Not A Damsel in Distress

By WriterAnisha_2307

Previously titled as Arrogant's Smart Wife. ..... Abandoned on the next day of Marriage, Kavya is forced to l... More

Introduction
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty One
Chapter Thirty Two
Chapter Thirty Three
Chapter Thirty Four
Chapter Thirty Five
Chapter Thirty Six
Chapter Thirty Seven
Chapter Thirty Eight
Chapter Thirty Nine
Chapter Fourty
Chapter Fourty One
Chapter Fourty Two
Chapter Fourty Three
Chapter Fourty Four
Chapter Fourty Five
Chapter Fourty Six
Chapter Fourty Seven
Chapter Fourty Eight
Chapter Fourty Nine
Chapter Fifty
Chapter Fifty One
Chapter Fifty Two
Chapter Fifty Three
Chapter Fifty Four
Chapter Fifty Five
Chapter Fifty Six
Chapter Fifty Seven
Chapter Fifty Eight
Chapter Fifty Nine
Chapter Sixty
Chapter Sixty One
Chapter Sixty Two
Chapter Sixty Three
Chapter Sixty Four
Part Sixty Five: Their Unconditional Love
Part 66: The Raichands'
Bonus Part 1: Honeymoon Preparation
Bonus Part 2: Honeymoon - 1
Bonus Part 3: Honeymoon - 2

Chapter Eleven

24K 1.3K 115
By WriterAnisha_2307

Next Morning

Penthouse, RGC Office, Mumbai

At 8 am, Rihan paces in the balcony of the bedroom, taking a glimpse of the sleeping Armaan through the glass window on a regular interval.

He failed to catch a nap last night. His mind stays clouded with Kavya's confession of love and Armaan's confession that he doesn't care for her.

He murmurs, "One, Armaan is angry at his father. Two, Armaan hates his father for threatening him to marry Kavya. Three, Armaan doesn't care for her. And now four, KAVYA LOVES ARMAAN. This is so messed up."

Rihan faces the sky and mentally processes the situation to find a solution. He knew Armaan didn't hear Kavya's confession last night.

Plus, he is positive, Kavya was drunk as well because she confessed her love and disconnected the call.

Though it gave none relief to him as this creates fear in his senses because if Kavya ever confessed her love to Armaan, then she will learn, he has no emotions towards her. It will worsen the situation and kill the chance of acceptance of this relationship by Armaan.

Kavya will be heartbroken and Armaan will not be entirely at fault because he is blackmailed to impress and marry her.

Rihan's concern has shifted from Armaan to Kavya now, as the marriage was nearing and he can notice, her expectations building.

Rihan is well aware Armaan isn't ready for accepting Kavya in his life nor this marriage. He even knew, Armaan will not try to change his opinion now, as his sole focus will be on RGC, whose reputation is affected after two project loss.

Rihan can predict the future and was hoping to change it, otherwise Kavya will be the only person who will be hurt the most.

His chain of thoughts gets an abrupt halt when he hears a ringtone. He turns around and notices Armaan waking up due to his phone ringing.

Rihan enters the bedroom and rushes to grab the phone before Armaan wakes up. Though Armaan takes the mobile first and answers the call with his eyes still shut.

Armaan's eyebrow furrows and suddenly his eyes open, then he sits up straight.

He barks on the phone, "What do you mean by 6 employees have given their resignations?"

Rihan's eyes widen at the shocking news and Armaan pushes the duvet away to stand.

Armaan yells at the caller, "Fine, if they think their career will be ruined by working in RGC, they can leave. Approve their resignations, clear their dues and throw them out."

Rihan rubs his face in frustration, realising the situation is turning even worse than it seemed yesterday.

Armaan barks on the phone, "I don't give a damn for anyone. I am capable enough to work alone."

This grabs Rihan's attention, and he watches an angry Armaan, throwing his phone on the bed in frustration.

Armaan moves towards the washroom, only to stop when his eyes land on Rihan and he demands, "Even you want to give a resignation?"

