Set Your Sails...to Neverland...

By lisajocosh

In the wake of an abrupt storm, Davina Jones is violently torn from all she holds dear, finding herself maroo... More

Prologue
Chapter 1 - Run
Chapter 2 - Never Underestimate a Pirate
Chapter 3 - The Ocean is a Pirate's Home
Chapter 4 - Secrets of Neverland
Chapter 5 - Let's Play
Chapter 6 - Fun and Faulty Games
Chapter 7 - Lost and Found
Chapter 8 - Hoist the Colours
Chapter 9 - An Opportune Moment
Chapter 10 - The Enchanted Forest
Chapter 11 - The Curse
Chapter 12 - Strange Surroundings
Chapter 13 - Once Upon A Time
Chapter 14 - One Step Closer
Chapter 15 - Secrets and Beliefs
Chapter 16 - One Year Later in Storybrooke
Chapter 17 - Breakthrough
Chapter 18 - Disrupted Plans
Chapter 19 - Advancement and Conflicts
Chapter 20 - The Return
Chapter 21 - Round Two
Chapter 22 - Alternatives
Chapter 23 - So They Meet Again
Chapter 25 - Reunited
Chapter 26 - Pan's Plans
Chapter 27 - Game Changer
Chapter 28 - Unexpected Kindness
Chapter 29 - The Penultimate Move
Chapter 30 - A Twist and a Turn
Chapter 31 - Dead Men Tell No Tales
Chapter 32 - From Villain to Hero
Chapter 33 - Arcadia
Chapter 34 - Kill or Be Killed
Epilogue - A New Adventure
Coming Soon
It's Here!

Chapter 24 - Secrets Revealed

4.6K 155 63
By lisajocosh

~ Davina

Pan's shocked face is something to frame. I wish I had my phone that's back in Storybrooke to capture it forever. He snaps out of it, and goes on to pretend like he isn't surprised by my sudden arrival at the camp.

"Davina!...How nice of you to finally join us," Pan greets.

"I thought it was about time you finally had the honour of my presence. Seeing as, well, you know, I did you a huge favour," I reply, smirking. "So, what's this new game you seem to have invented?" I ask, walking over to him.

"Target Practice. I'm sure it's right up your street, Davina," Pan says.

"I think 'right in your waters' would make more sense," I say, pulling my sword out from the tree. "Don't you?"

"Yes, I suppose it does. Well, we have something to...discuss. Boys! Get on with your duties. I have business to attend to," Pan says, quite formally as well.

He walks off down a path, and I follow. We walk for a while, before arriving in a clearing that's oddly familiar. I watch Pan, actually looking at him. His shoulders are broad and square, and his waist is slim creating a kind of v-shaped back. He has long legs, which explains why he's so much taller than me. He stops, and I have to stop instantly so I don't slam into him. Suddenly, my heart is racing and I'm nervous. Maybe waiting this long and acting so high and mighty was a bad idea. Maybe if I'd just got on with it straight away, I would have left by now. And I would have been far away from Davy Jones. Pan turns around and makes instant eye contact with me. For the first time, I notice how green his eyes are. Almost the same vibrant green as the magic of Neverland. I wonder if that's the reason for it - the magic is part of him, enhancing the colour of his eyes. Despite how devious Pan is, he has a kind face. If I could look past his actions and his mentality, I would call him Peter.

"Davina..." he begins.

"Pan," I reply, swallowing nervously.

"It's...nice to finally see you again."

I raise my eyebrows in mild surprise, "Oh really? Are you feeling okay?" I say, smirking at my playfulness.

"I'm feeling absolutely fine, Davina. How was your journey?" He answers.

"Which one?" I ask, suddenly feeling a tinge of spitefulness, replacing the nervousness. I glare at him as I wait for his response.

"Oh, that's right. You've had several journeys. Here, there, and back again. Took you a while to get back, didn't it? As you can see by the state of the island."

My anger flares up. I remember the promise I made him make before I left, "Took me a while? Of course it took me a while! I had to get to the Enchanted Forest, which, as you know, took two magic beans. Then I was taken by Regina and imprisoned for the last few days. She then cast a curse which sent everybody to a completely different land. Just before your Shadow could take me, the curse swept me up and took me to a Land Without Magic. I was there for a year finding a way to get back this Goddamned place just so you could have your bloody map! And where were you the whole time? Hm?"

"Where else would I be?" He asks, clearly oblivious to what I really mean.

"Here! Which is exactly against the promise you made me!"

"What?"

