His Prisoner

By Lixxyy19

Jack Morgan has been a friend of my parents for years. That is until they died when I was fifteen. Jack took... More

Prologue
His Beautiful Eyes [1]
Hormones My Arse! [2]
This Is My House [3]
The Wolf [4]
Heartbeat [5]
Panic [6]
Chase The Giant [7]
The Button Problem [8]
Strangers That Care [9]
Teaching Him A Lesson [10]
To A New Start [11]
Looking Into The Past [12]
Playful Mornings [13]
Eliot's Surprise [14]
The Drunken Truth [15]
Werewolves Are Real [16]
I Can Live With It [17]
Love And Heartbreak [18]
Author's Apologies
Revelations [19]
The Truth Hurts [20]
Getting Back To Normal [21]
You're The Wolf [22]
The Note [24]
Where We Stand [25]
Meeting The Family [26]
Motherly Love [27]
20-Week Scan [28]
His Devastation [29]
Her Devastation [30]
I'm Leaving [31]
Jack Is Back [32]
He Has A Mate?! [33]
Missing Meredith [34]
Now A Rogue [35]
Sarah Adams In The Flesh [36]
So, This Is Carter? [37]
Christmas With Family [38]
Heart To Heart [39]
For Them. [40]
Epilogue

Girl Or Boy? [23]

14.8K 491 65
By Lixxyy19

Meredith

Emily and I are in my bedroom both eating out of a tub of Ben & Jerry's ice-cream and talking about what happened earlier in the kitchen with Eliot and I. Well, Emily is trying to talk about it, I'm trying to avoid the whole conversation.

"Come on Mer, I saw you smooching him in the middle of the kitchen! How did that happen?"

I groan while shoving a huge spoonful of ice-cream in my mouth to avoid answering her. I am not saying a word about it. It's weird. I've never had someone to talk to about stuff like this so it's a new thing for me. 

"Pleeeeease?

"This is weird Em." I point my spoon at her and pull a face.

"No, it's not! This is our girl time where we talk about boys and sex and shopping and-"

"Eww, OK I get it!"

Emily giggles and snatches the spoon from me before scooping out a big spoonful of ice-cream to eat. 

"I don't know why you're eww-ing. You're pregnant Missy, how do you think you got there?"

I roll my eyes before grabbing a pillow to smother myself with. I fall backwards onto my bed groaning as she grabs the pillow and throws it on the floor out of my reach. I huff and sit up with crossed arms. Emily smiles sweetly in return. I narrow my eyes.

"Ugh fine! I'll tell you."

"Yes! OK so from the beginning. Did you meet gazes from across the room and then the sexual tension started to rise..."

"Sexual tension?" I snort laughing. 

"Yes! You two have that whole sexual connection going on from the day you met."

"How would you know? You weren't there when I met him."

"Oh, but sweetie, it's obvious."

I tilt my head to the side looking at Em as I think about what she's said. I still remember the first time I locked eyes with Eliot. I can't lie. I was completely mesmerised by him and his beautiful blue eyes. He just had an aura about him that shone with confidence and power but also kindness. Sometimes, you can just tell the type of person someone is. Eliot is definitely a kind person. 

Although, I didn't realise he was there to buy my house or that he was a werewolf. But that's beside the point. I haven't stopped thinking about that gorgeous man since the moment I laid eyes on him.

So maybe Emily is right. We have a connection. I'm not so sure on the sexual part but definitely a connection. 

"Do you want to know what happened or not?" I finally say.

"Of course I do. Tell me, woman!" Em demands, moving the ice-cream aside and scooting closer to me. 

"Well, I found him in the kitchen this morning talking on the phone. I waited patiently for him to finish his conversation but he did notice me standing in the doorway. I realised that you and Chase weren't there and then I started thinking about my one-sided relationship with Jack-"

"Get to the good part." Em motions with her hands for me to hurry up.

"You wanted the full story."

"I'm impatient. I just want to know how you ended up kissing."

"OK, I was staring at his gorgeous eyes and how I seem to see them everywhere when it dawned on me that he was the wolf I saw. I never made the connection before since you guys told me you're werewolves. I was a little pissed at him about it but then he said this long cute speech about how he just wanted to protect me and how he's been mesmerised by me ever since we met and yeah..."

Emily stares at me with unblinking eyes, her chin resting on her clasped hands and sitting so close to me that our knees are touching.

"And...?" 

I shrug.

"And we kissed."

Emily frowns and sits up straight.

"That's it? You kissed?"

"A few times...?" 

"Noooo! That's not how you tell it. Where's the part about you confessing your love and staring lovingly into each other's eyes as you slowly lean in and your lips touch with a breathtaking spark?"

I raise an eyebrow at her. She's been reading too many romance novels. 

"Don't you think it's a little early to be talking about the 'L' word anyway?" I say as I grab the discarded and now nearly melted ice-cream and take a bite.

Emily scoffs with a wave of her hand.

"You're mates. Love doesn't describe how you'll feel. It's a totally different and powerful emotion. Pretty hard to describe, to be honest." Em takes the ice-cream from me causing me to pout in her direction.

"I was eating that."

"Too much ice-cream is bad for my niece."

I smile softly. 

"Your niece?" I question quietly.

Em looks up from the tub of ice-cream in confusion.

"Yeah, you know that baby that's growing in your belly? My niece."

I lean forward and hug her, careful of the ice-cream in her hand. It warms my heart to know that my child will have people around that love him/her just as much as I do.

"Whoa!  Watch the precious ice-cream mummy!" I laugh sniffing quietly.

"I'm so happy you feel that way." I whisper in her ear hugging her tighter.

