The Prince's Escape

By yerd213

Once we are alone, he turns to me, "We need to work on your acting skills. How can a commoner be such a blood... More

Coming Soon
Chapter 1 || I'm The Bloody Prince
Chapter 2 || Now, You've Done It
Chapter 3 || Take Care Of Ashes
Chapter 4 || Over My Dead Body
Chapter 5 || Being, So Difficult
Chapter 7 || Your Royal Garments
Chapter 8 || Share Your Weight
Chapter 9|| Longing To Be Held
Chapter 10|| The Moon And The Night
Chapter 11 || You Alone Can Help
Chapter 12 || The Ability To Sleep Anywhere
Chapter 13 || I'm A Woman
Chapter 14 || Embers of A Fiery Light
Chapter 15 || Dragged By the Hounds of Hell
Chapter 16|| We Are With You
Chapter 17 || Is Ember Cold
Chapter 18 || Nasty Right-Hook
Chapter 19 || Alone In This World
Chapter 20 || This Is Not The End
Chapter 21 || Just Don't Die
Chapter 22 || Shut My Brain Off
Chapter 23 || I Need Him Safe
Chapter 24|| Overnight Destruction
Chapter 25 || Don't Cry Little Spark
Chapter 26|| No Longer A Prince
Chapter 27 || Mother Is Waiting
Chapter 28 || Swift To Be Kind
Chapter 29 || Fear & Desperation
Chapter 30 || Medically Dangerous
Chapter 31 || You Are No Princess

Chapter 6 || Into Darkness

5.2K 208 11
By yerd213

 < - - - - - - - E m b e r - - - - - - - >

Whilst Ferbius is asleep, I sneak into his collection of herbs, and grab the Aconitum. I only recently learned of its existence, but I'm fairly certain it will do the trick. I create the concoction to bring the Prince back to health, before going to work, as Ferbius would believe. How am I suppose to somehow get to the Prince? He doesn't know where to find me. What if one of the guards stops me again? I'm holding potion bottles in my hand. I look like a bloody witch! 

As I draw closer to the Castle entrance, I see the floppy brown hair of Davis. He's conversing with one of the guards, his eyes meet mine just as I'm preparing to stop. "Awe, there you are," he announces there is urgency in his voice, and he gently takes me by the arm, before making his goodbye to the guards. "Do you have the-" he stops moving his hands to indicate the herbs. I nod lost in the confusion of this ruse, and it was my plan. "Great, Luca is in his chamber. You are going to help heal him," Davis winks, seeing a group of guards walking pass us. I tried not to be taken back by the formality in which Davis spoke of his Prince. To do so is treason, but he says it with such ease as though it were his only true way to talk of the Prince. 

"Uh, yes, I have them," I reply, playing along. 

Davis suddenly huffs, "Luca's right we need to work on your acting skills. This way," he indicates, holding open the door for me. I hadn't even realized we had gone through the twist and turns of the castle. I enter quickly, only to see a very shirtless Prince. I've seen naked men before, having lived and worked with a physicians does that to you, but the Prince is not ill or deathly. He is filled with life. His body is tanned, not from hours of hard labor, but training. The muscles of his well-defined torso are on display for me to see. And I notice a small trail of hair that goes from just above his belly button to the edge of his pants. I feel the heat rising in my cheeks as I try to focus on something else. My eyes are adverted to the jagged scar on his chest. What could have caused that? Before I can give it much thought, the Prince moves towards us.

"Thank the heavens! I was beginning to think you had fled," he sighed. Gee thanks, for the boost. I shoot him a look. Although, I had thought about doing just that a few times, through the night. I am loyal to my promises. 

"I gave you my word, so for the time being, I am helping you," I reply, trying to take as much venom out of my voice as possible. The last thing I want is another fight before he takes the herb.

