He Who Weaves Nightmares | PU...

By IraCrow13

When the three gods of the dream world accidentally caused a mass homicide, their father, Erebus, decided to... More

Announcement
Dedication
Prologue
Chapter 1 - I Loathe Coffee
Chapter 2 - Teen Gaspard
Chapter 3 - A Time for Firsts
Chapter 4 - The Loveseat
Chapter 5 - Green Ice
Chapter 6 - Pop Culture
Chapter 7 - A Pillion
Chapter 8 - Big Plate
Chapter 9 - Winged Demons
Chapter 10 - The Green Eyed Monster
Chapter 11 - Acting Classes
Chapter 12 - Pangolin
Chapter 13 - Colors
Chapter 14 - Led Zep
Chapter 15 - Caramel Apology
Chapter 16 - Unicorns and Horses
Chapter 17 - Savoring Cheesecake
Chapter 18 - Whose Fairy Tale
Chapter 19 - Cognac Swing
Chapter 20 - The Sweetest Nightmare
Chapter 21 - The Shadows Return
Chapter 22 - Post Prom
Chapter 23 - MIA on Grad Day
Chapter 24 - Sealing the Tunnel
Chapter 25 - Fictitious Wings
Chapter 26 - Powder Blue
Chapter 27 - Discretionary Hours
Chapter 28 - Elysium
Chapter 29 - Once Upon a Hammock
Chapter 30 - Not an Italian Lake
Chapter 31 - Through the Narrow Strip
Chapter 32 - Psychedelic Cycladic
Chapter 34 - Aislin
Chapter 35 - Unsealing the Tunnel
Chapter 36 - Between Scylla and Charybdis (Part I)
Chapter 36 - Between Scylla and Charybdis (Part II)
Chapter 37 - Between Brothers
Chapter 38 - When We Sleep
Chapter 39 - When We Wake
Chapter 40 - Working for Hades
Chapter 41 - Rejection Dejection
Chapter 42 - To be Mortal
Chapter 43 - The Family Tree (Part I)
Chapter 43 - The Family Tree (Part II)
Chapter 44 - Not the Usual Trade
Chapter 45 - I See You
Chapter 46 - Ill-Fated Nightmare (Part I)
Chapter 46 - Ill-Fated Nightmare (Part II)
Chapter 47 - A Weaver's Wings

Chapter 33 - Beholden

1.6K 159 72
By IraCrow13

Chapter 33 - Beholden

Weaver

Enough, child!

My father's voice thundered in my head and it took everything I had to stop myself from unfolding my wings and revealing my true self to Selene.

But a moment ago, I had thrown all caution to the wind.

It was not a completely reckless decision. With all the signs I'd witnessed tonight, I had thought the Moirai were spinning and dictating my fate. Who was I to deny the daughters of destiny when even the gods submitted to them?

The first omen was Selene seeing my shadows in the alley. They should not have been visible to mortal sight if I did not wish them to be. And I hadn't. I hadn't wanted to frighten Selene.

The second one was the clay figurine. Granted that I'd handed it to Selene, but how had she known what I'd felt when I'd molded that piece? I had been only thirteen and immensely resentful. I had detested how my parents had stripped me of my gifts and confined me in this sphere.

And then the last one. I had only wanted to show her a replica of her dreams. I had not expected the setting to move. I had not anticipated for the floor to dissolve into a billion grains of black sand or for the woods of the painted forest to grow alive. And for a few seconds, Selene was not in my gallery-I was in her dream. I had felt it when my winged form pulled me toward it and I had welcomed the prospect of fusing with the best version of myself.

And yes, expose myself to Selene.

Selene was a seer. My brothers and I had discussed it before. I knew I had to be careful. It was forbidden for humans to find out we existed. Nyx said man will be dependent again. This was the gods' proud belief.

I would've agreed years ago, but now, I did not. Yet I had taken a vow of silence before accepting my penance.

I was bound to an oath as a god. But I was also beholden to Selene. I had made my choice. I wanted to show Selene everything.

Till Father's voice bellowed in my head, louder than I'd ever heard him before.

My parents had been silent for ten years. I had asked for help, for guidance, for an assessment of my progress, but they had remained quiet. I had thought they'd abandoned me to my devices, but after a decade, Erebus had let himself be heard.

Why now? I hated it.

I hated how the ground shook with the effort it took to withdraw from Selene's dream.

I hated how I made her fall to the ground.

I ran and crouched next to her. I reached for her hand to help her stand. "Selene, I'm so sorry. Are you okay?"

Selene took my hand and looked around her, confused. I noticed the cyclones did not appear upon contact.

"Did you..." she started then closed her eyes tight and shook her head. She opened her eyes and seemed like she was going to stumble again, but she clutched my arm.

She gazed at her unfamiliar surroundings. We were now in a room shaped like a dark cavern with several egresses. It closely resembled my bedchamber from my old world. It was the first and only place I could think of when Father's booming command had startled me.