"Are you crying?"

"No." I sniffle again as a few tears fall down my cheeks.

"Aw Mer, don't cry."

Em must put the ice-cream down as she suddenly wraps her arms around me, returning the hug. I feel her rub my back comfortingly while I cry into her shoulder.

"It's just nice to hear you refer to the baby as your niece."

Em laughs softly.

"You know I love you and I definitely love that little baby you're growing."

"So you think it's a girl?" I ask her. Em pulls away from the hug grinning brightly.

"Yep. A little girl who I can take clothes shopping and do her hair in cute styles. She'll look just like her beautiful mummy." Em whispers the last part as she wipes the tears from my cheeks. 

"Thank you." Emily kisses my cheek.

"No problem."

*

It's later in the day when the topic of the baby's gender comes up again. We're all sitting at the dining table eating dinner when Emily refers to the baby being a girl.

"Chase Hudson! Don't you dare feed my niece that raw fish!" It's actually sushi that Emily is referring to. 

It's Chase's turn to cook dinner tonight and he decided on sushi. Personally, I hate the thought of eating raw fish, it just screams food poisoning. I know logically and through many people eating it that it's safe but I've never had the courage to try it. 

"Your niece?" Chase questions as he looks down at me and then back to Emily.

"I don't even like sushi." I murmur.

"Yes, my niece! She can't eat sushi!"

"Wait, who is your niece?" Eliot cuts in looking at me with confusion. I just smile brightly.

Emily points to my belly.

"That is my niece and if you even touch her mummy's plate with that raw crap then I'll throw it at you."

I watch in amusement as Chase's eyes widen dramatically and he moves the dish of sushi away from me. Emily watches him with hawk eyes until he places it down on the kitchen counter far away from me. I have to bite my lip to prevent a sudden outburst of laughter. Chase and Emily can be very entertaining.

"Good boy. Now I'm going to make her something else. Didn't you know pregnant women can't eat sushi or any raw fish for that matter?"

"Um no." Chase smiles sheepishly at me. I just shrug. It isn't his fault, I wouldn't really expect him to know that.

"Men. Honestly." Em throws her hands up in the air with a shake of her head before moving over to the fridge.

"So you think it's a girl?" Chase asks her as he sits down at the table next to me.

"I know it's a girl."

"Hm... maybe."

Emily turns towards him with a raised eyebrow.

"You don't think so?" She asks curiously.

"I don't know. I haven't decided yet." He shrugs in reply. 

"What about you Mer?"

I look over at Emily, who's now cooking me fresh chicken with vegetables and new potatoes, and also shrug in reply to her question.

"I'm not sure either. As long as he or she is healthy, I don't have a preference."

"Eliot?"

Eliot glances up from his plate of sushi, frowning slightly.

"What?"

My smile slowly vanishes at the expression on his face. He doesn't look like he was paying attention to our conversation at all. In fact, he looks a little annoyed about something.

"You OK?" I coax, hoping he'll tell me what's on his mind.

"I'm fine. What were you saying?" Now it's my turn to frown. 

Is it just me or is he avoiding answering me honestly? 

"We were discussing the gender of the baby. I think it's a girl, Chase and Mer aren't sure, what about you?" Em explains from the kitchen. 

"Oh. I don't know. I haven't really thought about it." He just brushes it off and goes back to staring at his plate. 

Em's puzzled expression matches my own when I meet her eye. 

"What?" Em mouths to me silently.

"Oh come on man, you must have." Chase encourages as he leans forward in his seat.

"Not really." Eliot mumbles at his plate.

He cannot be serious right now. I stare at Emily with pleading eyes. What is going on with him?

Emily moves from the kitchen into the dining room, setting down a plate of food for me in the process before sitting down opposite Chase. She nods slightly over in my direction and picks up her chopsticks. 

"Not even a little bit? I'm already planning what colour to paint the nursery and all the cute little baby grows I can buy for her."

"Yeah,  I mean I don't know what the gender is yet but I'm kind of hoping it's a boy. Sorry babe." Chase winks at Em and she smiles shaking her head.

"I just haven't thought about it yet alright?!" He snaps before getting up and storming from the room. 

The table is silent as I gawk at his retreating figure with my fork dangling from my fingers. It takes me a few moments to shake off my shock and I turn to Emily and Chase with a scrunched up face of confusion.

"What the hell was that?" 

Emily shakes her head with a sad expression. Chase looks as confused as I feel. 

"Maybe he just has something on his mind." Emily supplies weakly.

She could be right. But why did that thought give me a bad feeling?

A very bad feeling. 

[ Hello everyone. I know it's been waaaayy over a month since I last updated and I can't apologise enough. I've just been so busy with Uni, I haven't really had a chance to write. I am really sorry. I did promise to update regularly which I've failed to do so I apologise. But I have study week this week coming so if I have the chance then I'll update again :) I hope you enjoy this chapter if you're still reading my book. Vote & Comment Please! Let me know your thoughts and feelings -x- ]

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.7K 381 17
His family had thrown him away as a baby. Packs despised him. Alpha's used him. It wasn't his fault that he didn't shift to a wolf. He had the gene's...
104K 3.3K 26
Being a Human and Werewolf is not that hard as it seems. Well, that is what my mother said. My life is not what it seems is not normal is very compl...
194K 6.3K 23
The rules were simple, every full moon, omegas and alphas would gather and they would find their mates. So... How did I get unlucky enough to fall in...
124 11 10
My name, is May Stone. I'm the only daughter of Jason and Emma Watson Stone, the Beta family of White Fang pack. The one and only pack that belongs t...