Before Rihan can react, Armaan assures, "Don't worry, I won't take back the penthouse that was a personal gift, it has no connection with your job."

Behind the anger, Rihan senses the panic and fear in Armaan's eyes, which makes him push away his previous thoughts for Kavya.

He walks closer and instructs, "Take a hot shower and burn away those negative thoughts. Come down to the office, I will keep black coffee ready at your desk. Then we will together, deal with the issues."

Armaan sighs in defeat and pulls Rihan for a hug. Rihan responds in an instant and pats his back in a comforting manner.

Rihan assures, "This is not the end of the world, Armaan. Every lock has a key, we only need to find it."

Armaan breaks the hug and responds with a nod, failing to express his emotions in words.

However, Rihan can understand his sadness and gives Armaan's shoulders a reassuring squeeze.

Rihan states to lighten his friend's mood, "And if we failed to find the key, then we will break the lock. What are the hammers invented for?"

His statement makes Armaan chuckle and nod in response. Rihan gestures towards the washroom door and Armaan obeys by making his way towards the washroom.

Rihan speaks to himself, "I am sorry Ms. Kavya, but Armaan is too disturbed to listen to me in your matter. I am sorry."

Ruhi's Apartment, Delhi

At 11 am, Kavya wakes up due to the bright sun rays falling on her face, through the window. She moves her left hand to cover her eyes and right hand to rub her temples, feeling a mild headache.

Taking her sweet time to gain her consciousness, she sits up and opens her eyes slowly to look at her surroundings. She finds herself in Ruhi's bedroom, on her bed, then finds Myra and Ruhi sleeping on her left. She allows them to continue sleeping and stands to make her way towards the washroom.

Splashing some cold water on her face to wash away the remaining drowsiness, Kavya walks into the living room, while patting her face dry with a napkin. However, her steps halt, when a wine bottle rotates away after colliding with her feet.

Kavya takes a brief look at the room, which is still dirty and messed up because of the party last night. There were wine and juice bottles scattered on the floor with plates of leftover snacks and cake.

She shakes her head and murmurs, "Oh dear Lord, it will take an entire day to clean up this mess."

Kavya bends to collect the wine bottle and start the cleaning work, but suddenly stops, remembering her actions from last night.

Her eyes widen in shock and the bottle slips from her hand as her jaw drops and eyes enlarges in shock.

Kavya thinks, 'What did I do? I proposed to Armaan in the drunk state. Oh God.'

She covers her mouth with her hand and straightens up, while ranting in a panic state, "What do I do? What do I do? What do I do?"

Kavya slaps her forehead gently twice and murmurs, while pacing in the room, "I am so stupid. What would Armaan be thinking of me? That he is marrying a drunkard? That she has no control over herself. He would be so disappointed with me."

She stops walking and decides, "I should call and apologise, yes, I should apologise for two reasons. First, for troubling him in this crucial time and second, for proposing in a drunk state."

She searches around for her phone and finds it above the projector. With trembling hands, she dials Armaan's number and takes a deep breath to calm herself.

However, her breath hitches when he answers the call and snaps, before she gets an opportunity to speak, "Who is it?"

Kavya is taken aback by his rudeness, which makes her more nervous and she hesitates before speaking, "Armaan...It's me....Kavya."

Armaan's Cabin, RGC Office, Mumbai

Armaan stops typing as he hears Kavya's voice and whispers with a frown, "Kavya?"

This grabs Rihan's attention, who is sitting across the desk with a few documents in hand. He watches, Armaan is taking a deep breath with closed eyes and clenching his fist over the desk.

Armaan opens his eyes and greets with a calmer, polite tone, "Hi Kavya, how are you?"

Rihan raises his eyebrows in amusement, stunned to witness the annoyed and frustrated Arrogant's change of tone within a few seconds. But soon realises, it is fake, when he reads the irritation in Armaan's eyes.

He thinks, 'Exactly my concern.'

Meanwhile Armaan hears Kavya's response, "I am fine, Armaan and I wanted to apologise for last night. I was drunk and wasn't in my senses, I didn't know what rubbish I was uttering. I-"

He frowns in confusion and interrupts her, "Last night? What are you talking about?"