"You promised me something before I went your little errand. What was it?"

"What are you talking about?"

I bring my sword up to him, wincing slightly as the hilt presses against the Black Spot. "What was it?" I repeat through gritted teeth.

He sighs, nodding as he remembers exactly what I'm talking about, and avoids my gaze, "I promised that...I would come and get you if you got stuck or trapped anywhere."

"And you didn't," I say and drop my sword. I reach into my inside pocket. "Here's your bloody map," and I throw it at his feet.

I turn and begin to walk away. I hear Pan unroll the map. Finally, I'm rid of it. Suddenly, I feel a hand grab mine, and turn me around. I flinch because Pan's grip is directly on the spot. I snatch my hand away.

"What?"

"Thank you, Davina," he says, making eye contact.

"Yeah, well, I would say: 'my pleasure' but...it wasn't," I spit.

I turn and begin to walk away again. But he stops me.

"Davina, wait," he calls, "don't you...want something in return?"

I look at him, eyes wide. Did he really just offer that?

"I know, it sounds odd. But you obviously went to great length to get this for me. I should repay you. For this one time, I will...negotiate."

Wow. He must have really wanted this map. I have to pause and think and try to remember what I wanted to negotiate.

"I want you to leave Storybrooke and Henry, alone. I want to be free from the rule of having to stay here. I want the liberty to come and go as I please. I want my ship back. I want Hook to be free from you forever. And..." I begin, pausing to make him agitated.

"And...what?!"

"And I want to know about the waterfall and all of your Neverland secrets."

He huffs, looking at me with a frustrated expression.

"I stole from the Evil Queen and searched for a whole year just to get that map to you, I think a few simple requests are nothing," I say, reminding him of the very reason for him suggest a negotiation.

With a final sigh, "Fine. Deal," he agrees and holds out hand.

I look down at it, knowing that I can't secure my deal without shaking his hand. I return my sword to my scabbard, and place my hand in Pan's. His fingers curl around, his grip tight, and I can't help but wince. It's obvious, because Pan frowns.

"What's wrong Davina? Something I said?" He asks without releasing his grip.

"No," I say through gritted teeth.

His hand tightens slightly more, and again, I flinch.

"Are you sure?"

I snatch my hand away, holding it against my stomach in an attempt to hide it. I look down, seeing that part of the bandage had slipped out; I look up and see that Pan's seen it, and it's too late. I hastily tuck the bandage back into my glove, "I'm fine."

I try to leave, for the third time, but I can't move. Pan. I turn around to face him again and he holds out his palm in indication for me to show him. I shake my head, "There's nothing to see."

Suddenly, my glove, rings, and bandage vanish in a swirl of green smoke and I see that Pan has them in his hand. I hold my fist to my chest, trying to hide my weakness.

"Davina, if you want help then you have to show me what's wrong," Pan says, insistently holding his palm out.

"I said I'm fine."

In two strides, Pan's in front of me and he's grabbing my cursed hand with both of his. He uncurls my fingers, revealing the Black Spot.

"Davina...why do you have the Black Spot? Only certain people have this."

"Well, if you already know the answer, why ask?"

"Davina."

"Fine. Bloody hell I can't believe I'm telling you this...or even letting you help me. I...I'm indebted to Davy Jones. Something from a long time ago. He would bring back our ship if I got him the pendant to the Elixir of Life. He gave us our ship, but..." I explain, and reach into my inside pocket to show him the pendant, "...I never gave him the key."

Pan presses his eyes shut, clearly frustrated...or angry...or something with me. He clenches his jaw and takes a deep breath through his nose. I have no idea what his reaction is going to be. As I observe him, my breathing becomes shallower and quicker. He opens his eyes, anger making his eyes burn bright green.

"Why didn't you tell me about this?"

"Because...I forgot! It was so long ago...I've been free of him for over a century. You really think I'd remember something that happened that long ago?"

"Why now?"

"I don't know. Maybe it's because he found me. I've managed to hide from him but with my parents dying, travelling between lands and being here, made me careless. I knew something was going to go wrong."

Pan looks down at my hand, his thumb skimming over the curse.

"Davy Jones is the only one who can get rid of it," I say.

"The Black Spot helps him find you doesn't it?" He asks.

"Yeah..." I sigh, then realise something, "...which is why my ship was attacked. That was a warning and it killed my parents."

"It makes sense because I don't know anything about Neverland coming with a monster to stop people. If anything, Neverland — and I, for that matter — want to do everything possible to get people here. It was the Kraken."