How I wished I could bring Selene to my realm and comfort her. I would remove the uncertainty in her eyes. She was probably thinking she was going mad and it was my fault. Again. I couldn't endure lying to her.

She let go of my arm when she deemed she was steady enough to stand on her own feet. Then she walked toward one wall and touched it, probably perplexed at its smoothness because it was nothing but a mural of a cave. She bent and touched the floor, probably expecting the gritty texture of sand but again just felt the evenness of a marble floor.

I worried.

She stood up.

I felt sick.

Then she giggled. Then laughed loudly. She wouldn't stop till there were tears in her eyes.

She truly thought she was going mad!

"Selene, are you okay?" I asked again cautiously.

She looked at me and I was already considering our options. Should I bring her to Freud or Thanatos? Should I tell my brothers? Should I put her to sleep and let her think this was all just a dream? I was panicking, but she caught my attention and I realized that the sparkle in her eyes didn't hint at lunacy. In fact, they held something else entirely.

"I think I might have drunk too much and had my first meal today too late," she said when her mirth had dissipated to a playful smirk.

She walked back to me and raised a hand to touch my cheek and quietly said, "Thank you for sharing your world with me."

Her fingers traced my jaw as she stared into my eyes and said, "I will blame the alcohol and the late meal because I swear your eyes are gold."

I could not resist.

I cupped her face between my hands and allowed myself more than a whiff. I bent toward her and breathed in her sweetness. Her lips slightly parted and I closed the distance and kissed her. I tasted her. I enveloped her in my arms as I went deeper with a need that had grown for hours, years, perhaps millennia. I had not known this kind of need till I'd met Selene.

I growled and gathered Selene closer to me. And she returned as much as I gave. She was sweet. And I was starving. She was the most delectable treat I'd had in an eternity.

If my parents were screaming at me now, I would not have heard them. They could've sent banshees and I would've remained deaf. All I saw, heard and tasted was Selene.

I no longer cared.

I sent Selene cyclones, beasts, everything she wanted. But she ignored all these as she continued kissing me with an intensity that induced sensations I'd never felt before. Just when I thought I'd covered all possible feelings the last decade.

"Wow," she breathed out. I thought she was referring to the concepts I'd woven that were now fading in the background as our faces drew apart. But she was gazing at my eyes. And I was staring at her mouth.

And I kissed her again. Hungrier than before.

I knew I was never going to have my fill.

I reined in my desire. I moved from her lips to the side of her mouth to her jaw to her neck. I settled at the pulse beating below her jaw, fascinated with its rapid rhythm. Had I caused that?

I grinned to myself.

"Someone's feeling cocky," Selene said teasingly as she placed a few inches between us.

I pulled her back and wrapped her in my arms.

"No. Just indescribably happy," I told Selene then reluctantly added, "Come on. Let's get you home."

We walked through the narrow lane and I knew my shadows were lurking, gawking at Selene. She didn't say anything though as she walked next to me, her arm wrapped in mine, a smile playing at her lips as she looked at an unseen object in front of her.

We walked past a basketball court and Selene grinned at me and asked, "Want to see if you can beat me this time?"

I smiled at her. Completely adorable. Partially tipsy.

"No. At least not in that dress," I answered.

"Are you suggesting I take it off?" she quickly replied.

I halted when I heard her suggestion. I looked at her.

She looked at me. Then waved off her hand to dismiss her suggestion. "I was kidding!"

Then she started walking again and I followed her. She probably misread the hunger in my eyes and thought I was scandalized. Better she thought that and desist or else I was going to drag her back to my cave whether in this realm or mine.

But Selene deserved more. She deserved the truth.

When we reached her place, I walked her up the steps and gently pressed my lips on hers. I lingered and let her steal my breath, my soul.

Did gods have souls?

**

Yay! Finally! That first (and second and third) kiss! Woohoo! I have officially conquered cheese!!

It was a busy week juggling work and fundraisers and instead of enjoying the weekend, I'm down with the flu :( But I couldn't stay in bed. I just had to get this chapter up for you wonderful people! I <3 you all!

Please vote, comment and follow (if you wish! I'm ecstatic I now have 43 :-))

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.8K 468 47
* Past my bedtime story Volume 1. * "So, you're some sort of Sandman?" Morpheus closed his eyes at her question. There wasn't a word he hated more...
Hades By sarah

Teen Fiction

153K 4.1K 34
They say gut feelings are your guardian angels, Ella Thomas will soon find out that hers was leading her to something she could never imagine existed...
7.3M 361K 46
[COMPLETED!] (Sequel to How to be a Queen) Aerith and Hades already have their fairytale ending. They've also been blessed with twins: Aidon and Aure...
7.4K 259 23
You know the story. Dream kept a dark apple hidden from Nightmare. And finally, in desperation to understand his dear brother's pain, he ate the dark...