Rihan tenses, hearing the words last night and concentrates more in their conversation. He hopes, Kavya doesn't confess now and wait till marriage at least.

Armaan hears Kavya's words, lacing with doubt, "You didn't receive my call last night?"

He answers with confidence, "No, I didn't receive any call last night."

Armaan faces Rihan and raises his eyebrows, wordlessly asking him if he received her call.

Rihan shakes his head in no, despite willing to discuss the matter with him. But he knows, Armaan is beyond stressed with the entire mishap in the company to deal with any other matter.

He thinks, 'I am sorry Ms. Kavya, even if I try to explain Armaan, he won't listen unless these issues are solved. But I promise, once everything is settled, I will talk with him.'

Armaan asks Kavya over the phone, "Was there a specific reason for your call?"

Ruhi's Apartment, Delhi

Kavya's eyes widen at his question and she thinks of an excuse to cover-up as she cannot share the real reason. She had planned to confess her love on the wedding night and didn't want to ruin her plan by informing now.

She makes an excuse after a moment of thinking, "I called to ask whether the culprit has been caught or not?"

She frowns, hearing a deep sigh, followed by his sad voice, "Yes, he is caught and sent to police station."

Kavya voices her doubt, "This is good news, but you seem sad. Can I know the reason?"

She hears his sad voice again, "I have lost one more important project because of him, Kavya."

Kavya's eyes widen in shock and she demands, "What? How?"

She hears his explanation, "People in the corporate world are losing trust in me, and my clients are disappointed. They think, if I am incapable of handling the important data of my own company, then how will I handle their money."

Kavya catches the hint of failure in his voice, but fails to comfort him as Armaan speaks first, "Kavya, I have ample of work, can we talk later?"

She replies, "Sure, bye." and disconnects the call, feeling sad for Armaan's loss.

Armaan's Cabin, RGC Office, Mumbai

Armaan disconnects the call and resumes his work, only to stop again when he faces a surprised Rihan.

He demands, "What?"

Rihan voiced his amusement, "You, shared the news with her."

Armaan rolls his eyes in annoyance, while grabbing his pen to sign the papers and justifies, "If I wouldn't have shared the news, then she would have troubled me with her calls. This reason will keep her away and honestly, I don't have time for her useless chats, Rihan. My company is sinking and I have to fix the damages first."

Rihan controls the urge to yell at his friend and swallows his anger, well aware Armaan won't understand now. The passion for his work seems overpowering the guilt, which his eyes held a day back.

Armaan continues, drawing Rihan's attention, "We need to speed up our work and even find replacement for those 6 employees, who resigned this morning. Then plan a strategy for new projects. Come, the HR department is waiting for us."

Grabbing the signed papers, Armaan makes his way towards the door, though Rihan remains motionless in his seat.

He murmurs, "And here I was thinking, he shared because he cared."

Rihan shakes his head in disbelief and grabs the files, before joining Armaan in the conference room for the meeting.

After a week

Armaan's Cabin, RGC Office, Mumbai

At 7 am, Armaan takes a sip of his black coffee to kill the slumber, threatening to shut his senses. But he stays awake to finish the presentation.

He hasn't wasted a single minute in the past week and kept working hard on his existing projects. He wanted to keep his client's trust safe for which he has to serve them the promised results. So, he decided to complete the work, prior to the deadline with perfection and avoid any flaws.

Without keeping the track of time and caring for his heath, Armaan has been working to regain his reputation and the company's goodwill in the corporate world.

However, his work of damage control was disturbing Yash because Armaan has stopped contacting him.

During this week, Armaan avoided his father's calls as he is angry him. He believes if Yash wouldn't have called him to Delhi, then nothing of such sort would have happened.

Thus, his anger towards Yash and concern for RGC didn't even allow him to think of Kavya. His guilt was fading as he blamed Yash for everything in his frustration.