I shake my head, tears forming in my eyes because of the frustration with myself and I don't care that Pan can see me weak, "I should have known!" I exclaim.

"Come on Davina, you can't expect to remember everything," Pan says, oddly reassuring.

"But I should have remembered that. It's Davy Jones for God's sake! It's too late now, and I doubt you can stop it," I pull my hand away and Pan passes my bandage, gloves, and rings back. "Unless you have a miracle cure for the Black Spot."

"No, but there is the waterfall."

"Oooh, Pan's finally revealing one of the most pointless secrets...exciting," I say sarcastically.

He shakes his head, trying not to laugh, "Hilarious."

"Aren't I just?"

"The waterfall is one of the strongest magical points on the island. It heals all injuries, even dreamshade. It might work, but —"

"Let's go, and then I'll get rid of the pendant!" I say a little too excitedly.

"But, there's a price."

"As always, what is it?"

"If you drink it, you can't leave. If you do, the healing effect is undone and well...you can guess what happens."

"Oh...um...well, it's one of the better options I have. I think it's about time we go back to camp. The boys have clearly forgotten everything I taught them with fighting. This damned spot won't hold me back from putting them in their place," I say, which makes Pan genuinely smile. He follows behind.

It's strange being back in the camp. Last time, the only thing I wanted to do was to get out of here, but now, I feel comfortable. I'm having fun. I refuse to let Pan continuously play his stupid tune that lured the boys here in the first place. He only wants to play it to get Henry on his feet anyway, so I get the boys to make some instruments for themselves and teach them how to play a few pirate songs, and even everyone's favourite "What Do We Do with a Drunken Sailor?". Needless to say, everyone's enjoying themselves. Even I - with help from my flask of rum - am dancing and laughing and just, relaxing. I might as well if Davy Jones is going to take me anyway. And anyway, I won't be dead. I'll be with Davy Jones for the rest of my life.

'Part of the crew, part of the ship' is the rule. It's the oath.

I finish my rum.

Most have the boys have sparked out, falling asleep where they lay or sit. Henry's still awake, and I haven't spoken to him yet. I get up from where I am and go and sit with him.

"Hey, Henry. Surprised to see me?" I say as I sit down.

"Honestly? No. I knew you'd keep your promise to protect me," he replies. I frown, "My mom told me about your promise."

"Oh, I see."

"Did you complete the deal? Your deal with Pan?"

"Yep. I negotiated too, which was surprising. In return, he promised to leave you, Storybrooke, and me alone, and to resurrect my family's ship. But I'm not so sure about the last part..."

"Why?"

I lower my voice to a whisper and indicate for Henry to turn and face away from the fire where Pan sits. We swivel on the log, and lean in so we can talk in private, "Neverland...it's dying. The magic is disappearing, and Pan won't be young for much longer. I don't know if he has enough magic to resurrect an entire ship like he used to, and—"

"No. Why did you make a deal to leave me alone? I'm going to save magic. That's why he needs me. We can't let magic die!"

"What? No, Henry, that's not—"

"You just don't believe it because he's lied to you. You didn't even believe you had magic. Sorry Davina, but I'm breaking your deal. I'm going to save magic," Henry says. He stands up and walks away.

"Henry!" I call, but it's useless.

Pan's already begun manipulating him. I sigh. How can I save Henry and keep Pan and Neverland alive? I don't know why I care...I just have this gut feeling that he, and it, has to stay. I hang my head in my hands. Everything is so complicated. And I don't know how long I have left to fix everything.

Then it all clicks.

I look at my hand. The waterfall. It might not heal the Black Spot, but if I drink it, it means I have to stay here, and if I have to stay here to stay alive, Davy Jones can't take me. I'm no use if I die. I'm the only one who knows the exact location to the Elixir. But there might not be enough magic, and Pan thinks the only way is Henry. But Neverland's magic is an hourglass.

And what do you do when time's running out in an hourglass?

You turn it.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

321 11 14
Her whole life has been about Henry, since she was four years old. She has never left his side, always protecting him, but who will protect her when...
10.3K 286 29
This is the story of how I died... or lived. I can't reveal that until the end of the story. This story is also about where I went. I was too damn ca...
163 4 6
Summary: Elena Michelle Mills is 16 years old and is a character rarely talked about. Her mom is Regina Mills, otherwise known as The Evil Queen. Her...
4.5K 155 40
"We've all heard the story of Peter Pan. The carefree hero, sworn enemy of pirates, defender of the innocent. Well, they didn't get it quite right...