He stops for a moment and crosses his arms, causing his skin to strain against the muscles in his upper arms and chest. I try to ignore the movement and focus instead on his eyes that have softened only slight. "You never seize to amaze, Ember." It was the first time he used my name, but I try not to show the surprise I felt. "Right, what am I to do?" He asks, waiting for my instruction. Put on a bloody shirt!

"Go lay in bed, for once I give you the herb it will take effect rather rapidly," I inform him, taking out the deadly plant.

"I thought you said I would be fine?" He questioned, appearing worried, which was a new look for him.

I try a new approach, as I've seen Ferbius use. With some of the patients, they require all the details in order to relax. Prince Luca seems to be one of those, which makes sense seeing as I'm sure he is used to having control. In order to do this, I need to use his name, so trying to show no hesitation I go against centuries of tradition and try to do as Davis does. "Luca," I begin softly. "I'm giving you a poison that can be very deadly if given too much. I will be giving you a small dose, which will initiate the symptoms I told you about last night. Then, Davis will run to get the King, who will see for himself how you are. As soon as, he is gone I will give you the antidote, which will take effect and cure you in an hour. You will be in pain before that though," I recited, giving him the full plan that I had concocted.

Davis steps forward just then, "May I just point out that this seems a bit much?"

"But necessary," Luca nods firmly. He takes hold of Davis's hand, "Make sure she doesn't kill me," he instructs, before lifting his silk-lined sheets, and slipping into bed. Of course, his sheets are deep colors. They must come from far off lands. We are lucky to get all the dirt out of our sheets.  

"What?! Don't you trust me, Princey?" I ask, using the nickname I gave him last night, for I can tell how much he hates it.

"Not for a second," he muttered, looking to Davis once more. I found myself smirking at his words. I get it. But for just a moment he will have to.

"Are you ready?" I ask him, approaching his bed with the herbs. He closes his eyes, before nodding gently. He must really want to leave the castle to fake near death. I open the vile with the herb in it and prick a small bit. "Open your mouth," I instruct, and he follows. I sprinkle it on his tongue, before moving back. "Now, you will feel the effects very soon. Davis, start running for the King now," I order, but he is frozen, for Luca's eyes have rolled back, and although he is lying still, his face suddenly in a mask of pain.

Seeing that he still has not moved, I suddenly smack Davis on the cheek. "Now!" I call before he dashes out. I take a bowl of water and a nearby rag, and begin wiping Luca's pained face. Although, I know the effects will be over soon. I'm not heartless. I don't like seeing people in pain. It's ingrained in my every fiber from growing up with Ferbius. His fever has taken effect, as has the paralysis. A sheen layer of sweat breaks out across his face and neck. I hear faint groans escaping from his lips. His muscles tighten as though he is trying to move away from the invisible threat that has entered his body. As much as Prince Luca angers me, I do not wish death upon him. My dream is being a knight, not a murder. 

It looks like he is unable to breathe properly, so I reach forward and open in his mouth. Hoping that his lungs with fill. This shouldn't be happening.

This was a bad idea. I'm not trained enough for this. This is all happening so fast. I need to just give him the cure, and say sard it all to hell. "Luca," I call out to him, and hear the faint moan again, before I ask, "do you still want to do this?"

 < - - - - - - L u c a - - - - - - > 

The herb took control of my body, instantly, just as she had said, but I still wasn't prepared for the true effects. I feel as though invisible restraints have been created to hold me down to this spot. I can't control my body! I can't open my eyes, which is a terrifying thought alone but to actually experience it. I want to focus on that, but the fire in my head is overwhelming. This must be the fever. I have had fevers before, but this felt like death was fast approaching. 

I herd Ember scream at Davis the leave, and I tried to say something anything, but no words would form on my tongue. I was too consumed with pain to come up with a coherent word. Soon I felt a gentle cool rad run along my forehead, trying but failing to put out the fire. I know it has to be Ember. I fight to focus on her touch and feel the hope of making out of this yet. Then, suddenly, a sharp pain extracted in my abdomen, as though I am being stabbed by a dagger, and the attacker starts to twist it. I grasp for air, but little air enters my lungs. It's not enough I'm going to suffocate, just then a gust of air enters my mouth, and I gasp again.