Rihan had sensed the same and decided to talk, but Armaan yelled at him for shifting his attention from important projects. He didn't tolerate ignorance at work and demanded perfect results from everyone.

A ringtone draws Armaan's attention to his phone and he rolls his eyes in frustration, reading Yash's name on the screen.

Nonetheless, he answers the call, while continuing his work and pressing his mobile to his ear.

Armaan snaps in annoyance, "What Dad?"

He hears Yash's voice, "Armaan when are you returning? Today we have a function and-"

Armaan interrupts by informing, "Dad, I don't have time to waste on those stupid functions. I have work and I will come directly during the wedding."

He receives Yash's loud voice in response, "Have you lost your mind? Every function is important and the Kapoor family wants a traditional wedding, so-"

Armaan cuts him off by shouting, "I don't care if the Kapoor family wants a traditional wedding. I don't give a damn for their wish or preferences. For me, my work is important."

Armaan pauses before continuing, "And thanks to you Dad, I have lost two important projects. People are laughing at my back by commenting, I couldn't keep the important data of my own company safe. Instead of worrying of the company and my reputation, you are bothered for those stupid functions?"

He hears Yash's responds in anger, "They are not stupid functions. Wedding happens once in a lifetime Armaan, so business can be taken care later. I want you back today, or else-"

Armaan interrupts by asking, "Or else what? You will take back my rights in the company? Then take it back, I don't even give a damn."

Before Yash can react, Armaan demands, "But whom will you appoint to manage the business? You don't have any loyal person, who can manage the business and your old loyalist John is responsible for the mishap. Rihan is the only loyal employee in RGC, who can manage the company. But he will only work under me, not you."

He hears his father's calmed voice, "Look Armaan-"

Armaan cuts him off by accusing, "Today, my three years of efforts are at stake, Dad. So I don't care what you do, but I will not relax, until I fix the problems. I will not allow anyone to play with me and my efforts."

Armaan announces, leaving no room for Yash to argue, "I am not backing off from this alliance. I will return 2 days before the wedding date and will leave on the next day of the wedding. That's final."

Armaan disconnects the call without waiting for a response and gulps the rest of the coffee. Then he continues his work.

After three weeks

Raichand Mansion, Delhi

At 10 am, Armaan enters the Mansion, while talking on his phone, "Rihan I will be back in three days, so make sure you have an eye on everything and keep it under control. I only trust you, so don't disappoint me."

Armaan disconnects the call after hearing "Yes" from Rihan.

Armaan disconnects the call and moves his gaze around to find the Mansion decorated with white flowers and golden lights.

At first he frowns, but soon realises the place is decorated for 'his' wedding.

Armaan makes his way towards his room, only to stop, seeing Yash walking out of the Study room.

Yash asks with anger lacing his voice, "Day after tomorrow is your wedding and you are coming now. You have disappointed me, Armaan."

Armaan rolls his eyes in annoyance and murmurs under his breath, "Say something, I haven't heard a million times already."

Yash fails to catch his words and Armaan starts walking towards his room.

Yash informs, halting Armaan's legs, "Ranveer and Nimrit are coming in 3 hours for Shagun function, clothes are in your room. Be ready."

Armaan responds with a "Fine" and moves towards his room. Yash shakes his head in disbelief, seeing his son's behaviour. He makes his way to the living room and makes a call to check with the wedding arrangements.

A lone tear escapes from Sonia's eyes, who is standing at a small distance from Yash. She heard the heated conversation between her husband and son.

She thinks, 'I knew it, yet I failed to stop Yash. How will Kavya survive this marriage with Armaan's anger at its peak?'

Sonia is well aware of Armaan's anger towards his father and frustration towards the problems at RGC. She knew, Armaan is struggling to fix the problems, which is making him ignore Kavya.

She had attempted to convince Yash for postponing the wedding, but the old man rejected her pleas. He stayed abandoned on his decision, ignoring the fact that an innocent life will be ruined.

Yash turns after disconnecting the call and faces a disheartened Sonia. He reads her eyes to know the reason, still doesn't budge.

