of his day. His anger remains at its peak, which clouds every rational thought and concern for Kavya.

He worries for only RGC and no one or nothing else.

Armaan's Room, Raichand Mansion

After taking a milk bath, Armaan wears a designer red sherwani with golden and diamond work on the front and sleeves.

He murmurs, "Why can't I marry in a suit? This sherwani is so irritating."

Armaan grabs the shimmery golden dupatta. He observes the piece of cloth with confusion as he fails to understand, how to wear it.

Armaan murmurs with a frown, "How the hell should I wear this?"

Just then the door of his room cracks open and Sonia enters, wearing a heavy designer orange and red saree with golden and diamond work all over. The diamond jewellery with neutral makeup and french bun hairstyle gives her a divine look.

However, Armaan stays oblivious to his mother's presences and glares at the dupatta.

Sonia giggles at the sight, which grabs Armaan's attention and he sighs in frustration.

Armaan face Sonia and states, "It's not funny, Mom."

Sonia stops giggling and walks closer with a smile, lacing her lips. She takes a brief glance of Armaan from top to bottom, which only widens her smile.

Sonia compliments him, "Handsome and stylish."

Armaan's lips curl up to a smile and Sonia grabs the dupatta from his hand to help him. She takes the middle of the dupatta and places it over the back of his right shoulder.

She asks, "Can I say something?"

Armaan nods and Sonia states in a soft voice, "I know, you are still angry on us-"

He cuts her off by assuring, "I am not angry at you, Mom. I am well aware, Dad is the one who alone took this decision and use RGC to blackmail me. You must have tried to stop him, but when he is stubborn, he doesn't listen to anyone."

Sonia smiles with relief, shining in her eyes and Armaan continues, "Plus, I have seen you obeying him without a word since childhood. I know, he is taking advantage of your innocence."

Sonia states in defence, "Your father isn't a bad person, Armaan. Everyone makes mistakes, but I agree, what he is doing now is unacceptable. He should have discussed about marriage and asked your opinion, before taking the extreme step."

Armaan chuckles without humour and comments, "When has Dad thought of others before taking a decision!"

Sonia takes the left end of the dupatta and wraps it around Armaan's left wrist, while commenting, "If you dislike his behaviour, then you shouldn't act in a similar way, right?"

Armaan frowns in confusion and Sonia asks, "Is Kavya at fault in this matter?"

Armaan shakes his head in negative and states, "Then she shouldn't be punished, right?"

Armaan's frown only deepens and Sonia explains with a smile, "A girl leaves her home, family and everything only for her husband."

She takes a hairbrush from the dressing table to comb Armaan's soft black hair, and continues, "In return, she expects respect and-"

Sonia stops herself from uttering the next word, well aware of the lack of affection in Armaan's heart for Kavya.

She continues after a moment of thinking, "And loyalty from her husband. So, never disrespect Kavya and remove your Dad's anger on her. She is innocent and deserves happiness, Armaan. Don't make her suffer for something, she hasn't done."

Armaan looks away, absorbing every word her mother said and the guilt of ruining her life, hits his senses again.

He remembers the time spent with Kavya. The trust and affection in her eyes, suffocates him and he clenches his fist at his sides.

Then he recalls the incidents of the past week, where he ignored her because of work. But the fact surprises him, that neither​ did she call him to complain for the same and demand his attention.

Kavya's sensibility and understanding towards work are evident to him in the first meeting. He remembers, giving a fake excuse of work stress to seek forgiveness for yelling at her.

Sonia observes the guilt and regret in Armaan's eyes, which gives her relief and a hope for a happy life for the couple.

She cups his face, breaking his chain of thoughts and instructs, "Come down in 20 minutes, Armaan. We have to reach at Kapoor Mansion within an hour."

Armaan nods in response and Sonia turns around to leave, allowing his son to think in privacy. He sits on the edge of his bed and thinks over Sonia's words.

The familiar discomforting feeling captures his senses as Kavya's question haunts in his mind - Can I trust you?

He knows from the beginning, Kavya will only suffer after the marriage. Yet his selfishness and greed, made him fool her to convince for this marriage. 

Armaan takes a deep breath to control himself and murmurs, "It's too late now. I can't call off the marriage at this point. I have to do this."