I hear Ember talking, but I can't respond to her question, the answer is yes. I'm not going through just to have nothing in the end. I need to get out of here. "Luca," I hear her whisper close to my face. Her warm breath hitting my sweat covered face and causing a chill to move down my spine. Then, I feel something on my hand, as I realize it's her gently picking it up, and placing it in her palm. "If you this to stop now give me a sign, anything?" I don't dare gasp or moan, as I feel another dagger go through my stomach. What if she took that as the sign?

She sighs, and I can practically picture her irritation at me, even with me dying. "Where the hell is Davis?" She lets out another breath, as she grasps my hand tightly and I use that as my anchor as yet another stab hits my abdomen, and I feel a rush of nausea take over me, but I suppress it. 

She's worried, uh? I would have thought she would be the first to rejoice at my death. Perhaps, she just doesn't want to be the one that killed me, but then I feel the strength she is putting into my hand, and its as though she is physically trying to pull me out of this death without using the antidote.

Her hand suddenly disappears, and feel myself falling deeper and deeper into the pain. "Oh thank God!" She exclaims.

"What have you done to my son!" My father screams in fury. "My boy," Father whispers, suddenly inches from my face. I smell the liquor on his breath and want to recoil away from it. But then, I feel his gentle touch on my forehead and it's as though I'm that little boy again.

"He is healing, your majesty. I gave him a herb to cure him. He came down with a fever last night in the throne room and is going through the symptoms, but he is healing. He has the strong royal bloodline in him. He should be back to good health in two days," I heard, Ember state. I can't see her face, but I could tell she did a fairly good job at convincing my father, for he moves to stand as though accepting it. 

"Wait. Weren't you the mad woman from last night?" He questions suspicion in his voice.

"Yes, but I'm also the apprentice of Ferbius, and I noticed the Prince's condition last night, and I was able to treat it quickly so the effects won't be permanent."

I could hear the annoyance in her voice, probably from having to explain her actions to my father. "Right, well fix him. Your life depends on it," my father threatened before the door opened and closed. 

I want to say something or do something, but just then another dagger is added, and I feel as though I falling into the firey pits of hell surrounded by only darkness. This must be it. I am dying. I feel a cool hand on my cheek and an image of my mother enters my mind, but her voice is replaced with the strong order of Ember, "No, you're not. You are not dying!"

< - - - - - - >

Hey, fellow Bookworms!

I really hope you liked the chapter. I have revised the storyline, so it is more coherent with the chapters later in the book.

|| Picture || The image is of Prince Luca (Charlie Hunnam) as Ember would have seen him upon entering his room.

|| Music || River by Bishop Briggs

|| Fan Goodie || Just so you all know... I am currently working on a third book to the Prince/ Princess collection. It will be called The Heart of a Princess, and it will be about Arabella and Leathan's daughter! I am so excited and nervous to begin writing it! I look forward to sharing it with you in June! 

★ I would love to hear your thoughts feel free to drop a comment below. If you did enjoy the chapter, be to make my day and click that star! Thank you for reading! ★

You are loved!

Love,

Yerd213

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.6K 1K 84
"In a land of enemies and betrayal, only the strongest can survive." BOOK ONE OF THE 'QUEENS AND PAWNS' SERIES »»----- ♔ -----«« A story can begin wh...
236K 10.8K 33
****Copyrighted**** 'Tell me you don't feel it.' He whispered against my lips, and the trembling that had ceased at the feel of his lips against mine...
124K 2.9K 36
Book two of a different kind of fairy tale series (can be read as a stand-alone but I do suggest reading as a series) *His fangs came forward. "Mine...
282K 8.1K 18
The blade of my hidden knife stops just a few centimetres from the prince's warm skin of his neck. He lays there, eyes closed and rhythmic breathing...