He orders, "Ranveer and Nimrit are coming in 3 hours for the function, and relatives will start gathering soon. Dress up, Sonia."

Without waiting for a response, Yash makes his way towards the exit of the Mansion, leaving Sonia back to obey.

Three Hours Later

Ranveer, Nimrit and Myra enter the Mansion along with some close relatives dressed in Golden outfits matching the theme.

Sonia and Yash welcome them and soon Armaan arrives, descending the stairs and wearing a golden sherwani. He straight away walks to the special white couch placed in the center of the room for him.

Yash glares at Armaan for not greeting Ranveer and Nimrit. However, they didn't pay attention to his behaviour because they were busy with the arrangements to start the ritual.

During the ritual, Armaan stays expressionless and accepts every gift (shagun) offered with a formal thank you.

He doesn't even touch Ranveer and Nimrit's feet after the ritual for blessings. This makes Yash angrier on Armaan, who doesn't react to his father's glares.

After the ritual ends, Yash excuses himself from the guest and drags Armaan to a corner, away from everyone's sight.

Yash yells at Armaan "What is wrong with you? This is how you behave with your in-laws?"

Amraan corrects him with arrogance, "Not in-laws Dad, FORCED in-laws."

He emphasis on the word FORCED making Yash more angry.

He continues, "If you don't appreciate my behaviour, then call off the marriage and take back my rights from the company."

Yash glares at him, while Armaan walks closer and states, "But then Dad, how will you run this huge company? You have no loyal employees and because of aging, now you can't keep running everywhere to have a control over the management."

Yash keeps glaring as Armaan continues, "Be grateful that I am still ready for this marriage or else it will take me a minute to walk out and fly back to Mumbai, cancelling this damn wedding."

Armaan doesn't wait for a response and walks away, leaving behind an angry and helpless Yash.

Living Room, Kapoor Mansion

In the evening, Kavya is sitting on a special silver couch and wearing a royal blue sleeveless lehenga with diamond jewellery and her hairs are curled from the ends.

There are four henna artist, making beautiful henna designs on her both hands and feet. While many other artists are applying mehandi to the friends and relatives arrived for Kavya's mehandi (henna) function.

There are many ladies dancing on traditional Punjabi music, played by the senior Punjabi ladies using the classical instruments. Kavya grins, seeing Nimrit and Myra dancing with the relatives.

Kavya glances at the beautiful mehandi design on her hands. Her lips stretch to a big smile when she read Armaan's name on her palm within a heart design.

Kavya thinks, 'I can't wait anymore to meet you Armaan. Just two days and we will be together....forever.'

*************

That's all for now.....will update next part as soon as possible.....hope you liked this part, do give your reviews...till then Keep Smiling and Take Care

My contact details:

Wattpad Profile - @WriterAnisha_2307
Email- sweetyanisha2307@gmail.com
Hangout- sweetyanisha2307@gmail.com
Facebook - Anisha (Link - https://www.facebook.com/worldofanisha)
Twitter - worldofanisha
Instagram- Anisha_23_07

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

12.3K 415 41
this story tells u about how a unwanted marriage turns into a beautiful romantic CHIRAG RAWAL ...a heartless doctor , i mean he is rude to other but...
3.1K 108 18
Arnav and Kavya were two souls seemingly from different worlds, yet fate had a way of intertwining their paths in unexpected ways.
31.7K 1.7K 41
𝓡𝓪𝓷𝓲 𝓢𝓪: 𝓣𝓱𝓮 𝓡𝓪𝓽𝓱𝓸𝓻𝓮 𝓠𝓾𝓮𝓮𝓷 𝒶 𝓈𝒶𝓰𝒶 ℴ𝒻 𝓉𝓇𝓊𝓈𝓉 𝒶𝓂𝒹 𝒷ℯ𝓉𝓇𝒶𝓎𝒶𝓁 What happens when two people with t...
141K 8.3K 68
Twenty-four-year-old Kashvi Acharya doesn't want to get married. Especially when she's at the turning point of her career. She wants to work, progres...