Armaan closes his eyes to compose himself and stands to wear his red mojari (shoes). He takes a deep breath and walks out of the room.

Living Room, Raichand Mansion

Armaan takes his seat on a couch and a priest stands next to him. Entire Raichand Family and relatives are present for the sehra (turban) ceremony of Armaan.

Yash is wearing a designer golden sherwani which has diamond work at the front and sleeves.

As the ceremony progresses, the priest calls Yash for wrapping the turban around Armaan's head. Then he attaches the long pearl strings, which covers Armaan's face.

Though Armaan doesn't pay much attention to his surroundings as Kavya's thought keeps him engaged.

He thinks, 'I won't keep Kavya in darkness anymore. After we reach Mumbai, I will confess the truth.'

The priest announces the completion of the ritual, grabbing his attention and he finds everyone smiling at him. He forces a smile in return and Yash asks everyone to start proceeding to the exit for the wedding venue which is Kapoor Mansion.

Entrance of Kapoor Mansion

Armaan arrives at Kapoor Mansion with his parents in a white car, decorated with assorted red flowers and golden ribbon.

They make their way towards the entrance of the Mansion followed by his relatives and friends.

They find Myra, Nimrit and Ranveer are standing with other relatives for their welcome.

Ranveer is wearing a designer beige sherwani with golden and diamond work. Nimrit is wearing a designer dark pink and golden saree. While Myra is wearing a peach and golden lehenga.

Yash gestures Armaan to walk ahead and Nimrit takes an aarti thal (tray) from one of the relative, standing behind. The aarti thal has a diya with vermilion powder, raw rice and rose petals.

Armaan lifts the strings of the sehra for a clear view. He stops after two steps and frowns in confusion, seeing a red ribbon tied from one side of the Mansion door to the other.

But Yash gestures him to move ahead and informs it is a ritual. Armaan nods and keeps walking.

Armaan stands in front of Nimrit with his parents at both sides and relatives behind.

The ribbon is now between the Raichand Family and Kapoor Family.

Nimrit applies vermilion powder on Armaan's forehead and sprinkles raw rice with rose petals on his head. She rotates the aarti thal in front of him.

Nimrit moves back and Myra takes her place in front of Armaan with a large tray in hand. She grins at Armaan and he returns the favour with a polite smile.

Then he glances at the tray in her hand, which has six red silk clothes covering something under them. The clothes are kept in two rows of three each.

Myra asks with a mischievous glint in her eyes, "Jiju, what were you thinking? You will come here, marry my Didu and take her away? So convenient, right?"

Everyone chuckles at her sarcastic comment and Armaan smiles at her.

Myra informs, "Well, for your kind information, it is not so convenient. You have to give a test for marrying my Didu."

Armaan frowns and Myra lift the tray for him to see it clearly, then lowers it back.

Myra explains, "As you can see we have this ribbon here, which is blocking your way and you will need scissors to cut it. I have kept the scissor under one of the red cloth so you need to find....but."

Myra smirks, making Armaan's frown deeper, and she informs, "But you get only three chances. If you failed to find the scissor, then you can't marry Didu and you have to go back home ALONE."

Everyone laughs, while Nimrit shakes her head in disbelief hearing her naughty daughter's words. But Nirav, Armaan's cousin, steps closer.

He states with confidence, "Oh hello, Bro is not going home alone. He will find the scissor in single attempt."

Myra challenges, "Oh yeah! Find."

Myra lifts the tray and Nirav gestures Armaan to find. He observes the clothes and lifts the nearest cloth on his left side.

He receives a smiley ball instead of scissor.

Myra teases Armaan, Nirav and his other cousins by showing her tongue.

But his other cousin Raman encourages Armaan, "Don't worry we have two more chances. Come on Armaan, you can do this for Kavya bhabhi."

Everyone cheers for Armaan and he picks the cloth in the middle, towards Myra. 

But he gets an apple.

Myra teases Armaan, "Jiju you are going to fail. So take this apple, go home and eat. We are keeping Didu with us."

The Kapoor Family laughs at her words. But Nimrit scolds Myra, who gets defended by Ranveer, who is enjoying the scene with other relatives.

Raichand Family encourages Armaan again, who pics the next cloth to the earlier he picked.

