The Ghost of The Bo Tree

By DancingDracula

Lei- an orphan, led a painful life among cold, uncaring caretakers. Until she found a strange guardian in The... More

THE FARM
THE BO TREE
THE FIRE
HIS MARK
SUPERMARKET
THE BURN
THE SEVENTEENTH
HER GHOST
NERO
HIS DEAREST WARD

LEI

66 3 0
By DancingDracula

Over the years, she learnt that there were a lot of ways she could spell her name.

1. Leah- From the Hebrew name (Le'ah) which was probably derived from the Hebrew word (le'ah) meaning "weary".

2. Lai- From the name of a state called Lai in ancient China. Descendants of the ruling class of this state adopted its name as their surname.

3. Leyh- According to her friend, Tonya's, indisputable knowledge. Absolutely meaningless.

As a young girl of twelve, with access to nothing but the school library's hole-in-corner books, she did whatever she could to dig into the meaning of all these names but none could meet up to the highly noble ancestry she had fancied for herself. And so she fell back to using the word 'Leh', until she could come across something appropriate and fitting.

She wouldn't- until four years later.

This confusion would never have bothered her, she would have accepted anything that her father said was correct or her mother said should go down on her name slips in school. She would have been just as fine with Leah as she would have been with Cat or Rat, had they only been there to tell her.

But they hadn't, so she guessed that was a fight she'd have to learn to fight on her own- the identity hunt.

But that was one fight she didn't have to fight on her own. When she died that night under the Bo tree and he first took her hand into his own and wrote on it three simple letters, she knew that had to be it.

'Lei,' he had whispered, 'like a soft wreath of flowers,'

He wrote on her arm, and Lei knew that this had to be it- not because its meaning was something spectacular, but because he had given a whole new meaning to the word.

L-E-I

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

37.9K 2.1K 58
Long ago Riders worked hard to protect the kingdoms of Alenshia, a place filled with magic and power, and keep it well organized. Long ago these Ride...
4.4K 89 11
Yn Swan and her adventure with her mates, the Salvatores, Mikaelsons and the Gerald Tvd x tw x hp Crossover I dont have any rights on the vampire di...
8.3K 346 20
Slow updates because of school:(( 𝑾𝒂𝒔 𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒔 𝒋𝒖𝒔𝒕 𝒂 𝒏𝒊𝒈𝒉𝒕𝒎𝒂𝒓𝒆 𝒎𝒂𝒅𝒆 𝒖𝒑 𝒃𝒚 𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒊𝒓 𝒎𝒆𝒔𝒔𝒆𝒅 𝒖𝒑 𝒎𝒊𝒏𝒅𝒔? 𝑻𝒉𝒆�...
3M 151K 57
Book three of the Forgotten series ~ Weakness is not allowed in the Mountain packs. Living in the mountains, away from civilization and away f...