Everyone claps as they see a pair of golden scissor.

Armaan grabs the scissor and announces with arrogance, "I won."

Armaan moves to cut the ribbon but Myra stops him. He looks at her with confusion as she forwards her empty hand.

Sonia smiles and gives Armaan a small gift wrapped in golden paper with an envelope of cash. Armaan understands and grabs it. He hands it over to Myra, who grabs her nek (prize) with a grin.

Armaan cuts the ribbon and Ranveer along with Nimrit welcomes him and the Raichand Family inside.

Living Room, Kapoor Mansion

The Wedding will be conducted in the living room of the Mansion. The entire room is decorated in golden and red theme.

There are four golden pillars fixed in a square to create a mandap (gazebo). At the middle, a havan kund (a V shaped vessel for sacrificial fire) is placed.

There are sitting arrangements at one side for the priest, at second side for the bride and groom, at third side for the bride's parents and last end for the groom's parents.

For the rest of the relatives and guest, couches and chairs are placed surrounding the mandap for their sitting.

Ranveer takes Armaan to the mandap, and the Priest asks Armaan to sit on the left side. The priest starts chanting mantra (sacred utterance), taking Armaan's name.

At the sacred time, the priest asks Ranveer to call the bride. Armaan freezes at the mention of Kavya's name as the discomforting feeling overpowers his senses.

But he clears his throat and takes a deep breath to ease the havoc in him. He hears murmuring from the guests and find them, staring at the right.

Armaan turns his gaze in the same direction and his heart skips a beat to find Kavya at the staircase.

She is wearing a golden and red designer bridal lehenga. Her hairs are tied in a bun, covered with a designer red dupatta and her gaze is lowered, revealing her red eye make-up. The faint pink blush on her cheeks and red lips with the antique gold jewellery completes her royal look.

Armaan fails to shift his gaze from his breathtakingly gorgeous bride. His eyes roam from top to bottom and soon settles on her face, unintentionally​ craving to see her eyes.

While Myra and Ruhi help Kavya to descend the stairs by holding her heavy lehenga. Ruhi is wearing a golden lehenga with golden jewellery and natural make-up.

Kavya's heart beats faster as she nears the mandap where Armaan is sitting. She can sense Armaan's intense gaze on her, but she didn't dare to raise her eyelids to face him. 

She clenches her fist to control her raising heartbeats as she feels the excitement and nervousness at the same time.

Myra whispers into Kavya's ear, "Didu, from 6 weeks you were dying to meet him and now you are not even looking at Jiju. Come on look at him, he is looking handsome."

Ruhi whispers, "I agree girl, stop blushing and look at him."

But Kavya fails to gather the courage and denies in a whisper, "No."

The girls roll their eyes and continue to escort Kavya till the mandap.

The priest asks Armaan to stand, who is busy staring at Kavya and doesn't listen. Yash smirks and places his hand over Armaan's shoulder.

Armaan turns his head to face Yash, who informs, "The priest is asking you to stand Armaan."

Armaan clears his throat to compose himself and raises to his feet. He glances at Kavya's direction and finds her walking closer with Ranveer's help now.

Once Kavya halts at her position, which is at Armaan's right. They stand facing each other, but Kavya's eyes are still fixed on the floor in shyness.

Payal, Armaan's cousin, walks closer with two garlands and the priest asks the couple to exchange them. Kavya and Armaan nod, and grab one garland from Payal's hold.

Kavya gathers the courage and lifts her gaze to look at Armaan, making their eyes connect. The happiness to meet Armaan after 6 weeks reflects in her eyes, which doesn't go unnoticed by him.

Her lips curl up to a smile, increasing the glow on her face and making her more beautiful. Armaan fails to stop himself from staring at the beauty in front of him and they keep staring at each other.

But their sweet moment is disturbed by many fake coughing from their cousins and friends.

Nirav steps closer and suggests in a teasing tone, "Bro, why don't you finish off the wedding soon and free us. So you and Bhabhi can have the cute eye-locks in private without disturbance."

Everyone laughs, making Kavya blush Armaan glares at Nirav who mouths a 'Sorry' and steps back.

The Priest asks Kavya to initiate the exchange of garlands. So, she lifts the garland and moves her hands forward, only to stop as Nirav pulls Armaan back.

He teases Kavya, "Why so eager Bhabhi?"

Armaan glances at Kavya's sad face and didn't prefer the sight. He craves to see the smile, which he saw a few second back and unknowingly moves closer. He bends to allow her to slide the garland through his neck.

Armaan's cousins try to stop him by pulling him back, but he didn't budge. Kavya smiles and makes him wear the garland.

Armaan then lifts the garland for Kavya to wear but her cousin brothers rush forward and lift her on their shoulders. Armaan has to crane his neck up to see Kavya.

Kavya's cousin Manish teases Armaan, "Jiju we won't let you reach Kavya."

Armaan glares at him, but Manish ignores and all of Kavya's cousin, including Myra and Ruhi start teasing Armaan. 

Nirav places his hand over Armaan's shoulder and assures, "Don't worry, you have us."

Nirav glances at his other cousins and they nod while moving closer. They lift Armaan on their shoulders and now Armaan and Kavya are at the same level.

Armaan stretches his arms to make Kavya wear the garland, but her cousins step back. Armaan's cousin step ahead, but Kavya's cousin step on their left to not allow Armaan to reach Kavya.

Nirav shouts who has Armaan over his left shoulder, "Bro, you are damn heavy. What did you eat in the morning....an elephant? For God's sake, put the garland on Bhabhi or else I will die unmarried."

Everyone laughs at his comment, making Armaan angry. He leans forward, stretching his arms and throws the garland to slide through Kavya's neck.

Everyone clap and cheers for the couple. While Armaan and Kavya are brought back to stand on their feet.

The priest asks Kavya to sit on the right side of Armaan. Ranveer and Nimrit take their seats at the right of the couple whereas Sonia and Yash take their seats opposite to them. Myra and Ruhi sit behind Ranveer and Nimrit.

Then the priest starts chanting some mantra. He asks Ranveer and Nimrit to stand for the Kanyadaan ritual.

Priest explains the ritual to the couple, "Ranveer and Nimrit will give Kavya's complete responsibility to you, Armaan. This indicates, Kavya gets the freedom from her parents to marry you and enter your family."

His words make Armaan nervous for the first time in his life. He watches Ranveer and Nimrit taking Kavya's hand and placing it over his right hand. 

The priest chants some mantra, while sprinkling flower petals and asks Ranveer and him to repeat a few mantra.

Armaan repeats, while staring their connected hands and feels a strong responsibility on his shoulder. His subconscious yells to withdraw as he won't be performing the duties as mentioned in the mantras.

His attention is earned by Ranveer, who places his hand over his shoulder and states, "I am giving my first princess to you, Armaan. So, take good care of her and keep her happy."

Shutting his subconscious, Armaan nods and promises, "I will."

Ranveer and Nimrit take their previous seats and the priest continues to chant mantras. The priest lit the sacred fire in the havan kund while chanting some mantra.

The next ritual is Gatbandhan. The priest asks one of Armaan's sister to perform this ritual. So, Sonia gestures Payal to tie the ends of Kavya and Armaan's dupatta. 

She obeys and ties them together in a strong knot. This knot resembles the strength of their relationship.

The priest continues to chant mantras and everyone pays attention, except Armaan, who glances at Kavya's direction. He keeps staring at her, oblivious of his surroundings.

Kavya feels his intense gaze on her and turns in his direction, making their eyes meet. She smiles at him and he can observe the happiness, reflecting in her eyes. 

However, his thoughts subsides as he fails to stop himself from returning the smile. They keep staring at each other with a smile lacing their lips.

Armaan didn't know what to say or do, so he ends up greeting her in a low voice, "Hi."

Kavya looks at him in surprise, still replies in a low voice, "Hi."

He asks again, "How are you?"

Unable to understand the intentions of his question at this time, she replies in a doubtful tone, "Fine, I guess."

Armaan comments with a smile, "Good."

They keep staring at each other in silence, but soon their moment is disturbed when the priest asks Kavya and Armaan to stand for saath phere (seven rounds).

This breaks their eye-lock and they find their parents staring at them with a loving smile. Armaan looks away and raises to his feet. While Kavya lowers her gaze in shyness and stands with Myra and Ruhi's help.

Everyone stand and take flower petals in hand for showering on Kavya and Armaan as they take the phere. This shows they are wishing and praying for their happy married life.

The priest instructs them to take the phere around the sacred fire where first Armaan will lead and Kavya will follow him.

The priest even informs the couple to pay attention when he chants the mantra and try to fulfil those duties in their married life. The couple nods in understanding and starts taking the phere.

In the first round or phera, through the mantra, the couple prays to God for plenty of nourishing and pure food.

Kavya promises to fulfil her culinary duties while Armaan promises to give Kavya rights over his Mansion, including kitchen.

In the second round or phera, through the mantra, the couple prays to God for a healthy and prosperous life. They pray for good physical, spiritual and mental health.

Armaan promises to never compromise with Kavya's health while Kavya prays to never let Armaan get any health problems and promises to take care of his health each day.

In the third round or phera, through the mantra, the couple prays to God for enough wealth. They even ask for the strength for both of them, so they can share the happiness and pain together.

Armaan promises to take care of Kavya's needs and demands to keep her happy while Kavya promises to be his strength in every phase of the life.

In the fourth round or phera, through the mantra, the couple prays to God for the increase in love and respect for each other and their respective families.

At the mention of love, Armaan lowers his gaze, still promises to respect Kavya and her family while Kavya promises to love and respect Armaan and his family.

The priest then asks Kavya to move ahead of Armaan to lead and Armaan to follow. 

In the fifth round or phera, through the mantra, the bride and groom together, pray for beautiful, heroic and noble children from God.

The mention of kids makes Kavya happy and she prays for a happy family, but Armaan ignores this vow, unsure of how to react to this.

In the sixth round or phera, through the mantra, the couple asks for peaceful long life with each other.

Kavya promises to reduce Armaan's sadness and increase his happiness while Armaan promises to keep Kavya happy.

In the seventh round or phera, through the mantra, the couple prays to god for companionship, togetherness, loyalty and understanding between themselves. They ask to make them friends and give the maturity to carry out the friendship for a lifetime. 

Armaan again didn't know, how to react to this vow, but Kavya promises to be his friend, wife and partner throughout her life with loyalty and never leave his side.

After the last phera, Kavya and Armaan take their seats back. The priest forwards a thal (tray) which has a small pot of kumkum (vermillion) and Mangalsutra (a type of necklace for married females).

The priest asks Armaan to take kumkum first and obeying the priest, Armaan takes a pinch of kumkum. Myra comes closer to shift Kavya's mangtikka (An ornament for forehead) and Armaan fills the powder from her forehead till the partition in her scalp.

Then he takes the Mangalsutra and wraps it around Kavya's neck and joins the end to lock it.

Kavya smiles at Armaan, who smiles back without even realising and drowns in her content eyes.

The priest announces them as Husband and Wife, as Mr. & Mrs. Raichand.

*************

That's all for now.....will update next part as soon as possible.....hope you liked this part, do give your reviews...till then Keep Smiling and Take Care

My contact details:

Wattpad Profile - @WriterAnisha_2307
Email- sweetyanisha2307@gmail.com
Hangout- sweetyanisha2307@gmail.com
Facebook - Anisha (Link - https://www.facebook.com/worldofanisha)
Twitter - worldofanisha
Instagram- Anisha_23_07

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

235K 14.2K 67
"You can try all you want to make him love you, Anika but he will never love you. Because he has given his heart to me along ago." She said looking a...
31.7K 1.7K 41
𝓡𝓪𝓷𝓲 𝓢𝓪: 𝓣𝓱𝓮 𝓡𝓪𝓽𝓱𝓸𝓻𝓮 𝓠𝓾𝓮𝓮𝓷 𝒶 𝓈𝒶𝓰𝒶 ℴ𝒻 𝓉𝓇𝓊𝓈𝓉 𝒶𝓂𝒹 𝒷ℯ𝓉𝓇𝒶𝓎𝒶𝓁 What happens when two people with t...
12.3K 415 41
this story tells u about how a unwanted marriage turns into a beautiful romantic CHIRAG RAWAL ...a heartless doctor , i mean he is rude to other but...
4.2K 739 17
**Keshavi Mishra × Arjun Sharma** Keshavi who is suffering from her insecurities and have trust issues towards men because of some...